3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Wonderslim 10

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #61

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5' 0''

Today is my 62nd birthday. The scale is coming down, not quite back to where it should be,but I am getting there.

My youngest son is in Florida at a business conference. My oldest son is on the way to NYC, with his fiancee and her daughters. They are visiting him and have never been to New York. My daughter-in-law, is at work, so I have the baby today. I actually, picked him up last night.

Not a very exciting birthday!

For every 5 lbs
Old 05-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #62

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Happy birthday irish!!

Sounds like you have so much to be thankful for: successful, employed and healthy children are nothing to sneeze at! And you know I'm jealous of your overnight with the grandbaby!

Not to mention how important you are becoming to me and I'm sure already are to all of the others here who look to you for motivation and inspiration!

Then there's your journey, along with your improved health and outlook, which sets a shining example for your family, friends, and the rest of us.

So YAY! Have a wonderful rest of the day as you count your many blessings and especially the fact that you can be home and spend time being a grandmother, the best job in the world!!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #63

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

HAPPY BE-LATED IRISH!!!

You are a braver woman than I. I don't admit to birthdays! then again...I don't admit to them because something always goes horribly wrong...like being hospitalized for double pnemonia or open heart surgery on my step dad or a favorite uncle dying, you know, stuff like that. I have refused to acknowledge my birthday for 3 years and so far, so good, NO ISSUES!!

In all seriousness though, Happy Birthday! And You are just too freaking awesome!

Daughter's ballet recital was last night...SO freaking adorable! Heading out of town in a few hours....going to be MIA for a few days and get some seriously needed R&R...been too busy these past few weeks...and this week has been much nuttier than normal.

anyways, everyone have an awesome Memorial Day Weekend and let's keep our guys and gals who have lost their lives fighting for what they believed in and those that keep doing it, in our hearts. PEACE!

Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13
Stage 2: Moderate Obesity BMI - completed 11/26/13; ONDERLAND; Overweight BMI
Stage 3: work in progress

One for every 10 pounds lost:
Old 05-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #64

Discovered Walden Farms sauces in my Kroger yesterday, they were out of chocolate so I got caramel. It was awsome dribbled on my vanilla pudding, just let me say.

My DGD pee-peed in the pot-TAY last night! Still singing the song in my head! Still amazes me how exciting every little thing is to me. The kids called me right away! Of course she is only 15 mos. old so she is a genius.

I'm going strong, yesterday had plain steamed broccoli and chicken at my favorite Chinese for my L&G and that was nice, just going by and picking up Chinese like I used to love to do. It wasn't the same, but it was GOOD FOR ME and a little change from my usual salad with chicken breast.

Going to try to sell my DVD collection and some books at a yard sale tomorrow, just don't need them anymore with Netflix and Kindle. Then getting my hair cut, and Sunday Biskitt and I going to babysit overnight for the kids so they can have date night, and then spend Monday with them. I will take all my food and some frozen veggies and chicken breasts, but most likely they will be eating food that is WS friendly themselves as they run a healthy house and are very supportive of me. So I'm hoping for some outdoor grilling on Monday!

Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend, filled with hope and gratitude.

Down 12, 108 to go! When do I get to have a ticker??
Old 05-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimblegranny View Post
Discovered Walden Farms sauces in my Kroger yesterday, they were out of chocolate so I got caramel. It was awsome dribbled on my vanilla pudding, just let me say.

My DGD pee-peed in the pot-TAY last night! Still singing the song in my head! Still amazes me how exciting every little thing is to me. The kids called me right away! Of course she is only 15 mos. old so she is a genius.

I'm going strong, yesterday had plain steamed broccoli and chicken at my favorite Chinese for my L&G and that was nice, just going by and picking up Chinese like I used to love to do. It wasn't the same, but it was GOOD FOR ME and a little change from my usual salad with chicken breast.

Going to try to sell my DVD collection and some books at a yard sale tomorrow, just don't need them anymore with Netflix and Kindle. Then getting my hair cut, and Sunday Biskitt and I going to babysit overnight for the kids so they can have date night, and then spend Monday with them. I will take all my food and some frozen veggies and chicken breasts, but most likely they will be eating food that is WS friendly themselves as they run a healthy house and are very supportive of me. So I'm hoping for some outdoor grilling on Monday!

Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend, filled with hope and gratitude.

Down 12, 108 to go! When do I get to have a ticker??
WOOT! Awesome! weight loss! My kiddo was 18 months and everyone said she was early, so rock on with your DGD!

You should get creative with your meals, chicken and salad gets BORING after a while Big Mac in a Bowl is DELISH! and WS friendly. Pork can be cooked a million and one ways and the tenderloin is usually lean. Turkey, flank steak, bunch of stuff. Maybe I will start a thread of my favorite recipies in the future. Like my healthy version of teriyaki sauce. Of my tofu alfredo (seriously! You should try some tofu alfredo...AMAZING on steamed veggies...even people who HATE tofu like it!)

And you've hit the 20 post requirement for a ticker....just wait until your 20 day point and then you are golden. So...what...one, two more weeks?

Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13

Last edited by zoesmom : 05-24-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #66

Big Mac in a Bowl! Must have it! Please do post WS friendly recipes, I would be a big fan of that.

I have made Crack Slaw several times with ground turkey. It was terrific. I need to know what to put in my ground turkey to make it taste better, so if you have some ground turkey recipes, bring 'em on! Just plain ground turkey patties are blech.

Yes, I joined 5/7 but didn't start posting right away. Will it alert me when I can have a ticker, or what?
Old 05-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #67

S/C/G: 165/151/110

First off everyone have a Happy and Healthy holiday this weekend. Be safe and remember those who fight for our freedom.

Happy Belated Birthday to you Irish51! I take it you had a great day!!

Congratualtions on your DGD's new accomplishment Nimblegranny. She will soon be a little adult . I hope you have a great weekend with your family.

I remember my niece's ballet recital over 23 years ago Zoesmom. They are all adorable to watch. Wish I had the opportunity to have ballet lessons but things were different in the early 1960's.

What is crack slaw? I heard that term before but never knew what it was. That Big Mac in a bowl sounds good too. I am not a chicken breast fan so I stay away from them.
I have nothing planned for this weekend, just relax and get things done around the house as I see fit.
Take care everyone and enjoy the weekend and family time.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #68

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5' 0''

N Granny Thanks. I kept the little guy last night, also. By the time my DIL would have been able to meet me, it would have been after 7:15 PM, and than the ride back home, giving him dinner, it would have been his bedtime and she really would not have been able to spend much time with him. I take pictures of him in the morning and text a 'good morning mommy' message to her, whenever I keep him overnight (which turns out to be quite often ).

zoesmom
Quote:
You are a braver woman than I. I don't admit to birthdays!
There is a reason for that! My mother died at the age of 59 from breast cancer, two years kater my dad died at age 67 cerebral hemorrhage, my husband died at age 53 lung cancer, most probably due to Agent Orange Exposure (Vietnam '67). So in my family every birthday is reason to celebrate! Thanks for the wishes.

Glad the ballet recital went well. Enjoy your time away.

punmama Thank you. I love spending time with my grandson. He is not much of a party person...yet. He is in bed by 8:15 PM

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend. I will be without baby for the next two days, so I will be doing yard work. That's if the rain stays away. If not, I will be on the couch watching movies!!

For every 5 lbs

Last edited by irish51 : 05-24-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #69

punmama, there are a million Crack Slaw recipes, just Google it. This is the one I used, made it with ground turkey, though. It makes a LOT. It is addictive.

CRACK SLAW
-1 lb ground beef
-salt and pepper
-2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
-2 garlic cloves, minced
-3 green onions, sliced
-14 ounces coleslaw mix (if you don't want the carrots use the angel hair cole slaw or just shred up a head of cabbage)
-2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
-1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce (this will be pretty mild so add to taste or you can use pepper flakes to taste)
-1 (1 g) Splenda quick pack
-1/2 teaspoon ginger paste (you could also use 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced ginger or ground ginger)
-1 teaspoon white vinegar (any kind really)
-sriracha sauce (to garnish)

Directions:

1 Brown ground beef and season with salt and pepper to taste.

2 Remove from pan and set aside.

3 Heat up sesame oil and sauté garlic, onions, and slaw in sesame oil until cabbage cooked to desired tenderness.

4 Stir in the soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, Splenda, ginger and vinegar.

5 Add back in hamburger. Mix well and serve!

6 Serve with additional Sriracha sauce on the side for people who want to add spice.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #70

Quote:
There is a reason for that! My mother died at the age of 59 from breast cancer, two years kater my dad died at age 67 cerebral hemorrhage, my husband died at age 53 lung cancer, most probably due to Agent Orange Exposure (Vietnam '67). So in my family every birthday is reason to celebrate! Thanks for the wishes.
I celebrate big too, irish. My mother died of ovarian cancer at age 51, and her sister with brain cancer at 51, so every year I outlive them is a huge one. My husband was 59 when he died six weeks after finding out he had pancreatic cancer. I had the "Angelina Jolie" surgery and reconstruction three years ago, as I have the gene and I do NOT intend to go out that way!

So if I can do that, I can surely take off this weight, 10 lbs. at a time. I'm working on my second 10 now. I don't intend to go out with diabetes either. I'm on a new journey now. Thanks for being here and thanks for letting me share.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #71

S/C/G: 175/173/130

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to say hello. Just ordered my first 2 week WS supply. Can't wait to get it in and try it. I have had extreme difficulty losing weight due to a heart transplant 11 years ago. I've tried WW, and calorie counting and have only managed 1/2 pound a week. This of course frustrates me after 2 weeks and I wind up getting off track. I babysit 2 of my grandbabies full time and just don't have time to plan and cook alot of "diet meals" for one person. I'm really hoping this works and love the idea of having this online forum here!!
Old 05-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #72

Welcome Jeannie! The reason I'm loving WS is because it's so easy. Not much cooking, just a lot of planning, and that becomes second nature after the first week or so. I love the convenience of the packages and the food tastes good for packaged food. I am completely satisfied, am not having problems with temptations at this point (3 weeks in) and feel I can do this for the long haul. I have a lot to lose, so I am feeling really hopeful about the next few months. The senior members here have been incredibly helpful with practical advice AND inspiration. So, once again,

The more the merrier!
Old 05-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #73

Down 3 more, for 15 total! That's halfway through my second 10, taking it 10 lbs. at a time. Very happy with 15 lbs. in 3 weeks, one day. Am starting to be able to see a little difference in the muffin top and my clothes are starting to be loose or fit well instead of being tight. YAY me!
Old 05-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #74

jeanie!!! Glad to have you on board! WW is an excellent program, an average of 1/2 a pound a week is actually a very average weight loss for most people. in fact, most dieters can lose between 1/2 - 2 pounds a week following plans such as WS. That being said, WS is certainly much faster than 1/2 a pound a week. I know I average roughly 1.5 pounds a week roughly, but I also exercise so my loses are a tad slower than what WS advertises. I also don't always lose weight every week, and even have some gains, but the end result is still pounds lost. My advice, don't get stuck on the number on the scale. Because the 6 week plateau will beyond tick you off if you do Get a tape measure and take measurements of your bust, waist, hips, thighs, arms, and maybe neck. When the scale doesn't move for a month, I promise you will see movement there. None the less, welcome, and I look forward to reading your progress!!!

Nimble - HUZZAH on the additional 3 pound loss!!!! :five: 15 pounds total is AWESOME!!!!

I have no clue if I have had a loss this weekend or not. No scale here in good old Macon, but it is relaxing and I get to weigh again come Tuesday. I've been on track with my eating...but I think my body is going to punish me as I am swimming a good 2-3 hours a day and then following up with a jog afterwards, leaving me burning WAY more calories than I am consuming during the day....in fact, I have burned 803 calories so far today and before dinner, have only consumed 523 calories. WHOOPS!

Old 05-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #75

BIG MAC IN A BOWL
(info for ONE serving---and I usually can only eat half of this! )
1/2 pound lean hamburger (at least 93% fat free, 97% is better!)
2 pickle spears, diced or chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped onion (or dehydrated onion soaked in water)
1/4 head of iceburg lettuce, shredded (I prefer romaine normally, but this tastes MUCH better with iceburg)
2 tablespoons Walden Farms 1000 Island

Brown meat, adding salt and pepper to tastes (I sometimes use garlic too)
Add all the ingredients together, toss, and serve! Easy Peasy and completely WS approved!

Calories: 285
Carbs: 6
Fiber: 2
Protein: 36
Fat: 12
Sodium: 1780 (yeah okay, this is a little high, but given that we should be drinking tons of water, it should be okay unless you have blood pressure problems)

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.