3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Wonderslim 10

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #46

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

BTW everybody, I put my cheesecake in the freezer last night and it was fantastic. The top got a little hard layer on it like cheesecake. It was very exciting.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #47

FYI punmama - I found this on a Medifast thread about the soup:

First of all, soup. Especially the ones with noodles or nice. If you cook it per the directions sometimes the noodles/rice and other pieces remain hard and crunchy. Yuck. Here's what you do: add your cold water and let it sit for a few minutes or more. I don't think you could presoak it too much so if you have the time, use it. Then cook per directions. When the microwave routine is finished, carefully (its hott!) pour your soup into some kind of thermos (soup, coffee, etc) close the lid and let it sit for a few. The thermos keeps it warm enough where the soup continues to cook, and when you go to eat it it's actually thick and creamy and really, really good.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #48

S/C/G: 165/151/110

Thanks nimblegranny. I know that the noodles are still crunchy so this will help with that. I have to remember to put the cheese cake in the freezer too.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #49

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Adding 1 tablespoon of fat free cream cheese (and leaving your optional from dinner out from dinner) also greatly improved the cheese cake.

You aren't going to find a lot on WS regarding diabetes other than it helps. There are reports and all that scientific mumbo-jumbo. However, the reads are insanely boring and close to impossible to follow. However, since WS is based off of both Medifast and Ideal Protein and since there ARE tons of users for those programs, you CAN find info for those regarding diabetics and the high protein diets and sugar levels. In my experience, a lot of people don't follow the WS protocol, but do use the WS product to follow these protocols as WS tastes better and is lower in carbs. I suggest looking here and here for info on this type of diet and diabetes. In addition, you had made comment about being concerned with the amount of sugar in the products. Please note that while that is something to monitor as a diabetic, you really should be more concerned over the carbs themselves (sugar is a type of carb) and the sugar to carb ratio. Always remember to subtract your dietary fiber from the total carbs as well, to get the true net count. Remember, a diabetic has no way of breaking down the carbs consumed, that is why you take medication. And your body doesn't care if it is a sugar carb or a starch carb or a complex carb (although some WILL cause more spikes than others.) To your body, a carb is a carb. Since this diet give you between 70-120 grams of carbs A DAY and the average NON-DIETING female comsumes 300 grams a day, you are eating far less than the you once were. That means, you are on a low carb (and by default, low sugar) diet...which means your body has way less carbs to try and break down. Which means, you *SHOULD* be able to either decrease your meds or stop them altogether in the future. Remember, the amount of carbs you eat must be calculated based on the amount of insulin you intend to take or your food intake must be tailored to the amount of insulin in your body. In other words, if you take 10 units for breakfast, you could eat roughly 100 carbs for breakfast. But...you aren't even eating 100 a day on this diet....

That's why most doctors will tell you to watch your carbs and many times, forget to mention sugar, because they lump it all in the same group, since your body does too.

***I am in no way, shape, or body a doctor and am not able to properly assess your true daily needs. As with any diet, especially if you have any of the "deadly" diseases (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, mumurs, ect.) please consult your doctor both before partaking in any diet or exercise and throughout the course of your weightloss regemine. Remember---you doctor should be your partner in this endeavor, so you lose weight the healthiest way.***

And now, without much more ado...GUESS WHO FINALLY HIT 50 POUNDS lost forever! WOOT!!!!!

Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13
Stage 2: Moderate Obesity BMI - completed 11/26/13; ONDERLAND; Overweight BMI
Stage 3: work in progress

One for every 10 pounds lost:

Last edited by zoesmom : 05-22-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #50

Congratulations on your successful loss Zoesmom. That is awesome news.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #51

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5' 0''

zoesmom

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

For every 5 lbs

Last edited by irish51 : 05-22-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #52

Yay zoesmom! What irish said!!! 50 lbs. is amazing! I'm so inspired, how long has it taken you?

And thanks for the carb stuff. Helps to think about it that way. I will do my reading up too. You're the best!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #53

My boss got her two-week box today and is very excited, so started today at morning snack. It will be great to have a buddy right here, and there is a Medifast buddy here in the office too who has been very successful and is in transition now, we have watched her melt away on the plan since last November. So Go Team Nimblegranny!

Just so excited for you, zoesmom. I can't imagine how joyful you must feel. Such an accomplishment!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #54

Question, when I order a grilled chicken salad no croutons, I need to leave off the cheese too, right? Even though it's protein and negligible I'm sure it's not lowfat.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #55

How do I undo what I have just done? I ate some things that I should not have after I had my Wonder Slim lunch. I would like to know if I can use that as my dinner and have a bar for dinner along with some veggies? It was not exactly a lean/green meal and believe me I am feeling it now. I feel very bloated and gassy.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #56

Question

Will have to wait for our senior members to answer that punmama! I have no clue except just get right back on like the slip didn't happen.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #57

Thanks nimblegranny. I know you can interchange the lean/green meal for lunch. The way I feel I want to get back on board. Blah. LOL.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #58

Thanks everyone It was a major accomplishment, something I never thought I could do prior to WS.

Nimble - I am not a fair one to compare against. I started WS on July 17, 2012...but very quickly had to stop due to illness on August 13th and per doctor orders, was not allowed to restart until December 31st. I lost a lot of time. I don't remember how much I lost that first three weeks, but I know when I restarted I weighed in at 286 and my high had been 293. So, since the first of the year, I have lost 43 pounds, or roughly 2 pounds per week, but...if you go by all the weeks I was actively losing weight, not including when I was ill, I lost 1.86 pounds per week on average. I also exercise, which slows weight loss down, especially on low calorie diets. Plus, not throwing age out in a negative way, but well, I am younger than most of you, at only 30, so my metabolism is a wee bit more amped. None the less, despite all of that, I am still moving along much quicker than I would have otherwise.

You should read up on carbs vs sugar to diabetics. The reads are rather enlightening. I am the only lucky one in my family to not be diabetic...literally EVERYONE around me is. I am hoping, as I get my weight under control, my risk will decrease. Since I am terrified of needles, I read WAY too much on the subject to figure out how to best avoid it and how to best monitor it. Fear will do some amazing things to motivation!

Yep...when you order a salad, you should ask for no cheese. Most restaurants do not use low fat cheese. Where as you are allowed one diary a day on WS, it should be 2% or less and about 1/4 a cup. When thinking of cheese, that equates out to 1 ounce of low fat. Can you be sure that is all that is on there? And can you make a pact with yourself to not have any more dairy for the day outside of that?

punmama - you cannot undo a bad snack choice. But you can combat it. Go for a walk for about 30 minutes. Keep your heart rate up, but not past the point where you are unable to have a conversation while walking. That will drop about 100 of those calories, depending on your BMR. Log into MyFitnessPal.com or LoseIT.com and input every bite you've had today. How do you look?
I have my account customized and set to 950 base calories (it goes up when I add in exercise). Everything else is set at:
Protein 50%
Fats 30%
Carbs 20%

This is per my doctor....so, that is what I go by. Your needs may be different. But...none the less, after plugging your numbers in, how do you look for the day? Are you under? over? If over, try to go for the least damaging meal...which is likely going to be the hot cocoa or cappucino if you have it. A shake if not. Bars have more carbs, so that may not be best for you...but then again, giving that you are diabetic, you know you better than I do. If you are hungry, lettuce, celery, pickles, all those nice high fiber low cal or 0/0/0 veggies are your friend. Remember though, eat within moderation. 1 cup is okay. 2 cups is pushing it. 3 cups and well, you might as well have eaten that protein bar. Lettuce is a free food, you can eat as much as you want. Celery is a free food. Pickles and cucumbers are free food. everything else has a price (read calories here) tag.

Worst of worst? Don't sweat the small stuff. We all make mistakes. Lord knows I made my fair share. Tomorrow is another day, another chance to get it right. Just whatever you do, don't give up. THAT is the ultimate failure. Being human and eating a bit too much? Well, it happens. How else do you intend to learn form your mistakes if you don't make those mistakes? You can do this, have faith.

Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13

Old 05-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #59

Zoesmom,
I made the mistake and now it is over. When I got home from work instead of eating the house down I went back to program. I have to look into Myfitnesspal. com. I heard about it but haven't looked at it yet.

You are vey lucky not to be diabetic since it runs in your family. I take oral medication not the needles, I am like you with that.

Thank you for your suggestions of pickles, celery and lettuce. That will be hard to swallow ( literally) since I don't care for any of them but I will pace myself and buy them.

I do admit that I really felt bloated after eating what I did and know that I will not do that again. I am not under a doctor's supervision because I know what he will say, " Just eat right" , no suggestions or anything like that.

Nimblegranny: Thank you again for your help and suggestions. You are a really neat person.

Maria
Old 05-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #60

YEAH YOU for getting back on plan ASAP! Sounds like your doctor isn't a partner when it comes to weight loss. I know I am insanely lucky with my group of doctors...all of them are just as commited as I am and I meet up with one of them twice a month to review my daily journal and discuss what is and what isn't working and make tweaks as need be. I also know that he specializes in weight loss, unlike my GP. In fact, a GP probably isn't going to be much help when determining a substainable plan. An endocrinologist on the other hand...well, let's just say I freaking love mine. If I lose a pound, he literally jumps up and down for joy. If I lose 15 pounds, he dances in circles and hugs me like I did something major. He actually rocks. And he monitors my blood work and all that jazz. But, I also know I am super lucky to have him on my side. Most just take notes.

I understand your reluctance to lettuce, celery and pickles...THEY ARE GROSS!

Other 0 calorie foods (They are foods that when consumed actually use so much energy being digested that they cause your body to burn enough calories to offset the calories that they contain) are:

Miracle Noodles (filling and has an okay taste. Works fairly well with Walden Farms pasta sauces, which are also 0/0/0) - CAN be expensive though

And:
Zero-calorie vegetables include zucchini, turnips, spinach, radishes, onions, lettuce, green beans, garlic, cucumbers, celery, carrots, green cabbages, broccoli and asparagus.

Be careful of the carbs in some of these...but, then again, being a diabetic, your needs for carbs may be higher than mine. For instance, you know carrots, green beans, and onions can be lightly sweet, so the carbs are likely higher in those.

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.