3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Wonderslim 10

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #286

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStar View Post
It's weigh-in day today. I removed 1.6 lbs for a total of 10 lbs now. Twenty lbs to goal!

Yesterday we went to visit friends who live at South Lake Tahoe, and went to eat lunch at an Indian restaurant. I did research before hand, and decided there really wasn't much that would be "safe" to eat Even the chicken dishes are in sauce of some sort. The tandoori chicken was not to my liking, so I just took some of whatever looked good to me, but not overdoing it. Of course, my favorite was in a sauce that includes cream in it.

For dinner, I ate an NLS/WS bar, the brownie with caramel ones, and called it a day.

Gamma, nice to "meet" another Kim!
for what it is worth, most restaurants will gladly alter a meal for you if you tell them you need to order a la carte due to "dietary restrictions". No need to tell them you are on a diet...it can mean anything from diabetes to blood pressure to whatever. They don't know and they won't ask. Most times, they offer steamed veggies...and never tell you. and you can ask for the chicken to be plain. I do it all the time...the only places it doesn't work is buffet lines and fast food

Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13
Stage 2: Moderate Obesity BMI - completed 11/26/13; ONDERLAND; Overweight BMI
Stage 3: work in progress

One for every 10 pounds lost:
Old 07-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #287

Just saw this on another thread...very interesting...and after playing with it, think I found out how my doctor reaches his numbers and predictions..

Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13

Old 07-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #288

Cool

Zoesmom you look great! You and your daughter look so happy! I can see the difference 60 lbs makes! Maybe one day I will be brave enough to post some pics. It's great you have such a good doctor. I know you will reach your goals and when you do I will cheer for you!

I'm also glad to hear the doctor uses WS to break addictions because I truly feel that's what I need and if how I eat wouldn't be classified as addiction then I have a very bad habit of overeating that needs to be broken. Anyway, onwards!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #289

Cool

Also, to Shootingstar!!! Way to go!!! So much inspiration!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 12:38 AM   #290
Awesome

S/C/G: 194.4/183.2/125

Height: 5'3"

Zoesmom - You look great, and you daughter is adorable! I'm glad to have a runner here to help me. I don't know anyone irl who runs, so I really appreciate the advice. I'm going to start doing just do half of what I was for a while. I jog on the treadmill and can make sure I stay at a slower speed and watch that I don't over do it. I also went out and got some of the fudge eas carb shakes that you recommended.

Hi Gamma! I'm new to WS and posting on the forum. I've only been doing this for a few days, but I can tell you that I too am a big sweets person and it's been easy to stick to the plan so far. The food tastes good and these ladies are so inspiring that it makes me want to keep going.

Congrats shootingstar! The best advice I can give you is to ask for what you want. The worse they can say is no. I went out of town this weekend and ate out with my friends at a Mexican restaurant. I was able to get a dish modified to just have grilled chicken and steamed california veggies,(no cheese, rice, beans, etc. and they even added a little more veggies for me in place of the extras) and used a little salsa as a sauce. And today we went to the mall, and while everyone else was chowing down on their mall food, I popped in to GNC and got a quest bar, and ate half of that. It was delicious, and I was able to eat healthy food and still have a good time with my friends this weekend.

Good luck on your first day tomorrow TaeBean!

Last edited by Tifftastic05 : 07-15-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #291

S/C/G: 165/151/110

Zoesmom,
I know I am a bit late in saying this but those pictures of you and your daugther are wonderful. You two have such beautiful smiles. I can definitely see the weight loss in your face. Thanks for sending those pictures.
I have been on haitus from work but not from WS for the last week. Took some vacation time off and stayed on the program for at least 80% of the week.
It is so nice to see more people on this forum too.

Punmana
Old 07-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #292

Shooting Star - KUDOS on the 10 lost! Keep it up!

TaeBean - That is actually the only reason why my doctor uses it. He is a strong believer that weight loss is best achieved by eating real foods, but he acknowledges some people have to break the food addiction before they can do that. I was one of those people. Now, we are weaning slowly back to real food, but we aren't rushing it. No need to rush it, not if I want to keep my goals in sight

Tiff - I hope you like the fudge...I am partial to the vanilla myself. but I will openly admit that I tend to not like chocolate all that much except in rare cases (for some reason, WS fits that case.) I also like the cappucino, but it is harder to find...and pricer for some reason. Can't figure that one out. I know when I started working out, I was told to keep my workouts to the point that I wasn't breaking a sweat and could still carry conversation. I started off slow at 2 mph (unlike you, I wasn't already working out, so props there! ) Now, I can do a nice paced jog/run of anywhere between 5 and 6 mph and aside from high humidity days, hardly ever break a real sweat...and I can carry on a conversation...mostly. The trick is to stay in the fat burn heart rate and not the cardio heart rate.

punmama - kudos for staying mostly on plan! Especailly while on vacation! Props!

ALL - thank you for the kind words. I love seeing the difference. The first picture, I am in a tight 24/26 skirt and 4XL shirt. The second picture, I am in a size L skirt and a XL shirt. I think progress is coming along! OH! And my shoes! My feet have shrunk considerably...I was in a 10-1/2 to 11 due to the width of my feet...now I am in a 8-1/2 to a 9.

A bit more on eating out...I do it often. At least once a week, but usually 3 times. Busy schedule, what with swim lessons, ballet, working two jobs, and all that. I have eating out and staying on plan down to a science:

First...if possible ALWAYS scope out the online menu in advance. Usually the nutritional value is listed, so you can base off that. Plan what you want, and STICK TO IT! (This is the hardest step!)

Second...if you are prone to last minute caving, such as an appetizer or desert, bring cash only with you. Leave all other types of payment at home. And only bring enough for your entree, drink, and tip. Harder to get the extras is you simply do not have the money for them.

Third...always ask what the fresh/steamed veggies are. The menu doesn't list them, but they are there. You can ask for graveys and sauces to be omitted. Ask for butter not to be added to the veggies or fish. Ask that the your chicken or beef be cooked without the marinade. Remember, YOU pay their bills, they WILL accomidate you...and if they won't, time to find a place that will.

Fourth...ALWAYS ask for a to-go box to arrive to your table BEFORE your meal arrives. As soon as the food is delivered, half your meal and put it in the box. Use the "out of sight, out of mind" philospophy.

Fifth...Remember that salads ARE NOT the healthiest choice most of the time. Now that your head has just whipped back and you are surprised by this, consider this...they add cheese, eggs, fried meats, GOBS of dressings, croutons, bacon, and on and on and on. Many times, salads have MORE calories than the 6 ounce steak with a side of brocolli...and isn't nearly as filling. If you have a salad, either bring your own dressings that are diet approved, or order it on the side and DIP your fork in it each time you take a bite. Order it without the cheese, without the croutons, without the bacon, and only grilled meats, never fried.

Sixth...bring your own dipping sauces. Heintz makes a sugar free ketchup that easily slips in your purse. With 1 net carb and 10 calories per serving...it is a LOT better than what they have there...and tastes the same. WF makes a decent enough BBQ sauce. Ask for honey and mustard and make your OWN honey mustard instead of the one prepared in the back that has added sugars.

But most importantly....do NOT dread a slip up. You are human. Slips happen. That is not failure. Failure is accepting the slip up as fact and refusing to get back up and starting over. If you do cave and eat bad on one meal, just start over at the very next meal. It is better to not slip...but if you do, it is much better to slip up one meal, than one day, than one week. If you remember that, you will be just fine

Old 07-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #293

Cool

Ok all, I've started my day out right. I had WS apple cinnamon oatmeal,good, and a WS strawberry yogurt smoothie for breakfast, also good. I also have planned some grapes and WS berry blast drink for a snack.

Here are my starting stats:
Weight 206.8 lbs and my body fat scale said 46.5% fat
Waist 41", right arm 14.5" and right thigh 26.5". I think. I wrote them down but left my sheet at home. If it is different I will update these stats later.

Obviously it is time to do something different! I'm going to take things one box at a time on my WS food log. I will let you all know how my day goes.

Zoesmom I'm so glad you are transitioning off WS products since you are becoming my guru I can follow your progress back to real food. I don't want to be on WS forever either. Great tips!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #294

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5' 0''

zoesmom Awesome pics...you look great. Zoe is just as cute as can be.

TaeBean Glad you were able to start this morning. You can do this!

Tiff I am a big chocolate person, but I found I liked the vanilla EAS better, I know weird.

punmama Glad to see you. It's great that you are staying on plan. (It's not always easy )

ShootingStar Congratulations on another 1.6 gone.

Okay, got the little guy down for a nap. just wanted to pop in and say hi ! I'll try to get back later....oh zoesmom I ran 2 miles last night!!!

For every 5 lbs
Old 07-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #295

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, it's great to see the board's activity picking up. I ate Chinese food and watermelon this weekend so no loss, but that's okay. It's a hectic time, packing up to put my house on the market, having to take help when and where I can get it to get things moved into my pod, foraging for boxes. No fun. But on the upside, I'm paring down and seeing SPACE in my house, instead of STUFF. But it's a slow slog for one person and no fun going through my dear husband's stuff, he's gone nearly 4 years now. Nevertheless, I am getting it done.

So there's a lot of emotional stuff in this move for me, I can tell. That has sent me to the food in the past. I think I have enough (10 weeks) of plan under my belt that it feels normal to me and any variations are glaringly clear and make me uncomfortable. So I haven't done any bingeing yet but I would understand if I saw some stuff happening with what's going on in my life right now.

NSV - in my expensive pants, I just went from 18/20 to 14/16! I knew they were baggy but in cleaning out my closet I found some brand new, unopened 14/16s. I was hoarding them long ago because I loved the style and they fit so well. YAY - new, "free" smaller pants!

for every 5 lbs. lost!
Mini-goals:
1) Break 200 lbs.
2) Normal fasting blood sugar with no meds (70-100mg)
3) No longer morbidly obese (162-180 lbs.)
4) No X on clothes
5) No longer obese (150-156 lbs.)
6) Healthy weight (114-144 lbs.)
Old 07-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #296

OH IRISH!!! YEAH YOU! I LOVE LOVE LOVE running...NEVER though that prior to this year. I am so stoked you ran! And two miles! You so rock!

Nimble - Isn't it the best when you can fit in old clothes again?! I am wearing my old Gap jeans...a size I haven't worn since 2002! Not to mention they are jeans! Something I haven't worns since...2002!

TaeBean - aw shucks...you give me too much credit I just take what my kindly and awesome weightloss doctor does and apply it. Pretty much, what I say here I have in one of three journals where I take notes like mad when in his office. Let's just say I am one of those people that obssesses over stuff just a wee too much.

BUT! You bring up an AWESOME point...something I neglected to mention to all the newbies that I usually do mention! TAPE MEASURE! Seriously! The most important thing about wieght loss and staying motivated is not getting hung up on what that scale says! IT LIES! We retain water. When we exercise. If we eat too much salt. When it is TOM. If we don't drink enough water. And on and on and on. That can have AS MUCH AS a 5 pound variance in our bodies PER DAY! (Granted it is usually a LOT less...) The scale lies. It shows actual weight but NEVER takes into consideration the amount of water vs fat vs muscle vs bones. And ultimately, we are aiming for FAT loss, not weight loss (remember, muscle pound for pound takes up MUCH less space than fat.) Our digital scales at home lists these things, but unless you get an acutal DEXA scan with a certified professional, you can throw your body fat, water, and bone percentages out the door. Our scales are just not accurate. For example, my scale says I at 39.99% body fat. My doctor's DEXA scan from last week shows me at 31.02%. A DEXA scan takes in a lot more than our feet simply standing on two metal strips on the scale. And is a lot more accurate....and can get you your "true" weight goal ideal. The BMI chart is flawed...it does not take into consideration your build...small vs medium vs large, athletic vs skinny, and all that jazz. The BMI chart says I should be between 115-155. But based off my muscle mass and actual fat mass, I should not go below 160...or I will be cutting into muscle loss. We don't want that...not when we don't get a choice in the matter of what muscle is taken...and one of our most important organs is muscles...you know, the heart

A better and truer gage to weight loss is the tape measure. Don't get me wrong...use a scale too! But use a tape measure as well. When the scale moves the wrong way or when it stalls, as long as you are still on plan, the tape measure will show you going down. I've had 5 pound gains (yeah water!) but still managed to lose 7 inches all around in as little as a week. Had I gone by scale alone, I would have been discouraged, and likely given up. But since that tape measure showed something WAS happening, I stayed the course.

Find encouragement where you can...and by george, that is most certainly one of the places you can find it. Look at irish - plateau since April...but just recently found herself in a XS. I remember a size 14 being snug on her

Old 07-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #297
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW:205.8/195.4/175

Height: 5'9" Apple Shape

Hi all,
Hey Z-Mom, that keto calculator thing is pretty cool. Looks like it wants me to weigh 144 lbs though. Um, no. Haven't been there since I was 19, and at that time I was bulimic, rode my bike like crazy, and subsisted mostly on apples.

At almost 50, I am not so concerned with being a stick, but being able to maintain a reasonable weight and keep my mobility.

Today was caramel pudding for breakfast, lemonade drink, brownie bar for breaks, and it looks like lemon pudding for after work. Marinated chicken kabobs for dinner with salad, then chocolate pudding for dessert.

Q for the day: What do you use for salad dressing? I use Walden Farms, but I also like Newman's Own light vinaigrette. I read the label, and it has very low carb/sugar counts. Salsa is pretty good as well. Plain lettuce doesn't do it for me. Any other suggestions?
Old 07-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStar View Post
Hi all,
Hey Z-Mom, that keto calculator thing is pretty cool. Looks like it wants me to weigh 144 lbs though. Um, no. Haven't been there since I was 19, and at that time I was bulimic, rode my bike like crazy, and subsisted mostly on apples.

At almost 50, I am not so concerned with being a stick, but being able to maintain a reasonable weight and keep my mobility.

Today was caramel pudding for breakfast, lemonade drink, brownie bar for breaks, and it looks like lemon pudding for after work. Marinated chicken kabobs for dinner with salad, then chocolate pudding for dessert.

Q for the day: What do you use for salad dressing? I use Walden Farms, but I also like Newman's Own light vinaigrette. I read the label, and it has very low carb/sugar counts. Salsa is pretty good as well. Plain lettuce doesn't do it for me. Any other suggestions?
LOL! yeah, it put me at a low weight too, until I tweaked with it. I exercise heavily, so I eat any salad dressing I want, since WF is gross to me (dressings are at least.). In the beginning though, I made my own honey mustard using WF syrup and mustard. A Google search for Ideal Protein salad dressings will pull a ton of approved recipes....I have used many of them. Some are decent....some not so much.

How's the lemon drink-I ALMOST bought it but chickened out and got the Protidiet blueberry pancakes instead....which are surprisingly decent I might add

Old 07-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #299

230.1 as of this morning. Almost in a new decade...and just might actually make my goal of 225 by August 1st

Old 07-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #300

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5' 0''

Popping in real quick (have the baby) to say yay zoesmom!!! You are so going to make that goal .

For every 5 lbs
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.