Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Tiff Glad you are no longer lurking. Hope you will stay with us, and let us be a part of your journey. We are really a fun group

Mocha shake/puddings are my favorite (just received 5 boxes in my latest order ) and I do not like coffee, weird I know. Also, like the hazelnut !
Old 07-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #272  

Height: 5'6"

Cool

Zoesmom. That's right, you are awesome! Good job girl!

My boxes are supposed to be here today! Will keep posted!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

Zoemsmom, you ARE awesome! Love hearing about your NSVs!

Another vote for the mocha shake - it's my favorite too. Will try your recipe for sure, zmom, adding the coffee. Would love your recipe for tuna cakes.

I am still losing slowly, but can tell the inches are coming off by the way my pants fit. I just bought some 20 pants online and can already roll them up at the waist. Which is what I do for a little bit before buying the next size down. I am keeping Cato in business, their pants are cheap, and I don't see buying expensive work clothes for the journey down. 10 more lbs and I'll be able to wear all the pants and jeans in my closet(s) easily and won't have to buy for a while. I have many many tops and some I haven't gotten to in a couple years. YAY for "new" (different) clothes!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

B - yogurt with WS cereal, shake
S- shake
L - chef's salad
S - will be fruit cup with WS bar
D - WS cheesy mac packet
Des - WS cheesecake pudding
Old 07-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #275  
Awesome

S/C/G: 194.4/183.2/125

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the welcome Irish and congrats on the x-small and the compliment from the stranger!

Thanks TaeBean! It's exciting to have someone starting at the same time. Did you get your order today?

Congrats on the 10 sizes Zoesmom, that's amazing! Fitting into smaller clothes that haven't fit in forever is always the best nsv for me. And, that shake idea sounds yummy. I'm going to definitely try it tomorrow.

I love reading everyone's daily plans, because it helped me get some ideas. I had a hard time deciding which things sounded best for today. Between school and work, I know if I don't plan the day ahead, I'm doomed to fail. I'm thinking of just randomly packing a week's worth in ziplock bags and then I'll just have to grab a random bag.

I also jogged (slow) another 3 miles today. It's only the 2nd day, but I feel like my body is remembering how it used to love running before I hurt my back last year and gained weight.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #276  

Cool

Tif I got my order today and am going to do some organizing and going through my boxes this weekend and get some cupboards cleaned out. My plan is to start Monday. I will get everything posted when i start from my meal plan to my weight and waist measurement. I'm still holding off on exercise to get in the groove with my eating plan and to give my knee a little more time to heal but it feels way better so it will be soon to the exercising!

Have a good weekend to all!
Old 07-13-2013, 05:00 AM   #277  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifftastic05 View Post
Thanks for the welcome Irish and congrats on the x-small and the compliment from the stranger!

Thanks TaeBean! It's exciting to have someone starting at the same time. Did you get your order today?

Congrats on the 10 sizes Zoesmom, that's amazing! Fitting into smaller clothes that haven't fit in forever is always the best nsv for me. And, that shake idea sounds yummy. I'm going to definitely try it tomorrow.

I love reading everyone's daily plans, because it helped me get some ideas. I had a hard time deciding which things sounded best for today. Between school and work, I know if I don't plan the day ahead, I'm doomed to fail. I'm thinking of just randomly packing a week's worth in ziplock bags and then I'll just have to grab a random bag.

I also jogged (slow) another 3 miles today. It's only the 2nd day, but I feel like my body is remembering how it used to love running before I hurt my back last year and gained weight.
I em excited to have a fellow jogger also on WS. But it is important you eat differently if you plan to be more active than a leisurely stroll we every day. If not, you will quickly stall, as Irish and I both learned way back when. First, don't START exercise if you haven't been doing it...wait a few weeks then ease into it slowly. If you have been working out, drop you activitey level just a wee bit. Remember, we got this way from eating a surplus of calorie, likely as much as 3000 or more. WS suddenly is throwing you into only 900-1200. Your body is going to wig out....you will have decreased energy, fatigue, headaches, and other things...plus you will be putting stress on your organs....mainly your heart. While the program IS safe, it is not intended for people who bust serious butt working out. Have no fear though you CAN do serious busting if you plan wisely.

First, if you plan to do something more than 30 minutes of walking, count your calories. Keep your net caloric range AT LEAST around 900. My fitness plan is a great site for this. Log as accurately as possible your calories burned. And adjust your diet from there. For example, the EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shake is a great post workout food. Have 6 to 8 ounces of meat at dinner instead of 4. Eat a hard boiled egg. Jack's Link jerky makes 100 calorie packs that are great for low carb, low calorie, low fat, but high protein...just watch your sodium. But...eat more if you exercise. Trust me.

And seriously excited to have a fellow runner!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #278  

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum & liking what I see! So glad I found y'all! I've been trying to decide what plan I want to go with. I did Nutrisystem few years ago & was not fond of their food, but was actually thinking of giving it another try since I noticed Walmart was selling it now.......a week box for $40 something! But I really wanted something with shakes, so thought I could do Vi shakes with it, but that would just run up the cost. Then I thought about medifast & as I was checking that out on the Internet I came across Wonderslim! I've never heard of it, but sounds great! Price wise & all the reviews sound awesome! So....I found this & y'all have just about made up my mind to go with WS! I'm probably going to make my first order today! Any suggestions as to what the best shake, etc is? I'm a big sweet eater, so I'd prob prefer sweet snacks over the others! Anyway.....just wanted to say HOWDY & any suggestions, info on WS would be greatly welcome! Oh!! Almost forgot! Any of y'all heard of Safslim? Just saw it on QVC. Reckon that might be something to help belly fat? Thanks y'all & have a terrific day!!! Kim
Old 07-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #279  

Gamma...while this does not include all of my samplings of WS, it includes most of the items. You can see my review HERE

While taking supplements and pills such as Safslim will likely not hurt you, it will not help speed your weight loss. I will have to try and find the study information again, but basically, since WS is so low in carbs and calories and fat, those items only make your wallet weigh less, not you. So, by all means, take it if you want to. But don't expect to see an increase in how quickly you lose weight, because you won't. Pills are meant to help you not absorb some of these things. But when your body needs every calories, carb, and fat it gets, those pills won't help anything. In fact, they will probably make you fatigued. You want to keep your daily net calories between 900-1200 for optimal weight loss results while on the WS diet. Additionally, pills are short term...and most people gain shortly after they stop taking them. WS is meant to teach you how much to eat and how to properly portion so you can have long term and sustainable weight loss. It approaches the concept of lifestyle change...not quick fix. It is important to differentiate the two prior to starting WS...just because you will loss quickly, do not assume it will stay gone unless you change your habits.

As the old cliche goes, diet and exercise is the best way to loss weight and fat. Remember, it take 3500 calories, plus or minus, to make or break one pound. So, at just 500 calories less a day, you can see a pound gone per week. WS ups that and forces you to decrease by an estimated 750-1000. Then recommends you at least walk 30 minutes a day. So, you should see a loss of 2-3 pounds, ON AVERAGE, per week. Note, the words on average means just that...you will have weeks where you don't move, weeks where you go up, and weeks where you will drop a huge 8 pounds...but how do they average out? I average at 2.22 pounds a week....and I have just now come out of a 4 week plateau where not an ounce was lost. And I have gained as much as 5 pounds. But I STILL average to 2.22 pounds gone per week. Bare that in mind.

none the less, I highly, HIGHLY recommend WS...I love the product. It helped me over come a food addiction. It helped me learn proper portions. It helped me start having a quality of life I was unsure could ever exist again. I love this....and really think that if you are committed, you can do it. Afterall, if I can do it, anyone can.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Tiff Thank you and your welcome!

Taebean I am so excited that you have received your order and are ready to get started.

Gamma I agree with everything zoesmom has said.
WS is a quick way to lose weight, but not a quick fix to lose weight. I have been in a plateau since April, but I am convinced this would have happened with any program I picked. I am older, only 5' tall, very active. These last 20 lbs are the devil to get off, but I am not quitting. They will eventually come off, and I have nothing but time. In my opinion, WS has the perfect products for those of us with a sweet tooth (). The shakes/puddings are great for that (mocha, hazelnut, chocolate cream.). The bars can take the edge off, but I usually stay away from them...they have more calories and less protein.

My shakes I blend with cold water and ice. When I do the pudding, I usually mix with diet soda, especially mocha pudding w/diet cream soda! I stay away from all cola products, but again that is me, I haven't had a cola since 1990 ..broke that addiction then and refuse to go back.

Anyways, I also recommend WS, it will definitely teach you portion control, especially if you order the cereal, (I put mine in a mug, to make it look less lonely!)

Good Luck! Let us know if we can offer any other tips or advice..
Old 07-14-2013, 12:28 AM   #281  

Thanks for the info y'all! I can't wait to start my new journey! I forgot to mention that I just finished the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I did lose a small amt, but just couldn't take the shakes!! Yuk!
I'm going to order tomorrow! Cant wait! This is going to be great!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #282  

Red face

Thanks Irish! I'm going to post my start stats tomorrow.

Gamma- I'm starting tomorrow (Monday) and I'm excited and scared both because I want to lose weight but I really, really want to break my bad eating habits. So, I'm excited to have found this program but scared of it being so hard to change that I will give up on this like I have every other thing I have ever tried which is alot. The thing that is giving me hope and pushing me forward is this forum and these ladies inspiring stories and their support of me starting this since I only started posting on here last weekend. Plus, I received my order and looked through it all and read all the materials and printed the food log and daily meal plan and it seems very simple and straight forward which is what I feel like I need right now and will help me so much. As to liking the foods I will post my favorites as I go along. So when you get your order let us know and you can join me and Tifftastic as newbies on a common path !

Zoesmom - you have such helpful posts! I read some of your recent blog posts and the one you wrote about being accountable only to yourself really made me stop and think about the things that I do and you are right. I am only accountable to me and it shouldn't so much matter about what other people think. I know that those that love me want me healthy and happy, but they don't make my choices for me and the only one it really matters to is me if I eat right and lose weight or not and if I don't then it is me and the promises I made to myself that I am letting down the most and that's what should be most important to me. So thanks for that insight!

Tomorrow is my start! I will be posting!
Old 07-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #283  

Aw shucks thank you. I'll admit, I was clueless there in the beginning. I remember reading about this or that and couldn't make heads or tails of the information out there. Even here, it seemed everyone had a different "perfect" recipe for weight loss. It drove me nuts! Because none of it was geared towards WS, much less WS with exercise! I am lucky that I have a doctor who is very involved and who knows the WS product well. He used to use Medifast years ago for his clients, but changed gears to the cheaper alternative. And his method for the packets isn't to help his patients lose weight, but to break food addictions. I guess that is what really has helped me more than anything else. I meet with him once every two weeks and he gives me "homework" to research and discuss on our next meet. It helps that he is that involved...I went from a dullard who thought if I just eat less or take this pill, I would lose the weight, to someone who knows every calorie, every carb, every fat, every little thing, counts. It's all in the math. This week's "homework" was to make a list of eat this and not that. And not use a book to do it. Pretty much, he's trying to wean me off of WS. But he wants me to make healthy choices. So...if a bag of chips is 180 calories, what can I have instead...that will both full and fill me? Because face it, chips won't do either. I like his method. I went from ignorant to educated...and I still have a long way to go. But it is empowering...I feel confident that once I hit goal, i will be there for life. I have the tools to do it. I have the knowledge (and am getting more on a regular basis). I have the drive. This is doable. And I strongly believe that if I can do it, anyone can. My daughter found me almost dead nearly a year ago. I was told I would be disabled. But I am still here. I run nearly daily for 3 miles. I increase my exercise about once a month. And I am not done yet. And I KNOW every one of you can do it too
Old 07-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #284  

Just want to share what 60 pounds can look like

Old 07-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #285  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

It's weigh-in day today. I removed 1.6 lbs for a total of 10 lbs now. Twenty lbs to goal!

Yesterday we went to visit friends who live at South Lake Tahoe, and went to eat lunch at an Indian restaurant. I did research before hand, and decided there really wasn't much that would be "safe" to eat Even the chicken dishes are in sauce of some sort. The tandoori chicken was not to my liking, so I just took some of whatever looked good to me, but not overdoing it. Of course, my favorite was in a sauce that includes cream in it.

For dinner, I ate an NLS/WS bar, the brownie with caramel ones, and called it a day.

Gamma, nice to "meet" another Kim!

Zoesmom, That's great! You look wonderful, and the pretty little lady with you as well. Beautiful smiles!

Edited to comment on ZMoms pic.

Last edited by ShootingStar; 07-14-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Closed Thread