Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #241  

Height: 5'6"

Cool

Thanks zoesmom. I will remember that. After all the crap I've been eating and drinking it will probably be rough but I'm looking for that break in my food addictions and habits too so I'm going to bear down. I will look to these posts to help me through though. Congrats on your NSV!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Alright...we've been quieter than normal the past few weeks...time to shake things up! Roll call and accountability time! How are you all doing?

Me...oh, just hanging around the wonderful 234's. Drats. But completely my fault. I "binged" these past few days. I allowed myself a long cheat weekend. The good news is, I didn't gain. The bad news is...I didn't lose. This is amplified by the fact I did not work out either...dang humidity. So...starting tomorrow, back on track 100%! I had my fun, I feel like crap, time to put my butt in gear. And I like that I feel like crap. Sometimes, I need little reminders like that to make me remember just why I am doing this to begin with. Junk in my body makes me feel gross. I need to remember that. Tomorrow is a new day. and I got this! How about you?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

Didn't lose this week. Stayed at the kids for the 4th and ate what they ate, which was normal portions of normal food, nothing crazy. I'm in this for 100 lbs. and I know there will be times when I won't do plan food for one reason and another. But here's the fact: when I follow the plan, I lose weight. When I don't, I don't lose. I don't gain, but I don't lose. And lose is what I want. So, today, back on plan, and I mean ON PLAN, no variations. I want to start another rally! I'm feeling good about my accomplishment and want to keep it up!!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #244  

I hear that Nimble. Let's RALLY RALLY!

Today, I improvised.
I had a McDonald's egg white delight without the Canadian bacon and a small sugar free fat free vanilla latte.

My snack was a strawberry smoothie

Lunch is going to be a dark chocolate shake

Dinner is going to be 7 ounces of lean pork loin, 1 cup of brocolli, and 5 asparagus spears.

I am going to walk 30 minutes (would run but pulled my hip flexor muscle last night) and about 15 minutes of ab work and then going to follow up with a EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shake.

That'll put my total caloires for the day at 1069 (with a net of 818 after exercise), my total carbs at 95, total fiber at 13, total protein at 126, and total fat at 25. Totally within all my parameters

For those who don't know...I am SLOWLY weaning myself off of WS products to real food (hence the egg white delight.) WS did its purpose for me...it helped me break my food addiction. Now, over the next several months, I am going to SLOWLY add in real food and omit WS items and take up strict calorie counting. This is per my wonderful and amazing doctor. No worries though! I plan to be here at least until the end of my supply of WS...which looks to be the end of the year By slowly, I really mean snail paced.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #245  

Sounds good zoesmom! Today for breakfast I had cinnamon crunch cereal in my 4 oz of nonfat yogurt and a choc. shake. For snack another shake. For lunch I will have my cheesy mac pasta and a pudding. For dinner I plan a lean hamburger patty on the George Forman and some kind of green veggie cooked in the steamer. A choc. chip cookie later for snack.

I will do some more packing tonight when I get home, that's what I do every day now. Getting the house decluttered and ready for showing.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #246  

Cool

Zoesmom, nimblegranny, you are giving me so much hope about sticking to this ws plan and to just keep going no matter what. I am waiting for my first 12 week order to arrive with still some trepidation but hope. My idea is to use ws until i get most of the weight off then stick to small portions and calorie counting but I have to break these habits first and i think to step away from them for awhile while using ws will be a great help plus it has the wt.loss built in which would be such a positive thing to hold onto instead of being so defeated by my overeating and hence weight gains. If i could just do eating less to lose wt. I would have conquered this wt years ago. Obviously that is not the case for me and i have admitted to myself that I have a problem and I need help but cannot afford the years of therapy it would take. So, I found this forum and a plan to do and I am diving in. I just hope I don't scrape the bottom of the pool and stay there! Good luck to you this week with your plans!!
Old 07-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #247  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

Hi all,
I removed more lbs this week, for a total of 8.2 since June 25.

Today I had Mocha pudding for breakie, then Berry Blast drink at work break, and a bar for lunch. Upon arriving home, I will have a Vegetarian Joe. For dinner it's green salad and Apricot Chicken with 2 chocolate marshmallow puddings for dessert/later.

Oh yes, and a ride on my exercise bike

I'm expecting a box tomorrow which will include some new goodies to try; Dill Pickle Krinkles and Lemon Bars.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #248  

TaeBean, you can do it! You will be so excited to see all the yummy stuff you get to eat. I have to say that I have tried anything "yucky" yet. I didn't
try the mocha pudding for a couple of days because I am not a coffee fan, but it is actually one of my favorites. You are fortunate to start off with 12 weeks supply, just think how you'll be in 3 months!

My advice is to stick to the plan exactly, especially the first few days. I personally have had a bite (yes, only a bite) of spicy noodles this past weekend, but kept calm and carried on with the plan. I cleared out the cupboards before I received my first order and that has helped a lot.

I too know that I cannot just "eat less and exercise more", I have tried it many many times. In two days I am back to eating a whole Costco sized bag of Stacy's pita chips. Hang in there with us!

Last edited by ShootingStar; 07-08-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #249  

Impressive shootingstar!!! Way to kick those pounds around!

TaeBean - I agree...stick to the plan 100%. I know I don't...but I also put in about 2 hours of intense activity a day and have doctor helping me along the way. There at first, I did though, until he started tweaking my plan up If you stick to the plan you WILL kick your food addiction and realize just how much you really are not hungry. I used to eyeball the clock for when it was time to eat my next packet until one day I realized I simply wasn't hungry yet was acting like I was! I was three weeks in at that point.
That was the day I KNEW I had to change. And change I did! I can go out to eat now and stay on plan. Even on days I "cheat" I still am within my caloric limits and never go over. I still lose. I have hit a small plateau, but I know mainly it is because I am doing more activity now, so I need to recalculate my BMR. But even with that...I am still losing an average of 2.22 pounds a week. I might not move for three weeks, but when I finally move again...it WOOSHES! You'll be fine...just stick with it!

Nimble - here you are getting rid of a house and I finally have enough for a down payment on one! Life in reverse, eh?
Old 07-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #250  

Cool

Awesome job on your weight loss shootingstar! and thank you so much for your advice. I'm glad to hear the food is good. I decided to get the 12 week package to give me even more incentive to keep at it since I spent so much on it and I felt like 3 months can be a big difference in not only my weight but my health and habits too. And yeah I hear you about the whole bag of chips if left to my own devices. My nemesis is doritos.
And thanks zoesmom. You are an inspiration to me to get off my butt as soon as my knee gets better. I believe what you say about WS even if you aren't on it all the time. That's what I aspire to anyway. So your advice in transitioning will be helpful too.

I really appreciate finding this forum. I am feeling like I can do this if I can come here and get some helpful advice from you all! I'm getting more excited now and I'm very interested to try all the foods. Once I get started I will definitely be checking in with you all and will give my updates. I dont feel so alone in this now. Thanks to all.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #251  

Bean, don't forget when you get your box you can send back and exchange what you don't love for something you do love. I started with the 4 week box but immediately sent back the fruit drinks and the soups to exchange for shakes and lunches I liked better.

Also, go back and read the first 9 Wonderslim threads. They are a huge motivation too! And zoesmom and irish are wonderful mentors and cheerleaders as they have paved the way with a long journey on WS.

I personally don't like to cook, so I often have a salad or chicken with broccoli for lunch, which I can pick up at lunch, and then have my packet for dinner. It works well for me. You will find what rhythm works for you. It all becomes second nature: shakes, bar, dessert, etc.

zoesmom, I've got my pod halfway filled and am packing up to declutter the house now. It keeps me busy every night and I spent all of the holiday weekend working on it. I have a little light repair work and painting to get done, and I'm ready to go on the market. You must be very excited about your down payment!

Last edited by Nimblegranny; 07-09-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #252  

Checking in...

Today's menu looks like this:
B - Strawberry shake and coffee w/ 1 tbsp mint creamer
L - V8 drink w/ choc chip cookie
S - Vanilla shake w/ blueberry Mio
D - Garlic sauteed chicken with stewed tomatoes and okra
Post Workout: EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shake
Exercise - 30 minutes walking (still nurning my pulled hip flexor)

Calories - 1043 (868 net after exercise)
Carbs - 69
Fiber - 11
Protein - 128
Fat - 20

All within range yet again

Nimble - you are too sweet. We are just like you...were given one too many boots to th bum and decided enough was enough and time to take action. The past week has been tough for me. I had an ARDS flair up and my O2 sats have been tanking. I managed to keep it above 90 yesterday and I have so far escaped the dreaded predisone. I got in the low 70's over the weekend...dang humidity. It has put a damper on my workout routine. And of course, I pulled my hip flexor which further dampened my workout routine. All will be right in the world soon. But yes, I AM excited about having enough for a down payment...just have to wait until closer to when our lease expires now...

TaeBean - I TOTALLY took advantage of the 12 week deal a while back. And netted me nearly a year worth of WS for only $1400. Needless to say, my poor itty bitty apartment. But...you should have your stuff soon...can barely wait to hear of your progress.

Everyone else has been quiet...no news is good news???
Old 07-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #253  

Talking

I wonder if people are backing off for the summer, that's why there's not so many posters? I love the fact that you can enjoy BBQ and whatever comes your way, it just takes a little planning and maybe a bit of sneakiness. As long as you're eating something, most folks won't notice. Luckily I've moved away from my family's food parties back in Utah. Here is it just me and Sweetie, and our dinners are pretty easy. He is avoiding the yummy carbs as well, so there are no chips, candy, or ice cream in the house.

I hope the UPS guy leaves my package at the leasing office, or I will have to wait another day He stops at our apartment building about a half hour before I get home, and a lot of times there is just that darn note on my door. I want some pickle crinkles! And some more of those wonderful caramel brownie bars

Tonight is extra lean hamburger with Tony Chachere's spices, and green salad. Butterscotch pudding for dessert.

Floor stretches and perhaps a bit of walking in front of the apartment.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #254  

Heck yeah to BBQ! Lean pork or chicken with WF BBQ sauce or a homemade version (I have a fairly healthy one that is tasty enough.) Still on plan And rutabaga or kale makes an AWESOME chip substitute on the days you crave crunch I spend about an hour a day planning my meals of what I can and can't have. I can have junk....but I often times decide against it. Especially when I realize that 1 serving of chips (note SERVING and not bag) equates to 4 cups of broccoli and wipes out my allowed carbs for the day. Makes for a miserable day food wise. So...I eat wisely now...and those chips can stay on the shelf at the store!

Here's an example of what my doctor is currently teaching me in regards to choosing wise:

Instead of grabbing a measly Nabisco 100 calorie, for the same nutritional values, I can get a lot more is I grab one of the below:
*3 cups of plain popcorn
*2 cups of watermelon
*1 cup blueberries with 2 tablespoon low fat whipped topping

Instead of grabbing a measly 1/2 cup of Ben's and Jerry's ice cream, I can get more bang for my 200 calories (and feel full longer) if I grab one of the below:
*1 1 Ghirardelli Squares chocolate, 1/2 ounce herbed goat cheese , 7 Kashi TLC Honey Sesame Crackers, and 1/2 cup sugar snap peas with 3/4 tablespoon ginger-and-miso dressing
*Small (5-ounce) fresh fruit cup, 1 1/2 tablespoons Back to Nature Nantucket Blend Trail Mix, and 1 cup bell pepper strips with 2 tablespoons fat-free ranch dressing
*9 Garden of Eatin' Baked Blue Corn Chips with 1/2 cup salsa and 4 Whole Foods Market 365 Everyday Value Organic Chocolate Chip Cookies

Granted...I am NOT there yet. But it is the foundations of which he is preparing me for so I can wean off WS in the future and be able to maintain. I really love my doctor

Last edited by zoesmom; 07-09-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #255  

Cool

Nimblegranny, thanks for letting me know about returns. I got at least one box of alot of different things so I can figure out what i like best. I will definitely check out old posts. They will probably be great to read for motivation when I feel like I need it. Good luck with your moving!

ShootingStar- it's great your sweetie likes to eat better with you. My husband doesn't want to eat like I do so it is going to be a challenge for me when he is home. He does leave home since he drives truck so I am going to start WS the day he leaves after I receive my order because I want to find my own way with this like nimble mentioned so that maybe I don't have as hard a time when he is home. We don't have many family gatherings or parties to go to so that helps me too.

Zoesmom I will definitely post my start day and my current stats and what I eat to start out. My knee feels better today than it has in weeks, so I'm hopeful to start some real exercising too. I know exercising will help me alot too because mentally it helps me feel better. But my main problem is my eating habits. I'm getting more and more excited the more I get encouraging posts from you all!
Closed Thread