Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Thanks punmama I am not sure if you know the story or not (I've rehashed it so many times I have lost track) but I came close to dying last August.

My daughter had given me strep B, which had turned into streptococcus pneumoniae in me...which can be deadly. On top of that, I had uncontrolled asthma and had went into asthma exhersion. I won't go into the whole story, but I had ultimately passed out and went into a brief semi coma and my daughter, who was three at the time, had spent who knows how long trying to wake me up. By the time I came to, her little body had managed to pull my 293 pound frame out of the bed and was hitting and screaming at me to wake up. It was obvious she was scared and had been trying for a while. Long story short, I had carbon dioxide posioning due to the other things, as well as had contracted a viral infection, and later at the hospital, a fungal infection. I was in ICU for 3-4 days and in the hospital for almost two weeks. My artery O2 saturation level was at 42 and I was told on more than one occassion that I should have been flat lining or in a complete coma. I ended up on an artifical lung during my stay in the hospital as I had no air flow in my lobes for several days. I was on an O2 tank from the time of my release from the hospital until November. I was told I would always be on it, that my lung would never heal completely (and to this day I still have a LOT of problems.) But the kicker was when they told me to file disability at the age of 29. I could not, I would not. And I CAN NOT EVER let my kid find me like that again. She saved my life once already. What if next time we aren't so lucky? So, I have to make damned sure next time doesn't happen.

I always say that if I can do it, anyone can do it. I mean that. I really couldn't move withou passing out. I now run. In less than a year. I have faith in everyone, because I have faith in myself. Now...go get them!!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #212  

Hate to hear about your experience having to go through that, but Love to hear that you pulled through fine and don't let anything get you down! Being on disability could ruin your life and sets you in a category of being somewhat unmarketable to where they don't want you making any money or doing ANYTHING for yourself anymore. The crazy thing is they act like they are going to give you enough compensation to sustain a regular life when it barely is enough even if you are fully backed by someone supporting you. Disability is a pure joke in my opinion, and I commend you for not accepting it.

If you NEED disability, that's one thing, but accepting it when you can keep fighting is a whole different ball game and I have mad respect for you for doing so.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #213  

Thanks FFF

It helps that I work in a non-profit that specializes in people with various mental and physical disabilities. I see it daily. I don't fit in that category. And I refuse to believe I ever will. I don't need the help that I see these people do. Around this time last year I can understand why everyone thought I did...but I KNEW if I just applied myself...and here I stand today!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 165/151/110

Zoesmom- you really are a prime example of a person who is bound and determined to make your life the best you can for you and your family. Not everyone would have done with you have done. Most people would just quit and accept the fact that they were classified by someone or something else as disabled and go through life with a label and nothing more. I was really staggering on this diet but after I read your story I know that I will not quit and will keep going on. I slid a few times but I keep getting back up.

My prayers are with you and your family.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #215  

Quote:
Originally Posted by punmama View Post
Zoesmom- you really are a prime example of a person who is bound and determined to make your life the best you can for you and your family. Not everyone would have done with you have done. Most people would just quit and accept the fact that they were classified by someone or something else as disabled and go through life with a label and nothing more. I was really staggering on this diet but after I read your story I know that I will not quit and will keep going on. I slid a few times but I keep getting back up.

My prayers are with you and your family.
And THAT is the main reason I share my story over and over again. If I can help just ONE person stay on track, then I will share it until I am blue in the face.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 497/349/250

Thanks Zoemom for the welcome back. It has been about 4 years since I was last on the WS threads. I hadn't even been trying to lose weight for about 2 years. Than switched to another site about 2 years ago but the support is just not there for me. I read your blog and wow what a remarkable recovery you have made. I hope to be able to be walking again without the use of the canes and walker and the electric mobility device for shopping. I wanted to start a blog here but it will not let me at this time. I do have another blog somewhere else but I do not know if they let you name other sites. Is that against the rules here? I am still waiting for my first order to arrive, it was sent out on Tuesday. Hope to become friends with you all here and share our victories and struggles together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
HELLO EVERYBODY!
ssflbelle ...hi and welcome back! Love to see how to do on this! I know it has been a life savior for me! LITEREALLY!!!

Last edited by ssflbelle; 06-27-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #217  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssflbelle View Post
Thanks Zoemom for the welcome back. It has been about 4 years since I was last on the WS threads. I hadn't even been trying to lose weight for about 2 years. Than switched to another site about 2 years ago but the support is just not there for me. I read your blog and wow what a remarkable recovery you have made. I hope to be able to be walking again without the use of the canes and walker and the electric mobility device for shopping. I wanted to start a blog here but it will not let me at this time. I do have another blog somewhere else but I do not know if they let you name other sites. Is that against the rules here? I am still waiting for my first order to arrive, it was sent out on Tuesday. Hope to become friends with you all here and share our victories and struggles together.
Thank you, thank you

I KNOW, if you stay the course and stay commited, you will be able to walk freely again. I know just how hard it is to believe that. I was tethered to a 40 foot leash that attached to an O2 tank in my bedroom. I never thought I would be away from that thing!

The best advice I got was from the least likely person, my daughter. She saw me having problems moving from the couch to the chair, a mere 5 foot walk. The kid was three at the time (4 now.) She came over to me, gave me her hand and said, "Mommy, I know it is hard to learn to walk. Just take baby steps like I did when I learned." I know she misunderstood what my real issue was, but in the same token, she was right. Baby steps. That was the answer. I spent the next sereval months forcing myself to go one extra step. The first day, I made 5. The next, 6. It was gradual and it was slow. I was SO out of breath...my lungs hurt...I wanted to give up. But every time I tried to just throw my arms up, there was that little hand holding mine. The stair where the worst part. I could only do one at a time...and I had a whole flight in my way just to get outside. It took me three months just to be able to go up them without having my O2 levels drop dangerously low.

I know you can do it. I know because I was there. And I am not done yet!

As far as web sites, most are okay, as long as they follow the forum rules. You can review them HERE. Worst of worst, a mod removes it.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #218  

OH! OH! OHOHOHOH!!!!

Say good-bye to my little plateau!!!!! Finally dropped by 0.8! HELLO 236.1!!! How beautiful you are!

Maybe tomorrow I can touch the 235's....oh to dream big
Old 06-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #219  

Today's Quote of the Day:

"When you feel like quiting, remind yourself why you started." - Anonymous
Old 06-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 165/151/110

zoesmom- I am very happy for you in breaking your plateau. There is another saying that I am sure you know. "Inch by inch. Everything is a cinch." Your daughter is right just take baby steps. This applies to everyone here. Baby steps will lead to your goals no matter what they are.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #221  

And today...today I weighed in at 234.2. Oh yeah! GOOD BY plateau! Thanks for the visit..GLAD it was brief!
Old 06-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 497/349/250

HURRAY for breaking that plateu
I got my order yesterday and I am ready to start on Monday. I couldn't afford to get the 2 week plan nor did I want to eat only the food they selected so I just bought a few packages of shakes, puddings, cookies and pretzels. Since it is not enough for breakfast and lunches plus snacks I am thinking of eating breakfast and having the shakes, pudding or bars as a lunch along with the other foods allowed at lunch. Has anyone only replaced one meal a day and snacks with WS and lost weight? How much did you lose? I got my WS at DietDirect is there a cheaper place to get this plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
And today...today I weighed in at 234.2. Oh yeah! GOOD BY plateau! Thanks for the visit..GLAD it was brief!

Last edited by ssflbelle; 06-29-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #223  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssflbelle View Post
HURRAY for breaking that plateu
I got my order yesterday and I am ready to start on Monday. I couldn't afford to get the 2 week plan nor did I want to eat only the food they selected so I just bought a few packages of shakes, puddings, cookies and pretzels. Since it is not enough for breakfast and lunches plus snacks I am thinking of eating breakfast and having the shakes, pudding or bars as a lunch along with the other foods allowed at lunch. Has anyone only replaced one meal a day and snacks with WS and lost weight? How much did you lose? I got my WS at DietDirect is there a cheaper place to get this plan?

Yepper I do it all the time. My typical EXERCISE FREE days look like this:

Breakfast: shake
Lunch: Snack bar plus 2 cups veggies (such as broccoli or asparagus or cucumber...basically, greens)
Snack: shake
Dinner: 6-8 ounce lean meat plus 2 cups veggies (as per above)
Dessert: shake

On my exercise days...LOTS more food, as I easily burn 300-500 calories on those days and HAVE to replenish

You should check out the Ideal Protein alternative forums. Lots of folks there use WS as alternative to that protocol. My plan is based loosely off IP...except my doctor kinda made it up, so not really
Old 06-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #224  

Found this recipe....pretty freaking tasty, makes A LOT so perfect for the days you are hungry, and I officially think it is AWESOME!

BANANA MUFFINS

Ingredients:
2 beaten egg whites
1 Package Banana Pudding
1 cup or more shredded zucchini
1 tsp baking powder
1 small package Truvia, Splenda or other sweetener (about 1 tsp)
1 tsp or more cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 - 1 tsp nutmeg
Optional: 1 tsp Rum extract and/or vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven 350 F)
1. Grate zucchini (I use 1/2 a large zucchini for about 1-1.5 cups). Use a paper towel to soak up the moisture/water from the zucchini.
2. Dust the shredded zucchini with the various spices (cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg) and let sit for about 2 minutes.
3. While waiting, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until they hold a shape.
4. Add in Banana pudding, baking powder, and sweetener. Blend.
5. Add in zucchini and rum/vanilla extract if using and blend.
6. Spray a muffin tin with Pam or other non-stick spray.
7. Pour batter into muffin tins. I made 6 reg size filling each 1/2 way up.
8. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until top turns dark, but not burned. (Watch carefully).

NOTE: This "bread" will puff up gorgeously when baking, but will often deflate after taking from the oven. You can try cooking a bit longer or just enjoy the funny looking, but tasty treats as they fall.

This recipe will also work with Chocolate & Lemon Pudding.

Calories: 166
Carbs: 16g
Fiber: 3g
Protein: 24g
Fat: 3g
Sodium: 296g

Last edited by zoesmom; 06-30-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #225  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

First week's weigh in: -4.8 ugly pounds!

Last edited by ShootingStar; 07-02-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Closed Thread