Wonderslim 10

You're on Page 14 of 29
Go to
  • zoesmom I've missed you! It seems we both have been very busy.

nimblegranny Hope everything went well getting the house ready for the realtor. Congratulations on the 2 lb loss!!!

punmama Hope your visit with your sister went well.

Brutal Babe Each of us have our favorite WS product (mine is the mocha shake/pudding). If you read through this thread and the previous one, you will find where we have posted our thoughts on the products. Sorry I can not provide the link at the moment. Hope you will join us, I look forward to reading about your progress.
  • Down another pound, making 20 lbs lost! Huge milestone for me. Man, it took forever to get that last five off, but 20 lbs. in 7 week averages almost 3 lbs. a week, so I can't feel bad about that. PLUS I'm losing again. YAY!

Today I'm wearing a top I haven't worn since last summer and same for the pants with an actual button and zipper to close. I went to Bonefish with normal people and ate like a normal person yesterday. No cocktail, a few Bang Bang shrimp, half of the pork chop with steamed green bean, several bites of brownie shared by 4. Had a great time, am back on plan this morning, and still down 1 this morning.

Sometimes eating sugar or restaurant food can send me down a slippery slope, I know this about myself. But today I am feeling very happy to be back on plan and very happy with my plan. It feels like something I can continue to do long-term, and I plan to. Today, it feels amazing to be wearing my heels and real pants.

Also, had my blood drawn this morning so will find out next week how my sugar and cholesterol are looking after 7 low-carb weeks. It's a short period, in the big picture of my diabetes, but I'm hoping for some motivating and validating news there too.
  • YEA is right that is a good weight loss. I sent you a message from another site before I realized you were on this site as well. I use to post here all the time but haven't done so in a long time. Now that I have ordered WS again I will be posting more. In the past I had more support from this site than I did the other one we are both on. Keep going strong - Your doing great.

Quote: Down another pound, making 20 lbs lost! Huge milestone for me. Man, it took forever to get that last five off, but 20 lbs. in 7 week averages almost 3 lbs. a week, so I can't feel bad about that. PLUS I'm losing again. YAY!
  • HELLO EVERYBODY!

Brutal Babe, here's my review from way back when. I've tried a few other items since then, but just a brief run down of my likes and dislikes

irish - I miss you too! Been insanely busy. I LOVE summer...it just takes SO much time from me! Plus, I have hit plateau #2..woohoo!!

Nimble - I am so freaking happy for you! Keep at it! you will get there!

ssflbelle ...hi and welcome back! Love to see how to do on this! I know it has been a life savior for me! LITEREALLY!!!

Okay, so I have hit a hardcore plateau...again! Seems my plateaus like me every 30 pounds lost. Joy of joys! But...despite the stall out, I HAVE lost 5 inches in the past two weeks, so I will take it! This past weekend, I went to a party...okay, yeah, I got wasted. But despite all, no gain...thankfully!
    the party was that of one of my hubby's friends. I KNEW NO ONE! Aside from maybe 3 people. One of which was the friend's 21 year old son. I ended up chatting him for an hour before he goes, "OH MY GOD! YOU ARE JEN! I didn't recognize you! HOLY CRAP YOU LOOK AMAZING! YOU ARE HOT!" So...kinda creepy that my hubby's friend's 21 year old son finds me hot, but at the same time, hot dang that was the ego boost I needed! Been a long time since a "youngen" find me anything but fat and ugly. Not that I am all that old, but none the less!

Happy Monday...hope you all have a slam bam week!!!
  • I am glad to hear that everyone is ok and having success with the program. I have hit a plateau also but am losing the inches which makes me feel better about not losing the weight.
    I ordered the 12 week program for my aunt. She is really excited to start. She gets her package tomorrow.

The summer for me is the same as all year round. Work, come home, work come home. etc until the weekend. I plan on staying outdoors as much as possible on weekends away from food.

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday.
  • zoesmom
    Quote:
    Plus, I have hit plateau #2..woohoo!!
    Welcome to my world!!!!

Quote:
    "OH MY GOD! YOU ARE JEN! I didn't recognize you! HOLY CRAP YOU LOOK AMAZING! YOU ARE HOT!" So...kinda creepy that my hubby's friend's 21 year old son finds me hot, but at the same time, hot dang that was the ego boost I needed! Been a long time since a "youngen" find me anything but fat and ugly. Not that I am all that old, but none the less!

Congratulations on the 5 inches. You are doing great.

For all who think they have hit a plateau, just keep doing what you are suppose to do. Remember, I have not lost anything since April, but I am not giving up!
  • Glad to hear that Irish51. Neither am I. This program is too easy to give up and our plateaues are bound to hit their plateaus as well :-)
  • Aw Shucks irish
    I've found that when my weight loss slows, I drop mad inches. It is like my body can only do one or the other! No worries though! I am 235+ pounds and fitting in a LARGE!!!! I am smaller than my 200 pound mother who is the same height as me! I know part of it is I exercise like no tomorrow, so I am toning as I go...but part of it is the weight loss doing its thing. I have a feeling I am fixing to see a whoosh though and that this plateau is going to be much shorter lived than my previous one...I haven't had a "pee fest" since the first couple weeks of starting the progam and today the bathroom and I have been becoming real good friends today! So...maybe by my next weigh in I will see a change. SO want to hit 225 before vacation in August....

And I agree pumama!!!
  • MOCK DANISH
    I am a sucker for Danish. The melt in your mouth, not too sweet, fluffy yumminess. (insert Homer Simpson drool here) So...when I stumbled across this last night, it was like the Herald Angels called out my name in harmony. Of course, I had to wiggle my dinner around a wee bit so I wasn't over on anything

1/2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
    2 ounces low-fat cream cheese (1/3 less fat )
    1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 pinch cinnamon
    3 sprays of i can't believe its not butter-flavored cooking spray

Put 2 oz. Cream Cheese in coffee mug and heat in microwave for 40 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Add remaining ingredients into the same mug except for Butter Spray and Cinnamon. Microwave for 50 seconds. Remove from microwave top with pinch of cinnamon and 3 sprays of Butter Spray. Enjoy! (I actually ommited the butter spray, but that is because I don't like butter. )

Calories: 158
    Fat: 12.9g
    Carbs: 3.3g
    Fiber: 0
    Protein: 5.2g
    Sodium: 189.8mg
  • A little over a year ago, I couldn't walk more than two feet without passing out due to severe lung issues brought on by a cocktail of wonderful diseases and an eventual diagnosis of ARDS complicated with severe asthma. I was on an O2 tank (which is collecting dust in the corner now...AHAHAHAHAHAH!!) and was told to file for disability at the ripe "old" age of 29. I was told, in not so many words, that I would not really have any quality of life. And don't even get me started on those DAMNED stairs leading up to my apartment!!!!

And today, I went a grand total of 3 miles in 30 minutes. I ran 20 minutes of it. AND I RAN UP MY STAIRS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, WITHOUT A RACING HEART!!!

I still have asthma attacks. I still have emergency trips to the ER. I still have to check my O2 levels multiple times a day. But I am healthier, stronger, and more powerful today than I was last year...and far exceeding that of what doctors thought I would be able to do.

When someone tells you that you can't, do it anyways. When someone tells you it is hopeless, keep hoping. When someone tells you it is over, prove them wrong.

I did these things. And I am not yet done. I. Am. Awesome.

And so are you
  • Hey zoes mom thank you so much for the review! Im glad i have this review you posted so i can base my order on what to get and not what to get. Thank you~! I really didn't want to order something and hate it! Alot of people have said the strawberry pudding and yogurt are yummy! My partner is being a little bit suspicious about this diet. So ive been really hesitate to order. But alot of people say this diet is great because it teaches you alot about portion control and i think i really need that!
  • It absolutely teaches you portion control. It also helps you kick food addiction problems if you have them, get over your "sweet" cravings, and actually pumps your energy levels up. Plus, out of all the protein shakes out there....it houses some of the best flavors (I know, I've tried many!!!)

It is super easy to stick with and if not for WS, I don't know where I would be!
  • Quote:
    When someone tells you that you can't, do it anyways. When someone tells you it is hopeless, keep hoping. When someone tells you it is over, prove them wrong.

I did these things. And I am not yet done. I. Am. Awesome.
    zoesmom I am so very proud of you!

I actually ran on the treadmill tonight! It felt good.

I was reading the above that you wrote and I had to laugh.

Long story, but I had to go buy a new microwave today. The box was high up on a shelf, so I got the guy (about my age), he got the ladder , said the box was too heavy, went and got another guy. Together they brought the box down and set it on my cart. (Notice I said ON not IN). So of course, I can not see over it to take the cart up to the cashier (shakes head). As I am trying to maneuver the cart, these 2 men are standing watching...not helping, watching. The first guy tells me, to be sure when I see the cashier, to tell her to get someone to load the box into my car. I laugh and say I can do it myself." No", he tells me," it is really heavy, I had to get the other guy just to bring it down, you can not lift it" (well, I was standing there, so I already knew all this!). I told him, that I would manage, after all, there was no one at home to help me get it in the house. So, he starts lecturing me on how I need to call someone to help me, because I won't be able to lift it up on the counter. I tell him thanks, but I will figure it out.

Of course, being as stubborn as I am, I dislike when someone says I can not do something. I have been this way all my life..it's like a challenge.
    Naturally, I drove home, went in the house, disconnected the old microwave,carried it out to the garage removed the new one from the car carried it into the kitchen, opened the box, and manged to lift it up on the counter. (the old and new one are both the large 2.0 size )

Silly man, telling me I could not do it!
  • irish - oh yes...you are so my hero.
  • Zoesmom-Your story makes me realize that anything can be accomplished when you have the will to do it. I have stopped exercising because of my laziness. You have continued to go on and have accomplished a great feat because of your determination and lack of laziness. Thank you for sharing your goals with us.

Irish- I am like you. When someone tells me I can not do something I have to do it to prove them wrong. Sounds like these two men need to either get their eyes checked or start going to the gym. Glad that you were able to prove them wrong even though they were not with you to see what you did. Congratulations to you for your accomplishment with the microwaves.