Wonderslim 10

You're on Page 10 of 29
Go to
  • Quote: Try some Syntrax Nectar. 100 calories, I THINK 23g protein, all your amino acids, and NOTHING else. TONS of flavors. And pretty freaking yummy. Great for after a work out or to up your calorie/protein needs if you are exceptionally active.
    zmom - where do you find this Syntrax Nectar?
  • Quote: zmom - where do you find this Syntrax Nectar?
    Diet Direct, actually I THINK it is $35.99 a container, but it comes with a TON (or you can get the packets.) It says a serving size is 1/4 a scoop or packet, but really, it is a full scoop or packet (the 1/4 scoop is for post op patients.) You can get a variety sample pack, SOMEWHERE, I just don't remember where I got mine. All of the flavors I have tried I liked...except the apple
  • Zmom - Do you mix this with just water or something else? I see they have it at Amazon as well.
  • I use water for most of it. The chocolate ones (and vanilla) taste best with milk, so I tend not to use those as milk is a no-no for me. And the cappuccino is AWESOME in coffee! The fruity ones are great in water...kinda like a fruit drink on a nice summer day
  • zoesmom 850 total calories. Sorry, I forgot to specify. I will look into the syntrax nectar.

Down to 142.2 chasing this baby is taking a lot out of me!
  • My Bariatric Pantry has the sample pack for $18.99 plus ship. This works best for me as I like a variety and don't want two pounds of any one thing. Thanks for the tip zoesmom!
  • Also I broke down and got some Propel for my water after a colleague shared one with me. Muy bueno!
  • Forgot to explain this is because baby shared his cold with me. I have lots to do, don't have time to be sick.

Just ordered the Syntax Nectar .zoesmom thanks
  • Morning!

Holding steady at 142.2, was hoping for a 1 lb drop, but didn't get it.

House is very quiet, my son picked up the boys yesterday. Looks like the rain may have moved east, so I can get out and get some things done.

WS pancakes for breakfast. YUM
  • We are getting the rain here today but at least it isn't windy outside. A good day to stay home and read a good book.

Do you do anything to doctor up the WS pancakes? I add some nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla extract to mine.

Tomorrow is a challenge day for me. Going to my cousin's in New Jersey. His wife doesn't cook and will have things catered. I might just have a little bit of everything.
  • punmama yes, I add the same things to my pancakes. Sometimes I switch it up and add pumpkin pie spice !

As far as tomorrow, if you can, try eating some of your WS foods before you go. That way you will not be as tempted to indulge in some things, you maybe shouldn't.
  • Thanks Irish. I was going to have my bar in the car about half way to my cousin's house this way I know I won't be very hungry. They want us there at 6 PM which means that my lean/green won't be until after 7 PM. I am also taking a Hot Cocoa for my dessert. I have the meals with me so that I can have them while I am at my sister's tomorrow. One thing about my sister, she is very supportive of me. Having a supportive bunch is half the battle.

To all, have a great weekend. The weather here in NY is supposed to be very nice on Sunday, a great day to do something outdoors.
  • Talking breakfast made me realize I never shared this. NOT my recipe. Very good though

WAFFLES

Ingredients:
    1 Pudding Packet (I used banana and it was perfect.)
    2 beaten egg whites
    1-2 oz of water
    1 tsp of vanilla extract
    Pinch of baking powder (1/8 tsp)
    Pinch of nutmeg (optional-or other spices)
    Pinch of sea salt
    1 Splenda, Truvia or other sweetener packet (optional)

Directions:
    1. Pre-heat waffle iron. MAKE sure to spray pam or something on there so it does not stick!
    2. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt.
    3. Except for the water, mix all other ingredients.
    4. Add water a little at a time. The batter should not be runny at all...fairly thick.
    UPDATE: I have found adding too much water may make the waffles too thin and be "just crust with air in the middle". So use just 1oz the first time you make this, then you can add a little more later if desired.
    5. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter to each side of the waffle iron. This will puff up a lot, so be sure you don't have too much on or it will run off the sides. (If it does, just scoop out for another batch)
    6. Cook for 3-5 min (depending on your iron.) Should make 3-4 normal size waffles, depending on how much water you added. Serve either plain with a spray of "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" or with Walden Farms or other sugar-free/ low-no carb syrup. (I ate mine plain.)

Reminder. If waffle is “just crust and air” its not the way it should be.
    1) Use the amount of water specified (1-2 oz) Make sure waffle iron is not too high 3) Use a smaller scoop then you think you need when adding the batter. It WILL puff up and spill over if you put too much on. 4) Let the batter set for about 5 min to allow time for the baking powder/soda to react Then you should be successful every time.

Nutritional values based off PUDDING pack. Will slightly be altered depending on packets used, but not alter in any significant way.

Calories: 112
    Carbs: 5g
    Fiber: 0g
    Protein: 20g
    Fat: 2g
    Sodium: 790mg
  • Received the Syntax Nectar on Friday.

I drank a glass while vacuuming the pool,pretty good!
  • Quote: Received the Syntax Nectar on Friday.

I drank a glass while vacuuming the pool,pretty good!
    Isn't it! What flavor did you try?