Talking breakfast made me realize I never shared this. NOT my recipe. Very good though
1 Pudding Packet (I used banana and it was perfect.)
2 beaten egg whites
1-2 oz of water
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Pinch of baking powder (1/8 tsp)
Pinch of nutmeg (optional-or other spices)
Pinch of sea salt
1 Splenda, Truvia or other sweetener packet (optional)
1. Pre-heat waffle iron. MAKE sure to spray pam or something on there so it does not stick!
2. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt.
3. Except for the water, mix all other ingredients.
4. Add water a little at a time. The batter should not be runny at all...fairly thick.
UPDATE: I have found adding too much water may make the waffles too thin and be "just crust with air in the middle". So use just 1oz the first time you make this, then you can add a little more later if desired.
5. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter to each side of the waffle iron. This will puff up a lot, so be sure you don't have too much on or it will run off the sides. (If it does, just scoop out for another batch)
6. Cook for 3-5 min (depending on your iron.) Should make 3-4 normal size waffles, depending on how much water you added. Serve either plain with a spray of "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" or with Walden Farms or other sugar-free/ low-no carb syrup. (I ate mine plain.)
Reminder. If waffle is “just crust and air” its not the way it should be.
1) Use the amount of water specified (1-2 oz) Make sure waffle iron is not too high 3) Use a smaller scoop then you think you need when adding the batter. It WILL puff up and spill over if you put too much on. 4) Let the batter set for about 5 min to allow time for the baking powder/soda to react Then you should be successful every time.
Nutritional values based off PUDDING pack. Will slightly be altered depending on packets used, but not alter in any significant way.