Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #1  
AmandaLynn

S/C/G: 164 / SIG / 122

Height: 5'3"

Default Body By Vi

I hope this is technically the right place to put this post. I signed up with them (and I know the program doesn't have the best reviews from people around the net) but I do want to see if the more controlled intake of calories will help me. I truly hope that it will help me understand portion control & calorie intake a little better. Anyone have any input on this? Any advice? Thank you.

SW: 162lbs
GW: 125lbs
ghostly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #2  
L J

S/C/G: 159/138/135 (HW 200)

Height: 5'4"

I have a cousin that sells it. My entire extended family has been on it at one point or another. My uncle has had the best results. He is 65 and lost 50lbs in 8 months. He used the Body by Vi as he was supposed to, but he did everything else right, too, such as exercising and eating healthy the rest of the time, getting plenty of sleep, etc. Everyone in my family swears it tastes awesome and my cousin posts tempting pics and recipes of the shakes on FB. I haven't tried it because I am insanely allergic to artificial sweetener, which it does contain though they try to hide it using alternative names.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #3  
AmandaLynn

Well I'm glad to hear your family seems to be benefitting form it somehow, I know it tastes good cuz I've tried it, can't wait to try adding fruit/etc to it!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'5

I've tried it before-there are TONS of recipes to make the shakes! those are really good too, but it's more well rounded if you eat the ones with fruit in them also. My favorite shake is the chocolate covered strawberry-2 scoops of shake mix, 1 cup of milk, 1 cup frozen strawberries, and 1 TBSP cocoa. IF you like thick shakes, adding a little sf pudding mix really thickens em up. There are tons of ways to do it-I'm sure you'll be successful! Good luck!!
summerkate83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #5  
AmandaLynn

Thank you, Summerkate! Have the shakes helped you to lose weight??
Old 03-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'5

I didn't really follow the program-for awhile I was probably having about 1 shake per day, but I did it while counting calories. I definitely had more than the 2 shakes and one meal per day. I know someone who did the two shakes and one meal a day for awhile-she lost a bunch of weight, but then she got burnt out on it and gained some back. I think it definitely works-just don't be afraid to eat a healthy snack if you're really hungry between meals.
summerkate83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #7  
AmandaLynn

Thanks for your input!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 215

Height: 5'6

I started body by vi shakes 2 weeks ago. I started at 215 pounds and now aim down to 204.8. I think some individuals just have to realize that if u belong into the group that gains weight faster than others. And you might fall into the non-active category, a diet is not a simple solution to your weight problem. It has to be a life style change.... Just as Atkins, weight watchers, etc... They are all life style changes. All programs require you to continue to lose/ maintain your weight and not to quit the "diet" after you reach your goal weight. Personally I think body by vi is awesome. I don't understand how people can get burnt out on it.... There are literary hundreds of recipes out there to try a new shake for every day out the year. The shakes keep me full for hours, which I did not experience with Atkins shakes, slim fast shakes, wal mart brand shakes, or there was another one which slipped my mind, which came on tv commercial.
Madebyvi is offline   Reply With Quote