Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #271  

Hello everyone,

I went to the weigh in & support class this evening. I'm down another 4 lbs!
Just shy of the 30 lb mark Crazy! I don't feel that much lighter!

We are 1/2 way through the program after the end of this week~ scary Some of us are nervous about approaching transition. We did talk about doing things differently while making dinner for our family. Like instead of making fried chicken do baked. Changing ingred. to healthier versions and adding more veggies to the plate. Stuff we already know & should do but don't! Just start getting in to the habit of finding healthier ingred. & better was to prepare food. I mean if you think about it, we could be setting up our family members to be future Optifast clients if we continue the same old behavior(s)!

That was just one of the big ticket items discussed, the other was the feelings behind it. That varies from person to person! Some are very attached to food, comparing it to their BEST FRIEND and others have portion control and poor choice issues... uhhhum ME! hahahaha It was a good group topic and we all got a little something to think about!

That's that! Hope you are all reflecting and have a good support system because this is hard work!! Hugs to all~ Devlin
DevlinGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #272  

Quote:
Originally Posted by christygb View Post
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all your kind words! I'm in maintenance and it is a challenge for me. Some of my old cravings are back, but I'm taking a longer terms view of this process. No longer am I looking to drop the weight, so now I am trying to wrap my head around creating a lifestyle that will support my new healthy weight. I'm still so happy that I went through with Optifast, and I look forward to entering a maintenance class soon for additional support in this process. I hope all of you are feeling great and feeling proud of your accomplishments. You can do it!!!!

Christy
optifastadventurer.blogspot.com
Hi Christy, Welcome! Keep up the great work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevlinGeorgia View Post
Hello everyone,

I went to the weigh in & support class this evening. I'm down another 4 lbs!
Just shy of the 30 lb mark Crazy! I don't feel that much lighter!

We are 1/2 way through the program after the end of this week~ scary Some of us are nervous about approaching transition. We did talk about doing things differently while making dinner for our family. Like instead of making fried chicken do baked. Changing ingred. to healthier versions and adding more veggies to the plate. Stuff we already know & should do but don't! Just start getting in to the habit of finding healthier ingred. & better was to prepare food. I mean if you think about it, we could be setting up our family members to be future Optifast clients if we continue the same old behavior(s)!

That was just one of the big ticket items discussed, the other was the feelings behind it. That varies from person to person! Some are very attached to food, comparing it to their BEST FRIEND and others have portion control and poor choice issues... uhhhum ME! hahahaha It was a good group topic and we all got a little something to think about!

That's that! Hope you are all reflecting and have a good support system because this is hard work!! Hugs to all~ Devlin
I'm glad you are doing so well. 1/2 way there is awesome.

I am disappointed that the program that I am in does not have the support groups. Just visits with the doctor and dietician. The place is packed ALL of the time. I just realized after reading several posts that they didn't even take my starting measurements.

The dr. seems rushed all of the time. The dietician is usually very sweet but mostly concerned about what I would like to order.

This week I had a new dietician am I was impressed. She actually had some good things to share. I will make sure to make follow up appointments with her.

Hope everyone has a great week!
MaryBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 192/192/145

Height: 5'1"

Good morning from Michigan, newbie here. So glad I found these forums. I just started Optifast yesterday and im apprehensive and nervous. Hope I can do this!
AmoreB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:31 PM   #274  
Optifast 70 User

S/C/G: 245/186/179

Height: 5'5"

I'm baaaack... I started Optifast 70 again on Tuesday, a few days after I got back from my monthlong vacation in Europe. I only gained about 10 pounds while I was gone, which is amazing considering all of the croissants and champagne I consumed. I did not hold back, so I expected a larger gain.

That being said, I'm already down 6 pounds since starting back again on Tuesday. Oh, that lovely first week drop. I'm excited to see what the total week loss will be this Tuesday.

Happy to be back. Now that I don't have the pressure of an upcoming vacation, I feel like I will have an easier fast this time since I won't be worried about hitting my goal by a certain date. I have a rough goal in mind of 150 by New Years Eve, but if I don't hit that exactly, I won't be bothered.
floralshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:11 AM   #275  

Ok, it's now 9 weeks in and I'm down 36 lbs! Although last week was such a pisser, this one made up for it! Oh you know those weigh in days and you've only lost 1 lbs! I though I was going to LOOSE it. OMG~
Seriously, my mind was twisting and contemplating all kids of NO GOOD thoughts! But I toughed it out and then lost 5 the next...phewwww

floralshorts Good on you! Sounds like you have a fantastic vacation! Already back in the saddle Here's to your continued success! Congrats on the 6 lbs loss too~

Devlin
Old 10-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #276  

How was your success with Optifast? email me if you can at jamidanielle24 @ yahoo . I am about to start it next week and want to know how much you lost and in how much time. I am nervous but I seem to be reading good things.
Love4theatre24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:23 AM   #277  

I'm down 40 lbs Yay me! I'm a little late on posting but just finished up week 10 on product! The thing that has been weighing on me is... It's getting close to the Holidays people! That is freaking me out, because we will be transition to food around Thanksgiving/Christmas~ Oh my
I'm hoping that new habits and the fact that I feel great will keep me on the path. On a side note~ I recently took a chance and tried out for a Roller Derby Team....Guess what?? I pass the assessments and the skills test!!! I made the team! I did it all by myself! And you know what else, I'm an older skater and I actually skated the pants off the younger girls!
I'll just keep on going! Since I've start Optifast, I've been 100% on product, NO cheats! I'm loving it!

Hope you all are doing fantastic! Optifast love

Devlin
Old 10-13-2014, 12:09 PM   #278  

I have to put my 2 cents in (haven't read all the posts, but maybe I will at some point). I love the Optifast program! I lost 100 pounds in 10 months doing the full meal replacement program - woot woot! I have to say though, that one of the most important parts of the program is the support aspect. Both from the weekly MD/NP visits, and the weekly groups that are required at my clinic. After the 10 mos, I continued to lose weight on a full-food diet, until I started giving myself too much leeway. I ended up gaining back about 30 pounds and am now struggling to not gain more/lose it again. I am only doing 1 shake per day now, because of cost, but I am still going to weekly MD/NP visits and weekly groups. The psychological component is so important - I know that my own emotional attachments to food and psychological issues are the biggest factors in my ability to eat the way I should. But the Optifast is such a wonderful tool. Go optifast users go!
singramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:47 PM   #279  

singramine~
That's some fantastic news and great advice! YES, I agree 100% that in order for this to truly work, you need to do the work! Habits and emotional eating are extremely hard to break.
I haven't transitioned to food yet and I'm not looking forward to it either! As much as I want to eat real food, I am enjoying not having to think or decide on that right now.
I have been to every Dr's visit and meeting that the program has to offer. It's nice to discuss issues that only Optifast users understand!! We also received a book called: Living Smart
Five essential skills to change your health habits forever
Joshua C Klapow, PH.D
Sheri D Pruitt, PH.D
Although I ONLY lost 1lbs this week (maybe due to, too much exercise or not enough water????) I don't feel discouraged. I haven't felt this good in a long while! So, Keep going and enjoy the ride!
Best to all~
Devlin
Old 10-16-2014, 10:57 PM   #280  

Thanks Devlin. Hey, I think of 1 lb as a success! Also, I don't know if you get weighed on those fancy scales, but maybe you lost fat, but gained in water, or maybe you gained muscle. Or maybe your body is just getting ready to lose a little more next week? When I was consistently losing, I didn't pay attention to what I lost from one week to the next - I looked at my weight loss in 3-week increments. Every 3 weeks, I would lose a pretty consistent amount, but within those 21 days, some weeks had bigger drops than others. And it wasn't because of anything I was doing (I know this because I wasn't exercising, and was eating and drinking exactly the same way every day). It's just that the body doesn't lose weight perfectly evenly - it has it's own way of adjusting, so you have to give it time and look at overall trends, rather than weekly "snapshots."
singramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #281  
Optifast 70 User

S/C/G: 204/198/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default Hi everyone

I just started Optifast 70 last week. This isn't my first go round, I was on it in 1986 (when I was just a baby, lol) and then again in 1998 (just before my second granddaughter was born). I've fought my weight all my life and unfortunately I start losing the battle and need to get back on a diet. Optifast has been the best program I've ever been on. It's been awhile since I was last on it and looking over this message board has been a helpful reminder of what's ahead. I'm really glad I found it and look forward the support that's shown here. PS, this is my first time ever post to a message board so I hope I'm doing it right!
grammadlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:42 AM   #282  

Hi grammadlr~ You are SO doing it right! I feel the same way, although this is my first round with Optifast, I wish I would have done it earlier! All the reviews that are so negative scared me off a bit (plus the price of the monitored program)!! But I LOVE it! Seriously...100% on plan I'm doing the optifast 800 the 70 is not offered. Can't wait to hear about your successes!

Best,
Devlin
Old 10-27-2014, 11:31 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 280/270/170

Height: 5'7"

I just started Optifast for the third time in 26 years...yes, 26 years...and I am so excited. I started two weeks ago on the full fasting program. The first time I did the plan I lost 55 lbs in 12 weeks, and I reached my goal weight. The second time I lost 60 lbs in 14 weeks, but I didn't do the maintenance program. This time I am going to transition straight into Weight Watchers to lose the rest of my weight. My starting weigh is 280 and my first weigh in is tomorrow. I anticipate losing around 10-11 pounds. This time around the medical aspect doesn't seem as strict. In the past I did the program in a hospital setting, with weekly doctor visits and psychologist led group meetings. With this provider, I go every two weeks and there are no meetings. I didn't really feel like they helped me that much anyway, so I'm kind of relieved. I am so excited about doing the program again, but I am dreading both Thanksgiving and Christmas with all of the temptation!
haveaprettyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:18 AM   #284  

Smile Hello!

I found your group last week, and decided to join in the fun. Last week was my first weigh in and I lost 5.4 lbs, which was great! It has been a challenging week, but I have stayed on the program in spite of a company luncheon today. I am determined to make this work!

My challenge will be getting exercise in. I don't love to exercise and my knees hurt from arthritis, so it is easy to put it off.

I weigh in for week 2 on Thursday and I am looking forward to it. One reason I am joining this group is that our group meeting last week was rather frustrating for me. One person talked for 45 minutes about her lousy marriage despite the leader's attempts to get the group back on track. I was really interested in the scheduled topic--how our families have shaped our weight issues--so it was very frustrating for me, especially since it was my first meeting. So I appreciate what I have seen here already!

My goal is 40 pounds off, by the way.
editorjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #285  

Hi haveaprettyface & editorjan
That fact you are both starting and are here is fantastic! I just entered ONEderland!! Whoo wooo There's no longer a 2 in front of my weight number, I can't express how great this feels!! Funny thing is I finally feel the weight loss. Everyone else noticed but every time I looked in the mirror....I saw the same fat face! Sad, but true. This has been a journey for sure and a little frustrating at times. Not because of the "plan" but because of people and their options!! Really, didn't your mama teach you...If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything!! I have since limited my circle to a few, who are very supported and nonjudgmental. You really learn WHO your friends are through this program. That being said....I wish you nothing but success!! Power through the tough spots, your worth it!
Bet
Devlin