Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:16 PM   #91  
Optifaster

S/C/G: 355/*Pokes tracker*/185

Height: 5'1

Hey!!! Congrats on the loss! That is AWESOME!

I'm glad the hunger pangs have died down.. after a few days your body slips into Ketosis, which suppresses your appetite and turns your body from a carb eating machine into a fat eating machine. Basically instead of looking for carbs to get energy, it uses your fat stores... which in turn helps you lose weight faster

Way to go on an AWESOME 1st week!!! And as for the tiny slip up... we're all human. Part of this process is learning to forgive yourself and learn from mistakes rather than beat ourselves up over them.

As for the exercise, I'm not sure how your program works, but for mine they told us to not do ANY strenous exercise until the fasting part (the shakes) are over, if i remember correctly, it's because anything that will cause muscle mass to grow, can damage your body while in ketosis and dropping weight rapidly. Walking and yoga is OK, and anything your body was already used to (Minus weight training).. but like if you have been doing kick boxing every week for 20 years... you can still do that. But don't add too much otherwise you might do more harm than good.

Good luck on Week 2
Fawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:48 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 100.7/**/70

Oh awesome! Thanks for the tips Fawks, especially with the exercise bit. Yeah, I did hear about not exercising during the intensive phase seeing that one has only got enough calories during that phase. I'll probably stick to walking after work, or just moving in general. It's generally fine when I'm working, but I have been on a four days off now and I'm studying for an exam so I have been rather stationary. Anyway, thanks for reminding me.
fah.chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:04 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Newbee here. On second week of WS core. Thank you for the note about not drinking wine and such. I did a few times last week, and think that may be why I only lost 2.5 lbs my first week. This week I will find something non alcohol to drink for cocktail time. I don't want to feel left out, but I don't want to slow my weight loss either.
Fairybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #94  
Optifaster

Anytime

The beginning is sooooooo the hardest part, but it DOES get easier.. I promise
Quote:
Originally Posted by fah.chief View Post
Oh awesome! Thanks for the tips Fawks, especially with the exercise bit. Yeah, I did hear about not exercising during the intensive phase seeing that one has only got enough calories during that phase. I'll probably stick to walking after work, or just moving in general. It's generally fine when I'm working, but I have been on a four days off now and I'm studying for an exam so I have been rather stationary. Anyway, thanks for reminding me.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #95  

Default Day 1 on Optifast

Just completed day one on Optifast 800. I didn't get hungry today but found myself looking for food out of reflex and habit. Hoping to lose 100 lbs eventually. The hospital program I'm in lasts 24 weeks with transition to food in week 15.
I find the vanilla ready to drink shake to be gross. My favorite of the day was the chocolate powder.
Good luck to everyone. I am glad I found this forum.
Happyradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #96  
Optifaster

Congrats on completing day 1! You will get to your 100 lbs goal, I just know it

Not sure if our vanilla and your vanilla taste the same (I'm on Optifast 900) but if you're allowed on your plan, I found adding a dash of cinnamon to the vanilla powder before shaking it up makes it taste a bit like eggnog which makes it more palatable for me

But I agree Chocolate is the way to go.. MMM I love my chocolate shakes
Old 06-06-2014, 07:25 PM   #97  
Optifast user

S/C/G: 263.2/236.0/160

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I am in week three of my Optifast program. The first week was great - 10.2 pounds lost! The second week was not as good - only 2.2 pounds lost. I know not every week will be a 10 pound week, but I was disheartened that week 2 was minimal. I felt like "I could have eaten food all week (on a different program) and lost the same amount". We'll see what week 3 brings. It has been very difficult sticking strictly to the program- I must admit I have had a bite here and there of food (literally a bite and no more). Would that bring me out of the ketosis state? This is my second time on the plan. My first time was about five years ago before I had my son...and I swore I would never need to go back to such an extreme measure to lose weight....but here I am. This time seems harder. I hope the results start kicking in. I don't want to feel all this effort is for nothing.
Wannabechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #98  
Optifaster

Hi Wannabechef

Congrats on the progress so far!!! Be careful about the bites of food though, it very well could be slipping you out of Ketosis. all it takes is about 20 calories to slip out (3 sticks of gum a day) also by ingesting carbs of any time you can be stunting the ketosis progress since the act of ketosis is turning your body from a carb eating machine to a fat eating machine.. so if you're ingesting carbs, your body naturally wants to continue consuming carbs for energy rather than your fat.

Don't worry so much about the number on the scale though, my first week I lost 9, then 2 then 2.5 then 2.5 then 5.5 and I've followed it to the letter. I have no idea what makes some weeks better than others :S

Also, as a women, our bodies are built to hold onto fat... so the guys will lose twice as much and twice as fast.. it sucks, but that's our lot in life. BOOO

Good luck and don't kick yourself too hard for those bites
Old 06-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #99  
Optifast user

Thanks Fawks for your words of encouragement. It is a difficult road we are on, but with determination, we will get there. In the overall picture, it IS progress. But in the minute to minute challenges of sitting with family at mealtimes (some of whom can eat mostly anything and not put on a pound like my DH), it feels like more than I can handle at times. I know that I am the one who put myself in this position, time and time again...and I am the only one who can fix it. I have to keep thinking of my two boys (ages 7 and 4) and how much they deserve to have a mom who can play and keep up with them. ;-)
Old 06-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #100  
Optifaster

That's a great way to think about it! Your body DO deserve a Mom who can play and keep up with them, and you will get there

Why not skip the first part of family meal for a few days, set the table, serve the food, and then go for a walk around the block. Come back, make your shake, and finish up the meal all together. could be a good way to get in exercise AND keep away from the most tempting part of the meal (when everyone is digging in) but still be there for the talking and the quality time

This is a rough road, but we're doing it and we're kicking butt at it Baby steps forward will get you there, keep up the awesome work!
Old 06-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #101  
Optifast user

I absolutely LOVE that suggestion!! I am always saying that I can't find the time to exercise - but that would be the perfect time to fit it in. That is going to be my goal for this week.

Also, happy to say that this week (week 3) was much better number-wise. 5.6 pounds this week for a total of 18 pounds GONE!! And strangely enough the only exercise I did was running after my two boys - LOL.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #102  

Default Middle of Week 2

Hi! I am in the middle of week 2. Down 10 lbs. I am only drinking the Ready to Drinks (800) this week due to an ordering error but I am enjoying them. I am doing a hospital based program that includes weekly classes. I was getting pretty frustrated in class this week because the psychologist/instructor was talking about how common it is for people to regain their weight. I, myself, have done that twice before and am so worried it will happen again. Perhaps the constant reminders that regain can happen will motivate me to make the behavior changes I really need to make.
Happyradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/189

Height: 5' 6.5"

Hey y'all,
I'm peeking in to read about everyone's great progress.
My start day has been delayed to the last week in July so I'm a bit frustrated but trying to be patient...

Keep on truckin' everyone!
StarlightMintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:39 PM   #104  
Optifast 70 User

S/C/G: 245/186/179

I've been on Optifast since May 5th and I've lost a total of 36.4 pounds so far. I'm only 10 pounds away from Onederland!

Last edited by floralshorts; 06-14-2014 at 09:42 PM.
floralshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:30 PM   #105  
Optifaster

Hey All!

Wannabechef how did you week go? Did the walks help???

And Hi Starlight! That sucks, my start date was delayed too so I feel the pain! But look at it this way, you get some extra primo Summer weeks to BBQ (unless you are i Australia or something in which case it's Winter... but still BBQ!)

Hope the time passes quickly

Good news on my front! I hit the 30 lbs gone marker... Holy can't wait for this week though! I cheated and stepped on the scale (I try not to look at my home scale so Tuesday nights are a surprise) but I just.. I needed some encouragement so I cheated and peeked... and IF the hospital scale agree's with mine, I've also officially left the 320's this week!!!!!! *Hugs my shakes*
I miss food like CRAZY but I'm loving the progress so trying to keep that in mind while I sit at home alone because everyone I know is out for pizza... and I'm having water and a chocolate shake *tears*.
Anyway. WOOT for Weight loss!