Optifast. Oh, it works.

You're on Page 5 of 33
Go to
  • I am not fond of the strawberry ones and of course found out after I had bought a box of them....so those I guzzled down to get over with.

I love the vanilla - even by itself but it is a great one to play with and mix stuff into.

The chocolate I will warn you - it gives me terrible breath (according to my husband). I like the taste but I have to have a mint right after in order to make it tolerable for those around me!

I have progressed to being able to have their soups (they have chicken and tomato) once a day in place of a shake and I think they are amazing (maybe because they were something OTHER than chocolate/vanilla/strawberry)

The tomato reminds me of the sauce in spaghettios - - Which was just down right heavenly after a few weeks of being with out food!
  • I just went to my Optifast orientation last night and will be getting my physical/EKG tomorrow and will be meeting with a doctor on Thursday. I'm nervous but really excited!

I've been overweight for a lot of my life until I reached senior year of high school when I lost 70 pounds from diet and exercise. I felt and looked awesome! Then I had my first breakup, was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, and long story short I gained it all back and then some.

I'm going to Europe in August and I'd really like to be at my goal weight or at least close to it when I leave. I think with Optifast this is probably pretty possible. I currently weigh 244 pounds and I think I'd like my first goal weight to be 170. I'm 24 years old and 5'5".

How quickly have those of you on Optifast seen results?
  • nibog, I hear ya about the strawberry and I had already thought I wouldn't like it. Spaghettios? Now that's something I could get into.

Hello floralshorts, I have yet to get started on the Optifast Plan but the informational meeting is next week and I am really looking forward to it. Tell me, does everyone get an EKG with their physical?
  • Optifast week 4
    HI everyone! I am so happy I found this forum. I feel I can definitely find the extra encouragement I need here. I am on week 4 on the Optifast 800 and it has been quite a journey. I am down 10 lbs and I'm very happy about it. However it has not been easy!
    I find myself craving salty foods since the shakes nice and sweet. My doctor told me to snack on cucumber and celery for the crunch and saltiness, but sometimes I just want to open a bag of chips and eat the whole salsa container.
    I hope to check in at least once and week and report on my journey. I am currently at 199.8lbs and I'm hoping to get to 145lbs.
  • Quote: Hello floralshorts, I have yet to get started on the Optifast Plan but the informational meeting is next week and I am really looking forward to it. Tell me, does everyone get an EKG with their physical?
    I'm not sure if everyone has to or if it's just a thing my clinic requires. Sorry I can't be of more help.
  • Hi Valeria14 and congratulations on being 10 lbs down already.

Thanks for the reply, floralshorts. I guess I'll find out at the meeting. I sure do hope I can get my appointments in quickly and get started soon!
  • Hi Starlight - - I also had to have an EKG but it was with the "stress test" not the physical. My program has us do an exercise stress test with an EKG monitor (no cost). Pretty much to make sure we are healthy and up to the demands of weight loss.
  • Going for my 4th weigh in tonight - so excited. As of last week (3rd weigh in) I was down a total of 13.3 LBs
  • Quote: Going for my 4th weigh in tonight - so excited. As of last week (3rd weigh in) I was down a total of 13.3 LBs
    Good luck with weigh-in! With 13.3 lbs gone you're successful no matter what the scales say tonight. Hopefully though, you will have more pounds down!!
  • Good luch
    Quote: Going for my 4th weigh in tonight - so excited. As of last week (3rd weigh in) I was down a total of 13.3 LBs
    Good luck tonight! I agree StarlightMintz, 13.3 is a big accomplishment. I bet jeans are starting to feel loose. keep up posted!
  • Congratulations to everyone, you are all doing fantastic. Everyone's story is very inspirational and helpful. Today is my first day and I am determined to stick with it and get healthier.
  • the first week is the worst Bumble bee - - just keep telling yourself that you can do it!!

Nothing is going to taste as good as losing weight feels!!!!

Are you doing full or modified fast?
  • I am so excited!! Just had my weigh in.... Down a total of 16.00lb in 26 days!!! Officially out of the 250s forever! I have not weighed in under 250 in over 3 years! I am so excited I am posting this on my phone while waiting for my weekly meeting to begin at 4 p.m.
  • Congrats on your loss nibog! That's awesome!

I just had my appointment with my dietician today as well as my EKG. It went a lot better than I thought it would. I have been lifting weights pretty heavily for the past two months and she told me I have a LOT of muscle, so she said I only need to lose approximately 67 pounds. This made me feel a lot better because I was thinking I'd probably have to lose 100+. She told me if I lost anymore than 70 then I would probably look too skinny, LOL. So this is encouraging.

Currently at 245 lbs. right now exactly. Starting Optifast 70 on Monday (going to a biiiiig birthday bash on Saturday ;D). We decided that if Optifast 70 is too crazy for me, I can switch to Optifast 800 after a few weeks.

Is it weird that I'm excited but nervous at the same time?
  • nibog,
    I am really happy for you! You are doing great!!

I can't wait to get started ... I'm getting mighty impatient.

floralshorts
    Fantastic that you got some good news and get to start on Monday (*turns a pretty shade of green 'cause I want to get started too*)