Optifast. Oh, it works.

You're on Page 32 of 33
Go to
  • 9 of 10 weeks done. lost 58.5 pounds. Couldn't be happier.
  • Awesome
    Quote: 9 of 10 weeks done. lost 58.5 pounds. Couldn't be happier.
    That is awesome! Did you have ever have a cheat meal or snack during the 10 weeks ?
  • Hi everyone! After many many months of waiting, I just found out that I will be in the next session of the program at my local hospital. I go in a couple weeks for my initial consultation to meet the doctor and have blood work and tests done. Then I start the program end of June.

I'm so happy to see this current thread going, with others doing the program. I've been skimming through and will catch up tonight. It's nice to read everyone's experience so far and tips (especially the tips!).
  • Quote: That is awesome! Did you have ever have a cheat meal or snack during the 10 weeks ?
    Actually, I did not. There was nothing stopping me but my own desire to lose as much weight as I possibly could during this diet. I could have cheated once or twice and maybe it would have made a 1 lb or even a 5 lb difference but I only wanted to suffer through this once.

I've never done anything so difficult, that took so much self-control, and it is worth every single sucky minute.

I know there is a big drop out rate for this diet, but people, you can do it. If someone tells you its easy, they are lying to you because its not. But it IS worth it. Thats the truth.

And that first meal is the best meal you've ever had in your whole life.
  • Any using a alternative optifast program?
  • Just started on optimist today and I couldn't be more excited!

I am hoping to lose a total of 66 pounds (around 30 kilos).

Fingers crossed, just have to stay motivated
  • I'm so glad I found this forum! I started Optifast July 19 and have already lost 9 pounds. I know it's water in the beginning, but I don't care! I'm optimistic about my progress, which hasn't been the case for years!
  • I started Optifast today. Would love to find a "starter group" to hang out with.

All the best to everyone.

Maria
  • Maria, I'll hang out with you! Today is the start of my week 2. My morning weight is 7.5 pounds lower than last week. The 9 pounds I posted is from the scale they gave me to use so they can monitor my morning weights. Of course I ad to set it up in the afternoon so my progress on that scale is larger than the progress from my morning weights.

I had my first follow up with the doctor. She said everything looks good. She said to not "work out" but to gradually add activity. I was told not to do much the first week. I plan to do a little strength training today. It sounds more impressive than it is....we have weights here at the house and I'll do arm exercises for about 10 minutes. My next meeting will be with the dietitian next Monday.

How was your first day?

I hope you keep posting because it seems there are few forums for Optifast.
  • First Timer
    Hi everyone, I'm starting the Optifast plan today, well receiving my shakes today so I'll start tomorrow.
    As I was reading through the packets they provided (Kaiser) it states constipation and hair loss will occur during this process. My question is being someone who already have bathroom issues, has anyone experienced it and what did you do/take to prevent it. Also the hair loss/shedding, was it alot?
  • Hi, 012145! I didn't notice any hair loss but I have pretty thick hair and typically leave some in the shower anyway. As for constipation, I haven't had that issue, maybe because I started adding 1T psyllium husks to 1 or 2 shakes a day pretty early on. I was so hungry, I had it on hand, and I looked at the calories and was okay with it. When I mentioned it to my Dr on my first follow up she said that was fine. I use Now brand which has 30 calories for 1T but 7g fiber. Each gram of fiber has 4 calories so that's only 2 non fiber calories. I can live with that. Today is day 12 for me and as of this morning I'm down 10.4 pounds. I can also wear some pants I haven't been in for over a year!

How did your first day go?
  • I'm considering Optifast
    I'm considering Optifast--I'm waiting for a call back to start the process with the doctor/etc.

Does anyone have any thoughts they can share with me that I should be thinking about?

Thanks!
  • Hi everyone, I just started optifast today... hoping to lose 100 pounds. I’m on optifast 800 but i could only drink 2 of the four shakes today... is it really important that I drink them all? I did get all 64 ounces of water in which wasn’t so easy in winter.
  • Hi! I am beginning the program next week (Jan 10th).
    Very excited and a little bit nervous.
  • I just started yesterday...hope we can navigate through this road together 😊