Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:34 PM   #436  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking on sunshine View Post
Well I am obese (was 282lb at the start of this) and have been thinking of losing it via optifast for a while after seeing how much a family member lost, but I didn't start the program until I got the flu and had to have antibiotics for a secondary infection which stuffed up my guts and I got such severe reflux that I couldn't eat at all and was struggling to keep water down. After losing 15lb in 7 days I figured I had better find something that I could keep down and that would remove visceral fat without making me lose what little muscle I have. So I went with the optifast as it's balanced, very little food ( can't have big meals) and I still needed to lose weight so why not do it without starving? Anyway I've just completed my 8th week and I have lost 48.5lb already. That is despite the fact that I had to have rehydrate several times daily to prevent dehydration as the optifast gave me diarea and I was struggling to drink enough already. So technically I didn't go into ketosis for most of my optifast journey, but still lost heaps of weight. I am actually quite amazed truthfully. I can't do much of any exercise due to pain still, but I can walk S so I got a Fitbit and I am walking 10000+ steps a day. I have to otherwise the reflux makes my life ****, so I guess my tummy kind of put me on a diet here. I have simply done it and informed my Doctor just recently and she is happy for me to keep this up, but will be doing blood tests soon as I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol and am a type 2 diabetic so my medication might need to be adjusted. I am hoping to go off a few of these medications once I have lost my weight as I was never really overweight until an accident a few years ago when I was put on medication for the pain that just made me hungry 24/7 - and I never had any of these health issues (including reflux) until I picked up so much weight. I am sure it will be hard to keep it off after all this so I am going to stick to the optifast plan absolutely, including the different phases to make sure I don't fall off the wagon. Worst for me right now is the fact that I love the mouth feel of food and miss it like nobody's business. I'm not hungry but oh my word, that crunchy bread.....I've kind of resolved the issue by chewing a tiny piece then spitting it out if I feel it gets too hard to bear. It makes it kind of pointless so it totally ruins the experience for me, which is kind of the idea I guess lol. I love food and love to cook and most of the time it isn't an issue as (a) I'm in ketosis so not hungry plus yucky mouth taste and (b) being around food and preparing it is almost as much fun as eating it. On the plus side my family have been losing weight too as I'm practicing preparing healthy meals for when I'm back to eating normally. I'm having 2 shakes a day plus the chocolate desert for dinner as I can't eat the vegetable soups or bars due to some additives they have and I need to have some sort of mouth feel to my food at dinner time or I will crack 😂 I'm also having a cup of carrots and a cup of baby spinach stir friend in 2tbsp of olive oil and then cooked and puréed as my digestion is not yet up to eating whole lumps of food yet. Are you guys doing the 2+ cups of non-starchy vegs with 2Tbsp of oil per day too? Any advice for me her? You ladies seem to have so many great ideas.

Hi. Woooow I think you already did well and there is no reason to gain that weight back!
I will be on 2 shakes per day + normal lunch + 2 fruits as snack.
I'll start Monday
Lighttemptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:45 AM   #437  

Default Optifast 800

Hi folks!
Great posts! Wondering if anyone here is on Optifast---just completed week one...results will come in tonight at Kaiser group. Looking for tips, successes, support!

Thx!!
FindingBalance100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:10 AM   #438  

S/C/G: 273/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi all! Glad to see Optifast is working so well for everyone! Still plugging along, though my losses may be a little slower than the rest of you all. Just happy to be 45 lbs down in 17 weeks. Will be checking in to hear how you all are doing! Keep up the great work!

Last edited by kittens; 10-15-2016 at 11:11 AM.
kittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:08 PM   #439  

This is a serious post.

I weigh exactly 300.

Here is the backstory:

My mother is about to get gastric bypass surgery (weighs 350, height 5'6").

I am male, 300lbs 5'11". To me, this might seem strange, but I never once considered myself to have an eating problem. Also, when I look in the mirror, I see an attractive, handsome guy. I'm not just saying that to make myself feel better - I have been told I am handsome (at least when I was normal weight a long time ago), plus I still find my appearance to look OK.

I have lost a lot of weight before, but I love to eat and then lose it fast. I always knew I would need to lose this weight eventually.

Well, it is at the point I need to get on the treadmill, so to speak.

However I really feel like a few more snacks to "celebrate" the day before this journey.

What do you all think?

Considering I don't technically have an eating disorder, or perhaps very small, before going on a year-long weightloss journey would it be better to binge before as a sort of celebration?

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you

P.S. I have about 6 weeks worth of Optifast 9.

Last edited by Attraction; 11-02-2016 at 05:11 PM.
Attraction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:30 AM   #440  

Default How is it going for you?

How are you doing? I'm considering opti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingBalance100 View Post
Hi folks!
Great posts! Wondering if anyone here is on Optifast---just completed week one...results will come in tonight at Kaiser group. Looking for tips, successes, support!

Thx!!
Brilliantlycrazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #441  

S/C/G: 300.6 lbs

Height: 5ft 8 inches

Not sure if anyone is still here-Just joined this site and started Optifast 800 last weds with my husband-he and I tried it about 10 yrs ago but he couldn't finish and so we both gain back and more. This time I am at my heaviest-300.6 lbs. My goal is 180. It will either be this or baratric surgery as our doctor has told both of us. We have the same doctor-nice-I will be weighting in for my first time on Weds night at our Kaiser group meeting, So far my home scale says I have lost 9 lbs.
lisatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:30 AM   #442  
Gin

I'm Gin and new to forum. I'll try its !
Gin1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:57 AM   #443  

Default New here too ... newly on Optifast

Hi all, this seems to be a dead thread .... but I'll give it a try. I started Optifast today. At 203 and 5'1" I've a lot to lose and will be thrilled if the 30-40 they say I'll lose is true. But bigger fear is putting it back on. Have coworker who is much heavier than I am and he's been on it 3 times in 5 years. I don't want that for myself so have to find ways to be satisfied with controlled portions ...
Hope to find some others on the same journey.
Driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:29 PM   #444  

Default Opti 800

I started Opti800 through Kaiser. I am on day five. Day two and three were the worst so far. Weigh-ins are on Wednesday evenings, so I'm looking forward to seeing results. I have committed to no cheating whatsoever for the 14 weeks of "active weight loss".
Loriod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:39 PM   #445  

S/C/G: 228/194/150

Height: 5'3"

HI, I am looking to start with Kaiser in March (that's the next session). I'll be following your progress Loriod and Driftwood. Good luck with the plan. Optifast 800-- how many shakes do you get per day? ANd is it just shakes? (I'm waiting for the rest of the info from Kaiser re the shakes). Thanks!
bev19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:30 AM   #446  

Default Also in Cali

I'm in Northern Cali and just starting the optifast with Kaiser. I'm set to begin the 27th.
christymariewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:05 PM   #447  
It's good to be the King!

S/C/G: 302.5/242.0/230.0

Height: 6'0"

I have a couple questions about this...

I play ice hockey. How does such a low calorie diet affect playing?

Second, can I add chili oil or italian seasoning to the soup?

I know, they are kinda odd questions that don't go together, but those are at the front of my mind right now and I plan on starting this Friday. Thanks to anyone who can answer.
KingSmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 04:39 PM   #448  

KingSmokey, I would bet no chili oil (because it's oil). Not sure about herbs and spices; they'd likely be OK, but I'd check with your program provider. As to hockey, depends on how often, how intense, etc., you're playing. I'm waiting to start on 3/22 and would be only shakes, 4 a day. I like that in one sense because there are only shakes and nothing else.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:40 PM   #449  

How is it going so far?
Old 03-05-2017, 04:41 PM   #450  

Quote:
Originally Posted by christymariewoo View Post
I'm in Northern Cali and just starting the optifast with Kaiser. I'm set to begin the 27th.
How is it going so far?