Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:09 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Default Is anyone still doing Optifast?

I haven't seen much chatter around lately...
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:21 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 210--goal 160

Default getting started

I see the Dr to join Optifast in 7 days and I am nervous. I have lost and regained weight so many times that I am discouraged. I am at an all time high weight and have to do something to lose. I really am sad and nervous to start this program and hope that it works and that I can do it. Liquids only sounds difficult, I will miss food, but that sounds like I am addicted to food!!! It must be a good program because it works for so many and it is recomended for bariactric patients. I wont know if I can do it until I give it a try.
KathyB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:44 AM   #318  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyB1 View Post
I see the Dr to join Optifast in 7 days and I am nervous. I have lost and regained weight so many times that I am discouraged. I am at an all time high weight and have to do something to lose. I really am sad and nervous to start this program and hope that it works and that I can do it. Liquids only sounds difficult, I will miss food, but that sounds like I am addicted to food!!! It must be a good program because it works for so many and it is recomended for bariactric patients. I wont know if I can do it until I give it a try.
Good luck KathyB1! I have completed 3 weeks, and so far this 4th week has been pretty easy. I have lost 17lbs already, but 15 of those were in the first two. The process of eliminating food decisions really has made me see and think about my eating and drinking habits. I am glad I am doing it, and I know maintenance will be just as hard if not harder, but there is an end in sight and I know it will be worth it!!
Old 08-18-2015, 07:49 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 210--goal 160

Hi I really appreciate your well written informative and introspective post.
I am signed up with an Optifast Dr this Monday to start the program. I am nervous because the thought of not eating anything until I lose the 50lbs that I should lose is intimidating. I really don't know if I can do it. They do offer a plan of 2 liquid meals and a regular food meal or even no liquid meals, only food. I am not sure what they will say or I will say. But your post is encouraging. I appreciate it. I really have to lose the weight.
KathyB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:27 PM   #320  

Hi everyone.im restarting Optifast 900 in Canada. Could use some encouragement and buddies ��. Restarting early Sept and wanting to lose about 30lbs.
Optigirl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:53 AM   #321  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optigirl45 View Post
Hi everyone.im restarting Optifast 900 in Canada. Could use some encouragement and buddies ��. Restarting early Sept and wanting to lose about 30lbs.
and good luck! What does 900 mean? 900 calories?
Old 09-15-2015, 04:54 PM   #322  

Default Newbie

Hey Everyone, how is everyone doing? I've been lurking here for a few weeks and have decided to finally post.

I have my first class tonight and we start the meal replacements next week. Is there anything I should ask or know before we start the replacements?
changling2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #323  

S/C/G: 296/296/175

Height: 69" (5ft9in)

It's day two for me and although I wasn't necessarily hungry I think the routine of eating lunch is having some kind of effect on me. Hopefully as the days go by I can deprogram myself to go grab that sandwich will disappear and i will replace it with a shake I plan to watch the postings for some much needed encouragement as these will be a rough 12 weeks...Good luck to everyone!
Kami4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:49 AM   #324  

Hi Kami4u! I just got my food today so I start tomorrow. I'll keep updating because I could use support too.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:49 AM   #325  

Good luck changling2015 and Kami4u!! I did a (similar but different brand) VLCD diet earlier this summer, and recently transitioned to just low calorie with regular food.

The first part of the diet is hard in someways, but my best advice is to not cheat once-at least for me I knew once I ate off plan it would be that much easier next time. Sticking to it is hard, but you can motivate yourself by what you see on the scale the next day! I lost 29lbs in 5 weeks.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:37 AM   #326  

S/C/G: 95kg/.../70kg

Height: 170cm/5'7

Hello! I have just joined this forum as I'm starting Optislim tomorrow... (Similar to optifast) (I've written an introduction to me in the introduction part). But thought I would say hi, and .... Ugh! I'm terrified! I'm a little worried about low blood sugar... I'm one of those types who turn into a crazy lady if I don't eat... I get shakey and snappy and irritable and can't think. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with low blood sugar while on the diet? That's really my only concern....
But anyway, hello! And I look forward to becoming healthy with you all!

Last edited by Fififatso; 09-24-2015 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Darn autocorrect ;-)
Fififatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:24 AM   #327  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fififatso View Post
Hello! I have just joined this forum as I'm starting Optislim tomorrow... (Similar to optifast) (I've written an introduction to me in the introduction part). But thought I would say hi, and .... Ugh! I'm terrified! I'm a little worried about low blood sugar... I'm one of those types who turn into a crazy lady if I don't eat... I get shakey and snappy and irritable and can't think. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with low blood sugar while on the diet? That's really my only concern....
But anyway, hello! And I look forward to becoming healthy with you all!
In the program that I'm in, we have 6 meal replacements a day. We were advised to eat every 2.5-3 hours. That has helped a great deal for me. I only had one lightheaded moment and it reminded me that it was probably time to eat.

----

So today is day 5 and I seem to be doing okay. Last night I had a couple of the detox symptoms and took a Tylenol to feel better.

Did anyone who did this program find themselves looking at picture of food? I've spent a lot of time on Pinterest figuring out what I'm going to eat when we transition back to food.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #328  

I'm back again...I cheated on day 5! not because i was hungry but because I was out with a friend...I did stick to the optifast approved veggies from a list i found on another site but I'm not supposed to have any food. Problem is the veggies were looking mighty good and I was hungry (which is probably why I gave in). Any suggestions on how to deal with being LIQUID when your social?
Old 09-30-2015, 12:31 PM   #329  

HaveDogWillDiet and changling2015....thank you for your responses but by the time I saw it I had already cheated...not terrible full on meal cheat or fast food cheat but veggie cheated which essentially is still cheating ..lol I'm very active so just drinking the liquids isnt all bad it does make me "eat" more in a day than i normally would BUT I LOVE to hang out so the first weekend was ROUGH! I'm definitely going to have to limit my social outings in the next few weeks to get through this phase. Thanks for the support and good luck to you as well. You have my permission to YELL at me when I post cheating stories...I need to stay on the right track!

Last edited by Kami4u; 09-30-2015 at 12:32 PM. Reason: adding names
Old 09-30-2015, 01:36 PM   #330  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kami4u View Post
HaveDogWillDiet and changling2015....thank you for your responses but by the time I saw it I had already cheated...not terrible full on meal cheat or fast food cheat but veggie cheated which essentially is still cheating ..lol I'm very active so just drinking the liquids isnt all bad it does make me "eat" more in a day than i normally would BUT I LOVE to hang out so the first weekend was ROUGH! I'm definitely going to have to limit my social outings in the next few weeks to get through this phase. Thanks for the support and good luck to you as well. You have my permission to YELL at me when I post cheating stories...I need to stay on the right track!
Kami4u its ok! I was super worried about the social aspect- I was like all my social events are food-focused! Which my doctor pointed out maybe I needed to do less social eating...anyway, I combated it by scheduling hang outs for coffee instead of drinks, or doing non-food related activities. I was also straight up with the people I was with that I was doing this, and then it didn't matter that I was having a shake. What I found was my friends and family were overwhelmingly supportive.