3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Optifast. Oh, it works. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/275892-optifast-oh-works.html)

nibog 08-20-2014 06:36 AM

STICK WITH IT!!

3lbs is still a great loss...and guess what? ITS A LOSS!!!! Chip away the weight - most of my weeks are losses of 2-3 lbs, but 18 weeks in I am down 61.8 lbs which is about 3.4 lbs a week.

DevlinGeorgia 08-20-2014 07:03 PM

You're totally right about "chipping" away the weight. Thank you for reminding me that it's going to be a long haul. We (Kaiser group) are on Optifast products for 16 week and then transition to food starting the 17th week! I just finished week 2 of product and moving onto week 3 as we speak!! :p
I appreciate you keeping it "real"! It's easy to get discouraged. By the way...
You are doing fantastic!!

Best to all :devil:

MaryBB 08-20-2014 09:27 PM

On day 3 today. Was a little hungry yesterday but better today. It amazes me how tempted I've been to just take a little bite here or a small piece there. Thank goodness I have talked myself out of cheating.

I've done that in the past and before you know it, a bite turns into a small meal and then quitting all together. It's also hard in a work environment when there are business lunches or coworkers inviting you out.

I'm trying really hard to give this the best try I can.

It's nice too hear how others are doing :)

twish 08-20-2014 09:29 PM

I just started on Optifast today. I am feeling more hopeful than I have been able to in awhile. I just hope my expectations aren't unreasonable.

I did the supervised program about 10 years ago and am doing it alone this time (there's a waiting list til January right now to do the supervised program and I didn't want to wait). I was really pleased with the results that I had the last time around but I wasn't ready to make it stick. I've come a long way in the last 10 years and am confident that the lifestyle changes will stick this time.

Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences with Optifast!

MaryBB 08-20-2014 09:34 PM

Hey Twish, we are both in the beginning of this journey. Would love to hear how you are doing and support each other along the way. We can do this!

twish 08-20-2014 09:45 PM

Hey Mary!

We can to this. I feel like I'm playing the lottery, where I know I will win, I just don't know how much.

I followed to program to a T last time around. Did not cheat even once. And it worked. I lost 68 lbs, so I am hoping to lose at least that much again, since I am starting at a higher weight (I remember people in my group who were heavier than me lost more, especially in the beginning).

Anyway, my plan is just to take it day by day...

Happyradio 08-21-2014 09:24 PM

Hey! Welcome newbies. I'm in week 12. I'm down 47 lbs. i promise you that after a week or two you will get into a groove and it will get easier. Keep up the good work.
P.S. I do miss ice cream.

MaryBB 08-22-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyradio (Post 5059095)
Hey! Welcome newbies. I'm in week 12. I'm down 47 lbs. i promise you that after a week or two you will get into a groove and it will get easier. Keep up the good work.
P.S. I do miss ice cream.

That's awesome! 12 weeks seems so far away now :o. Day 5 down. I've been good, no cheating at all, although I have been so tempted. I haven't weighed myself yet. Looking for some good numbers on Monday morning, if not, I'm sure I will be very disappointed. Thinking positive for now :carrot:

twish 08-22-2014 11:34 PM

I'm just finishing Day 3. Have been hungry, with weird cravings. But, no cheating. Down 4.7 lbs already- probably water weight.

DevlinGeorgia 08-24-2014 09:09 PM

OMG MaryBB & twish You guys are doing awesome!

I'm on day 12 and missing my coffee with creamer in a bad way! I keep trying to drink it black...yuckk!! Other than that I have missed a meal here and there!! Hard to believe I know. Just let time get away from me and or fall asleep.

I was out "back to school" shopping with my daughter and wasn't sure if I ate or not! I so need to write it all down! This is an issue~

Tuesday nights are my weigh in nights....getting close! No cheats but I worry about the few missed meals!! Although I know some people are on 5 products a day. I'm on 6 and was wondering when they made the switch to have one more??

OK party people, keep rocking it! :carrot:

:devil:

MaryBB 08-24-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevlinGeorgia (Post 5060197)
OMG MaryBB & twish You guys are doing awesome!

I'm on day 12 and missing my coffee with creamer in a bad way! I keep trying to drink it black...yuckk!! Other than that I have missed a meal here and there!! Hard to believe I know. Just let time get away from me and or fall asleep.

I was out "back to school" shopping with my daughter and wasn't sure if I ate or not! I so need to write it all down! This is an issue~

Tuesday nights are my weigh in nights....getting close! No cheats but I worry about the few missed meals!! Although I know some people are on 5 products a day. I'm on 6 and was wondering when they made the switch to have one more??

OK party people, keep rocking it! :carrot:

Thanks for the support! :carrot:

I place my 5 shakes on the kitchen counter along with 3 containers of water (equalling 64 oz). That helps me keep track of where I am. Right now I am doing the ready to go shakes. I don't know why, but not having to mix the shakes for some reason makes me feel like it is easier for me. It's one less excuse for me to have when I feel like giving up. I know, it makes no sense, but it works for me. :?:

Keep up the good work! Let us know how weigh in goes on Tuesday!

twish 08-24-2014 10:00 PM

DevlinGeorgia- I have missed a shake twice so far, for the same reasons as you. Hopefully not a big deal. Are you on Optifast 800? That's 5 shakes a day, totalling 800 calories. There are other versions of the shakes, with different amounts of total calories per day.

MaryBB- I mix my own shakes, since I like to flavour them. I add instant coffee to chocolate to make a cold cafe mocha, peppermint to vanilla, etc. I just ordered a couple of sugar-free syrups by Torani in Salted Caramel and Brown Sugar with Cinnamon. These were recommended on another thread here or in an MFP forum.

DevlinGeorgia 08-25-2014 02:36 AM

Hi again ~ So, I'm doing this through Kaiser Oakland, Ca and they have us on 6 shakes or 4 shakes 2 bars or 4 shakes 1 bar and 1 soup. It wasn't till I was here on this forum that I noticed that y'all were having 5 shakes mix & match! I'm wondering why? I'll ask Tuesday and maybe that's why I'm not dropping the lbs as much! The package does say Optifast 800~ hummm :?: I'll get back to you on this after my meeting!
I also add ice, instant coffee, a pk of splenda, vanilla shake mix and a few shakes of Cinnamon~ Ummmmmmm I look forward to it in the morning.:D

That's some true organization MaryBB. I see success from that!! :D

I still have a hard time with the exercise. I'm tired!! They did say to add vit D 1x a day, I just bought some and maybe that will help.

Ok, I'll let cha know how it goes on Tuesday night...fingers crossed!
Hang tight and cheers :cheers: (holds shaker cup up...)

twish 08-26-2014 06:39 PM

When I did the supervised program we were warned not to over do it with exercise. No weight training allowed. Walking was really encouraged.

I'm doing my week 1 weigh-in tomorrow. I know I've already lost 8lbs, which i'm pleased with. I am weighing myself everyday because it motivates me. Am also measuring myself every 5 days and I have lost an inch around my waist so far.

Optifast DOES work!

MaryBB 08-26-2014 08:20 PM

Hey Twish!
Great job. I can't wait to see how we'll you do tomorrow. Losing inches is awesome.