Optifast. Oh, it works.

You're on Page 12 of 33
Go to
  • Thank you!
    That is a great thread-- thank you so much for helping me find it.
  • Welcome, itsachoice! I am hopeful your hunger will become more bearable for you soon. I am starting week 6 tomorrow and this past week was the first week that I didn't feel frustratingly hungry. Some of the people in my class had relief sooner than I did. So there is hope!!!

Fawks.....you rock!!
  • Hi Happyradio
    Good luck on week 6!

I am feeling really fortunate that I'm not having any problems with full fast and I'm actually enjoying the break from food! Now if I could just get away from having to cook and wash dishes! Oh well, such is life.
  • First week down
    I lost 4.6 pounds this week (it was really only 4 days). I'm feeling less hungry today, so I guess I must be getting into ketosis. I hope I get to the point of SL-- enjoying a break from food!

I never noticed how MANY commercials for food there are until now. And our nightly news has a special on grilling out. I decided I can get some steps in and get out of the room every time one of those food things come on!
  • itsachoice, way to go on losing 4.6 in 4 days!

I know I sound crazy when I say I'm enjoying the break from food but I'm cooking for 2 picky men, sometimes 3, and before Optifast it was hard to control my own diet with all that. Now I just have my shakes and I'm done.

Oh and yeah, those food commercials are relentless! Yummy looking food and recipes on Facebook is another thing best avoided!
  • I am not finding the day to day of being around food difficult like when my husband and kids eat. However, when I go to a child's birthday with cake and snacks that I would have typically feasted on, I am finding that hard. Eating out has been sort of challenging too. Luckily, I've only had to go when we had company visiting. I just sit there with my diet soda.
  • After transition...Now what??
    Hi All,

I just joined this forum. I wanted to share my weight loss story on Optifast 800 which I just finished.
    It'seems ironic that I had to modify the diet and still lost weight. Not by much, but I did feel shortchanged.
    Ok, I was having 5 shakes a day for 9 weeks ( attempted 12 weeks, but had to cut it short due to traveling).
    My weight loss was rapid and I was never hungry. I was strong willed and resisted any urge to cheat. 5 lbs per week was my weight loss average. At the end of 9 weeks I was down 50 lbs. I was so impressed with my results I would rave to others about the diet. Then I transitioned dropping one shake per week. NOW, I am at my dilemna!! After going back to food I think the weight is trying to creep back. My diet is perfectly healthy, I even eat organic. I try to walk at least 4 times per week as I was doing while on the shakes. My problem is...finding the best way to maintain what I've lost so far. I also want to lose more ( another 50 lbs) to reach my goal. Would it be safe to start the diet again or is it too soon? Someone please help. I'm desperate to find the right formula to succeed..I don't want to reverse what I've done.
  • Quote: Hi All,

I just joined this forum. I wanted to share my weight loss story on Optifast 800 which I just finished.
    It'seems ironic that I had to modify the diet and still lost weight. Not by much, but I did feel shortchanged.
    Ok, I was having 5 shakes a day for 9 weeks ( attempted 12 weeks, but had to cut it short due to traveling).
    My weight loss was rapid and I was never hungry. I was strong willed and resisted any urge to cheat. 5 lbs per week was my weight loss average. At the end of 9 weeks I was down 50 lbs. I was so impressed with my results I would rave to others about the diet. Then I transitioned dropping one shake per week. NOW, I am at my dilemna!! After going back to food I think the weight is trying to creep back. My diet is perfectly healthy, I even eat organic. I try to walk at least 4 times per week as I was doing while on the shakes. My problem is...finding the best way to maintain what I've lost so far. I also want to lose more ( another 50 lbs) to reach my goal. Would it be safe to start the diet again or is it too soon? Someone please help. I'm desperate to find the right formula to succeed..I don't want to reverse what I've done.
    Hi there, countmain.
    I will let other, more experienced Optifasters answer your questions but I wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss so far ... 50 pounds is a great loss!!

Question for you... Were you/are you in a medically supervised program?
  • Countmain, was your diet supervised by medical staff? My first reaction is consult them if the diet was supervised. If not, perhaps visit a dietician and get some professional insight. I would offer a more direct answer to your question but I'm no pro. Good luck. You've done great so far.

• Checkin' in with the Optifasters...

How's everyone doing?

I'm down 15 and very thankful the program is going well for me.

This weekend I have to attend several big mealtime gatherings (wedding events) but I'll have my shakes and water and plod right on through.
  • StarlightMinz~ Your start weight and height are exactly like mine! Nice to see you are doing it! I don't start Optifast until 7/29 but browse through threads for inspiration and information. Getting excited and looking forward to see your continued success as well~ Power on!
  • Checking in during week 7...doing well. Now that I've got the diet itself down pat, I've started focusing on my movement. The class I am taking for this diet recommends doing 10,000 steps a day for weight loss. Bought a pedometer and am trying to fit it in. It isn't easy but will hopefully pay off. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Howdy y'all!

Happyradio, Good for you for jumping in there with the recommended exercise. What type/kind of pedometer did you get? I've been thinking of getting one myself. Oh, and grats on your 7th week!

DevilinGeorgia, 10 days till you start! You're getting there! Very cool that our stats are similar too.

I'm still out of town for a weekend food fest (wedding) and have managed to stay full fast despite yummy looking piles of free food.

I've been thinking a lot about what my weight mgmt doc said the other day. It's something I already knew but it speaks to me now like it never has before. She said obesity is a chronic disease and being a chronic disease it requires constant treatment/management.... for life.
  • Starlight. It's an Omron pedometer. Nothing fancy but it does the trick. Model HJ-321. I find it incredibly motivating. Keep up the good work!
  • Quote: Starlight. It's an Omron pedometer. Nothing fancy but it does the trick. Model HJ-321. I find it incredibly motivating. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks for the info, Happyradio. That's just what I was looking for!