Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Oh, t'is fine. I understand you have alife outside of 3FC

I am actually really proud of him for quitting. And I know that it is jsut part of the game. Just that day...just...wow. It was something else. I lived a childhood in fear of my dad and I had thought that I would never have that moment in time come back on me when I finally stood up to that beast of a man 14 years ago. And then my husband went...weird. Although he never once hit the extremes my dad did, it still sent me through shock waves and brought up very painful memories. All is well. Just glad that the worst seems to be over now at this point. He's fought off the addiction, now he just needs to fight off the habit.

Yesterday I did L1D2. WOOHOO! I've been go, go, go for a week now, and it feels great. No more slacking! Of course, it helps now that it is warming up some. I am NEVER cold, and this winter wasn't harsh here, but for some reason, I was freezing all winter long! I mean, yesterday was 62 and it felt artic to me. Must be losing the insulation on muh body.

Sounds like you were insanely busy yesterday! I got a chuckle out of it because I couldn't get the image out of my head.....here you are 5 foot nothing fighting with all that stuff. All I could think of is my grandmother when we were kids fighthing with her pool cover. She was 5'1 and an insanely active woman up until her hsuband passed away a decade ago. Anyways, she would bike a good 10 miles a day, come home and weed eat or mow the lawn, wash her car, take care of about two dozen birds, then get out to go mess with the pool. I can not count how many times I watched her fall in when a gust of wind took that cover as she probably only weighed 80 pounds soaking wet. She just sorta...flew. And she refused to accept any help, so it was always amusing to watch and wait, just to see what would happen next. She would then come in side and complain she was beat....except next thing you knew, she was going down to the boat house to scrub the boat, repair the canopy, check the minnow trap, and on and on and on. Sorta reminds me of you in a way, in this aspect . I suspect even when you are done, you are still always going. And the height thing. I got that visual of her flying into the pool when the wind grabbed the cover and it just tickled me senseless.

Actually...I have to head to here house the end of this month. We rotate weekends down there to keep an eye on her and visit her. I'd go more often, but she is 5 hours away. Ever since Judd died, she hasn't been the same. She just kinda gave up on life and let herself go. It's been a sad process, but at least I have the good memories. Funny how a tragedy like that either completely destroys one or gives them a new love of life. I hope, when and if that time comes for me, I find love of life. I've spent too many years in a shell of depression, and after discovering life after nearly lossing mine, I don't want to go back. Ever.

Anyways, enough of that. Hope you have a great 100% OP day! I plan to go jogging, pending the weather holds up today. If not, 30DS it is. And hey...holding at 142 is much better than holding at 152
Old 05-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #407  

Oh - and I shared it elsewhere, but would like to share it with you. Kiddo and I were talking on the way to school yesterday morning about my hubby quitting. I am raising a very well intended psychopath!

Zoë: Daddy is sick because of icky smoky. He was washing the icky smoke off in the shower so he will be all better.
Me: Yep. Daddy quit the icky smoke and it made him sick. He’ll be better soon once it all gets out of him
Zoë: IT’S IN HIM?!? OH NO!!!! MOMMY!
Me: What?
Zoë: If the icky smoke is in Daddy he will NEVER get better! We got to get the icky smoke out!
Me: Well, that is what he is doing. He quit smoking the icky smoke. It takes some time, but he’ll get better, promise.
Zoë: I know! I’ll grow up and be a doctor. And then I will cut out Daddy’s stomach and he’ll be ALL better because I will take all the icky smoke out.
Me: You are going to…cut?...your dad’s tummy out?
Zoë: YEP! I am going to be the BEST doctor EVER and make EVERYONE better by cutting them up and giving them shots in the butt and Daddy will be ALL better and I will keep his tummy out so he NEVER gets sick again!
Me: (blink) You…are going to cut people up?
Zoë: Yeah! And then everyone can stay in my hospital and I’ll never let them leave. They will be better so well!
Me: You realize if you want to be a doctor, that you have to go to school for a long time and do lots of homework and never fuss, right?
Zoë: It’s okay, Mom, it’s okay. I’ll go to school. And then I’ll learn it super fast and then I’ll be a great doctor, cut everyone up, and keep them in my hospital so they re never sick.
Me: I….I….suddenly think that I am probably going to stay far away from your….uh….dungeon-pital. Uhm…kinda scary there kiddo.
Zoë: It’s okay, Mom. I’ll cut you and Daddy first.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

OMG.. that child is too funny. (Keep her away from knives )

Yep, I am pretty sure, the neighbors think of me as that "crazy old widow woman", but that's okay. My son was suppose to come this weekend to help me with the pool cover. A).I I have no patience when it comes to waiting for help. B) It was suppose to rain Thursday (which it did) and I had already drained the cover. C.) I have learned after 10 years to do things myself.It's less frustrating! I am sure I looked a sight, running up and down the deck steps, tying ropes to the side of the cover and then trying to bring them up on the deck (I am too short when it comes to the fence around the pool), tying the ropes to the deck posts, running back down and doing the other side with another rope, tying it off . Then trying to pull the ropes, to bring the cover up and over the air pillow. At least I didn't fall into the cold water!

I ended up running errands in the rain yesterday, never got to do 30 DS.
This morning woke up to reality, rainy and 41 degrees. I had to pick up the baby, obviously no going to the park today. I just got him down for a nap, so I can clean up my house,

Hope your day is going well.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #409  

Day went great. I have gotten L1D3 (taking a break today though.) Been busy...like usual on the weekends. LOL! Kudos on getting back to 142...I got back to 247 as well! WOOHOO!

Anyways, lots going on, just wanted to drop in and say hi! Hope your day is going well. Despite Mexican tonight, I am still on plan. How awesome is that! Eating the right stuff at Mexican! Never thought that possible before all of this
Old 05-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #410  

Hi!

Busy here as well. Saturday worked in the yard. Babysat the grandsons overnight. They were picking them up this morning to go to the zoo, called and asked if I wanted to go with.

I had to run around to get ready. We walked around the zoo for 4 hours. Got home a little while ago. No 30 DS , my feet are killing me.

Last edited by irish51; 05-05-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #411  

I bet you had fun though

Took a day off from exercise yesterday. Hit 246.1 and am the EXACT same weight as my husband, down to the ounce. This week, I WILL be less than him for the first time since I met him

Just got back from running and crunches. Tomorrow we start T-Ball, so going to attempt D4 tomorrow, but no promises. Depends how hectic it all goes.

Finishing up my post workout shake, hitting the shower, making lunches, than going to sit down and play a video game with my husband...girl passed out 30 minutes ago, so we are all set for a quiet evening

(and hubby is officially one week quit from smoking! )
Old 05-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 144/143.6/134

Height: 5' 6.5"

Hi WS'ers. I am new to WS and to the forum. I have watched my weight and been active my entire life. I was a triathlete for over 10yrs of my life. The forties presenting me with some new challenges that I am hellbent on conquering. My thing is, I never let my weight get away from me. So, when 6 lbs crept on the past two months, taking me into "the red zone" I pulled out all the stops. Wonderslim, here I am!

I have been reading through this thread and seeing how everyone is fairing. Amelia, how is it going for you? You vanished. Shero, don't tell me you fell to the wayside. Get your tail back over here!

As for Zoesmom and Irish, I have some tough love, a la Jillian, for you. You both have been on here for months. Looking back, your wts are not moving. Let me enlighten you, because denial does not make facts disappear.

What are you thinking taking every Thursday as a cheat day????? Let me smack you now! You are either IN or OUT! If you are IN, there are no cheesey fries because you don't want to waste a couple bucks. That is a penny-wise dollar stupid move. You spend hundreds of dollars on WS products and BLOW IT with a 1000 cal appetizer. Don't kid yourself. 1000 calories! do you know what it takes to make that $#%* up?? You pack yourself a shake packet and mixer, a snack, and buy a water to mix it with. The fiercer you are, the faster you get to goal. Then, and only then, can you have your splurges.

Umm,... practicing flavors of cakes for your daughter's birthday a month away... Seriously?? I will bet anything she would rather be strolling her thinner mom into daycare, than a cool new flavor of cake. Who is that new flavor REALLY for??? Who is doing the tasting??

You go and do something great like exercise (BRAVO!) and tell yourself you now MUST eat those calories. Excuse me? Golden Rule of wt loss: consume less than you burn = wt loss. the whole point of exercise is to BURN MORE CALORIES. Also, muscle burns calories at rest. So building muscle increases your baseline calorie requirement (A GOOD THING). DON'T EAT THE CALORIES YOU JUST BURNED. ESPECIALLY if there is any chance you popped something in your mouth and didn't log it. Your exercise is offsetting any grey areas on the diet.

Next myth: Do not exercise on WS. It was designed so you don't have to exercise. I call BULLSHIT! Exercise is ALWAYS GOOD. Take the stairs. Go for a walk with your girlfriend while you chat and catch up. An hour of chatting and walking flies by. Don't be terrified of walking an extra 10 yards in a parking lot because its not the first parking spot. For God's sake, what are you going to lose but a few calories. It will energize you. If you aren't in the mood, tell yourself, "I will just start it and do 15 minutes. If I want to stop then, I can." 10 Min is better than nothing. Besides, you may just want to keep going.

You say you MUST eat all the meals, even if you aren't hungry, or you won't lose weight. Well, how is that working out for you?? You started eating less shakes and voila, you had major losses. Skipping food (esp dessert) is always ok.

Bowling is NOT exercise. you take about 3 steps every 15 minutes. Turtles move more than that, and they are not considered one of the more spry species on Earth. Your exercise tapes, jogging... NOW WE ARE TALKING!!!! YOU GO GIRL! When your daughter wants to exercise with you? Do it!! That is a Blessing from God! You said before she is your motivation. Oblige!

Irish, blaming weight gain on sodium instead of the hamburger you ate out. really?!?! Come on. You know better than that.

Now, you all know what to do. I want to here that you alll buckled down hard for the next seven days, didn't cheat one bit for SEVEN DAYS, and did some form of exercise EVERY DAY. Seven days is all I am asking for. Seven days!!! You hear me??

Don't make me come over there and beat you silly. Cuz I will. Seven days!

Now go get 'em, Tiger!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 144/143.6/134

Height: 5' 6.5"

And yes, I AM like this with my own family, if you are wondering. I helped my brother drop 100lbs and be in the best shape of his life. My mom loses 20 lbs whenever she comes to visit me.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #414  

Wow HellBent - You obviously don't really get what 3FC is about, do you? Not only that, but your views are rather misguided.

First....my weight isn't moving? Who are you to tell me that 47 pounds is not moving? I busted my arse for that 47 pounds. I was on my DEATH BED...LITERALLY...prior to WS. I have weeks were I don't move on the scale, but I move on the inches. I went from a size 3/4x to a size 1x. I think I might be doing something right, despite your claims that I am not. Oh...and maybe I should mention I meet with my doctor twice a month. HE thinks I am far above expectations, given my MEDICAL conditions. If you are referring to my TICKER, of COURSE it isn't moving...it updates in REAL time, so ALL posts reflect the SAME thing, regardless of start and current....THAT would be WHY it lists below it how many pounds lost.

Next, my Thursday "cheat" days are not cheat days in the fact that I actually cheat. They are cheat days in the fact that I have NO TIME between work and taking my kiddo to ballet to cook a healthy dinner. So, we go out to eat. I ALWAYS order a healthy meal..ALWAYS. And I ALWAYS pack up 1/2 of it PRIOR to eating so I don't ruin my caloric intake for the day. You reference the cheese fries...which was a ONE TIME ordeal. I am human. I make mistakes.

You mention cake flavors. What does it matter to you? I am a cake baker. I tend to make cakes. I tend to make different flavors of cakes. It is what I am PAID to do. I am allowed to experiment. I am allowed to see what else is out there. I am allowed to have fun while I am doing it. My taste tasters are friends and co-workers. I take ONE bite and then I am done. I DON'T EVEN LIKE CAKE! I just have to make sure the flavor isn't gross.

Assuming my kid is hefty is an insult. She borderlines between underweight and normal at all times, has since birth. She is a healthy kid, who is very active, and who is beyond bright. She will pick fruit and veggies over junk any day of the week. She doesn't get junk. She doesn't want junk. I AM raising my kid to be healthy. And it shows.

And WHO claimed not to exercise due to the diet? Not I. Not irish. We both challenge each other to stay active. I am on my SECOND round of 30DS. I went from not being able to walk up stairs to running a mile. I exercise EVERY DAY that I can, sometimes multiple times. I take my daughter out with me EVERY time. The days I don't exercise due to laziness are rare. The truth is, if I take a day off, it is because I am having ASTHMA and ARDS FLAIR UPS...and exercising on those days can LITERALLY KILL ME!!!

Bowling IS an exercise. By no means does it burn a ton of calories, but it IS exercise. You took my suggestion of incorporating bowling into an exercise routine as ONLY do that. Not so much. I was implying more so to find an activity you enjoy and find a way to turn it into exercise. Bowling just happened to be an example I used.

Assuming I eat more calories because I exercised is beyond lame. I log EVERYTHING, EVERY BITE I TAKE. My biggest problem is not eating enough calories. Before exercise, I get between 900-1100 daily. After exercise and my post workout shake, I am averaging 800-1000. The reason why all meals on WS must be consumed is because you can damage your internal organs and muscles as you force your body into starvation mode. It isn't a made up opinion. It is a scientific proven FACT.

Don't come into a thread, or a forum for that matter, and assume these things of people, upset them, and take what they are doing and turn it into them being failures. Don't do it. The people here at 3FC are PEOPLE. They make mistakes. They have failures. But they get back up. And acting all high and mighty instead of giving support is the PERFECT way to scare people off who desperately need the help. Just don't do it. Motivation is one thing. But insulting and acting like you are better is entirely different. We come here for support, to admit our failures, to seek guidance, and to agree to improve ourselves....not to get chastised and criticized.

(And just for the record, slowed weight loss is not failure. It is slowed. And happens frequently when low cal diets are combined with exercise. As long as I am steadily heading down, I am not worried, so why are you?)

Last edited by zoesmom; 05-06-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #415  

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules....especially number 9.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #416  

irish - L1D4 complete here! Bone weary as I walked/jogged for a good hour today while the wee one was at T-Ball practice, then came home and did 30DS. But feels good. My wee one greatly amused me yet again...she has decided she wants to lift weights with me, so she has one pounders and commented at least 30 times that she is going to get healthy and build muscles like mommy Of course...she also commented that I have four boobs. Upon investigation, she had noticed when I chase around after her on all fours, my stomach now hangs as if I have a second set...so I look like a dog post puppy delivery! Not sure if that is a NSV or not, but I count it at progress as it used to be all one solid huge lump. Or...would that be dogress?
Old 05-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #417  

Hellbent ^^this ^^
Quote:
Irish, blaming weight gain on sodium instead of the hamburger you ate out. really?!?! Come on. You know better than that.
Really?? Ground beef is protein, which is allowed for your lean and green meal. Perhaps YOU do not understand the WS program. Considering I lost 2 lbs the next day, yep it was the sodium. I do believe I know my body better than any one else.

And Just for the record, I would never take advice from someone like you. In 17 days I will be 62 yrs old. When you reach my age, and have been through what I have, maybe we will talk. In the meantime, you are very disrespectful.

zoesmom You are doing great!

I didn't get to 30 DS, I took the baby for a 1 hour walk, and than we went to the park for an hour.

Hope you had a good evening!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #418  

That little girl of yours cracks me up!

My left foot was bothering me when I had the baby at the park... hmm after 4 hours of walking yesterday, my little toe has a blister.

Last edited by irish51; 05-06-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #419  

HellBent - upon thinking overnight about, I think we all started off on the wrong foot. By no means do not think you are not welcome here on 3FC, because you are. We all have battles and challenges that must be fought to overcome what we have become. I suspect your post would have been better received had we known a little about you, background in the Introductions or even here. I suspect irish and I would not have gotten so defensive had we known you a little better, afterall, she and I get on each other quite regularly. From our perspective, you were an unknown discounting everything we had done over the past several months, nit-picking at our few failures that we were brave enough to admit to, instead of congratulating us on our many successes. We get that enough from strangers on the street, friends, and family. We come here to get away from it. We tend to find the encouragement to get back on track more helpful than the disdain of failure. Afterall, a stumble is not failure. Not getting back up is. irish and I are not as fortunate as you are in being only a little overweight. Both of us are battling a lifelong addiction to food. We are going to fall from time to time. But with each fall, we find the strength to go one step further than the past. In the begining, I cheated a lot. Now, I find I don't crave the pizza my hubby ordered, or the Chinese food that my roommate ordered. I don't grab chips and candy when I walk into a gas station. It takes time, it takes courage, it takes a lot of will power. Every day, I am better than I was the day before. To you, it might be a failure. To me, that is a success. If I can turn down food now that I couldn't jsut two months ago, that is movement in the right direction. WS is the tool I needed to help me overcome that addiction. To me, it isn't a quick fix. It is teaching me right from wrong eating habits. It is teaching me how to be able to maintain my weight loss when I am done using it. I refuse to quickly lose the weight only to regain it. So, I am taking it slow. I am exercising. I am learning. And it works for me. As with all diets, what works for some, does not work for all.

That being said, I encourage you to post, either here or in other threads within the various forums here at 3FC. There are a variety of threads out there that may be of interest to you. I encourage you to get to know your 3FC support community and the weird little ticks we all have. I encourage you to look through the GOAL threads. I encourage you to update us with your progress. I encourage you to reach your goal.

irish - ouch! Blisters are the worse! I got fitted for running shoes last week. Dude-Buddy who helped me out asked me about blisters when walking/jogging/running. Yeah, I gets them on occassion. Anyways, he made the comment that if you have a pair of shoes that are the right fit, despite how long you are on your feet, you shouldn't get blisters. I find that odd really, but well...worth mention I guess. No clue how much merit it actualy holds of course.

AND!!!! OH! OH!!! I WANNA BRAG!!!! I've been in a 25 week challenge and am currently on week 18. I've been running between 10th-15th place the entire time...BUT! I hit #9 this week! WOOHOO! 25.9 pounds lost in the past 18 weeks. I am feeling awesome the past couple of days! SO many NSV's and the fact I am fixing to weigh less than my husband has me on cloud freaking nine!

Have a great 100% OP day!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #420  

Quote:
AND!!!! OH! OH!!! I WANNA BRAG!!!! I've been in a 25 week challenge and am currently on week 18. I've been running between 10th-15th place the entire time...BUT! I hit #9 this week! WOOHOO! 25.9 pounds lost in the past 18 weeks. I am feeling awesome the past couple of days! SO many NSV's and the fact I am fixing to weigh less than my husband has me on cloud freaking nine!
Brag away, hon. You deserve it!
Closed Thread