Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Pancakes - Okay as is. Or improve them with 1 packet of Splenda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon imitation butter extract. MUCH better this way.

Oatmeal - Okay as is. I tend to add 1 packet of Splenda, 1 ounce extra water, and cook about 30 seconds less. Or make into muffins.

Oatmeal Muffins - YUM! Makes two servings. Recipe is in the WS book they send you. I add my extracts and Splenda, but other than that...LOVE them!

Cinnamon Crunch Cereal - Okay as is. Kinda reminds me of crunchy air though, not much taste, but hey, that means it doesn't taste bad I tend to again, add a pack of Splenda.

Chocolate/Berry Cereal - I enjoy this. No modification needed.

Berry Smoothie - kinda gross. Ordered once. Never ordering again.

Strawberry Smoothie - FREAKING LOVE THIS THING!!! REAL strawberry seeds even!!!!

***I use aspartame free shakes***

Strawberry Shake/Pudding - Better than I expected. By far the only strawberry protein shake I like. I give it a 6/10 rating.

Vanilla Shake/Pudding - Meh. I tend to prefer vanilla. Not so much on this one. But...AWESOME when mixed with diet root beer or orange soda, so I always have a pack on me for just in case.

Chocolate Shake/Pudding - Meh. Not real chocolately. I can take it or leave it. Or leave it.

Dark Chocolate Shake/Pudding - DELISH! Probably my favorite.

Mocha Chocolate Shake/Pudding - Greatly enjoy this. Second favorite.

Mint Chocolate Shake/Pudding - Greatly enjoy (sometimes makes this into a hot chocolate or put in my coffee)

Hazelnut Chocolate Shake/Pudding - Enjoy. Great in coffee.

Spicy Cheese N' Pasta - Pretty freaking tasty...yum!

Cheese Steak Macaroni - Okay. Spicy is better, but this isn't bad.

Vegetarian Joe - Better than I thought it would be. Enjoy it. Great with lettuce, a dash of cheese, and 1/2 small tomato.

Chili - hated. but then again, I hate chili, so what did I expect?

Cheesy Mac Pasta - GREAT substitution on days when you are craving mac and cheese. Careful....calories and carbs are high. I usually use 1/2 a pack as a side when I want a starch, giving my daughter the other half.

Creamy Alfredo Pasta - Surprisingly good. Again, be careful as carbs and calories run a bit high. Again, I use 1/2 when I want a starch, giving my daughter the rest.

Tomato Soup - Surprised I liked this. I prefer it cold. Tastes like a V8. YUMMY!

Chicken and Vegetable Cream Soup - decent enough. Okay when I am lazy and don't feel like cooking or traveling. But not a first choice.

Chicken and Noodle Soup - Okay I guess. Reminds me of Lipton Soups. I can take it or leave it. Makes it easy when traveling.

Marshmellow Chocolate Cookie Gourmet Bar - Meh. I've had better. I can take it or leave it.

Zesty Lemon Gourmet Bars -OH. MY. GOD. THESE. ARE. GOOD!!!

Peanut Butter Crisp Snack Bars - Decent enough. Remind me of a Reese's Cup almost.

Chocomint Snack Bars - Pretty freaking tasty.

Cinnamon Oatmeal Rasin - Run. Wash your mouth out in a hurry. Disgusting.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Snack Bars - Pretty tasty stuff here. Dense and heavy too.

Cookie Dough Snack Bars - Decent enough. I can take it or leave it.

Creamy Cookie Snack Bars - One of my favorites.

Chocolate Snack Bars - Meh. Decent enough, I guess.

Caramel Pecan Butter Snack Bars - If you touch mine, you had best be prepared to come back with a bloody stump. MINE! (nom nom nom nom nom)

Caramel Brownie Snack Bars - Yummy stuff here.

Double Chocolate Cake - You'd be better off dragging your tongue across sharp shards of glass and dog poop.

Creamy Cheesecake - save you 1 optional from dinner, using it instead for 1 tablespoon fat free cream cheese. Add it to this. Pretty freaking yummy.

Dark Chocolate Pudding - Pretty good stuffs.

Chocolate Chip Cookie - Pretty okay. Reminds me of a health bar.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Iced - Nom nom nom nom....mine.

Butterscotch Pudding - Had great potential. Someone took that potential away. Far, far away.

Caramel Pudding - Too sweet. Mix with Dark Chocolate Pudding, make two servings, and much better.

Chocolate Chip and Marshmellow Pudding - Meh. Okay, I guess.

Lemon Pudding - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....good stuff. (I was surprised by this actually.)

Toffee Creme Pudding - Wow. Uhm. This one. Yeah. It was a let down.

Hot Chocolate - Okay. Not great. Not bad.

Cappuccino - I LIKE this A LOT.

Mint Hot Chocolate - Pretty good, pretty good.

Raspberry Hot Chocolate - I've had better. I've also had worse, lot worse. I like it alright.

Berry Blend Fruit Drinks - Reminds me of Kool-Aid. Okay in a pinch, but not my run to for drinks.

Honey Mustard Dressing - Great for on the go, I only use 1/2 a packet. 1 full one is too much.

Sugar Free Syrup - pretty tasty stuff, all things considered.

That is all that I have tried to date. I fear the eggs. And most of what is left for that matter. But there you have it. My full run down. I am such a dork. And I have too much time on my hands today.

Last edited by zoesmom; 03-11-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

zoesmom, glad to see you did not disappoint with your description of the chocolate cake

Priceless

Last edited by irish51; 03-11-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #258  

S/C/G: WS 204/193/140

Height: 5'4"

Awesome!! Thanks!

I was thinking the choc cake was going to be good, but I'm not even going to touch it!!

I found with the IP foods I couldn't even swallow the soup - Still to this day broccoli is ruined for me because of that chalky broccoli soup!!

I guess baby steps with this - every week I'll get better & better!!!

It was great going to the grocery store today & actually buying some "real" food!!! & the $50 I spent went much farther than the usual couple of grocery bags full of veggies I was getting.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #259  

You are so very welcome.

Glad we could warn you off the choc cake.

Let us know what you order from WS. We always like to hear what others did and didn't like.

Baby was in a better mood after his nap, we played all afternoon.

Grandma is tired!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #260  

So today was my first day of wonderslim.. I had

Breakfast : berries and chocolate cereal which was good, vanilla shake..ehh its ok.
Snack : an apple for my fruit and i had the berry smoothie..YUCK..couldnt finish it.
Lunch: chickennoodle and chocolate bar..both yummy
Snack: chocolate pudding..yummy
Dinner: grilled salmon and grilled orange peppers, onions
Dessert : caramel pudding..it was ehhh.

what do i do about the berry smoothie, just yuckk lol how do i make it better
Old 03-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #261  

That berry smoothie sucks. This is what I did to make it better....I logged onto Diet direct, got in touch with a rep, made my complaint heard, got a replacement, threw the berry in the trash. Easy Peasy I guess you could try adding Splenda and ice, but when I learned the Strawberry Smoothie was good, I decided against that attempt.

The vanilla shake is insanely mediocre...until you add it to diet cream soda, root beer, or orange soda...THEN it rocks. Haven't tried it with coffee or tea, but it might be good with one of those maybe.

Caramel pudding is very meh. If you happen to have any of the Dark Chocolate Pudding, mix the two packs together. You then have two servings (if you freeze serving number 2, you can have a fudgecicle the next night) the taste is MUCH better.

Breakfast for me was Choc/Berry Cereal and a Strawberry Smoothie
Snack was Mint Choc Shake
Lunch Spicy Cheese n' Pasta with a Caramel Butter Pecan Bar
Snack #2 was Dark Choc Shake
Dinner was boring old leftovers of pork loin, carrots, and green beans

Uh...desert...uhm...hehehe...uhm...opps. 1 apple spice cupcake with caramel icing. HEY! I HAD TO!!! I am testing a new cake flavor for a cake request I received and I decided against "quickie" caramel and went for a homemade, so I had to compare flavors...at least I only had one! And I CAN'T let something new leave my care without a taste test first, because if it is awful, I'd feel terrible handing it over to someone for their event. (GODS I wanted the entire batch...MAN that was some delish stuff!!! Thank heavens the whole house liked it too...means it will be gone by the time I get home tomorrow between a vacationing hubby, a 3 year old, and a roommate.)

I did an hour of cardio/30DS/and abs...so I had my EAS shake.

All in all, not too shabby. I kept my net calories around 1230, despite my apple spice and caramel cupcake....

Last edited by zoesmom; 03-11-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #262  

LOL that was so cute..its okay, we all have our moments.. indulging is good sometimes =)
So my job requires me to move around, do i still need to exercise? Like after work, my feet are killing me so i cant imagine working out..

However ive considered maybe getting a stationary bike?
So what are some good lean green meal ideas?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #263  

With WS, it is advisable to NOT excercise the first couple of weeks as your body adjusts to the lower calorie limits. Be aware the first couple days are miserable as your body adjusts. It WILL get better in 3-4 days, promise. But you don't want to add extra stress to your body when it is already stressing.

As you are on your feet all day, you may need to add some extra calories into your day to ensure weight loss. If you are burning more calories than you consume, it may be counter-productive. Best thing is to get a LoseIt! account and track your consumed vs. burned to get your net. You want to keep your net between 900-1200 per day.

The thing with LoseIt! is you will likely have to adjust your allowed calorie budget in a day, I know I had to. It pegs me at 1730 a day, but I had to manually adjust it to 1300 (to account for my exercise per my doctor.) But for example, lets say it is estimated you burn 400 calories a day doing the extra running around. If you only eat 900 calories a day, your body is running on only 500...not good...and you won't lose that way. So if that was your case, you'd have to go up to 1300. Heck, you might not even have to adjust as your body is already used to running around. Everybody and every body is different.

Track your weight loss over the next two weeks. This week, expect roughly 4-8 pounds, as that is water weight. Next week, expect less. If you don't lose anything or if your weight goes up, add calories. Sounds insane, I know, but trust me on this (I know it sounds insane, I had told my doctor such when he said the same thing, only to be proven very wrong. Apparently my quack was very right.) Don't go hog wild, but you can add things such as: boiled egg whites, extra WS packet shake (the others are a once a day only item,) extra ounce of lean meat at dinner, and so on. You'll be amazed what you can find out there. For example, one of my newly discovered guily pleasures is a serving of pork skins as they are low in fat, low in calories, no carbs, low calories, fairly high in protein. Nevr in a million years thought I'd like that junk. Make sure it is only one serving though.

If you incorporate exercise after the first couple of weeks, you WILL have to add some calories. Expect to add between 100-250. My doctor had recommended EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shakes within 30 minutes of completing a workout for those needed extra calories. My favorite is the vanilla, but all of them are decent enough, and the price isn't out of this world.

My absolute favorite meal is something I had to modify with being on WS, but by George, I modified it. And now I can eat my favorite food and still lose some weight. This diet (I'm sorry, lifestyle change) is all about learning your limits and accepting them. So, that means I have to change, but it also means I have to be able to not feel guilty when I gorge. So...here is two ideas, and everyone in the family tends to eat it, so no multiple meal making:

CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
5 ounce chicken breast
1 ounce of lean ham or turkey ham
1 slice of fat free swiss cheese (or swiss soy cheese, I use soy cheese)

Either butterfly chicken breast or pound until about 1/4 inch thick. Take the chicken breast, roll it in an egg solution. Once rolled in egg solution, shake off excess and roll in Italian Bread crumbs. Put on ham slice and 1/2 cheese slice and roll the breast up, placing a tooth pick to hold it together. Sprinkle salt and pepper on to taste. Cook in oven at 375 for about 30 minutes, or until 165 degrees F. Add the rest of the cheese to the top of chicken and cook another 5 minutes.

Each chicken breast (for WS-ers) makes TWO servings. Serve with veggies. I tend to serve with garlic pepper asparagus and steamed carrots.
nutritional value - 1/2 chicken only
Calories - 262
fat - 11.2
carbs - 6.6
protein - 32

ALFREDO SAUCE
EKKK!! Did I jsut say ALFREDO SAUCE while on WS!?!?!? Yessiree I did. It is low in fat, low in carbs, low in calories, high in protein, and tastes DEVINE despite the fact it uses...GASP...TOFU!!! Helps on those days you are craving a creamy and guilty sauce...but it isn't guilty with this recipe!!!
1 - package of SILKEN or SOFT tofu (the type of tofu is REALLY important)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (low fat)
1/4 cup grated romano cheese (low fat)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
(may need to use up to 1/4 cup of milk if too thick)

Mix everything in a blender until pureed smooth. Let sit for at least an hour so flavors can mingle. Makes 4 servings (I'll admit, I tend to do two servings), and counts as a protein/meat. Warm on stove and serve over veggies (brocolli and carrots tends to be my favorite combination, 1/2 cup of each). IF you want pasta, use whole wheat only and only use 1/4 cup of pasta to count as your starch, anything more is too much in the way of carbs.
nutritional value - 1 serving and sauce only:
calories - 120
fat - 9
carbs - 3
protein - 8

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Everyone faces defeat. It may be a stepping-stone or a stumbling block, depending on the mental attitude with which it is faced.” ~Napoleon Hill
Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #264  

Wow thanks so much
Those were very helpful tips.. yeah prior to this I was on herbal magic and it worked great however Im busy and could not make meals all the time and doing it alone wasnt helpful either. I find it with wonderslim to be easy since you only have to make dinner and the rest is all easy peasy.

Whats everyones menu been so far today?
I had the cinnamon crunch cereal and cocomint cream shake with coffee
Old 03-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #265  

I just had the strawberry smoothie.. it was delish
Thank god it was nothing like the berry smoothie..again..yuck lol

Last edited by 2013ismyyear; 03-12-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #266  

Glad you have joined us. zoesmom, outlined the program really well.

Today's Breakfast: WS oatmeal cookie w/icing
WS creamy chocolate hot chocolate drink

Lunch: WS cheese steak macraroni
WS gourmet peanut butter bar

Last edited by irish51; 03-12-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #267  

Thanks so much irish
So for lunch i had the chilli and caramel nut brownie, delish

Im thinking of shrimp and salad for lean and green...what is everyone else thinkin for lean and green?

Quick question...how do I track down wonderslim foods on the "loseit" app?

Last edited by 2013ismyyear; 03-12-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #268  

Today, I rinse and repeated my meals from yesterday...except I didn't have a cupcake

My lean and green was an omelet loaded with veggies and a side salad.

The best was to track WS foods on the LoseIt! app is dull and boring...manually enter them on your account on the website. The good news, all the shakes have the same values, most of the bars have the same values. It took me about 20 minutes to add most of mine. Now, it takes 5 seconds. Set up is a buzzard. But after that, all is just peachy.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #269  

Aww thats alot of work :P
I add about 1/4 tsp of salt in my foods, is that too much? When i was on herbal magic, we were banned from salt lol it was strict with that rule.

So usually whats the avg loss of lbs per week?

Last edited by 2013ismyyear; 03-12-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #270  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013ismyyear View Post
Aww thats alot of work :P
I add about 1/4 tsp of salt in my foods, is that too much? When i was on herbal magic, we were banned from salt lol it was strict with that rule.

So usually whats the avg loss of lbs per week?
Salt is too much salt for me.

In all seriousness, you’ll need to use the salt shaker liberally, because as you lose weight you also lose water and mineral salts and that can cause your blood pressure to drop. Sea salt is the recommended choice. I still steer away from salt on most days as the sodium is high in most WS foods.

The average pounds lost per week is a tricky answer. If I said 2-5, you'd be upset if you don't lose at least two pounds every week. I won't lie....you will NOT lose at least two pounds every week. You will have weeks where you don't drop an ounce. You'll have weeks you drop 8 pounds. You'll have weeks you drop only half a pound. You'll even have weeks where you go up a pound or two.

The thing with averages is, the TOTAL average of the ENTIRE time you are on the program....so the total average is 2-5 pounds a week, but the reality is up in the air with results.

I started the program on July 17, 2012 at 293 pounds. But August 13, 2012, I was 272. I lost 15 pounds in less than a month...then I got gravely ill (unrelated to WS...daughter gave me her germs and germs plus asthma is not a great combination), nearly lost my life, and was prohibited from diet and exercise from August 13, 2012 until December 30, 2012.

I restarted on January 3rd at 278. Today, I was 257. That puts my total weight loss at 35 pounds.

If you take my averages from the times I was actively dieting (which is 14 weeks all combined), I have averaged 2.5 pounds a week....but...I had a period for SIX WEEKS STRAIGHT (after my restart in January) were I did not lose a pound. Of course, that was my fault...I added in exercise and did not adjust my consumed calories. Whoops.

So...as I said, answering the averages per week question is a bit tricky

Last edited by zoesmom; 03-12-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Closed Thread