Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #76  

Height: 5' 8"

Thumbs up

Shero,
Thanks for posting your lose it info. It's interesting to see what others eat. I need to buy some pork loin. I'm getting a bit tired of chicken.
I finally tried the Lose it! App and I really liked it. Especially the ability to scan the UPC code with my iPad camera and have it pull up the product info. So cool.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:13 AM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAA View Post
Hello everyone!!! Just got my WS 4 week box today, starting tommorrow I am so excited!!! I am determined this time, I dont want to be 40 and fat so by June 30, I am hoping to be very close to my goal!!!! Here goes!!!!!!
Welcome VAA!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Welcome VAA-

2nd week weight loss 5#-so I have lost 10# in two weeks....not a problem with me.

I am so excited.....
Old 01-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste1969 View Post
Shero,
Thanks for posting your lose it info. It's interesting to see what others eat. I need to buy some pork loin. I'm getting a bit tired of chicken.
I finally tried the Lose it! App and I really liked it. Especially the ability to scan the UPC code with my iPad camera and have it pull up the product info. So cool.
I don't have an Ipad but keying it in from the label isn't that bad.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Welcome VAA!

Shero, I love using Lose it. I have it on my phone,so throughout the day I can check to see how many calories I have used and how many I have left.

Congratulations on your 10 lbs gone!

Last edited by irish51; 01-16-2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: edited for grammer
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Kudos Shero! Job well done!

Ladies--I want to throw in a random topic here oppossed to creating a new thread. I want to know what your obstacles are. I figure if we all know each other's vices, maybe we can become a stronger support system and sounding board for the days those vices get the best of us. So, I submit to you this question:

What sabatoges your success?

For me, it is my OCD and a type A personality. I am in control of everything in my life. Except my weight. This kills me. For the life of me, I cannot get it under control. Every time I think I am kicking obesity's royal arse and getting it into my grasp, I end up sabatoging myself by convincing myself I can have that ounce of string cheese because I love cheese and I "got this." Or I convince myself that fat free frozen Greek yogurt is better than ice cream and convinently forget it still adds calories to diet.

Sure, I have slip ups, but this moments are not slip ups. A slip up, in my book, is craving pizza and gorging on 4 slices. What I end up doing is more along the line of deciding to have pizza instead of craving it, then allow myself one slice. I try to take control of my weight by telling myself my body can handle it, when in truth, it can't. The slip ups are few and far between, maybe once every 2-3 months. Me "taking control" is more along the lines of once a week. I still lose weight, but not as much as I could if I would stop this habit. I have to realize that I am not in control, else I wouldn't be as heavy as I am. But for the life of me, my OCD and type A part of me just won't let go. And tomorrow is Thursday. That is the day I convince myself I am "in control" as we have ballet that night. That means I have to take my three year old out to class and we don't get home anywhere soon enough for me to be able to make dinner, eat, clean up, and get her to bed. So...we tend to go out to Cheddar's. I always order healthy, I am talking fish, salad, or grilled chicken. I never eat any starch during this dinner, always brocolli and carrots. I always only eat half of my plate and save the rest for later. But, I never remember to tell them not to glaze the fish. I never remember to tell them not to season the chicken. I never remember to bring my low fat/low cal/low carb salad dressing. I always end up gaining 1-2 pounds from this dinner, which means my net lose for the week is usually 1-2 pound oppossed to the possible 2-4 pounds it could be if I would just opt out and figure something else out for that night.

That's my vice. That is my self sabatoge. I am sure I have more, but that is the absolute biggest one.

What's yours?

Last edited by zoesmom; 01-16-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 01-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #82  

Zoesmom:

I have read your post three times and still don't see the same thing as you do.

I also have a type A personality....I have recently accepted that I am a food addict. I knew I was a compulsive eater but never thought of it as an addiction.....until I picked up the book-The hunger fix.

The problem I have is that I cannot stop eating or just eat a little of something. Like the day I had a package of Knotts Cookies-I didn't just have one because once I had the one package-serving size-said what the heck I'll have another one because I blew it so why not do it good....that's me all or nothing.....

I have often thought the same thought-the one thing God gives me control over-food and I blow it.....
Old 01-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #83  

Shero-I guess what I am trying to say is that currently, I rank everything in two categories when I am off plan:

Slip Ups being when I lose control and completely gorge. Thankfully these are few and far between and not a real concern

Then I have control eating that I do about once a week, where I am not eating bad, per say, but I am not sticking OP, which sabotages my weight loss.

I need to start bulking them all up into slips ups, but until I can wrap my head around that, and the fact I simply do not have this control, I will continue to sabotage myself.

And yes, I agree, I have a food addiction as well. I've been saying that for years.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post

For me, it is my OCD and a type A personality. I am in control of everything in my life. Except my weight. This kills me. For the life of me, I cannot get it under control. Every time I think I am kicking obesity's royal arse and getting it into my grasp, I end up sabatoging myself by convincing myself I can have that ounce of string cheese because I love cheese and I "got this." Or I convince myself that fat free frozen Greek yogurt is better than ice cream and convinently forget it still adds calories to diet.

Sure, I have slip ups, but this moments are not slip ups. A slip up, in my book, is craving pizza and gorging on 4 slices. What I end up doing is more along the line of deciding to have pizza instead of craving it, then allow myself one slice. I try to take control of my weight by telling myself my body can handle it, when in truth, it can't. The slip ups are few and far between, maybe once every 2-3 months. Me "taking control" is more along the lines of once a week. I still lose weight, but not as much as I could if I would stop this habit. I have to realize that I am not in control, else I wouldn't be as heavy as I am. But for the life of me, my OCD and type A part of me just won't let go. And tomorrow is Thursday. That is the day I convince myself I am "in control" as we have ballet that night. That means I have to take my three year old out to class and we don't get home anywhere soon enough for me to be able to make dinner, eat, clean up, and get her to bed. So...we tend to go out to Cheddar's. I always order healthy, I am talking fish, salad, or grilled chicken. I never eat any starch during this dinner, always brocolli and carrots. I always only eat half of my plate and save the rest for later. But, I never remember to tell them not to glaze the fish. I never remember to tell them not to season the chicken. I never remember to bring my low fat/low cal/low carb salad dressing. I always end up gaining 1-2 pounds from this dinner, which means my net lose for the week is usually 1-2 pound oppossed to the possible 2-4 pounds it could be if I would just opt out and figure something else out for that night.
Zoesmom,
I can tell that these slip ups bother you. But I will tell you from an outside perspective you seem to be doing just fine. I don't think it is realistic to expect perfection. We will all have our trips and slips. I truly believe that the real test is whether you get back up and keep moving forward. I'm not saying we shouldn't work to do better but we need to give ourselves credit for ALL the things we are doing right.

I will recommend a book you may find helpful. It's called the Beck Diet Solution (train your brain to think like a thin person) by Judith S. Beck. I think there is a forum on this website for people that use the book. It isn't a diet, but tools you can use with any diet.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #85  

And to answer the question 'what sabotages your success?' For me it's letting stress get to me and using food to make me feel better.... At least temporarily. There are times when I'm stressed that I can talk myself away from food. But other times when I cave. Definitely one of my biggest struggles.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Great question, Zoesmom,

My answer to ' what sabotages my success' is boredom. When I get bored at night I tend to graze the pantry. A few chips here, a handful of crackers there, whatever I can grab.

This time is different, I have cleared the pantry of all my 'go to' foods. I keep a pair of dumbbells within easy reach, when I am bored watching TV and have the urge to graze,I grabbed the dumbbells and do bicep curls.The urge soon passes and hopefully I will have really toned upper arms
Old 01-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #87  
VAA

S/C/G: 299/288/190

Height: 5'10"

Day 2 almost done.... Going really well, I feel great except for the headache, I had a 0% chobani for AM snack instead of shake and fruit and that helped a bit. I know its partly b/c of lower carb intake, but i am also not used to aspartame, i got as many aspartame free items as I could...The WS food is really good, I was pleasantly surprised... I could have eaten the entire box of Cinnamon Raisin Bars :-) Have not been hungry :-) Its crazy the amount of food i ate while preparing kids lunches, breakfasts, and when making dinner, the past 2 days I have caught myself and it was at least 20 times... UGH....

Sabotage... After dinner, half the time I am not even hungry, but I eat just to eat b/c I am bored....I need to get some dumbells irish51 :-)
Old 01-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #88  

Here is my word for the day-awareness. How about you?

You know I am wondering why wonderslim works? It's amazing how much you can really lose.... My lose it calories say I should lose 2# a week, why did I loose 5? Not complaining at all. Just a thought.....Next week treadmill time...
Old 01-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish51 View Post
Great question, Zoesmom,

My answer to ' what sabotages my success' is boredom. When I get bored at night I tend to graze the pantry. A few chips here, a handful of crackers there, whatever I can grab.

This time is different, I have cleared the pantry of all my 'go to' foods. I keep a pair of dumbbells within easy reach, when I am bored watching TV and have the urge to graze,I grabbed the dumbbells and do bicep curls.The urge soon passes and hopefully I will have really toned upper arms
What a great idea!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #90  

It is interesting reading what gets everyone. I can see how stress and boredom can be triggers. If it wasn't for the fact I am never home due to an insanely busy life, that could easily be my vice. I guess I got lucky in that regard...I am stuck with whatever I packed in my lunch for the day. And I love the dumbbell idea, irish! Methinks I need to invest in a set...either that or a thighmaster.

VAA--the headaches WILL go away. Probably within the next day or so. I had bad migraines for the first four days of WS and then all of the sudden, they ceased. My energy was low for about two weeks, and then everything went into overdrive and suddenly I was able to do everything I had been able to do, plus some. Just stick with it, as they say, this too shall pass. Also, something I started doing with my mindless nibbling when preparing food might help you. I put gloves on when touching any food product now. Two reasons...gloves remind us of sanitary, so we don't want to touch our mouth and go back to the food, then touch our mouth, and so on. And have you ever put a latex (or rubber) gloved finger in your mouth before? YUCK!

Kudos on the 5# Shero! You are doing amazing awesome!

For me...well...today sucked. I only ate breakfast because I wasn't feeling well. And then we ended up with company over and they requested my specialty, Chicken Cordon Bleu. So...while the wild grain rice, asparagus, and carrots were actually really good for my diet, the fatty chicken, not so much. See...there's that control thing Good thing is, tomorrow is another day. I am so going to hate to weigh myself come Monday. This week has not been a good week for me....too much going on where I can't get home. You can attempt to eat healthy at restaurants, but it just never is the same. Thank heavens next week will stabilize and I can get back on track. I'll need it after this week. OH! And our Planet Fitness opened up today, so tomorrow, I will go to pick up my new membership card. Loving the thought of being a member at a gym again!
Closed Thread