Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #121  

Thanks, Zoesmom. I've already skipped the starch and will now not worry about fruit, either. This has been much slower than what I wanted. I've lost 7 lbs. in 2 1/2 weeks, bit I'll take it!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #122  

Weekly weigh-in!! Another loss!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #123  

Congrats on a good week for everyone!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #124  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAA View Post
Hi everyone!!! Official weigh in, 1 week on WS 11 lbs down!!!! I actually have no cravings, and cant wait to eat my WS food, I guess i am really on board this time, by now on any diet I have recently tried, I would have cheated...

Bettyboop56, this time I decided its for me, so for dinner I make what I want my lean and green (which I forgot how eating healthy tastes SO GOOD), and if my husband and kids dont want wat I am making, they get hot dogs, hamburgers, or something easy.... TOUGH BEANS!!!!! I have been making the crap they all want for 10 years and look where its gotten me..... I finally have come to accept its ok to look out for ME!!!!!

audio51, personally this is the easiest plan I have been on... now I cant attest to the ease of MF but i find this very easy, i eat the shakes/pudding as pudding only (because its easier, and I prefer it) For my am snack, I have been eating a non-fat Chobani yogurt, i checked the Nutritional Values vs. the shake & fruit, they are the same in protein, less fat, and a couple less carbs, and for me its easier... I have been on for a week so I have been finding things that work a little better here and there..... GOOD LUCK!!!
Good job VAA! I haven't had any cravings this time either. Or dizzies or shakes. I'm taking in way fewer calories than other diets but I'm less hungry and actually satisfied with what I'm eating. I don't know what they put in the food, but it's working. Luckily my husband is pretty easy going with food so whatever I need to eat he eats it too. Except brussels sprouts.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #125  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
audio-shhhh....don't tell anyone but I don't eat the fruit or the starch. I found that for my body, that is too many starches for me to be able to lose weight. And after I addressed it with my GP, she concurred.
I don't eat the fruit or starch either. Fruit tends to make me feel hungry soon after eating it. I also eat more than one cup of cooked veggies for dinner. I fill up half my plate with veggies and sometimes have a salad as well. Or a plate with a large salad and my protein on top.

Does anyone use Walden Farms products? Most of them have no calories, sugar, carbs, fat or gluten. I don't know how they make them and I don't want to know, but the Ranch salad dressing tastes fine for what it is and I use it lavishly on a salad. They make a lot of things that have nothing in them but I've only had the salad dressing. A friend ordered a lot of things from their website and she likes everything except the peanut butter. She said it does ok on a sandwich with jelly but not alone. Once I'm a little farther along in the program I may start using some of their products but right now I don't trust myself.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #126  

I've tried some Walden Farms products and I have to agree about the peanut butter. I wanted it to put on celery, but I think the celery might be better plain!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'5"

I have used the salad dressings and like them pretty well. The Chocolate Syrup is great in mild on on Ice Cream ( Which I can't really have now). I also tried the chocolate "sauce" and it was tolerable but not great. I wish they had the single serve salad dressing in Blue Cheese!

Oh...BTW. I just finished Day 4 and already lost 4.5 lbs!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 290/278/210

Height: 6'3"

Weekly weigh in. 280, down 10 lbs total. We use to eat out 4 times or so a week. Now I have it down to once a week. I am sure that is limiting my loss but that is OK. I also have been eating up to three fruits a day. More loss would be incredible but just keeping the loss going is good. :-)
Old 01-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #129  

I'm ready to try getting up earlier in the morning to ride my exercise bike. Should I eat something before I exercise?
Old 01-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Good job buttons, audio, and NWPhoto!!!

WF is yummy stuff. Except my body doesn't like it and I end up in the bathroom a lot. I think I am allergic to something in it. Other than that, I liked it a lot when I used it.

Julie--I always eat prior to exercising, but I think that is because I grew up in a family of diabetics (knock on wood I am not one of them so far) and could see what activity could do if food wasn't eaten first. To me, it is dangerous for that reason and that reason alone. But, barring that, apparently it is better to eat first as it jump kicks your body. Little did I know until I researched that for you. Look here and here. The mind set is if you can't fuel it, don't do it.

Today, I attempted to go one step further in my exercise. Ever since my illness back in August, I really haven't done anything but walk. I had to cancel my gym membership because we had no clue how long it would be prior to being released by my doctor to start up again. I was released the beginning of this year, only to get sick again. At least not as bad as back in August, but it still has put a damper on me getting back to the gym after I just got a new membership. I am still walking, but I don't feel that is enough. I've been hearing some amazing results on 30DS. So...I decided to do it. And yeah, it is doable. It totally kicked my butt this way and that. And I went into an asthma fit. But I totally think I can do it. And geez it kicked my butt! Did I mention that? An hour later and I am still feeling it.

TODAY'S QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Work, continuous work and hard work, is the only way to accomplish results that last.” ~Hamilton Holt
Old 01-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

I did my weekly weigh in this morning......down .2 , yep not a typo 2/10 of a pound in a week.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish51 View Post
I did my weekly weigh in this morning......down .2 , yep not a typo 2/10 of a pound in a week.

irish my dear, the scale went down. 2/10 of a pound lost is 2/10 of a pound not gained. I have had weeks, yes, weeks, where the scale bugged not at all only for the third week blow me away by an impressive 7 pounds. Don't take 2/10 of a pound as a failure. Take it as your body is adjusting. You maintained that weight loss. Plus a little extra. If you are exercising, it may have been muscle replacing fat. Or maybe you are losing inches. Or maybe it is hormones that got in the way. Whatever it is, do not let it defeat you. The only failure in life is not trying. Next week, you'll come back and kick those pounds back to whatever junk they came from. You can do it hun, just keep thinking it!

And read this, it was serious inspiration to me when I needed it the most. And then it encouraged me to try something new.

Have faith, keep at it, and you will see a difference. I promise.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #133  

Default Wonderslim food

Hello Wonderslim users?
How do you know what optional items are okay to have. I see a lot of posts where people have other items like Healthy Choice Meals or similar.
I am starting this diet tomorrow and keeping my fingers crossed it works but I know I will get sick of chicken if that is all I can have for me lean and green meal. Thanks!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleigh33 View Post
Hello Wonderslim users?
How do you know what optional items are okay to have. I see a lot of posts where people have other items like Healthy Choice Meals or similar.
I am starting this diet tomorrow and keeping my fingers crossed it works but I know I will get sick of chicken if that is all I can have for me lean and green meal. Thanks!
You have lots of options outside of chicken, you just have to be a creative cook. I do pork, chicken, fish, beef, lamb, tofu, and on occasion, I'll have a Morning Star hotdog to curb my junk fix. Your meat, depending on the fat content, is going to be between 3-4 ounces, just make sure you weigh it...it can pretty much be anything you want as long as it is lean. And then you get two veggies...just be careful to not include starchy veggies in that, as you get one starch with your meal for your lean and green.

But for optional items, the rule of thumb is one tablespoon per optional serving...be it butter, A1 sauce, salad dressing, syrup, sour cream, cream cheese, mayo...anything like that. It is the stuff that isn't an item per say, but something that makes the meal taste real. It is your fatty item that our bodies need. Obviously there is some exceptions, such as WF items, you can pretty much have however much you want. There is a book that comes with your order, boring read but has a lot of valuable information in it that can point you to the right track and has some idea on what kind of optional items you can use.

Good luck!!!! And Welcome to WS!!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #135  

Thanks Zoesmom! When it comes to meat all I can tolerate is chicken and lean ground beef, so I was thinking taco salads but can you use light french dressing or even salsa as your optional topping?
What is a WF item?
I looked at my book that came with it but didn't find much value in it and got more confused. Is it true there is a leader you can contact at anytime through dietdirect for questions?
What is your typical daily menu like?
Thanks in advance
Closed Thread