Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #391  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I hear ya. I had a girl's night on Friday. I stayed on plan, mostly. Except I ate half a cupcake. And that shot me up a pound. And I dunno what over Saturday and Sunday. I mean, I baked a red velvet cake and a German chocolate cake, but I DID NOT HAVE ANY and still had an upswing. I mean..WHAT?!? I know people joke of looking at food and gaining weight, but seriously?! So...I am at 251 this morning. I REALLY have no idea how eating only half a cupcake caused such a huge swing. I HAVE to be retaining water or something. Or maybe it has something to do with the fact I started exercising again. I dunno. But it is disheartening to see the scale swing back up by 4 pounds.

Speaking of exercising...I RAN!!! Not far, only three laps around my complex, which is about 3/4 of a mile, but, I ran! Of course, there was a callous S.O.B. parked on his tailgate that took great pleasure in jeering at me, but none the less, I did it.

I did have a pretty nice NSV yesterday though. I have a maxi dress I LOVE. And well, it is a 3X. And well, I apparently am not anymore. So, upon wanting to wear it, it kept literally falling off my shoulders. Fine. I'll go get another one. And....I LOST TWO X'S!!!!! I am in a ONE X!!!!! I was able to shop in the Misses section!!!!!!

Well...here's to a nice dreary and rainy Monday. Hope you week starts off right!

Last edited by zoesmom; 04-29-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #392  

I have been reading many of the Wonderslim posts back from 2010 and a lot of people chose this diet over the Medifast due to Wonderslim being cheaper. From what I've seen, that is no longer true. What website do you use to order and how much do you spend a month? One of my friends is on Medifast using the take shape for life people and hers is about $250/month. Thanks
Old 04-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #393  

***I think i can make either diet work for me so I'm trying to figure out the most cost effective one!***
Old 04-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Meg, I use DietDirect.com between their sales,coupons and free shipping over $49. I do pretty well. Plus I like the taste/variety of Wonderslim products.

I have never done Medifast, checking their site looks like products are around $16.95 per box. I can buy Wonderslim for $11.95-12.95 per box not on sale and around $10.45 per box sale price.

Also, they give a 5%, 10% OR 15 % automatic discount, on large orders over $99.00.

They give a 5% reward credit on every order. That 5% is put into your account when you order and can be used on future orders.

I don't know if Medifast gives any discounts, rewards, or has sales.

Last edited by irish51; 04-29-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #395  

zoesmom,
Quote:
Speaking of exercising...I RAN!!!

Quote:
And....I LOST TWO X'S!!!!! I am in a ONE X!!!!! I was able to shop in the Misses section!!
Wow,girl, you are doing great!

I went shopping with a friend the other day, found a little black short sleeved shrug. Tried it on, friend said it looked great, I checked the tag, it was a MEDIUM, I went and found it in a large, and the friend asked me if I had lost my mind..I bought the Medium.

144.8 this morning. I am not a salt user. When someone puts salt on my food, I taste it immediately. I ordered a burger Saturday night only ate 1/2 but I could taste the salt. So I am blaming 2.6 lbs on SALT

Trying to stay on plan today!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #396  

Meg - The cost more or less is a wash, given the groceries you have to purchase on either plan. The biggest thing is are you sensitive to soy...because most of Medifast items are soy based where Wonderslim is not. Oh...and the taste. MF kinda tastes well...not so good if I go off memory. A lot of MF and Ideal Protein people use WS products for their diets as the taste is usually superior. And if you follow the MF or ID protein protocol using WS (which you can do) you actually save money as the items ARE cheaper and there are discount programs through WS that is not through the the programs (MF does have a VP program where you can save some money, but it involves auto enrollment and monthly charges to your credit card.) New Lifestyle Diet is another option as well, the products are identical to WS but you have far less options. The price is a little better, but not by much.

Key difference in nutrition with MF is you don't have to take any supplements, as they are already in the food. The other items, you need to take supplements. There are debates regarding which way is more effective to get those vitamins and minerals, so you are best in making the call on which side you are with. Also, you get a slight amount more carbs with WS, which may be useful if you are prone to bad mood swings (low carb diets go poorly for those with mental issues such as depression or bipolar syndrome.)

I mainly choose WS because:
1) I can use it on any protocol I desire without adverse effects. Meaning, I don't have to use the WS diet manual if I want to do Ideal Protein.
2) Overall, especially with doing a different protocol, the price is substantially different
3) Once rewards are calculated in, I get a heck of a deal. My most recent purchase, for three months of supplies, was only $589.
4) The taste is superior to most everything else I have tried...and I have tried a lot
5) The customer service is off the chain. You got a problem, they fix it. No questions asked. Far better than the competition.

The biggest con I have found is there is no online support system for WS. But that is okay. I have 3FC

Last edited by zoesmom; 04-29-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #397  

irish - YEAH for a size MEDIUM!!!! Hey, you exercising today? 30DS is calling my name again after two months of a pulled groin muscle. Running has me craving a butt kicking session. You game?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #398  

zoesmom Darned if you didn't get here first...I was going to challenge you to 30DS. Yes, I'm game! I started this afternoon.

L1D1 done

I forgot what the first day felt like. I upped my weights from 3.5 lb to 5 lbs

Last edited by irish51; 04-29-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #399  

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish51 View Post
I forgot what the first day felt like. I upped my weights from 3.5 lb to 5 lbs

^^^^^I SECOND THIS^^^^^
I actually had upped it right there towards the end and WOO NELLY!

Good for you I never got around to it. My kiddo saw me turn it on and started going buggy for a walk/jog session. Normally, I would tell her to join me or leave me alone, but BOTH my roommate and husband quit smoking cold turkey yesterday and her whinning was NOT doing them any good and was aggitating me. So...kiddo and I walked two miles and jogged half a mile. I had full intentions of doing it once we got back home but all chaos broke loose...the freaking cat, who has had surgery twice in the past month, ripped her freaking ear open because she will NOT leave it alone (I guess she hates the tube and stitches and the cone of shame has up and vanished.) So...emergency trip to the pet hospital we go, 2 hours and $350 later, I came home and crashed in bed.

But! I will NOT be detered today! I want my butt to be kicked. I wanted it last night. Life just got in the way.

Last edited by zoesmom; 04-30-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #400  

Totally understandable...good for you hanging out with the little one.

I watched the baby yesterday, weather was beautiful, so we went to the park for an hour. My son was not feeling well, so he left work and picked up my grandson early. That's why I had the time to start 30 DS yesterday. Usually I do not exercise on the days I have him, chasing after him is more than enough for me.

I felt so good this morning after starting up again. I forgot how tight my abs feel after letting Jillian beat me up.

Oh got on scale this A.M. down -2 lbs. 142.8

It really was the salt!!!

Last edited by irish51; 04-30-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #401  

Glad you saw a decrease in in your weight! Keep it up!

I just did L1D1. Not as bad as it was the first go around. Felt good. Real good. Sore, but not anywhere like it was that first day.

And I have a confession...I hate exercising. but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pain in my body after a good workout. So, I've gotten to where I am doing more intense stuff lately. Sick and twisted, I know.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #402  

L1D2 completed. I agree, not as bad as first time.

I wasn't going to workout today, because I was really tired,but then I kicked my own butt. I told myself it's only 20 minutes.

Glad I did it!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #403  

I am glad you did too

I am going to alternate every other day, so I can get my runs in without overduing it. So, today it will be the track...pending no more issues with my husband.

So...we made a deal way back when that if I could hit 50 pounds, he would quit smoking. As I near the 50 pound mark, he sets his quit date, which was this Monday, cold turkey. His main driving factor is the girl is starting to imitate him and he is upset over that. Monday went well, all things considered. He was a little moody, but nothing too bad. Yesterday, he was acting weird...and around 7 last night, he got down right...odd. Come to find out, he had been using his ambien as valium and had taken TEN through out the day to "calm down". Needless to say, I wasn't happy over that. but, I figure he was a grown man, so I didn't say anything.

Well, we all go for a walk, him, the neighbor, the girl, and I. He INSISTS on going on a small trail through the woods despite my reluctance because this is the time of the year snakes are most active (ex-avid camper here, I KNOW) and the girl's obvious fear of the approaching dusk in said woods. We go anyways, after he puts the girl up on his shoulders. Meanwhile, I am getting more and more nervous about this because he is swaying and having balance issues. The neighbor more or less is sitting ontop of my husband, afraid of leaving his side, so the girl doesn't get dropped. Meanwhile, my husband thinks everything is just peachy and we are over reacting. We go down the trail and my husband, who is in flip flops, discovers a fire ant mound, and proceeds to smash it with the girl on his shoulders to "teach her a lesson about ants." At this point, I lose it with him. I do not have my Epi-pen with me and I have right at NINE minutes to get help if I get bit and here he is, playing with fire ants, in flip flops, swaying back and forth, with our girl on his shoulders. If he had gotten attacked and dropped her, my first reaction, REGARDLESS of who was around us, would be to swoop in and save my kid...meaning I would have gotten bitten...and we were a good 20 minutes from anywhere I could get help. I LOUDLY voiced my opinion, demanded he put her down, and if he wanted to play with ants, fine, but do it with the kid NOT on his shoulders. At this point, I was LIVID with him. I risked it by stepping in and taking her from him before storming out of the woods to go home. The way I see it, he risked my daughter's safety and my life. He thinks I was overreacting and he doesn't see what the problem was because he was showing her how ants can swarm. Fine. Teach her. NOT ON YOUR SHOULDERS! Anyways, that caused a huge stink as neither of us are willing to budge.

SO...then we all are home and he proceeds to tell me that he has never felt wanted or loved in his entire life, that I treat him like garbage, that I always step over him and change the rules and never allow him to discpline our kid and that I undermind him ALL the time. Of course, that stings, pretty hard actually. I ask him why he has never approached any of this with me in the past and he claims he brings it up often but I never listen....but....no...he hasn't. He's always told me that out of all his relationships, I am the only one that treats him as an equal and that is one of the things he loves about me. And to confuse and crush me even more, he proceeds to say that I never let him have final say in anything...but...I ALWAYS go to him for EVERYTHING. I mean....I can't make decisions easily. I HAVE to have some one to bounce things off of. He throw my diet up in my face and told me that I started it not even considering if he would approve or not...but he is the one who told me that we would make it work, that he knew something needed to be done after last August.

Last night ended with me feeling like a trapped child again, feeling like my emotionally and mentally abusive dad was in that room just making me feel less than a quarter of an inch high. Several times, he got up and angerily yelled that he would just leave since it was obvious I didn't want him around...and I was ASLEEP! I....know it was the withdrawl hitting him last night...but my god....I can't do that. I can't feel like that abused kid again.

I lied to my husband for the first time ever last night and feel down right disgusting for doing it. I hid his ambien and told him I hadn't seen it. He proceeded to go in a rage and destroy the house looking for it for over three hours. Then started blaming everyone who has been in our house in the last 48 hours of taking it. He was beyond scary, he was beyond paranoid, he wasn't the man I feel in love with. And he doesn't see how he was out of line. He only sees that I was accusing him of all these weird allegations...like I apparently mentioned I was afraid he would slit our throats. I never said that. I never feared that...at least, not until he mentioned it. My husband is a sweet, gentle, caring man. Last night was...something else. I really don't want to go home today. He really has me messed up mentally right now. I've known him for 8 years and I have NEVER seen him like that.

And this morning...the girl threw a fit over getting dressed. He picked an outfit out for her that she has never worn since day one because she doesn't like it. He went into a rage, calling her a "B*tch" and a "C*nt" and he was terrifying her as he was pinning her down trying to force the clothes on. He has NEVER been abusive. Never. And again, all I could think of was when I was a kid.

My husband is horrifying right now. If this is what stop smoking does to him, I'd rather him die of lung cancer. I can't take this. I grew up in it. I am not going to live my adulthood in it as well. And I am not going to put my kid through it. If he isn't calm by this afternoon, I am getting a hotel room for a few days. I just cannot do this. He has no clue. Just not a one.

I am so sorry I spilled so much personal info...I just have no one to tell. All my friends and family wouldn't believe me he did that because it isn't him. And likely, no one who doesn't know him would believe he really is a nice guy. I am in a no win situation right now.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #404  

Well, yesterday went much better. Hubby confronted me and asked what happened the night before as he has no memory of ANYTHING but had a deep sense of shame and wasn't sure why. And he was confused on why his left leg is COVERED in fire ant bites (oh...THOSE....the ones I was getting pissed about...) Of course, now he feels like a complete @$$, but he himself flushed his ambien so as to not so that again. He left and went to a hotel but ended up back home sometime between when I fell asleep and I woke up this morning. I think he's going to be alright...but man o man...if he ever touches another cigarette and then says he is going to quit, I am going to break his bloody neck.

Anyways, enough about that. Scale budged slightly. Still up from the 247 I was at last week, but at least it is budging down. Oui....retaining water or SOMETHING!

How are you hanging in there?
Old 05-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #405  

I am so sorry I wasn't able to respond yesterday. I did have a chance to read what you wrote and had wanted to say that I thought it was probably the medication. Not an excuse, because when takings meds we all need to be responsible. Glad things have improved.

You know quitting smoking is not easy for some. I was a smoker, I quit 2-1/2 yrs ago. For me, it had just become a habit of sitting at the computer and having a smoke (of course, I was in my home office with windows open, I never really smoked in the house, until after my husband died.) I finally made up my mind that I needed to quit. I did get one of those electronic cigarettes...it was more for holding something in my hand while reading the compute screen. I gave that up when it stopped working. Basically, I quit cold turkey, but a lot of people cannot do that. Maybe, he should try the electronic cigarettes or the patch or even speak to his doctor.

Okay that was my 2 cents.

So, yesterday it was 82 degrees here, I needed to go to the hardware store to get a price on somethings. I came home, decided to drain the pool cover, and than remove it. Which meant scrubbing it down, letting it air dry, flipping it around and repeating. Once the sun dried it, I had to fold it up--of course that's when the winds picked up. After fighting with the cover and wind, I finally got it packed away. I have been trying to fix my lawnmower, because I don't want to buy a buy a new one. I hit a couple rocks last year, and it was making lots of noise. Anyways, after working on it, I decided to try it out and ended up cutting the entire lawn. Than I went back and raked out the dead spots and seeded them. I didn't get back in the house until 6:45 P M, by the time I showered, let the dogs out and made myself dinner, I was exhausted. Needless to say, no 30 DS, I had enough exercise!

Stupid scale still says 142.8 I would think after all the work I did, I should have lost a pound, but nope, didn't happen.
Closed Thread