3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Wonderslim 9

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #361

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5' 0''

Thank you. It was the 10th anniversary...some days it seems so long ago, and some days it seems like yesterday. We were high school sweethearts. I met him when I was 15, he was 17. We married when I was 18-1/2 and he 20. We were married for over 33 years, when he died.

This will seem odd, but I am always surprised by the fact that I am still here. It's hard to explain, but when he passed, I did not believe I would survive.

Now I have been thrown into this world of "dating", which is beyond weird at this age. I could tell you some very funny stories, but you would probably not believe me.

Actually, I think one of the reasons that I subconsciously allowed myself to gain weight, was because I felt that I would not attract attention. I know, kind of crazy, but I lost my confidence when my husband died.

Quote:
Stupid YogurtLand.
Funny how some of these places call your name, right? Bribes are good, aren't they??

For every 5 lbs
Old 04-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #362

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish51 View Post

Actually, I think one of the reasons that I subconsciously allowed myself to gain weight, was because I felt that I would not attract attention. I know, kind of crazy, but I lost my confidence when my husband died.

Interesting you would say that. I know for me, I have long wondered if I allowed myself to balloon up 150 pounds was lack because of confidence. I used to be insanely fit, very athletic, on teams, vegetarian, a full on health-nut. Then, in a span of two years, life hit me a curve ball. I was in a horrific wreck that caused permanent damage to my left knee. Two surgeries later, and it still always hurts. They want to put a metal joint in, but I am just not ready to go back under the knife for my knee...that is the WORST pain. To top that off, my boyfriend, high school sweetheart, and love of my life (or so I thought) dumped me shortly thereafter for my best friend. As if that wasn't enough, I was then told that my lifestyle and choices was killing me as I was developing an iron and protein deficiency. Having grown up in a family of carnivores, I was never properly trained on how to be a vegetarian, and most of the time, I was subjected to whatever they ate minus the meat. Once I was on my own, I continued that eating pattern. Instead of properly educating myself, I had assumed that the doctor had meant I needed to eat meat. In ONE year I ballooned almost a HUNDRED pounds just by adding meat into my diet. After that...the pounds just kept coming on. I'd try this diet here or there, but I never had the will power or the energy or the confidence to see it through. Or, what if I managed to lose the weight and then it came back on? All that effort would be for nothing.

And then...just when I had managed to lose 53 pounds, I found out I was pregnant...when I had been told just weeks prior that I was likely sterile do to wonderful genes. Because of my weight, I was thrown on bed rest. No exercise. Highly restricted diet. I still managed to gain all the weight back (funny how lack of exercise will do that.) A premature baby, and two years of breast feeding, and I weighed more than I had EVER weighed in my life. I just gave up.

It took nearly dying last August to set me straight. Funny how life likes to throw those curve balls at us. Here I had thought life just wanted me to get by. Turns out, it wanted me to realize I had purpose, but purpose is worth fighting for.

You are an amazingly strong woman. Just for what it is worth. I am glad that you are my partner in this....through thick and thinner.

And I would love to hear a few of those stories. I could always use a good laugh (of course, I'd be laughing with you and not at you)

Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13
Stage 2: Moderate Obesity BMI - completed 11/26/13; ONDERLAND; Overweight BMI
Stage 3: work in progress

One for every 10 pounds lost:

Last edited by zoesmom : 04-11-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #363

oh...NSV....Three years ago I had a breast reduction surgery and went from a 46FFF or 46GG to a 44DD.

I'll be honest, I've been leery of bra shopping ever since I broke down and bawled my eyes out in a store when I couldn't find a bra that fit and was told I needed a custom made one. So...been a while. I've been running on really old and really ratty bras due to that embarrassing moment in my life. Horrible confession just now.

Any who...HAD to go bra shopping today. Bras are getting just to derned big!!!! And I refused to ask to be fitted because I didn't want to have to explain why I had no clue how big my boobs are and why my bra is so old and ratty. I first tried on a 42DD. No dice. Then a 42D. No dice. And on and on. I am finally fit comfortably in a 38D! AND moved from the three prong bra to the two prong bra!!!!! I have NEVER been in a two pronged bra...boobs have ALWAYS been too massive for that! AND! If I was just half a centimeter smaller, I would have fit in a 36D. As it is, the 38D is on the tightest notch. YEAH ME! I so needed that boost

Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13

Old 04-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #364

So uh....this is insanely good and gets rid of my McDonald's craving....

* 1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 1 teaspoon minced dry onions
* 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
* 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
* 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded

Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #365

Quote:
I am glad that you are my partner in this....through thick and thinner.
Thank you..I feel the same.

Congratulations on the NSV..that is awesome.

I really believe that lack of confidence is the reason many gain weight. Combine that with food addictions, stress, etc. you can create the perfect scenario for weight gains.

My son picked up the baby a little while ago, I jumped in the shower and did my hair and makeup, now I have to grab something to eat, because tonight is my once a month bowling league. I don't feel like going, it is cold and rainy outside, but I keep telling myself it is great exercise.

Recipe looks good, maybe I will try it over the weekend!

For every 5 lbs
Old 04-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #366

Blech. I need to start exercising again. I had stopped four weeks ago due to a very painfully pulled groin muscle. Then, the last two weeks...the roommate's boyfriend was here and for some reason, I REALLY didn't want to work out in front of him. Need to actually USE my gym membership one day....anyways...groin mostly feels better but now my back hurts. And my back pain feels like it did when I was close to 300 pounds...I weigh too much and I don't have enough muscle to support it. So, I think today, I shall start up again.

Got to take my kiddo to the cardiologist today. Got to get some veggies from the store. And going to work out. Yep. That's the plan. Hope your day goes 100% OP!

Old 04-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #367

Quote:
I need to start exercising again.
We must be twins!

I, also, stopped. I was doing so well, and then I was watching the baby one day, and I was too tired, which led to another day and another excuse and well, here I am.

That being said, I gained a couple pounds. Yesterday, I really buckled down and went strict on the WS program, so I am down over a pound this morning.

I had the baby, on Monday, ended up keeping him over night, so I am waiting for him to wake up this morning.

Hope you got your work out done, I obviously didn't !

For every 5 lbs
Old 04-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #368

Nope. I didn't. But it wasn't because I didn't want to. It's because I shouldn't. I've been doing tons and tons of reading and research. I addressed my stalled out weight with my doctor. And we both think I am getting too many carbs. I mean, seriously! I can maintain like no tomorrow. But losing?? GAH! So...we've altered my plan even more so. I can no longer say that what I am doing resembles the WS diet...although I still use the products just fine. He has me following a plan that is very similar to Ideal Protein now...the main difference being I am going through his recommendation and not that of a clinic. Oh...and he REALLY doesn't want me working out right now with the pollen being super high and me having a history of super bad asthma attacks/hospitalization.

I kinda like it. I get to munch on a lot more "real" food during the day and I don't feel like I am eating when I am not hungry. The thing with WS was, I got to where I was NEVER hungry, so I'd have to force myself to eat...or, what I actually was doing was not eating because I was not hungry. Hence, no weight loss. Now, I am only eating 4 times a day, instead of 7, and it helps. I get two shakes a day and a snack or whatnot. AND...oh lord I love this part...I now have enough WS product to last the rest of the year instead of just 4-5 months. It doesn't increase my grocery bill all that much and oh, I love the thought of saving money.

But yeah, not OP with WS, but still using the products. I'm hoping I can say good bye to the 250's. I've been in this range for most of this year now...I am so ready to move on.

Last edited by zoesmom : 04-16-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #369

Well, as you know, I am doing WS on my own, no doctor, no clinic, no help. That's why I have to keep tweaking things to see what will happen.

I placed a 4 week order yesterday, hoping this will be my last. I have the same problem with the program...I get to the point where I skip meals because I am not hungry, and as you said, then there is no weight loss.

I do need to exercise again, because I can feel the difference in my body. I was beginning to feel lean (key word : beginning ). Now, not so much.

Quote:
I'm hoping I can say good bye to the 250's. I've been in this range for most of this year now...I am so ready to move on.
I know what you mean. I have been stuck in the 140's forever. My brain doesn't like it, but my body seems to love it!

For every 5 lbs
Old 04-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #370

If you are skipping meals, you should skim through some of the Ideal Protein alternative products pages here on 3FC, if you haven't already. That's what I did before approaching my doctor with it. Basically, it is the same thing, but not so much at the same time. And OH! It is so nice to not have to eat every 2-3 hours and much nicer not having to force myself to eat when I am not hungry.

Like....now my days consist of:
1 shake for breakfast
1 shake for lunch plus 2 cups of approved veggies and unlimited lettuce
1 snack
6-8 ounces lean meat plus 2 cups of approved veggies and unlimited lettuce

No milk, no fruit, no starches...but I had ommited those anyways, so what's really all that different? Have to make sure to take vitamins (which I was doing anyways) plus potassium. But Eh, whatever. I was doing that anyways too.

I'll put it like this...I took a two week scale break...jumped on the scale last Thursday and was at 260! Jumped on it today...AND I HIT MINI GOAL #2!!! 250!!!!

It might not be for you. Lord knows I sweated if it would be for me. But something HAD to give, so as they say, desperate people do desperate things...and so far, not as bad as I had imagined.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #371

Quote:
.jumped on the scale last Thursday and was at 260! Jumped on it today...AND I HIT MINI GOAL #2!!! 250!!!!
OMG, you lost 10 lbs in a week?

CONGRATULATIONS, that is fantastic.:br avo:

I did get on the scale this morning and I am down to 142. Which means I have hit a total of 30 lbs gone !

I may try this with the shakes. You're right not much changes. I cut out the fruit, and all that, a while ago. What do you have for your snack?

For every 5 lbs

Last edited by irish51 : 04-17-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #372

YEAH!!!!!! 30 pounds gone forever!

Yeah. 10 in a week. And this morning it is 249.4...so still dropping like mad.

I read on the forums that you can have two-three unrestricted items and one restricted item a day.

I've been POURING through the IP threads, lurking mostly, but this is the rule of thumb: Basically look for about 15 gr protein, 8 net carbs or less would be unrestricted, 9 grams carbs or more is restricted. You should also make sure the fat calories are not more than 30% of the overall calories.

That means, I eat my shakes as my unrestricted, and either a bar, or a cookie, or one of the meals or whatnot as my unrestricted.

Check here for the phases and nuances.

I'll be honest, I don't know what I am doing...but I figure if put my stuff/thoughts on paper, present it to my doctor and he says, "Sure," then, I must at least be doing something right. And I've been READING like mad on IP. A week in, and it has seriously jump started my very stalled out weight loss.

Last edited by zoesmom : 04-18-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #373

Thanks.

Quote:
I'll be honest, I don't know what I am doing...but I figure if put my stuff/thoughts on paper, present it to my doctor and he says, "Sure," then, I must at least be doing something right. And I've been READING like mad on IP. A week in, and it has seriously jump started my very stalled out weight loss
You may think you don't know what you are doing...but it is working! At this rate, you will blow right through the 240's. I am so excited for you.

Honestly, I started reading those threads a couple weeks ago. I confused myself (must be an age thing! ). I think I will print out the Phase 1 sheet and try to go from there. I am a really visual person, so it has be right in front of my face!

For every 5 lbs
Old 04-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #374

LOL! I understand that. My hubby is the same way. I am very kinetic with a touch of visual...but I have to do to really get. And numbers. If there are numbers, I can get my head around it like no tomorrow (with the exception of calculus.) How dare someone invent a math that goes against EVERY OTHER MATHEMATICAL CONCEPT and reverse EVERYTHING one has ever learned about math!!!! If you can't tell, I am still rather bitter over my Advanced Calculus class way back when in high school destroying my 4.0

Anywho...yesterday was my scheduled cheat day due to ballet. Normally, I never ever have a problem with my cheat days...I still order healthy, I still get everything plain, still get my to go box, yadda yadda yadda. Except, yesterday, my hubby changed the game up on me. He ordered his usual Texas Cheese Fries as an appetizer...which means I eat one, him, the girl, and the friend that meets us eats the rest. Except, this time, he ordered his fries AND a BIG bowl of potato soup. And THEN the friend ordered a bowl of soup. And a four year old can NOT polish off that many Texas Cheese Fries. And I can NOT watch a $7 appetizer get chuncked (and it does NOT reheat well.) So...alas...I ate a TON of Texas Cheese Fries. And, even prior to dieting, I've never liked fries, much less fries coated in greasy cheese and bacon (I HATE bacon---blame it on when I was a vegetarian, but the stuff is GROSS!) So I ate a ton of something I don't like just because I didn't want to see it go to waste. How sad is that?!?!

Anyways, ordered my norm of salmon with two serving of brocolli, didn't finish it, went home feeling very gross and upset thinking the scale was going to bounce back up. Even more upset as I near the 50 pound point...as hubby and I made a deal...if I can make it to 50 pounds, he can quit smoking. That's important to me...being a severe asthmatic, I can't stand being around him a good chunk of the day or I have an attack. I kinda wanna be around him. And then..the girl has gotten to "pretend" smoking. I am NOT cool with that. I am actually rather pissed over that, to be honest. So...I HAVE to hit the 50 pound mark.

Move forward to this morning and...my ramble was for naught. I maintained my weight of 249.4! Dunno how...but I will SO take it!

Hope you have a great 100% OP day!

Last edited by zoesmom : 04-19-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #375

That's terrific, that you were able to maintain.

Hope that happens for me..my oldest son is in town, we are all meeting at my youngest sons place tonight. I have a feeling dinner will be ordered in (read pizza).

I am holding steady at 142, but Saturday may be a different story

For every 5 lbs
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.