Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 215/215/180

Height: 5'11"

I am a veggie lover, too. I did NutriSystem years and years ago and found that all of their entrees were best when served over a bed of steamed veggies. Think I will make that a habit with this plan as well. No one ever got fat eating broccoli and cauliflower, and I have a feeling that the fiber will be a good thing as well - I'm surprised how little fiber is in most of the WS stuff.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #317  

Thanks zoesmom. I bought the BW variety pack pudding shakes and bars, plus xtra banana pudding shakes. And the WS variety bars. I'll try the variety packs first. If I can't handle them, they will be returned. I used a credit card to pay, so if they (DD) give me return hassle, I'll contact my CC.

DD said I can returned any un-opened box.

ETA: The only shakes I am using are Syntrax Nectar, zero carbs, no sugar, 23g of protein in a measured 32g scoop. I measure everything and place in baggies to take to work. This is the best shake I have ever had.

I just wanted pudding and bars to replace 1-2 shakes a day, but limit myself to 1 bar a day as they are higher in calories.

Last edited by CosmosHuman; 03-20-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zGirl21 View Post
I am a veggie lover, too. I did NutriSystem years and years ago and found that all of their entrees were best when served over a bed of steamed veggies. Think I will make that a habit with this plan as well. No one ever got fat eating broccoli and cauliflower, and I have a feeling that the fiber will be a good thing as well - I'm surprised how little fiber is in most of the WS stuff.
And that's why you need to eat your fruit, starch, and veggies. Although, I add 1 tsp. of psyllium husks to my shakes. Ideally, you'll want to use 1 tsp. per 8 oz. of liquid. Psyllium is a rich source of insoluble fiber, which helps to lower cholesterol and encourage regularity. This herb may also improve blood glucose levels, reduce high blood pressure and relieve gastrointestinal conditions like irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids and ulcerative colitis. Sometimes, I add a little flaxseed, but given that is an aquired taste, you may want to hold off on that. Pretty much, just make sure you get at least 25g a day. If you eat the starches, veggies, and fruit, that is a guarantee. If you leave any of that out, find a plain fiber supplement and add it to your shake. It will builk it up a little and turn it almost into a milk shake. If you opt for Metamucil, the orange tastes okay in the chocolate shakes (not my favorite, but okay none the less.)

cosmos - bah. You can return ANY box, opened or not. Hassle free. Although, they will ask if you plan to order again, and if you say yes, they will tell you to keep the box and give you instructions on how to order your next order so that price comes off. By hassle free, I really mean hassle free. Now, obviously, if you used 6 packs out of 7, they likely won't take kind to that, but I've returned a box with as much 3 missing. But seriously, easiest company EVER to get your money back on if you are not fully satisfied. They take their customers seriously. Main reason I am still there.

Last edited by zoesmom; 03-20-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #319  

zoesmom, Thanks for the info. That gives me more faith in humanity. Sometimes when I order from amazon (re-seller, not amazon proper) I have had hassle on returns.

I'll give them a try, they should arrive here at my work tomorrow via fedex ground.

I had hit and misses with the MF bars. The MF meals were awful, and I really hated the oatmeal. I know they have made some improvements since 2010, and their prices are extremely high. I'm a social worker, not a doctor!

Pretzels are a trigger for me, I'd eat a case, so none of them for me.

Next Monday I have a family dinner to attend. I'll have shakes during the day and then just have meat and veggies for dinner. No cars, well I'll try.

It takes me nearly three days to achieve ketosis and just a poor choice to ruin it.

Also. I love SF jello. Is there a limit?

I know losing 20# or a little more sounds easy, it isn't for me. I got down to 136 and bought all new clothes and nothing fits me. I went from a 14-16 to a 6. I know some makers "vanity size", I think Old navy does. So before May, I have to lose the weight. I really can't afford to buy new clothes.

Losing 20# will be better for my sore knee as well. People tease me and they say I look fine now, but I feel awful. I know when I used to weight 250#, I felt like I was going to drop dead. I started going back to the gym this week, just doing 45 minutes treadmill 3-4x a week to start. I had surgery last week on my sinus, not cancer, and awaiting the OK from the doctor to life weight again.

I never want to weigh 250# again!

Last edited by CosmosHuman; 03-20-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #320  

Hello all my wonderful wonderslimmians
So the final results are in..after 1 week, I have dropped.... yeah I dont know. LOL.
My scale is a little off and I need to buy a new one but by the looks of it, id say I lost about 5 lbs. (Scale says I lost 7 lb then 6 lbs then 8 lbs so lets stick with the lowest)

Im making the oatmeal muffins now, do we eat only one muffin for one breakfast serving?
What are you all up to today?
Old 03-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

zoesmom Congratulations! WE'VE got this

cosmos!

2013 Yep 1 muffin= 1 serving. Great minds think alike. I made these this morning and had 1 for breakfast.

zGirl like zoesmom, I also skip the fruit and starch on the plan. I add more vegetables to make up for it. Sometimes I skip the morning snack, also. I am usually not hungry, and it is too much food for me. So basically, I do WS breakfast, WS for lunch, after working out I will do afternoon snack WS shake or bar (need the protein).. if my workout is intense like 30 day shred I will do the EASAdvantEdge instead, than a lean & green dinner, and usually a aspartamee free shake/pudding later.

Waiting to hear from the kids. The baby is down at Children's Memorial in Chicago for an MRI this morning. It was scheduled for 10:30 AM but they did not take him until about 11:15 AM. He hasn't been able to have any food since about 7:30 PM last night. He was born with 2 vertebrae that did not fuse. He has a small lump on his lower back. So far he has been able to crawl and walk..so he is doing well. They have been monitoring him since birth. He will likely be operated on at around the age of 2.

Also, waiting on the Fedex man. Placed my Diet Direct order Monday, and should be here in about 10 minutes.

1ST DAY OF SPRING... 16 DEGREES (-2 WITH WIND CHILL). I live in the NW suburbs of Illinois.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #322  

My package arrived today, FEDEX. Tried the pudding, Bari-wise dulce de Leche. Tasted not too bad, like Jello SF pudding made with skim milk, but I used very cold water. Mixed it in a MF cup, let it sit. Thickened up a bit, but I didn't leave it sit too long. Had it as my second meal today. Had a Nectar shake for breakfast, 2 cups of coffee, and my required diet Coke.

I know the bars are higher in calories, and will use them after I have dropped a little bit more weight.

Does Diet Direct have monthly sales?

I will give reports on the products as i try them.

I am trying to mirror the MF 5-1 program, but I am usually drinking 6 Nectar shakes, especially when I work out in the gym.

I just could not afford the MF products, even the eBay prices have exploded. So, right now, I am doing 5-6 Nectar shakes and one pudding, and one LG meal.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #323  

cosmos Diet Direct has weekly sales and also does some promos.

Weekly sales start Monday - Sunday.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #324  

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish51 View Post
cosmos Diet Direct has weekly sales and also does some promos.

Weekly sales start Monday - Sunday.
Not only that, but keep your eyes open mid week next week...they tend to have very short sales (about 2-4 days) around holidays...I suspect we will see one for Easter (which is when I plan to place my next order so not to lose my accumulated reward points.)
Old 03-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #325  

Grumble. I want to add an extra jumpy dude to my signature line and change my chick to 40 pounds...ONE...MORE...POUND. GAH! Seems like it has taken forever. Stupid freaking crazy six week plateau...fppt mrph blarp quoirk......
Old 03-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #326  

S/C/G: 215/215/180

Height: 5'11"

So far I have tried the cinnamon crunch bar, peanut crunch bar, fudge graham crunch bar, spicy mac, dark chocolate shake and the pretzels. Everything has been delicious! I was particularly surprised by the pretzels as quite a few people have commented that they were chalky - I didn't think they were at all. My chili is "soaking" for lunch - plan to eat it over a cup of steamed cauliflower.

Good stuff!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:06 AM   #327  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zGirl21 View Post
My chili is "soaking" for lunch - plan to eat it over a cup of steamed cauliflower.

Good stuff!
Chili over cauliflower? That's a very... interesting combination you have there, lol. Just thinking about it, the flavors don't seem like they'd go together much but I can't knock it until I try it. Will definitely add that to my to do list. I'll try anything.... once. Well almost anything.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #328  

Diet Direct is having a Flash Sale, 10% off WS, ends 3/23/13 @ 7pm EST.
Code: WSFLASH10

So far, the BW strawberry cheesecake bar was very good. I have had the double chocolate and banana puddings and they are good as well.

Today I will try the choco chip and strawberry puddings.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #329  

Yeah, I saw that sale. Looking into a 3 month buy as all my reward points plus other discounts will hover me at $600 on the nose. After that, I think this might be my last WS purchase. I am only using it as a tool to get over my food addiction and to help lose some weight. I KNOW I can count calories, I just have to be in control when I do count them. I am getting there. Yesterday, I only had one itty bitty square of a Hershey bar and then put the rest up. Never thought of it again. I had one slice of pizza. Put the rest up. Never thought of it again. I need to learn my boundaries. and WS has most certainly helped me learn. I just need a little more time, but by George, I think I got this. (love the strawberry cheesecake bar too)

I weighed in this morning at 252.4. I have lost nearly 5 pounds this week alone, and my official weigh in isn't until Monday. I am so on cloud 9 right now. I am officially at 40 pounds total lost. WOOHOO!!!!

I have a very upset little girl right now. We had to take her cat to the vet in a hurry this morning. We went to go clean her ears as her ears were laid back only to find a hematoma on them. My god it was huge! Anyways, the vet has to do surgery, cat has to stay over night. The cat has been my daughter's best friend and the two have been sleeping together since Zoë could crawl. Zubs is very upset that she won't be able to sleep tonight because the cat isn't her...and she is upset as she thinks we gave the cat away. How do you explain things like this? I mean, when I was in the hospital, she was okay with it. But the cat? Man, that kid is upset. Breaks my heart.

anyways, hope you all have a wonderful 100% OP day---I am shooting for 250 by the end of this month...think I just might get there
Old 03-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #330  

Congratulations, zoesmom

You are really doing well. I wish I could say the same. Still working on losing 1 lb. Every day is a new adventure...up a pound, next day down 1 pound, next day up and than down. I am really disliking this stupid pound.
Closed Thread