Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

My oldest son is in town, we went to brunch on Friday.Totally blew my program...but oh well, I knew what I was doing (pumpkin pancakes w/ cinnamon glaze) YIKES! Friday was also my grandson's 1st birthday.

They all went to stay overnight at a water park on Saturday. Both sons have called today, to say they are all heading to my house from the water park.

zgirl I bet you can't wait for your order to arrive. I am going to be placing an order on Monday...my cupboards are getting a wee bit bare.

2013 Your taco salad looked so good, I made one for lunch on Saturday!

Last edited by irish51; 03-17-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 215/215/180

Height: 5'11"

Question - since I just ordered 2 weeks worth of food, and not a complete package, will I still get the diet guide?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #303  

If you ordered the actual 2 week diet package, I think the price is like $179.00 then yes.

If you ordered 2 weeks of food not the package then no.

The guide, shaker bottle, food diary,grocery shopping list, 1 bottle WS multivitamin, & 1 bottle EFA are only included in actual 2 wk, 4 wk, or 12 wk packages.

Of course if you go to Diet Direct and look under WonderSlim Diet plan, you can get the PDF's for the plan, diary,and food list.

Last edited by irish51; 03-17-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Good MORNING WS-ers!

irish - glad you got to see your oldest, and I bet your grandson's birthday was a blast!

I wasn't all that good this weekend. Bugger. It started with Friday. My roommate surprised me when I got home with a cheese pizza. Dang it. If it had toppings on it, I would have turned my nose up at it. But nope. It was cheese. I ate the whole thing. I am SO freaking ashamed. Granted, I ate the whole thing over the course of two days, but I still ate the whole thing. Luckily, that only set me back by 1/2 a pound.

That's what I am talking about. EVERYONE is super supprotive that I am trying to lose weight, but don't get this whole food additciton thing. There is a REASON I don't bring certain foods in my house. I do not have the will power to say no, so I just avoid them completely. I've gotten better about it, but it is still a challenge I face. And then they throw up the, "well, you've been good for so long, why not treat yourself" routine. NO!!!!! I DO NOT WANT TO TREAT MYSELF WITH FOOD!!!! THAT'S HOW I GOT HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

THEN my godson's birthday followed suit. I only ate one slice of pizza at his party and one itty bitty slice of cake. I guess my body had had enough between the whole pie and the birthday. The next morning I was up another 2.5 pounds. Son of a ......

GAH!

Back on track come Sunday. Weigh in this morning put me at 257.1, a whole 1.2 pounds heavier than my lightest last week. And here I was doing so good and was back on track after such a hellacious plateau for all those weeks. I swear....

And my daughter's birthday comes at the end of this month. Which means I'll likely see a gain then too....what with the fact we are taking her to Medieval Times and then following up with a birthday party two days later. Food, food, food. WHY must we be a society that dwells on how much we eat at gatherings and shows instead of a society that just enjoys good entertainment? Food is NOT a sporting event, why do we do this to ourselves! If it wasn't so freaking necessary for survival, I would chunk all the food out of my house right this instant. GAH!

Thanks for allowing me to rant.

Hopefully you all had a much better weekend than I.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

“If food is your best friend, it’s also your worst enemy.” ~Edward “Grandpa” Jones

Last edited by zoesmom; 03-18-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #305  

Quote:
Hopefully you all had a much better weekend than I.
Did you miss my description of pumpkin pancakes w/ cinnamon glaze?

Not 1 pumpkin pancake, oh no, this was a restaurant known for their breakfasts..3, yep 3 very large (plate size) pumpkin pancakes. How many did I eat you ask? 2 would be the answer and I poured syrup all over them.

So I couldn't go Friday night for the baby's birthday (long story). They sent me pictures of him w/ the cake.. glad I did not have to face that! So, everyone came to the house yesterday. I decided rather than another cake, which I figured other than all the kids , the adults really did not want, I bought one of those huge decorated chocolate chip cookies. I had the baby's name put on it and stuck a candle in it!

It actually went over well. I cut it like you would a pizza, and gave the "slices"to everyone, except me, my DIL and oldest sons fiancee..for the 3 of us, I took one of the slices and cut it in thirds. Each of us then had a very small piece.
We were suppose to order pizza for dinner. All of them had lunch at the water park before they came to my house. So youngest and his family left after the cookie. Oldest and fiancee and her 2 kids left around 7 PM. No one wanted to order dinner with me. YAY!
They left, I made a salad out of lettuce and cucumbers, had a mocha pudding and I was done.

zoesmom
Quote:
"well, you've been good for so long, why not treat yourself"
I know exactly what you mean.

I did it to myself with the pancakes. I CAN NOT have empty calorie type carbs,. I paid dearly for "treating myself". a) I was down to about 144.4 lowest I have been in 9 years...not any more. This cost me to gain 2 lbs. b.) I did not sleep well last night (cookie w/ frosting .. even though it was a small piece), my stomach was upset this morning, I felt like crap.. and I had to drive in the sleet and snow to pick up the baby. c.) I am down 1 lb this morning, but still not back to where I was on Thursday. d.) I will now have to work even harder to take off the 1 lb I gained and then some.

I have not eaten sweet crap in a long time, and my system just did not handle it well...was it worth it? NO ! I guess sometimes I have to re-learn the same lesson before it actually sinks in. I won't be doing this again...at least not for a while.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #306  

irish - I am so glad I have someone like you who can truly relate. Heck, really, with everyone here. It's nice knowing the battle is shared and not just me. The support is overwhelming, and desperately needed at many times. Thank you.

I am back down to 255.7. YEAH ME! My slip was rather short lived. Still sucks, but at least it didn't take two weeks to get back on track. Granted, it appears I would have lost an additional 1-2 pounds by now if I HADN'T slipped, but at least I am back on track. Could have been a lot worse.

Well, here's to the rest of the month to a 100% OP game plan!

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“Failures are like skinned knees, painful but superficial.” ~H. Ross Perot
Old 03-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #307  

zoesmom, you are welcome!. This is a 2 way street. I have no one around me that I can be accountable to or explain this weight loss thing.

My late husband was always very supportive of my efforts. He did not understand it, because he was tall, never had a weight problem and could eat anything. If he wanted to lose 5 lbs, he cut out potatoes and bread for a couple days. I, on the other hand, look at a potato chip and add 5lbs to my hips.

I am glad you are here with me and everyone else. I know I am much older than you, but weight issues do not discriminate.

I have always understood in theory, the calories in vs calories out.It is the calories in that presents a problem for some of us. I can have 6 servings of green beans vs 20 Lays potato chips for the same calorie count (about 150 cal). Which one would I normally choose? The potato chips!!

The questions for some of us: a.) are you going to count out 20 chips and close the bag, and put it away? b.) Will those 20 chips lead to say a handful of M & M's? c.) the day after, does it become easier to grab another 20 chips instead of making green beans ? d.) within in a couple days, do I throw up my hands and say "screw it"?

These questions are the ones some people without weight issues have never had to look at. The older I am, the more I step back and look at these questions and then ask myself "Is it worth it?" I still trip myself up (as in the pumpkin pancakes!). Coming here makes it easier for me to admit I messed up, admit I did it to myself..I had other choices, forgive myself and jump back on plan.

I am glad you are back down. Me too, 145.4 this morning. Could we both be lower if we had not messed up? Maybe, but we both came out here, talked about what we did, and went right back to our plan.

Well, I seem to be full of insight today Maybe, I should shut up and go exercise!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #308  

My box of goodies arrived today! First Wonderslim meal tomorrow morning. Think I will start with one of the crisp bars...
Old 03-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #309  

zGirl21 Let us know, what you think of the WonderSlim food.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #310  

254.6!!!!!! Not my official weigh in, as those come on Mondays, but... I am feeling pretty dang awesome today

OH!!! AND I busted myself naked infront of the full length mirror in the bathroom....yeah yeah yeah...my body sucks....but DANG! My legs look GREAT! Now I know where I have been losing all my weight And all that 30DS and cardio I've been doing has really been sculpting them. I spend a good 15 minutes just staring at them and touching them. I am so pathetic.

zGirl21 - cheers to you, know you can do this!

Quote:
The questions for some of us: a.) are you going to count out 20 chips and close the bag, and put it away? b.) Will those 20 chips lead to say a handful of M & M's? c.) the day after, does it become easier to grab another 20 chips instead of making green beans ? d.) within in a couple days, do I throw up my hands and say "screw it"?
irish - you hit it right on the head. I wasn't always this big. I used to clock in at 161. Sure, everything SAID I was slightly overweight, but I was in a size 6/8 and everyone used to comment I looked too skinny. I was very athletic, I was a lacto/ovo vegatarian, and I never had to worry about calories, but I did always look at the package and seriously count everything out. Then I was in a car crash. A very bad one. It totally messed my left knee up and I had to have repeat surgery on it. I went from a very active lifestyle to a very seditary one over night and stayed that way for years because of the pain. To make matters worse, I was a vegatarian growing up in a family of carnivores. No one knew the proper balance my body needed, not even me. One day, I tested borderline anemic. I was told it was a protein deficency and to take in more protein. NO ONE, not even the doctor, mentioned alternatives to boost my protein. I just assumed it meant to eat meat. Talk about young and stupid. It took me almost a year to not get sick every time I ate because meat was so gross to me, or because it just didn't sit well as I had NEVER eaten it before. At the same time, meat packed on OVER A HUNDRED POUNDS in about a year. That, combined with little activity, I went from fit to whale in about 16 months. I got to the point that I stopped caring. I figured, what was one more chip, or what was the point anymore.

It seriously took me almost reaching 300 pounds and my daughter to shake me out of a nearly decade old funk. I am ashamed I got here. By god, I WILL not stay here the rest of my life. I know I will always have knee problems. I know I will always have asthama (had it when I was fit). But I do not have to live as a super obese woman so depressed and filled with self loathing the rest of my life. I WILL be healthy again. I slowly am cutting meat out of my diet again. I never really enjoyed meat, so it isn't all that hard, but it is hard to make two meals a night, as my family likes meat. Work in progress. WS is vegatarian, the "meat" is basically seitan, so it has helped me move towards a meat free lifestyle again. I WILL be fit again. I went from barely being able to walk up my stairs to over an hour of exercise almost every night. I WILL do this. And I am so very happy I have you and everyone here
Old 03-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #311  

Good morning all I just ate my first WS meal - a crispy peanut bar. It was delicious! Thanks to Irish for pointing out that I could print off the plan information as it did not come with my shipment. Once I'm sure that I'll stick with this plan, I plan to order a 4 week package.

Do any of you follow the plan as described (3 meals, 2 snacks, 1 dessert) or do you spread your WS stuff throughout the day? Does anyone have a planned "cheat" meal once a week? I followed the Beyond Diet program for 9 months and liked the concept of a planned off-plan meal weekly. The general rule was to eat whatever you want, but nothing that was totally off limits for you. Off limits foods for me are anything fried, white bread/white sugar, high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated/partially hydrogenated oils. In my mind, this isn't a cheat meal because I have planned it. Cheating for me is anything that is off plan and not planned for - ice cream binge, mindless eating at a party, etc.

What should I have for my first WS lunch? I have the spicy macaroni, alfredo, chili and chicken soup.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #312  

I follow the WS plan to a T (omitting the fruit and starch on most days)...although they changed the plan up from when I first started. I still go by the original plan, but the concept is still the same.

I do hve a planned cheat day...every Thursday. But that is because we have ballet for my three year old and by the time we get home, it is too late to make anything and get her fed before bed time. Even then, I still behave though. For me, the excitement is being able to eat out and not cook. I still end up eating more or less the same calories as I would at home, but I feel like I am getting to be bad all at the same time (without being bad.) I order what I want, but tell them to bring me a box with my food. Then, I immediately put half of it in the box for another day...or for my husband's lunch the next day.

The spicy is yum, one of my favs. I save my soup for days I am in a hurry, as it is quick and easy. Since I don't like chili to begin with, I would never recommend that

Be careful with the alfredo. It is not a lite entree. It has more than double the calories and carbs of the other WS items (that and the regular mac & cheese). If you have that, use it as a restricted item, no more than once or twice a week. Or, if you want to eat it more frequently, cut the amount in half and add something that is is super low in fat, calories, and carbs to supplement your needed protein (the WS shakes or an EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shake would do the trick.)

If I am craving one of those, since I enjoy both, I usually save it for my starch on days I am craving starch. I'll make my dinner, one of the packets, have half, and give the other half to my daughter. I break even those days though.

Also, if you find yourself craving a creamy sauce and pasta, you should look into tofu alfredo and Miracle Noodle. It helps the craving but with hardly any carbs or fat, and the calories are right within "budget" as well.

Good luck...and let us know what you do
Old 03-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #313  

New here, but long time lurker. I ordered product from the direct diet site. Boxes of the Bari-Wise and WS bars and puddings to try. I was on MF in 2010 and lost about 35# in one month following the program to a T. But, the cost was high and the "consultants" rang my phone way too much to get me to re-order.

Kept it off, yo-yo a little and then hardcore on a Dukan Diet and got down to 136 (goal). Got sick (knee injury, now better, no gym for 3-4 months) and gained 20#; now trying to lose. I started Dukan weighing in at 195.

Using Syntrax Nectar as they are no carbs and they taste great. Body Builder at gym turned me on to them. So much better than anything else IMHO. The soy based shakes made my "Ta-tas bigger, not wanted) Was on the EAS carb-control. Even those they were convenient, not working out. So I am drinking 5-6 shakes a day and one LG meal, and when my order arrives I will make some switches.

Has anyone tried the Bari-Wise pudding shakes and bars and can give me an honest opinion. If they taste bad, I will send them back.

I have read here that the WS products aren't too bad. I don't want the "meals", as I prefer to cook, just looking for pudding shakes and bars.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #314  

Thanks zoesmom! I didn't really take the time to read the nutrition information on each item before I ordered - I just assumed that it was all relatively the same. Obviously not! I will reserve the alfredo for days that I'm really craving something naughty

If you skip the fruit, do you swap out for an additional serving of veggies?

I decided to work at Starbucks this morning instead of at home (needed a change of scenery) and had a short sugar free non fat latte for my dairy serving + optional (sugar free syrup). Nice to know that I have that option as I often meet clients for coffee and it would be strange to buy them a drink and then sip on water myself.

Think I'll have the spicy mac with a 1/2c broccoli for lunch. Dinner today is going to be chicken breast with spinach and mushrooms.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #315  

cosmos - I have tasted various Bari-Wise bars and shakes. Outside of the strawberry cheesecake bar, I have found that I really cannot stomach the taste of any of them. They tend to have a rather bitter chemical taste, and that is the highlight of them...the aftertaste is worst and lingers for a good 15 minutes. I know taste is subjective, and I know I am what is considered a "super-taster" so maybe it's not so bad. But I can't do them.

I know that the WS items tend to be rather tasty. There are somethings I avoid like the plague, others that I'd rather not use if I have another option, some that are pretty alright, and some that are freaking delish. The shakes that I think are the best are the Strawberry Yougurt, Mocha Cream and the Dark Chocolate (although, the Vanilla is slam bam in diet cream soda or root beer.) Most of the bars are good, my faves being anything with caramel (the lemon is pretty decent too if you are craving something outside of chocolate.)

Pretty much, trial and error really. What some like other hate and vice versa. Although, run from that chocolate cake like there is no tomorrow. I am talking run like it is the doomsday device. Run, I say. RUN!!!

No sweat zGirl21 - and yes, I do add extra veggies in my day to make up for the lost calories from ommiting the starch and fruit. Basically, my body absorbs carbs, so my doctor has advised against me eating those. I get about a cup extra of veggies every day, and being a veggie lover, I'm not complaining!
Closed Thread