Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish51 View Post
Good Morning,

So I have been tweaking my WS plan this week and it paid off.

Today's Weigh In -3.6 lbs, for the week.

W'uddya do?
Old 02-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #227  

I figure it is time for me to come out of hiding. I was hiding because I was ashamed.

You see, I was bad last week. Very, very bad. But most of it was on purpose. I've been in a plateau for this makes week 6. As you can expect, that is a bit irritating. Then I realized, I started working out about 6 weeks ago....hmmm....wonder if the two are co-related.

Lots of research and consulting with my doctor later and HEY! What do you know! IT IS RELATED! Apparently, I am eating my calories. Okay, I am dumb. What the HECK does THAT mean! OH! It means I am not consuming ENOUGH when I added in exercise. Probably should have consulted with the doc first so that a new plan could be addressed. Well. Don't I just feel silly now. Who'dda thought that exercise would stall me out like this.

His recommendation was one that really made me cringe. He wanted me to gorge. Yep. You heard that right. Gorge. He told me that my body had hit "starvation mode" and that I needed to jump start it again. So, gorge. He didn't want me going apey and eat everything on God's green earth, but he wanted me to eat about 2000 calories a day for 5 days. I did. It totally shocked my body and I jumped up to 264 come Sunday. You should have seen me wig out on that one, I was much happier staying at 259 in 6 weeks than climb up the ladder that took so long to go down.

I am happy to report though, today, I am back down to 259. Took a few days, but much quicker than it usually is when I cheat (those usually take two weeks to get over one bad day.)

Now, onto phase two of his genius plan (although, I must admit, I am still skeptical, but given his last idea of eating double what I had been eating seemed to work, I'll give it a shot.) On the days I work out, he wants me to have one EAS Post Workout shake within 30 minutes of completing my work out. In other words, eat more calories that day. He said it will help with my energy levels, help with my insanely sore muscles, and *SHOULD* help get me past my plateau. I plan on picking up some at GNC on my way home today and giving it a go. I'll report my finding so if any of you ladies are having the same problem...maybe this will work for you.

Onto other things now. I saw this and went...WOW! THAT IS A LOT WHEN PUT INTO PERSEPCTIVE! Considering I have lost nearly 35 of those bad boys...holy moly!!! Sometimes we forget just what we have accomplished and dwell instead on what we still have in front of us. I always find it impressive when I take a seat in the back and look at it from another persective. It keeps me on track as I realize I have come much farther than I once ever thought possible.

That brings me to a very powerful woman who I have always admired, Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. She conquered what everyone thought couldn't be done. Whereas I don't agree 100% with her, I do believe she had an amazing ability to be both noble and honest with the world around her. She also had some impressive and powerful quotes. Today, I think I shall borrow one of those for my QUOTE OF THE DAY:

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” ~Margaret Thatcher

How right she was. How many times have I seen the scale flash at 259? How many times has it gone up oppossed to down? I am fighting this battle, what feels like on repeat. But by God, I WILL win this war! I think Lady Prime Minster hit it right on the nose. I may be on what feels like a continuous loop, but eventually, I will win.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Morning!

Well, it's been a heck of a week so far. Monday, I went to pick up my 11 month old grandson (I watch him on Mondays & Fridays), it's a 35 minute drive one way. We got back here, and my house was at 59 degrees. After messing with the thermostat, I put a call into my HVAC guy. He happened to be near by , so he was here in 10 minutes. He declared my blower motor dead.Thankfully, he had one on his truck. He installed new motor and I fed the baby breakfast. Luckily, it only took an hour. I was worried, I would have to take the baby somewhere to keep him warm.

Tuesday, we had snow. Now I think I have mentioned I hate snow, but I live here anyways. About 3 PM, I decided to tackle the driveway. Fired up the snowblower, and started to clear, when I realized this was not working. Heavy wet snow, in a small blower like mine only jams it. So, I broke out the shovel, and it took me 1 hour and 20 minutes, to clear driveway, walkway, and sidewalks. That crap at the end of the drive...really heavy. I ended up going out again last night at 9:30 and 20 more minutes of shovelling.

zoesmom, I had to smile when I read your post. This is how I tweaked my program...more food. I use Losit app. so, I have tracked my calories and exercise. As you know, the last few weeks with the .2 , .4 losses and gains have had me frustrated. So, I took a good look at my food diaries and my Loseit app and realized, I am eating around 900 calories per day. I had cut out all starches, fats (as much as possible), fruit. I was doing 30 Day Shred, treadmill, shoveling snow, crawling on the floor with grandson .
Subtracting my regular exercise (not including crawling around with grandson, playtime, or carrying him around.) I realized my calories amounted to about 500 per day! YIKES! I forced myself to increase my food. If I wanted an egg, I had 2 eggs, I would add 2 slices of 40 calorie per slice toast w/ a little margarine spread on it. I did that all week, and stopped doing the treadmill. That is how I lost 3.6 for the week..which is HUGE for me.
I don't expect to have that kind of loss every week. I learned, like you, that you have to watch the exercising so much, that you are burning everything you eat and your body just won't let go of any more.

Oh, and I always make sure that after I exercise I grab like a WS bar. I know you need protein after working out to repair muscle.

Congratulations, on speaking with your doctor and losing the 6 lbs! We are definitely going to do this!

Last edited by irish51; 02-27-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #229  

Well heck, irish had I known.

I bought the EAS Carb AdvantEDGE oppossed to the Post Workout as it was closer in tune with the WS diet based on carbs (3g of carbs) and all (Post Workout had 40g of carbs!) That's almost half of what I am allowed a day!!

I did my workout, drank my shake, and...well...not sore today...first time in a long time too. Had energy yesterday too. Treated myself to a lean hamburger on a Healthy Wheat Bun, had a large salad, had my dessert, and went to bed. Upon waking today...hey! I went down 0.4 pounds between yesterday and today! I bet I'll get out of 259 by this weekend

Although, my mood is not all about losing those pounds right now. I think my hubby gave me his germs. Not good.

I know most of everyone who frequents this thread wasn't around back in August when I got a simple cold...that turned nasty quickly...and came insanely close to killing me. I have bad asthma...I mean hospitlization in ICU type asthma. Last August I had O2 saturation levels in the 40's (I found out later by a mortitian friend that he works on corpses with higher levels.) Doctors were astonished I was alive, much less up and walking. But ever since then, the fear of getting sick has been beyond annoyance but pure terror. I am terrified my daughter will find me in a semi-coma again. I am terrified she'll be the only one with me again and will spend hours trying to wake me up like last time. I am terrified she won't manage it next time. She is three, how she managed to pull me out of the bed the first time is impressive...could she do it again? And could she manage to wake me again? And can I handle her seeing that again? As it is, 6 months later, she still gets very scared if I fall asleep prior to bed time and sleep past dawn. It had a very profound effect on both of us. And here I am, all snuffily and sore throated. My hubby has a fever and a cough...is that is what is coming next for me since he NEVER gets sick? I've had my flu and pnemonia shot...gods please no...the fear of getting sick is beyond bearable....

That's why I have to lose weight. I have to. I am convinced that if I don't, my asthma, which is worse with the more I weigh, will kill me. And my daughter will see that. Not only see that, but be the only one with me at the time and not be able to pull the miracle off the second time. I can't do that to her. I just can't.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #230  

Quote:
I went down 0.4 pounds between yesterday and today!
Thanks for sharing.. I went up .4 between yesterday and this morning!

Wow! Your little girl is fantastic. The fact that she was able to wake you up , I bet you are really proud of her.

You are going to do this zoesmom, you have your little one to inspire you. And I am here, I am not going anywhere. So I hope you will stay and keep posting, cause talking to myself...really sucks!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #231  

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish51 View Post
Wow! Your little girl is fantastic. The fact that she was able to wake you up , I bet you are really proud of her.

You are going to do this zoesmom, you have your little one to inspire you. And I am here, I am not going anywhere. So I hope you will stay and keep posting, cause talking to myself...really sucks!
She is, and I am. Her name is Zoë, which is actually just the Greek word and spelling for "life". I never thought when when named her that her name would mean more than just a name to me, but it does. She is insanely smart, all her teachers and doctors want her tested for being gifted prior to the start of Kindergarten. She turns four next month, but she can already spell 25 words (that I know of), can read some basic words, can spell her entire name, can do basic math, and can take complex concepts and figure it out. And her vocab is out of this word. She knows words like "unctuous" and what it means. Her doctor called me a liar at her 18 month check up because he didn't believe us...until she started chatting up a storm with him, and it just keeps growing. Smart kid. I got super lucky. How I love my little one.

I will keep posting. I disappear for a day here or there often, but usually because my life is busy busy, much like yours. But I always come back. In fact I am back today to say..yep..I am sick. BUT! The good news is, I have officially made it past my plateau!! 258.5 BABY!!! THANKS DR. BROWN! And here I though he had been a quack telling me to eat more! I owe him a hug when I see him again this month!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #232  

I understand about your daughter. My oldest son, now 38 (), graduated from high school at age 16. In grammar school, I had him in the gifted program ...until school budget cuts. He is now in IT. He is a certified citrix engineer, and works with healthcare.

on the weight loss. Keep it up! It seems to be falling off you and attaching to me---up .2 this morning.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #233  

Good news is, I woke up this morning at 257.2. Bad news is I drank two HUGE mudslides, ate a little pasta (I mean a little because the mudslides had filled me up, thankfully) and a small slice of cake. I fully expect tomorrow to net me a gain of every pound I had worked so hard to lose these past several weeks. But my birthday was great, first time in 20 years it wasn't laced with surgeries, deaths, wrecks, or anything else miserable...and with only 7 minutes left in the day, I doubt any of those will happen. Got my coveted KitchenAid mixer for my cakes (my old one was fixing to die hard core) and my daughter picked out a gorgeous mother's necklace.

Great day. I'll take those extra pounds from today. I'll lose them again. But today, I had fun. I never drink, and in the grand scheme of things, outside of those drinks, I did not eat bad. I ate within reason. If this was last year, my report would have been I had the two mudslides, all of the pasta, tons of bread, and seven slices of cake. All in all....great day. Noticeable progress from this time last year...and a wonderful day with very dear people.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #234  

WOOHOO!!!! Despite being bad yesterday, I only gained 1/2 a pound....tomorrow is my official weigh in...so, let's see if I can get rid of it. But AWESOME! I was expecting a 4 pound gain
Old 03-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #235  

Happy Birthday,zoesmom!!!! sorry, I am a day late.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #236  

Morning!

Well, up +.2 for the week.

I think to lose 20 lbs is going to take forever, at this rate.

We are waiting for another snowstorm,suppose to hit after midnight. Snow all Tuesday, into Wednesday. They are saying by the time it is over, we should have another 5-9".
Old 03-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #237  

Ewwwww....snow...... Glad it's not me...so very sorry it is you!

I did well, all in all. I came in at 257.6 this morning, despite this weekend. I have to hand it to my doctor, adding the EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shake helped kick start my weight loss again. I NEVER thought I'd get past that plateau!

I hear you on losing the pounds irish. Sometimes it drops. Sometimes it takes freaking forever. I find I can't have anything that deviates from the plan...like coffee (even black) or sodium or really anything. In fact, I have to cut the carbs out as my body gains weight just thinking about carbs, so that means I drink 4 ounces of almond milk instead of my 4 ounces or milk I am allowed in the morning and I skip my daily fruit and starch but add in carrots or lettuce or celery to make up the lost calories.

Have you taken any measurements since starting 30DS? I'll admit, I have not...but I can tell the difference in my face, in my waist, and my neck...big time in my neck.

My daughter bought me a necklace for my birthday. It is on an 18 inch chain. I cringed when I saw that...18 inches on me equals a choker. I was terrified it wouldn't fit and she wanted me to wear it right then and there. I KNOW for a fact that two months ago, 18 inch chains did not fit. I broke one on January 18th as a matter of fact. So...I put it on hoping against hope and...IT FIT! In fact, I have slack even! A good inch or more of slack!!! I haven't been able to wear an 18 inch chain in 10 years!!!! NSV for me! WOOT!

So, my question remains, have you taken measurements? Maybe you're not losing pounds...but how's those inches look? Also...what if your body is becoming super efficent in buring calories? It can happen. In which case, are you consuming enough calories? When I went to my doc last week, he told me I need to look at that once every other week, as our bodies are always adapting and changing. Food for thought.

You can do it!

“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” ~Robert J Collier

Last edited by zoesmom; 03-04-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #238  

Quote:
I have to cut the carbs out as my body gains weight just thinking about carbs
I am absolutely there with you.

I did take measurements. Of the ones I took, I really only lost about 1/2" each arm. and 1/2" waist, down about 3 lbs. So, it's not bad when I look at it from that perspective.

Quote:
Also...what if your body is becoming super efficent in buring calories? It can happen. In which case, are you consuming enough calories? When I went to my doc last week, he told me I need to look at that once every other week, as our bodies are always adapting and changing. Food for thought.
You know, I read this yesterday and thought about it all last night. It did not occur to me that I might have to look at it once every other week or in my case, it might be every week.

Thank you. My calories are really low (average around 980 per day), doesn't sound like much, but I eat a lot for that amount. Keep in mind at my age, my metabolism has slowed. I have added more vegetables ( for very few calories) and sometimes I add a slice of light wheat bread (40 cal. per slice.), when my exercise has burned off lots of my calories. Hope that made sense.

Enough about me!

Congratulations on the NSV. You are doing so well on this. Thanks for the help/suggestions.

Now I am off to shovel snow
Old 03-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 236

Can anyone tell me how long it took you to go into ketosis on Wonderslim?

I am eating a high-protein diet with very low carbs. I'm supplementing with WS and for three weeks nothing has improved. No ketosis (tests register as trace no matter when I test), no weight loss, no inches loss. My only cheat was a 4oz glass of red wine last week. I am so frustrated! Any advice is appreciated!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #240  

ukemama!!!

I am not sure about ketosis on WS. Ultimately, it allows more carbs than IP and Medifast, so you may never actually hit ketosis. I know I go to a doctor once a month regarding my weight loss with WS and when I asked about those strips, I was told to ignore them, that unless they test high, I am doing the right thing. Ultimately, they want me to test with trace, it keeps the body safe.

Are you following WS to a "T" or are you using WS as an alternative for a different protocol? If you are following the WS diet, many of us have found we need to drop both the daily fruit AND the daily starch. If you are excercising, as irish and I have both learned, you may need to add about 100-200 calories a day on the days you excercise (EAS Carb AdvantEDGE is a shake that is high in protein, perfect for calories, insanely low on carbs....more or less...PERFECT on exercise days.) On the other side of things, make sure you are getting ENOUGH calories. Don't skip meals. Make sure you are weighing/measuring your foods correctly. If you are using WS, I assume you are on a low cal diet, so you need to stay between 900-1200 calories a day. Anything less is flat out dangerous. Anything more, well, that depends on your body.

The program does work...if you stick with it. If you are not losing anything and are 100% on program, and after tweaking (ie adjusting for exercise) you may have an underlying medical condition, such as hyperthyrodism. Get a Loseit! account if you don't already, and plug your information in. It will give you a ball park idea of what your calorie intake needs to be with exercise and what not. It puts me around 1700 calories a day, but after discussing with my doctor, I really need to be around 1300 a day, so you may need to adjust (something you can do on Loseit!) the actual number allowed in a day. It is a great place to log every little thing consumed.

and You can do it!

Quote of the Day:
“Stay committed to your decisions; but stay flexible in your approach.” ~Tony Robbins

Last edited by zoesmom; 03-07-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Closed Thread