Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #1  

Default HMR Recipe - Mediterranean Patties

I've been trying to get this recipe on here for days, literally. One thing leads to another, and, well, you know how it goes. Anyway! Here we go.

This time I tried to replicate falafel. For those of you who aren't familiar, falafel is a Mediterranean fried patty made primarily out of chickpeas and parsley and a horde of wonderful fragrant stuff. It's one of my favorite foods. So I took a five-bean entree, mixed it with some multi-grain cereal, spiced it up, fried some patties in a pan with a touch of non-stick cooking spray, and enjoyed.

In my opinion, the flavor wasn't that of falafel, although it was close. Lots of cumin, lots of garlic. This dish is PERFECT with a dab of fat free sour cream on each patty, although I was out at the time I made these and took pictures.

But the true magic of this dish is its texture and visual appeal. It is like nothing else I've made. It's a plate full of patties that look fried, and the outside gets slightly crispy.

And in case you wonder what I'm doing when I'm not cooking for you and me, here an idea.

How about trying my hand at elderberry wine for the first time? Amazing how much juice came out of these little berries. And how big a mess I made getting at that juice. The wine is happily fermenting in my basement as we speak. I'll let you know if it's drinkable in about 8 to 12 months.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I entered a pumpkin carving contest at the local movie theater. Hey, free tickets for a year is well worth the effort. I'll let you know if I win!

Recipe and pictures found here: hmr-gourmand.blogspot.com/2012/10/mediterranean-patties.html
HMRgourmand is offline   Reply With Quote