Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #1  

Default HMR Recipe - Dream Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Fudge Frosting

Gourmand wisdom: When you have the time, and as often as you can, eat slooooooowly. Chew your food mindfully and think about the taste, the texture, the spices and flavor. Don't eat in front of the tv. Sit down at your table, put your food on a plate instead of eating it out of the plastic tray, and enjoy it with deliberately small bites. Make it last. I cannot stress how much more enjoyment you will get out of the same food if you actually pay attention and give time to what you're eating. Plus, you're giving your stomach more time to realize that there's food in there. Give that food a little respect!

There is nothing better than the smell of baking in a house. There is something about the molecules that are released during cooking that just feed the soul when they fly up your nose (now that's a romantic image, yeah?)

So these are vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting. I'll tell you right now that I cooked them too long. I've put a reduced time in the recipe to reflect that. In spite of their dark color, they weren't burnt, just not as moist and soft as I would have liked.

I feel compelled to let you know that this is a low volume recipe, and intended as a once-in-a-while treat. I got a cool dozen out of this batch, and that means you can eat four of these at a time, and it will count as one meal replacement. I know what I'm having for breakfast the next three days. Mmmm.

Recipe and pictures found here!
hmr-gourmand.blogspot.com/2012/09/dream-vanilla-cupcakes-with-chocolate.html
HMRgourmand is offline   Reply With Quote