Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5'3"

Joy-yes it finally came today! I am going to start tomorrow, I already had a shake tonight and it was really good so I'm pretty excited.

Namaste, I think that's a great idea, we can just report what we lost each week, so then the number means something.

Shero your dog is adorable

loveygirl you'll get back on track! the holidays are hard

Ok so I have a confession I am a scale addict. If you are not one don't become one. I would weigh myself all of the time and I finally broke the habit about a month or so ago. The problem is I would weigh but didn't really do anything when I would gain. It didn't phase me. I saw a reflection of myself today in a window next to someone that was thin and thought oh my god is that me??? It's easy to look in my mirror at home I have no point of reference but geez when I saw myself today it just really hit me, I am seriously overweight, I'm obese. It depressed me a bit, but motivated me even more to get serious and get this weight off and then keep it off. Ok sorry for my long story I just need to tell someone.
fee128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 304/207.2/150

Height: 5'5

Wow this thread has been reignited. I'm glad to say I'm starting this year a lot lighter than I did the last one. Hoping to be down at least 100 by the anniversary of my start date in March. I actually want to be around 190 but that might be pushing it since I need to lose 30.6 pounds to get there.

Last edited by Meka150; 01-04-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Meka150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #78  

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everyone,
Things went pretty well today. I was hungry in the afternoon, but stayed focused. I hope you all had a great day!

Fee,
I understand. Seeing myself in pictures is the thing that wakes me up. "Do I really look like that???"

Joy,
I like your questions. Every time we lose the weight we go back to bad habits and gain the weight back. How can this change?
namaste1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #79  

Wow Meka! You are an inspiration!
Did you lose all of the weight with wonderslim?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 304/207.2/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste1969 View Post
Wow Meka! You are an inspiration!
Did you lose all of the weight with wonderslim?
I lost the first 10 on other protein shakes and just changing my diet but other is thanks to Wonderslim and added exercise.
Meka150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 245/233.6/145

Height: 5' 7"

Meka - That is amazing. Congratulations! I will be pulling for you to get the 30 off by March. I'm glad you're here. I will look forward to your wisdom as a vet.

Namaste - Good job on your first day. I'm on my 5th & feeling pretty groovy. Also, I can already tell that my clothes are looser & my husband gave me that look of "I think you're losing weight" but he doesn't want to say it because that's usually when I mess up.

Fee - I totally understand about the scale thing. I broke myself of it years ago, though & now I keep stuff piled on it (pillows) until I need to weigh. Also, I have a water-retention problem so it's not a good thing for me to weigh...it could really discourage me. However, I'm so excited for Sunday. I think I should have a pretty substantial loss.

How to keep it off once we are done - This is the very heart of the issue for me. I know that what makes this diet work for me is the routine of it & not having to think about what I'm eating much. When I have big choices I do not make very good choices. How do I plan to change that? More later...I've got to get back to work.
JoyPerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meka150 View Post
Wow this thread has been reignited. I'm glad to say I'm starting this year a lot lighter than I did the last one. Hoping to be down at least 100 by the anniversary of my start date in March. I actually want to around 190 but that might be pushing it since I need to lose 30.6 pounds to get there.
That is awesome!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste1969 View Post
Hi everyone,

Fee,
I understand. Seeing myself in pictures is the thing that wakes me up. "Do I really look like that???"
Thanks, I just couldn't believe it. I've clearly been in denial all this time. But that's why we are making changes now, so hooray for us
Old 01-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #84  

Hmm I tried to make one post but it didn't work. Oh well.

Today is day 1 and I am feeling a bit hungry but eating dinner a little late. I am doing a combination of wonderslim and real food so I have about 4-5 wonderslim products and then 3 small meals. But today I forgot to eat as often as I should so tomorrow I will have to do better. The mocha shake was delicious! The strawberry smoothie only so-so. I forgot to have 2 of my snacks because I got busy.

Joy sounds like you are doing great Any favorites thus far? I am going to reorder again soon
Old 01-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #85  

I like the chocolate shakes, caramel butter pecan bars, pancake batter, vegetarian joe & the spicy mac & cheese. I was extra hungry tonight &, once again, ate more meat/protein than is allotted. Still feeling pretty good...tired tonight. Thinking about hitting the gym next week...but not sure how hard I should exercise with the limited amount of calories. Any suggestions?
Old 01-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyPerman View Post
... I was extra hungry tonight &, once again, ate more meat/protein than is allotted. Still feeling pretty good...tired tonight. Thinking about hitting the gym next week...but not sure how hard I should exercise with the limited amount of calories. Any suggestions?
Joy, personally I think if you are going to eat more of anything, meat/protein is the best choice!
I walked on the treadmill for 20 min yesterday, but I didn't this evening as I felt really tired. I think moderate exercise (20-30min 3-4 x a week) is OK. I think if you push it to hard there is a risk of your body going into 'starve' mode and holding onto the weight. Just my thoughts for now.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fee128 View Post
... Any favorites thus far? I am going to reorder again soon
Fee,
I had a light entree called creamy chicken pasta today and it was delicious. It is by a company called Bariwise. Bariwise is sold on the Diet Direct website, just like WS. If you like cream of chicken/mushroom soup you would like this.
However although the price is lower there are less packets per box.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Good three days. I am so excited so many are here to support me. I must fix my ticker because yes I have gained back my weight but was surprise to find I was not "way up there"......

Last year I saw people be really diligent and then everyone dropped off. Hoping it doesn't happen this year, I was getting bonded.....
Shero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Ticker is fixed
Shero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #90  

Namaste - Thanks for the advise. I tend to agree about over-exercising. I am very anxious to get back to running....but don't want to blow it too soon. I think I will just do some walking here to start out.

Shero - Great to hear that your first 3 days are a success. I cannot wait to get on the scale Sunday. I also hope we won't fizzle out. My original plan was to go "great guns" for 3 months & then take a break. However, with the great support we have going maybe I will just power through until I reach my goal.

It is very exciting to me to see that you have a 66 pound goal for 6 months. My ultimate goal is to reach my fighting weight this year. I think we can totally do it!

Food thoughts...anything with mushroom paste in it is going to be a "no" for me. I am sending some stuff back today to exchange. I want to like mushrooms but I just cannot.

Thanks for all the help. I look forward to a successful WS journey with you all.

p.s. Does the name Wonderslim make any of you laugh? I cannot say it without laughing. I feel like I have to put my arms up in the air & say it like "Wonder woman." LOL