Wonderslim #7

You're on Page 27 of 35
Go to
  • Thank you Finny! I'll check out the hotcakes and the Kay's cereals. And way to go on holding your weight.

And Sara, I know nothing about Lyme, but I hope that's not what's going on with you. I hope you feel better soon!

Quote: I love the Hotcakes. I add a tablespoon of flax seed to them, they are delicious. I like the Kay's brand cereals that diet direct sells. I did not like the oatmeal either, but used the packets up by making it into pancakes. I added 1/2tsp of baking powder to the mix and enough water to make it like pancake batter.

I weighed in early today, and I am still at 184. So, I may have gained a bit while on vacation, but thankfully whatever I gained I have lost.

Sara, I hope you are feeling better. Lyme disease can present without the rash, so if they haven't run the blood work to rule it out I would have them do it. Also, scarlet fever has sore throat and red rash, it is a strep infection, did they do a throat culture?
  • Has anyone else been disappointed while still losing? This past week I was so not OP. I didn't go over my calories which I keep at 1200 or less, but I ate way too many carbs. I lost two pounds last week and I made my first mini goal of 275. I just feel like I could have done so much better if I hadn't been carb happy.
  • Okay so I am doing pretty good. I like the shakes a lot, unfortunately the aspartame free ones don't thick up as well - still they are good.

Love the spicy pasta and the oatmeal but I can not for the life of me figure out how to cook them without them spilling all over the place. I have tried less heating, bigger bowls but it is always a mess. Any help?

I have a hard time remembering to eat all day, esp when I am out with my 2 year old. I have to get better at that. My husband is doing it with me and he has a hard time with heating up lunch since he is on the road a lot. I think he is going to switch to a meal replacement bar at lunch with a crunchy side item like their pretzels.

We ate 4oz filet mignons tonight. Not the best to eat but darn they were good. I am mostly sticking to fish and chicken.

I haven't weighed myself yet but my pants have a tiny bit more room in them.
  • Quote: Has anyone else been disappointed while still losing? This past week I was so not OP. I didn't go over my calories which I keep at 1200 or less, but I ate way too many carbs. I lost two pounds last week and I made my first mini goal of 275. I just feel like I could have done so much better if I hadn't been carb happy.
    It happens babe. You have to use it as motivation to do better the next week. You would never really understand how cheating or going off course even just a little will effect your body until you try doing it just to find out. You've done this, so NOW that you've done it and seen the outcome you will have a better insight/outlook on things and work even harder naturally not to stray again. Don't take what happened as a problem, take it more as a lesson. Just stay motivated and trust me, you will be fine (meant both ways. fine and FINE!). ;-)
  • I am back. It has been a rough two weeks taking care of my ex after his surgery, But he just left my house and is back on the road and I can now get back into my routine. I know that I gained weight and I will weigh in Friday morning and get back on plan. I did go to my doctors today and he showed a 12 pound loss in 6 weeks so I am hoping that I did not gain much.
    It will be nice to get back in my little rut,
    BTW, with the weight loss I am off all meds!!!
  • Quote: Okay so I am doing pretty good. I like the shakes a lot, unfortunately the aspartame free ones don't thick up as well - still they are good.

Love the spicy pasta and the oatmeal but I can not for the life of me figure out how to cook them without them spilling all over the place. I have tried less heating, bigger bowls but it is always a mess. Any help?

I have a hard time remembering to eat all day, esp when I am out with my 2 year old. I have to get better at that. My husband is doing it with me and he has a hard time with heating up lunch since he is on the road a lot. I think he is going to switch to a meal replacement bar at lunch with a crunchy side item like their pretzels.

We ate 4oz filet mignons tonight. Not the best to eat but darn they were good. I am mostly sticking to fish and chicken.

I haven't weighed myself yet but my pants have a tiny bit more room in them.
    I actually use hot water out of a kettle on the stove and it cooks it well. Probably isn't quite as smooth but I don't like it too smooth.
  • Quote: BTW, with the weight loss I am off all meds!!!
    Now THAT is some great news!!!
  • Lurking for too long
    Hi,

After lurking on this forum for nearly 2 months, I finally took the plunge, bought 2 weeks of WS and started this Monday.

Of all the weight loss programs I have read, I thought I could handle the WS because of the variety and flavors. And I have also been very encouraged by reading everyone's messages here.

Since Monday I have lost 5 pounds and today is only Friday. Also the swelling I get in my ankles every summer has gone! The only problem I have is eating everything they ask. I seem to be skipping my morning shake because I am so full.

The question I have is, at the end of the 2nd week, do i buy more of the same thing, or make up my own mixture of WS items?

Much encouragement!
    CupCake

PS where are the tickers from?
  • Quote: Since Monday I have lost 5 pounds and today is only Friday. Also the swelling I get in my ankles every summer has gone! The only problem I have is eating everything they ask. I seem to be skipping my morning shake because I am so full.

The question I have is, at the end of the 2nd week, do i buy more of the same thing, or make up my own mixture of WS items?

Much encouragement!
    CupCake

PS where are the tickers from?
    Welcome CupCake!

I try to eat as many of the WS products as I can to be sure that I get my protein in, but some days I miss one.

After my first order, I ordered more of the things I really liked, but then I also ordered new things that I wanted to try. When you place your order you can let them know what WS products you want in the special instructions box.

I made my ticker here on the site but you aren't allowed to make one until you have been a member for 20 days and have made (I believe)20 posts.
  • Welcome Cupcake,

I use some of the WS products and substitute others due to costs. I love this program since it is so easy to follow. I also find it hard to get all of my food in, but my body does not seem to have gone into starvation mode yet.
    But if I slip up the weight comes back fast so I joined the May daily weigh in challenge to help keep me accountable.
    We are all on this incredible journey together and you have a great group of people right along with you.
  • Yay me!!
    My first week weight in and I lost 6lbs! That was with only 2 days of exercise. One long zoo trek pushing a 2 year old in a stroller all day and another day on the treadmill for 25 minutes. I am optimistic this could be THE diet for me.

And this is with a little cheating. We went out to eat on Friday night and I had salmon and green beans and carrots so I know the carbs were low but I am guessing the oils, spices, sauces weren't so great. I just skipped my nightly dessert.

I am not doing it to a T. It is hard for me to have the mid morning shake and I honestly have missed the dessert 4 out of 7 nights. I am just not hungry. But I give myself a little more lean/green at dinner. I usually have 5-6oz of protein and lots of veggies or side salad. I tend to snack on carrots/celery and roasted red pepper hummus when I need to munch mid afternoon.

My biggest temptations was a soft serve ice cream cone I got my 2 year old at the zoo. She couldn't finish half of it and handed it to me. UGH! But I threw it out. GASP! and that was after a few licks so it wouldn't drip all over the place. It was so tempting. I was proud of myself

Another was the warm bread brought to the dinner table on Friday night to keep the kids occupied at the restaurant. I was DYING!! WS must make a low carb warm bread, LOL!!

What I like: Hot Cakes and Oatmeal. Both are much more filling, higher in fiber and less calories than either cereal. The oatmeal MUST be cooked stovetop for me, the microwave was a disaster.

I think the shakes are much much better than the smoothies but then again I have never been a big fan of yogurt-based smoothies. I think it would be more tolerable if I blended it with some ice and maybe a few berries for my mid morning snack. Will have to try. Shake flavors I like: Chocolate, Chocomint and shocker Mocha (I hate coffee but love these!)

Spicy Pasta - AWESOME and filling. Veggie Joe - I messed up the time I made it, but it was just okay. Again, all of these taste 100% better when they are stove cooked so I will try that for Veggie Joe next time.

I haven't gotten to any soup yet. Some of the snack bars are WAAAAY too high in sugar. 12-14 grams a bar. I left those for my husband. The coconut and peanut butter (not crisp) have the lowest sugar and highest fiber. Both are pretty good.

Chocolate Cake - okay. Toffee and Butterscotch pudding were very good. I licked the bowl.

Pretzels were good. More like buttered crisps but decent for the amount of fiber and protein. A good in the car type snack or if you need munchies. My husband tried the sour cream and BBQ o's that are supposed to taste like chips. He said they were decent.

The ONLY downer is my husband lost 10lbs. Seriously. 10lbs in one week with ZERO exercise. I hate men!!!

Thanks for all the support here - hope I am on my way!!
  • A quick check in, things have been hectic here. I am down to 182, so another two pounds down.

I'm a little over half way through the food I bought, and am starting to trade some of the meal subs for mini-meals. I have been really tired feeling so I think the slightly higher carbs may help. If it stalls the weight loss I can always go back to the meal subs!
  • Hey y'all! Hope there's room for one more on board!

I made my first order last night. It shipped today and will be here by Friday. Can't wait! As soon as I get it, I'm starting. Until then, I'm trying to keep it under 1,400 calories and 100 carbs just to cut back a little in preparation.
  • Welcome Kayecee,

I love the ease of doing a pre-packaged diet system and WS products taste so much better than Nutrisystem
  • Quote: I love the ease of doing a pre-packaged diet system and WS products taste so much better than Nutrisystem
    This is what I love too! I just grab a few packs for the day, then come home and make my chicken with salad. I have cheated only once with a few fries from the kids happy meal night and 3 spoonfuls of fried rice lol

But on a goodnight, Sunday night will be the end of my first 2 weeks (yes I reordered) and I have lost 13 pounds so far.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Cupcake