3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Wonderslim #7

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #376

S/C/G: 198/tracker/160

Height: 5'5.5"

The pastries are new, I have them from nashua nutrition. Are they lemon or cinnamon with squiggles of frosting, clownfish?

Tiggie, check out the ideal protein section, it sounds like the same type of diet. There are some threads about alternative products, and where to buy them.

I'm still on vacation, still staying with my meal and real snack a day, plus my diet food. My shorts are still fitting so hopefully I am maintaining!

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” Gandalf

"I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them." Jane Austen

Last edited by Finny321 : 05-04-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #377

My food is here. I am starting on Monday!

Quick question I can not find the answer to. Meal Replacement Bars do not come in the 4 week box but they are highly rated on Diet Direct. When do you use them?

WS Meal Replacement bars compared to Snack Bars. The Meal Bars are 10 calories more than the snack bars and have 3 more grams of fiber, 3 grams LESS of sugar and 5 grams more protein. They are $1 more per box of 7 right now on Diet Direct.

When are you supposed to use these? In place of a whole meal or in place of another item such as lunch, snack bar, shake etc..

Thanks in advance. Reading all these posts is getting me so motivated!!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #378

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

I eat a protein bar only at lunchtime.
I only get a 15 minute lunch so it has to be quick.
Lunch is a cup of soup and a protein bar and a glass of ice water.
I use Pure Protein bars and I get them at my grocery store for about $1 a piece which is much cheaper than buying them at Diet Direct.

July Weight Loss Challenge

July Exercise Challenge

http://sallypineapple.blogspot.com/
Old 05-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #379

S/C/G: 184 /179/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finny321 View Post
The pastries are new, I have them from nashua nutrition. Are they lemon or cinnamon with squiggles of frosting, clownfish?

Tiggie, check out the ideal protein section, it sounds like the same type of diet. There are some threads about alternative products, and where to buy them.

I'm still on vacation, still staying with my meal and real snack a day, plus my diet food. My shorts are still fitting so hopefully I am maintaining!
Yes, I have the cinnamon ones, pretty yummy. But suprisingly high in calories.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finny321 View Post
That reminds me of those flat lemon cookies with the light frosting. They used to be GREAT, haven't seen them in awhile though.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #381

I'm back from vacation. I'm not going to weigh in this week, but, I'm right back on plan and will weigh in next Thursday. Eating while gone went well, I kept to my meal replacements for breakfast, am snack, lunch, afternoon snack, and then ate Disney food for dinner and dessert.

I had a new job offer that I accepted for much more an hour while I was gone, so will be starting at a new place the 24th. Sadly, where I was working just had me go home, they didn't feel two weeks notice was necessary as I was still in orientation for another week. So I guess I'm on an extended vacation for another two weeks!!

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” Gandalf

"I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them." Jane Austen
Old 05-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #382

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Finny what do you do for a living?

One calorie at a time!

Sheri

My ticker is my 6 month goal
Old 05-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #383

I am a newly certified CNA, but, I'm hoping to be a LPN student in the fall. I used to do merchandising.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #384

S/C/G: 167/164.5/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Starting Week 5 on Monday :(

HI all. Great to hear about all of the great success. I'm so frustrated right now. My son came home sick about two weeks ago, had a fever, then I got it, then my husband got it, the only one who didn't was the four month old which was good Everyone is well and better now, but for being out of it for something like three days, couldn't work out or walk, then the following week just didn't have the energy for it. Had stayed on the food for pretty much the entire time, even though had no energy and just felt and still fell tired and just sluggish. My fifth week of the food is coming up and I haven't lost ANYTHING. I can't seem to get to 159 pounds to save my life, and keep going from 160 back to 162 for like the last two weeks. My husband bought me a killer watch/heart rate/pedometer that keeps REALLY good track of my steps, but I would just think even just eating the food I'd be loosing some weight even without being able to do my walks during the day????? IM AT A LOSS RIGHT NOW and don't' know what to do
Old 05-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #385

Are you measuring your dinner foods, megoune? And what are you eating for your regular food meal? Can you keep track of what you are eating and post your food list with amounts?

I know I was really surprised how small a portion a food is, what seems like a 4oz portion of meat is often 12oz or more. Breads, pastas, and fruits are often oversized portions. Sauces and condiments can hurt you too, are you using sugar, jams, ketsup, barbeque sauce, sugary and/or fatty salad dressings?

Old 05-12-2012, 01:33 AM   #386

S/C/G: 167/164.5/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm doing the 2 cups of vegetables, basically a salad, with a low fat dressing or just vinegar and oil, and my 3-4 ounce of meat for that particular day. I sometimes don't even put in the starch cause it's just too much or I forget. I don't use any other condiments and when I do use the starch it's a 40 calorie bread (really yummy) and I'll toast it and sometimes put a light layer of sugar free (ick, but getting use to it) jelly.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #387

Maybe eating too little? Try tracking your calories on daily plate or my fitness pal, if you are below 1200 a day, you could be putting you body into starvation mode. If that is the case, I'd eat extra (1400 calories, maybe?) a couple of times a week.

With how I am doing the plan, I eat 1400-1600 calories a day. I didn't want to do a super low cal diet so I mixed the women's plan with the men's plan to give myself a bit more in the calorie. If I exercise more than usual, I add another snack in to off set it.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #388
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Happy Sunday all - and Happy Mother's Day to the mommies :-)

Sorry I've been MIA for a long time again. I try to keep up with everyone reading my daily email of posts from you guys, but it's been tough lately to keep up. But welcome to any newbies, congrats to everyone losing - to those struggling -> DO NOT give up!!! Nothing worth doing will be easy, you will have to fight for your health...and it WILL be worth it in the end when you are stanging in the mirror checking our your new svelt figure ;-).

I have unfortunately been sick all week :-(. Last Sunday I went to a state park for a nice long trail ride and unfortunately did not tick check wel enough and come to find out monday I had a ticke bit on the side of my butt -_-. Didn't find the tick though. Wednesday morning saw a big red bump on my groin that looked just like my butt one, and found the damn tick imbedded on the inside of my leg near my groin - I flipped out!! So it clearly was in my bed. I went to the Dr to get it removed and I was put on antibiotics. Friday, I started getting a really bad sore throat (that I still have), and alstnight I went back to the Dr with a 100.1 fever. I was so bright red the Dr asked if I had been in the sun because I looked sun burned (which I hadn't been in the sun). They took blood and think I have an unrelated viral infection of some sort. They say that because I don't have the bulls-eye rash to suggest Lyme and my sore throat says it's unrelated to the tick bites. Other than that, they don't know what's wrong with me. I have no appetite, I feel dehydrated no matter how much I drink, have aches, runny/congested nose with sneezing, and random pains in my lower right abdomen area - I'm a mess! *sigh* I just find it weird that I get bite 3 times, one of them the tick stuck in, and all of a sudden I get sick? hmmm... I was given Rx ibuprofen dose to help bring down my fever and was told if it doesn't go away or stay lowered after 48 hours to go back. smh...whatevs.

Anyway...other than that, I've been alright. Weight loss isn't really my focus right now since I'm dropping quickly from lack of appetite and eating which doesn't really count. Once I'm well again I will be back on track full force! Sorry for the long winded post....I was hoping someone may have some insight to what might be going on with me...

Sara
Old 05-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #389
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Well, I started today. I started with what I have in my pantry already.
Breakfast was a coffee, protein bar, and a spinach/strawberry smoothie
Lunch was Caramel protein pudding & Dr. Praeger's Veggie burger
Dinner was chicken breast with tossed salad, 1 pc of bread w/ICBINB and then a protein bar

I got 8 glasses of water in and I vacuumed/cleaned for 2 hours which MFP says burns 304 calories ..

Hopefully the scales will show my efforts soon! I tracked it ALL in MFP and it says I was at 1202 calories, 117 carbs, 44 fat, & 78 protein. Is there a limit that you all try to stick to? I think the calories are good, but probably not the carbs and fat.

***ETA..I just realized I'm only supposed to have one snack bar a day. I'll remember that going forward. I need to buy some of the hotcakes and cereal. Anyone have suggestions? I wasn't impressed with the oatmeal..it was sticky and yucky to me. Also, anyone have loss information like how long it took to lose 10, 20, 30..etc.. I just want to have an idea of what to expect. I know we're all different, but there's a range I'm sure.

Last edited by Rocki : 05-15-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #390

I love the Hotcakes. I add a tablespoon of flax seed to them, they are delicious. I like the Kay's brand cereals that diet direct sells. I did not like the oatmeal either, but used the packets up by making it into pancakes. I added 1/2tsp of baking powder to the mix and enough water to make it like pancake batter.

I weighed in early today, and I am still at 184. So, I may have gained a bit while on vacation, but thankfully whatever I gained I have lost.

Sara, I hope you are feeling better. Lyme disease can present without the rash, so if they haven't run the blood work to rule it out I would have them do it. Also, scarlet fever has sore throat and red rash, it is a strep infection, did they do a throat culture?

Last edited by Finny321 : 05-15-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.