Wonderslim #7

You're on Page 2 of 35
Go to
  • OK...this is the 3rd time I'm trying to type in my post!!! I keep hitting the dumb touch pad on my laptop and it keeps highlighting and deleting my text.. RRRROOOOAAAARRRRR!!!

hehe...well I am having a great week! It's been 5 days since I started and I snuck on the scale after work today to get a peek of my weight (even though I'll have a normal weigh-in Monday mornings in the buff after using the RR) and I'm at 237!!! I won't update my ticker til after Monday morning's weigh-in because it'll be more official and I know it'll be lower :-D. I'm SO HYPED!!! I don't even feel like I'm dieting because everything I've had has been so yummy. Add in the fact my pants are fitting better since I'm a lil less bloated and I'm on cloud 9 to see this working in just 5 short days. *sigh* :-)

I'm hoping to be either at or under 200 lbs by the end of May...we're going to vegas for just under a week. Aaaiiiiyyeeeeeee!! :-D I've never been there and I'd love to be able to buy some cute new outfits. I'm so excited to be healthier and the thought of being in better shape for this summer is lifting my spirits like they haven't been in sooooo long.

I've been battling autoimmune thyroid disease for yes, and it's been killing me inside. :-( I gain weight just by looking at food, my hair would fall out in chunks, my skin felt like leather and would always be itchy, my face was always puffy...and not from being as fat as I am...it was a different kind of puffy. But I feel like there is a light at the end of this tunnel. I've had God wake me up recently and this past month since I've been back in a Church and going down the path i feel like He is pushing me toward and I can't believe how much things have improved for me and how quickly in all areas of my life, not just my health. It truly is amazing how much He loves us and how he will really guide you where you are meant to go if you just listen. It's a blessing I'm even alive...I was born November 6th, but February 8th should have been my birthday. My mom reminded me the other day about my story - being born 98 days early and she was told not to get attached to me because it was only a matter of time before I died. Everyone has a purpose in life, we just have to be open to His plan for us and things fall in place. The hardest part is opening up so we can hear Him.

Sorry for "preaching" if anyone doesn't believe or is squeamish about faith talk...I just had to give it back to Jesus for saving me. <3 because without Him I wouldn't be here today....literally.

I hope everyone is having a great day!!
  • Sara, the birth of a child is always a miracle but it sounds as if your survival was a miracle of great proportions! I think it's wonderful that you realize and embrace that you have a special purpose.

Speed, more than likely that fast gain you experienced was from the salt in the restaurant foods. That pesky sodium can really do a number on you but thankfully it can be flushed out pretty quickly, too. I think you were wise to go ahead and enjoy your planned outing and then get back to your program. I think sometimes I overcompensate "after" the fact because I felt so deprived at the time. This is a long road ahead and life doesn't just stop for dieters. I think I'm needing to adjust my "all or nothing" mentality as it doesn't seem to be fitting properly.

Shero, I still haven't understood why our thread was closed...don't suppose it matters since we have another one but for some reason I expected it to go much longer. Oh well...as long as we all migrated to the new one, no harm done.

Chattie, I've been meaning to try that sloppy joe packet but haven't. You made it sound so good that I think I will. I had heard other good reviews about it but somehow it keeps getting pushed back into the corner while I continue to pick my favorites.

Speaking of which...did you all get an email about WS cookies? I'm not sure if they are totally new but they are new to me. I ordered some for those days I have trouble getting everything in. Somehow I doubt I'll have trouble eating a cookie...LOL

Rose, where exactly is that blog? I had found one on here that I really enjoyed reading but can't locate it now. Don't know if the girl has gotten too busy to write entries or what but I loved her style of writing. I never could figure out how to bookmark her blog either.

Nowisthetime, about a year or so ago I bought one of those doctor type, balance arm scales. I had a digital scale and an old-fashioned scale already but neither of them ever gave a consistent reading. It was just like you described. I could step off and then back on and get something very different. Never did know what was right! Finally my husband insisted I buy the doctor kind...LOL...the only time he ever "insists" I buy something is when he's tired of hearing me complain about it.

ExTex, hope all is going well for you.

Everyone have a great weekend!
  • Weigh Day
    Good morning everyone. I love these weigh days, I never said that when I was not on a weight loss plan! I lost 2 pounds this week, now at 206. I can just get a glimpse of Onederland over the hill. Even with these stinkin' 2 pound a week losses I should, hopefully, reach it by the end of the month.

Sara: What an amazing start to life! I'm a believer also, and know I can't make it one day without leaning on Jesus. I feel like this whole diet has been by His strength, not mine.
    I felt the same way you do when I discovered Wonderslim. I knew I had found the diet I could stick with for the long haul. I'm eating more now than I did prior to the diet and am losing instead of gaining.

Speed: Glad you had a great time at the concert. Like Toy said it's a life process so a planned deviation from the diet is going to occur with life events.

Toy: The blog is escapefromobesity (d0t) net. I haven't been able to post a link here.
    So..to everyone...hope you have a more successful weight loss than I have this week!
    Shero: Wow, you are getting some great losses! Congratulations and keep up the good work.
  • Hi everyone I'm so glad I found this thread for Wonderslim. I was hoping they had a website with forums like medifast does but this is nice to see. I ordered Wonderslim and it arrives on Tuesday I can't wait to start. I read a ton of reviews and decided to do WS instead of Medifast because of cost and taste. I've done Medifast and I don't like most of the products and I was always hungry. I have 110lbs to lose and I want to lose 60 of those by he end of August when we are going to Disney I refuse to be this fat for Disney and I need all the support I can get.
    What do you find works best with wonderslim? I can't drink just shakes I need food so I ordered shakes, puddings, pretzels, chips and the entrees like cheesy mack and a few others. Just wondering what you all have on a tpical day and how you have made this program work best for you? Advice and support is much appreciated!!!

Melissa from NJ
  • Words of wisdom
    I was whining to my husband about my 2 pound loss this week. He is my voice of reason. He said "You're doing all you can co. All that's left is patience." I have a problem being patient when I want more results and I want them faster. Oh well...quiting is not an option, so guess I'm going to have to work on my impatient self.

Melissa, So glad you're here. I love this group, everyone is really supportive.

I'm doing the New Lifestyle diet using Wonderslim products. The products are the same except for cost and customer service :-) I eat every 3 hours starting at 7 am and ending at bedtime. I have a lean and green meal for dinner each night. (8 oz lean protein and 2 cups of green vegetables.) I have anything from the product line that sounds good at the moment for the other meals and snacks. I seem like the salty meals more than the shakes or puddings. I generally will make a pudding out of the shake mix.
    Tips: Start drinking a lot of water now to get yourself used to the increase you need when you start the diet. Keep posting! You probably won't encounter anything that someone hasn't been through before and we can all help each other.
    Again, welcome!
  • So, I went to Weight Watchers today to weigh in ... This (remember) is my first week on WS ... and I feel SO MUCH lighter, and my clothes fit SO MUCH BETTER ... so, you can understand my surprise when they told me I was down 3.4LBS ... I assumed it was at least 5! Anyway, I am happy and am aiming for another 3 or more next week.

Last Monday I had that "4 large homemade chocolate chip cookie" fiasco .. but other than that (oh, and an extra 3 oz banana the other day), I've been 100% OP - weighing my portions at dinner and everything.

My husband said my face looks thinner ... which was sweet & encouraging, although I'm actually aiming for parts a little lower than the face to thin out (lol). Sigh!! :/ I guess the part that bothers me is that they say they first week you usually lose more than you will each consecutive week ... so I was hoping for a larger loss. Ok - enough of me whining.

Speed: What concert did you go to? And I would never have been able to survive the Arby's trip (LOVE ARBY'S!!) ... It's wonderful how you "owned" what you did on your trip - accepted your gain, and are now 'back in the saddle' . Accountability and acceptance is such an important part of learning for us in this weight loss venture. Good luck to you (and everyone else) this week!

Hoping to see less of you all next Saturday!
  • REKP Thanks for the warm welcome I do look forward to sticking to these groups and losing weight together. I have a long road ahead of me but god willing i will bet back to where I once was. Have a great day!!!!
  • Do you all have a favorite Wonderslim meal? I'd love to hear more I'm going to read posts on the old threads too.
  • Welcome, Melissa! Glad to have you join us for the journey. I like the pastas (after I learned to use a large enough bowl to avoid the boil over). Sometimes I add a dollop of fat free sour cream to the pasta with the beef and have a mock stroganoff (sp???...no idea...LOL). Plus, a very big surprise to me has been the mocha shake. Never would have guessed it would be my "go to" before chocolate!

Chattie, sounds like you're off to a good start! More than likely you had already lost your water weight with your WW program. I would guess that what you lost this week is true fat so that's a very good thing!

Rose, shoot, 2 pounds in a week trumps 5 in a month any day of the year...LOL! Don't let yourself get discouraged like I did. I'm still trying to shake off the disappointment.

Shout-outs to the rest of you...ExTex, Speed, Now, Shero, and Sara. Hope you're all having a pleasant weekend. It's really cold here today for a change (unseasonably warm prior to this) and getting my water down is a chore. Oh well, needs to be done regardless of the temp outside.
  • Quote: Welcome, Melissa! Glad to have you join us for the journey. I like the pastas (after I learned to use a large enough bowl to avoid the boil over). Sometimes I add a dollop of fat free sour cream to the pasta with the beef and have a mock stroganoff (sp???...no idea...LOL). Plus, a very big surprise to me has been the mocha shake. Never would have guessed it would be my "go to" before chocolate!

Chattie, sounds like you're off to a good start! More than likely you had already lost your water weight with your WW program. I would guess that what you lost this week is true fat so that's a very good thing!

Rose, shoot, 2 pounds in a week trumps 5 in a month any day of the year...LOL! Don't let yourself get discouraged like I did. I'm still trying to shake off the disappointment.

Shout-outs to the rest of you...ExTex, Speed, Now, Shero, and Sara. Hope you're all having a pleasant weekend. It's really cold here today for a change (unseasonably warm prior to this) and getting my water down is a chore. Oh well, needs to be done regardless of the temp outside.
    Good to know about needing bigger bowls thanks Toy!!! Ho long have you been on WS and can I ask how much you have lost? Do you think 60lbs is obtainable for me by the end of August? I can't do just shakes though I the WS snacks and entrees too.
  • Hi All-

I'm worried about Ms. Miller finding the new tread. I tried to send her a private message but it is not a option. Wish they would have posted where to find us when they closed the tread.

I had the twin grandchildren over night Friday so I was pretty busy. They required a lot of Grandma's attention cause they love to interact with me. So I have played Jr. Monopoly, taught math, been read to and watched them play Mario Cart on the wii. I dread taking them home because going into a home that is such a mess is so disturbing to me. Good grief just throw out some of the garbage laying all over. We rent the house to her and it bothers me so much but what can I do about it? I am just teaching the children while they are here that we clean up after meals, and pick up our toys when we are done so we dont loose the parts. Any prayers for this situation is welcomed. I just plan dont understand.

Hubby's birthday is today so yesterday i made him a cake pizza-it turned out so cool.

I finally feel the weight loss in my clothes. The one thing that get's me is your stomach looks bigger because you begin to loose your apron. I have also been noticing that I get full on smaller portions. You could say I have been "off plan" for a couple days.

Peyton0914 I believe you can loss 60# by August. I am hoping to loss 50# by July 2012. I started in January.

Toy glad to see your still here. I was worried about you. Can you talk with your doctor about increasing your movement. Maybe a little walking?

Did you reading my last post on the old thread?

Have a great evening ladies.

One last thing. My treadmilling has been going great. I have increased my distance in the last week. Excitement!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I do think you can do 60 by August. You're young and probably quite active. I think it is very reasonable to expect 10 pounds a month so that should work for you. If it doesn't, you'll be very close!

I've lost 24 pounds...correction, 21 pounds since I regained 3 but I am nearly 60, have some health issues, and so inactive I almost could be rooted. I keep planning to go sign up for water therapy exercise but it seems to keep being postponed. Right now we are awaiting some test results to see if my husband will need to be hospitalized...chronic issue that had been a bit better the last couple of years. So much better that we had almost forgotten the frequent hospital stays of the past.

Anyway...if you guys miss me for a day or so, don't worry. I may not be where I can access my laptop for a day or so. We may be traveling out-of-state for a surgery. I just don't feel like explaining it right now as it is a lengthy thing to understand. Short story is it involves his gastric pacemaker and we don't know what's happened...could be the battery or a wire dislodged. Last time a wire had eroded into his stomach and they had to cut a little wedge of the stomach out. I'm hoping and praying this isn't as serious as that was. I think we may know more after a test they'll run on Monday. Not going to think about it right now since we're at the waiting stage.

As for my diet...stress always causes problems but it's a catch-22 as the nerves also cause an upset stomach...not going to concern myself with that now either. This is one of those life moments when the diet dims and other priorities surface.
  • Quote: Do you all have a favorite Wonderslim meal? I'd love to hear more I'm going to read posts on the old threads too.
    I'm doing the New Lifestyle Plan using the Wonderslim products. I'll often times add a can of diced Tomatoes to several of the entrees in order to beef up the volume. It turns them more into a soup or stew, but I cook it down to make it nice and thick/chunky. Throw some rotel into the spicy chili and it will more than double the volume while adding only 65 calories. Its extra spicy though and will clean your sinus! The Tomatoes are part of your lean and green for the day and they are allowed. One thing I am thinking about doing is adding a can of tuna fish to the spicy mac and cheese. I like tuna helper and this might be a good substitution technique to stretch the volume out. On the New Lifestyle Plan you can have 8oz of lean meat a day. I've been on this for less than 2 weeks, so I'm sure I will stumble across some inventive ways to stay on plan and doctor up the meals at the same time. Let me know if you come across any!
  • Quote: I'm doing the New Lifestyle Plan using the Wonderslim products. I'll often times add a can of diced Tomatoes to several of the entrees in order to beef up the volume. It turns them more into a soup or stew, but I cook it down to make it nice and thick/chunky. Throw some rotel into the spicy chili and it will more than double the volume while adding only 65 calories. Its extra spicy though and will clean your sinus! The Tomatoes are part of your lean and green for the day and they are allowed. One thing I am thinking about doing is adding a can of tuna fish to the spicy mac and cheese. I like tuna helper and this might be a good substitution technique to stretch the volume out. On the New Lifestyle Plan you can have 8oz of lean meat a day. I've been on this for less than 2 weeks, so I'm sure I will stumble across some inventive ways to stay on plan and doctor up the meals at the same time. Let me know if you come across any!
    Yummy these are very good ideas and I look forward to trying these as I too love tuna! I don't get my order until Wednesday but I can't wait to start! I'm really hoping I like it better than the Medifast diet!!!
  • Good Morning
    Speed: What a great idea to add tuna to the spicy mac and cheese. I usually fix a box (7 portions) at once, on the stovetop to have them ready for the week without having the infernal boil over in the microwave when I fix them one at a time.
    Melissa: I think you can lose 60 pounds by mid August. Think of all the fun at Disney in your new size!
    Toy and Shero: I said a prayer for both of you and your families this morning.
    Toy: I'm going to try to implement your plan to weigh only once a month. I was seriously disappointed in my loss this week and the amount I still have ahead of me to lose. I've put the bathroom scale away, hopefully only to be seen the first of every month. Wish me luck fighting the pull to drag them back out and "check" to see if I've lost.