Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 209/198/155

Height: 5.7

Shero - you can buy the WS stuff at Big Lots? I have a BL near me but have never really gone in there.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 198/tracker/160

Height: 5'5.5"

I think Shero meant you can buy Nutrisystem at Big Lots. I think Wonderslim is brand specific to Diet Direct, though my diet shopz and nashua nutrition both have similar items.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 315/294.6/180

Height: 5'7

I'm still here...just got out of the hospital and put on even more steroids.

Jaelini - I'm also on Remicade. I have had severe crohns disease for the past 6 years now. Been on Remicade for 5. I have developed an infection from the remicade treatments (due to no immune system) and it has taken over my lungs. They just about collapsed yesterday and so I was hospitalized. Just got home with 4 more weeks of prednisone and high dose antibiotics. Got a long road of recovery ahead. I have had 9 crohns surgeries: bowel resections, fistula repairs, and c-ton insertions. Very difficult road to say the least! Will be thinking of your son! Still down at the weight of my ticker as I've not really been eating well at all. The steroids will probably kick in later with hunger...but right now the antibiotics make me sick to my stomach. Crohns sucks.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Hi All-

You can buy Nutri-system at Big lots. Some are lower in protein but they are a great lunch item. I also found some Kashsi nut rolls.

I did good today. Started the day with a shake. Had a pure protein bar and one of the Kashi rolls. Supper is always the challenge. I had homemade sloppy joe on low calorie wheat bread with some oven-baked home fries. My portions were good.

I want to lose this weight. Sometimes it is so difficult. I am such an emotional eater. Since I lost Teena at the end of February I have been struggling. Teena was my almost 13 year old Yorkie.

Sorry for your health issues Airen08.

For those of you that want to count calories Loseit.com has a wonderful calorie counter.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Default Good Morning

Macilly: Welcome! I look forward to hearing about your progress on the diet! It does work.
Finny 321: I'm sure our local shelter would bring out a cat to see if Parsley would like him, my biggest concern is that Parsley would act up and be rude to the new cat. We just can't have that here in the south, even if he is a cat. haha. I think if we can take him in and keep him in his carrier and introduce the cats from the outside there won't be any danger of brawls. He really is a sweet cat, just a little psycho.
Shero: This week I saw a yorkie with it's head out the window of a car, hair blowing and just the happiest look on it's face. I thought of you and Spring when I saw it. I'm glad you're enjoying the jeans. Let me know when you're ready for the 18-20's and I'll get some in the mail to you.
I look forward to hearing about your loss this coming month. You can do it! We all can!
Thank you, again, for the soups. I still enjoy those for my morning and afternoon snacks.

Just a funny... I mentioned that my friend gave me a bunch of size 14's she had under grew on the Wonderslim diet, I decided to try on a couple of pair last week since one pair of my 16 pants are a bit loose. The first pair I tried with an elastic waist didn't go over my thighs, the second pair with a zipper and set in waist band went up, zipped and buttoned (read with a LOT of effort here) I felt like my kidneys were in a vice, I could only take little guppy breaths, and knew if I tried to set down I would burst the seams, but they did go on :-) My plan is to try that pair every week until they fit, I hadn't had a pair of size 14's on for 25 years. So a very small non scale victory.
Airen: I'm SO sorry to hear about your Crohns flare up. I just said a prayer for you that this will pass quickly, the antibiotics and steroids will work and you will feel better soon!.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

REKP-I am ready for those clothes. Pants are getting baggy. One of the employees that has been laid off said "you've lost a lot of weight", she made my day.

I need to get an updated picture of Spring posted she is just awesome and very active. Last night she was tired so she went in her cage by herself and slept. Made me feel good because that means she is not traumatized by being in there will I am at work.......

Hope you all are having a good week.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #187  

I had a good day today, my big batch of food came, so I have enough for the next month and a half. I snuck onto the scale (official way in isn't until tomorrow) and it appears I am down 7lbs. I was already doing a low carb plan, so this is outstanding to me. I've never lost more than 5lb in a week!

I started Synthroid today, hopefully I will start feeling better with my very sluggish thyroid being treated.

REKP, that is cute! I bet he will love another cat around, once he gets used to the idea.

Shero, sounds like you had a good day. People telling me how young I look, or that I lost weight always make my day!

Aerin, I hope that the meds are kicking in and making you feel better.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #188  

Good Morning All - so today is officially DAY 1.

Got my food yesterday and was happy how quick it came in. 2 days seems like a nice turnaround time. I read over all the literature and sorted through the box. I am pretty sure I am exchanging a couple items cause I don't love soy isolate as the first ingredient on my food. Thankfully - not a lot of the food had that and I am going to want more shakes anyway.

So Day 1 -

6:30am - I drank 3oz of milk and I made a chocolate shake. I LOVE the blender cup. Added the 8oz of water and filled the cup up with ice chips. It blended smooth and tasted great. Will definitely order more of these.

9am - I made the Apples Oatmeal. I was hesitant about this one because I don't LOVE oatmeal but surprise - tastes good. Again - will order more.

I plan to eat a soup at lunch with a piece of fruit.

So far so good. My one area of BIG concern is the water. I just don't seem to drink enough (any) and I need to start working on that. So - am I doing this right? Am I eating this food in the right order/amount?

Last edited by Macilly; 03-29-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #189  

Default Good Morning

Macilly: Glad you're on the program! I don't think the order of the food is any problem at all. Several times I've felt like oatmeal or hotcakes for supper (dinner elsewhere :-) and that's exactly what I had. I think you have unlimited leeway on that. Water is really, really important. Try to get your 8 cups in, every day. I wasn't much of a water drinker either, but after a while of making a conscious effort to get it in, it comes way easier now. I drink a 16 oz glass every couple of hours during waking hours.
Sounds like you're doing great. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #190  

REKP - thanks! Do you drink the dairy? Wasn't sure about that one.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #191  

Default Dairy

Macilly:
I use the Wonderslim and New Lifestyle products interchangeably, but have stuck with the New Lifestyle diet plan. It's pretty much 7 packets of food plus 8 oz lean protein and 2 cups of veges a day. It doesn't allow any diary at all except for skim milk in cereal. I'm sure if it let me have it, I would be eating/drinking all I could have. :-)
Old 03-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #192  

Are you eating fruit or is that not part of plan? I had an apple about a half hour ago because I keep looking at this schedule and its kind of hard to figure out just exactly when I am suppose to eat what.

I was thinking of substituting a package of starkist chunk light tuna (18 grams protein) for the soup at lunch and eating the snack bar. Looking at their chart I am already one shake behind
Old 03-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #193  

Macilly, the Wonderslim plan allows one fruit serving a day for women. I am using a modified version but here is the basics of the women's plan:

1 Protein serving, cooked weight 4oz very lean (140 cals/serving) or 3 oz lean (170 cals/serving)

2 vegetables (approximately 25 calories/serving)

1 fruit (approximately 60 calories/serving)

1 starch (approximately 80 cal/serving)

2 optional (<20 cals/serving) (1 of these can be a dairy) (dairy 50/cal a serving)

7 meal substitutes (3 meal replacements, 3 protein supplements, 1 bar)

For the meal subs, I don't eat a lot of bars as the sugar alcohol bothers me, so I pretty much have a three shakes, a dessert type item, a chip/pretzel/cracker, an entree, and a breakfast packet. I save 3 meal subs for later in the day, I tend to get hungrier at night. It keeps me from munching on stuff I shouldn't. On the "what did you eat today thread?" I post my menu each day, if that helps you? I do eat a bit more vegetables on my plan.

I don't eat every allowed item every day, though I do get all my subs in, the rest I try to balance until I hit 1200-1500 calories.

Last edited by Finny321; 03-29-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

I still have trouble getting all of my meals in but the water which I never did has gotten easier and I actually go over now.
I fill up a 24 oz blender cup with water and have it with me as I watch ty.
I always had to eat something while watching tv even if I wasn't hungry. Now I just sip on the water while watching my show and it is all gone before I even realize it and I am not putting food into my mouth.
I am mixing up some of my leftover Nutrisystem from ages ago and WS and the weight coming off keeps me going.
My major problem is exercising. I just can't get into it and I have no oone to work out with so I need to find a motivator for that. My daughter is suggesting Zumba.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #195  

Great work on the water Sally!

I lost a total of 7 pounds this week. I am very pleased. Instead of treating myself to food that I shouldn't have (as I previously would have), I treated myself to an on plan dinner; lamb chops, along with brussel sprouts and a serving of potato dumplings.

I made a lemon pudding, and topped cherry sugarfree jello with it for later.
Closed Thread