Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 315/294.6/180

Height: 5'7

Rose - Oh yeah...I'm a Hilltopper, but unfortunately for them, I bleed blue!! Thank you for the tips on cooking the food!

I'm down another pound this morning after finishing 1/2 of day of actual WonderSlim food. This morning, I made the apple cinnamon oatmeal. Eh. It's ok. Maybe if I add some apple pie spice or cinnamon it would improve it. Very bland, but I ate every bit and am hopeful it will hold me over until my morning shake. I just packed a lunch bag of new things to try today - chocolate shake, cookie dough bar, and another mocha shake for the afternoon. For lunch, I'm eating my lean and green since the office I work in is going out to eat today. Then tonight I'll probably try the Sloppy Joes and try the chocolate cake in the evening. Very happy about this decision so far!! And I love the little shake bottle they give you - I'm definately going to order some more of those.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #137  

Chocolate Shake and Cookie Dough Bar are both keepers. Did you know that even if you use one packet out of the box, you can still exchange the box for something else?! That's rather exciting to me! I'll be exchanging some things as soon as I try a couple more things. I'll be trying the Vegetarian Joes here in a couple minutes....I'm planning on putting it on a low carb pita with tomato and some mustard. Then tonight I'm trying out the chocolate cake...haven't heard a lot of good stuff about it, but we'll see.

Last edited by Airen08; 03-15-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #138  

Hi everyone,
I just started Wonderslim this past Monday and have enjoyed reading through your old threads getting advice and ideas. If its not too late I would like to join your 8 week challenge to help stay motivated. I've lost 9 lbs. so far! I know it's mostly water, but it's very encouraging. I need to lose about 72 more pounds so I have a long way to go...
Old 03-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

JulieRae:
Welcome! Awesome weight loss...To me it's never mattered if the weight loss was water, or actual weight, if it was on the scale one time and not the next it's a loss It's certainly not too late to join the weight loss challenge, and I look forward to your posts of your continued loss.

Airen08: Your meal plan tonight sounds really good to me. Did you know you can make muffins out of the oatmeal if you don't like the taste or texture of it? I mix a packet of oatmeal, one packet of hotcake mix some pumpkin spice seasoning and enough water to make a decent batter. It makes two muffins that I think are really tasty. One muffin per serving, but they are decent size.
There is a blog called Escape from Obesity that has a lot of recipes for the Medifast foods. I've used several with the Wonderslim food and so far haven't had any huge failures, or anything I absolutely wouldn't eat.

Did you see the game tonight? I was actually getting a little worried with WKU knocking down the 3 point shots during the last few minutes.

I'm finally feeling better and was able to make up some of my missed exercise bike miles today. I hope I've lost some at weigh in on Saturday, but figure at this point it's probably about a 50/50 chance.
Hope everyone has a good, on plan, day tomorrow!
Old 03-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #140  

Rose - I saw and yes, I got worried! However, it's the Cats...they usually pull through anything. Thank you for more tips!

Yesterday the vegetarian joes were so good! I could see making it for a "taco" salad or maybe adding a couple kidney beans for a "chili". Not at all impressed with the chocolate cake...I actually threw it away after taking one bite. That will be exchanged. This morning I'm sipping on the hot chocolate which isn't too bad at all. Especially since I'm still nursing a sore throat.

Welcome JulieRae! I look forward to seeing your losses and how everything goes! I'm in the middle of my first week and am so happy with the quality of food and the losses I'm having! Congrats on the loss so far! I'm a daily weigher (maybe a bad thing)...so I'm seeing little 0.2-1lb losses each day!

Have a great Friday everyone!!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone:

Welcome Julie and Airen. I am wondering where all the other people are-I know Toy is dealing with medical issues. What about Speed of Sound? REKP looks like we are the only ones that are still around right now.

I have been busy tending to Spring the baby Yorkie. She is awesome but alot of work also. She is a very busy puppy and has become quite independent in the last couple days.

So I have been trying to get back on plan and tend to have a couple shakes a day on a good day. I also like the spicy pasta for lunch. I have alot of the Nutrisystem Black bean soup that I got from Big Lots. I was surprised to weigh on Wednesday and be at 245. I was weighing to see how much Spring weighed. Todays weigh was not as good but I had Chinese last night and I understand that is very salty.

So do I claim Wednesday weight or todays?

Wonderslim products I like:
All the bars of course but I have found the Pure Portein Brand to be just as good and alot cheaper.

Spicy Pasta-Get the water hot then add the spicy pasta-mix and put back in the microwave until it almost boils over-let it sit for a few minutes. I think you can avoid the run overs. We have a hot water tap at work on the coffee machine. It works great after putting in the microwave for 30 ish seconds.

Chocolate Shakes. Strawberry and Wildberry smoothies. To my amazement I like the hot chocolate.

If anyone wants so Raspberry hot chocolate I have some I would send you....just message me.

Things I did not like that I have tried: The sloppy joe mix--the oatmeal and the soups.

Just wanted to post and let you know I am still around.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #142  

Default 8 week weight loss challenge..Week 2

Hello everyone, I was actually surprised to lose 2 pounds this week, in spite of myself apparently. I was at 194 this morning and seeing 200 slip farther behind me. I never want to see that number again! If I continue with 2 or 3 pounds a week, it's going to take probably 3 or 4 months to finish this journey...but it doesn't matter how long it takes, finish I will! I'm determined.
Shero: So happy for your loss this week! Your puppy is so cute! How much did she weigh, did she even move the scale? She looks so tiny. My husband weighs, then we weigh the cat. He is 11 pounds and actually very fit. The vet says "that is one big framed kitty" I think he takes that after me
Hope everyone has a good, on plan, week ahead. I hope to have a better loss since the virus I had this week seems to have moved on.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #143  

Thank you Shero! Congrats on the losses Rose and Shero!

I'm down another 1.4 this morning. I've tried a couple other things since I was here last. The hotcakes were decent (especially with some sugar free syrup), loved the wildberry smoothie (although i will add less water next time), basically the only bars I've found I enjoy so far are the chocomint, caramel butter pecan, and cookie dough.

If you all have tried: cookie bar, alfredo pasta, cheesy mac, or any of the bari wise bars, please let me know what you think of them. I'm considering placing an order for some bariwise bars (they are pretty comparable to the WS with less carbs) and a couple more little shakers. Then, I will be exchanging a couple of boxes for some pasta, bars I like, and lots of shakes.

Have a great weekend everyone! This one may be a little trying for me...I like to eat out on Sundays after church...going to have to watch myself!
Old 03-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #144  

Height: 5.6

Hello, seems like every body is doing good here.. Im down to 156 for now. I did fell off the wagon one night when my work had lamb and lobster for dinner. Other then that ive been doing pretty good. So far im about 7 lbs down in a week and a half
Old 03-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Spring had her first vet visit-she is healthy and weighs 2.4#..........Pure Protein bars are also good. I got mine today on Sale buy 2 boxes get one free so I paid $13.00 for 3 boxes with 5 bars in them..........

Hope you all are having a good weekend. Wish we would get some post from the others like Toy and Speedofsound, I miss them.

Current picture of Spring.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #146  

Well, I've finally got everything boxed to be exchanged on Monday. Still trying to make some deisions on what to exchange them for. I now have some favs: mocha shake, caramel butter pecan bars, vanilla shakes (with some PB2 mixed in!!), vegetarian joes, and the cheesecake was good with some sugar free cool whip. Then I've got a bunch of ones that are good enough to keep with some tweaking here and there. Could not stomach the strawberry shakes, but the strawberry yogurt smoothie was good!

I went ahead and placed another order for some small shakers to go on the road with me while I work (I travel a lot!), some bariwise bars to try, biscotti, and the ranch, pizza, barbecue, and salt and vinegar chips. Then I'm exchanging the WS for other WS products I haven't tried yet...alfredo pasta, cheesy mac, cookies with icing, cookie bar...

I have to say, not even a week into this and I love it! I know that I get to eat 2-3 hours and I'm thinking less and less of food all the time. I am really bad for fast food with my job and this is the first work week that I didn't touch it once! Big accomplishment for me!!

Have a great Sunday everyone! Sitting here enjoying my vanilla shake made in my Ninja with crushed ice, PB2, and a pinch of splenda.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #147  

Question: Where do you get Pure Protein Bars? And what are your fav. flavors?!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #148  

Default Good Morning

Shannoni and Airen: Congratulations on your weight losses! It's so nice to see the scale headed downward isn't it!
Airen: Part of my weight gain happened due to travel with my job, and travel is still a problem for me. I was on an expense account with $35.00 a day allotted for food. It was part of my benefits, and I NEVER let any benefit go to waste :-) It was doing horrible things to my weight, I was making really bad food choices on top of the amount of food I ate.
Congratulations on resisting the call of the fast food places! It does seem to get easier as time goes on.
Hope everyone has a great, on plan, week!
Shero: I miss our friends as well. Hope they will come back to let us know how they're doing from time to time.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #149  
Turning it around...

S/C/G: 215/see slider/145

Hi All...

After a rather lengthy hiatus from here, I am back and so grateful to have found the Wonderslim thread! I ordered the 12 week program and should be getting it any day now.

I decided to go the WS route because my oldest daughter is getting married in August (in the Dominican Republic...can you say beaches and bathing suits?!?!) and while I have been on WW for some time, the .1 and .2 weight losses per week (if I wasn't staying the same as the previous week) just was NOT cutting it for me. I appreciate their saying, "At least its not a gain..." but again, I have a do or die date to prepare for!

I plan on reading through all the old forums to get ideas on how to jazz up the WS packets and looking forward to having much success on this program!
Old 03-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #150  

Rose - thank goodness I don't have an expense account! I would be MORE huge if I did! I actually work for a board of education as an educational diagnostician. I work for the largest county in KY so I travel unbelievable miles each week. I test kids in headstart all the way to high school for special education and have meetings to place them in the program. Absolutely love my job, but it's getting very difficult for me with my arthritis, knee issues, and crohns disease. I'm trying to hang on as long as possible!

Welcome Jaelini!! Can't tell you how many times I joined and re-joined WW. Ugh...so depressing to lose those measly .1's and .5's for a whole weeks worth of doing what in my mind was close to perfect! ...and all the money spent on that program!! I hope you enjoy WS as much as I do! The hardest part for me right now is coming home in the evening and trying not to snack until bedtime. I have found that saving my bar until the end of the day and cutting it into small bites helps tide me over a while. Also, keeping myself busy with my quilting helps too!

Hope everyone has had a good Monday so far!
Closed Thread