Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #31  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenH View Post
I'm enjoying your progress reports, Grace. I've been doing PureFoods off and on for a long time, though not the gluten-free version. I've been getting a bunch of snafus lately, and today I had a talk with Susan in customer service. She's great, by the way. Anyway, she said they're changing their menu a bit, which the web site hasn't caught up with yet. Also, the shipping department installed some new software, and it's not working the way they thought it would. They're having a bunch of issues.

After my years (yes, years) of being on this program, this is the first time I've had so many shipping and supply problems. I hope they get them worked out soon. In the meantime, I'm thinking of trying another company's food. Was BistroMD as good as PureFoods? Better? Thoughts welcome. I've never done any home delivery program but PureFoods and am thinking I should remedy that.
Lauren, thank you for the perspective. This is very helpful. Just the idea that this is a NEW blip in a long history of good service helps me. I have suspended my delivery for a few weeks, though, because I had a backlog in the fridge and a trip out of town. Also was getting a little bored.

So, this week (back) will continue to be an "on my own" week and I'll get set up for another delivery next week, most likely. Thank you for letting me know this is a glitch you're experiencing too. I did get an email from Susan letting me know there will be another credit for the missing meal, but I replied to ask whether I should stop selecting that particular meal or WHAT. Never heard back. Hopefully they'll have the website set up with the accurate, available meals soon.

As for BistroMD, I loved it. Truly. It's the kind of food that was SO good (and SO to my liking, taste-wise) that I would've stayed on it forever, if they had had more gluten-free options *and* if money were no object (it is pretty expensive). Of course, I was on BistroMD in 2008 and toward the end of my delivery term with them, things were changing (and not for the better). The packaging was getting less sturdy, the portion sizes were getting smaller, and due to gas prices spiking, the delivery charges were going up too!

So, all around the time I was done with BistroMD, they looked to be having some "issues." I read about it all, here, but only experienced the very beginnings of it. No idea whether any of those issues still exist.

But I LOVED the food and found it really filling and fresh and tasty. Also, every customer service issue was dealt with SUPER fast. Credits for missing items, no problem. And because there was (is, still) no official gluten-free menu, the dietitian was really helpful in coming up with a plan that would work for my needs. Stellar service.

If you go back through the older posts at my 3FC blog (linked below and in the sidebar), you can see my photos of the BistroMD food (and some of the PureFoods Fresh Start food, in the more recent posts, of course), but again, that's all from 2008, so some of the meals may have changed.

Here's to happy, healthy progress for us all!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #32  

Are you still using the Pure Start GF foods program?? Would love to chat with you about it! I started using it a week ago, also GF, haven't met many other people who have used it... thanks for sharing the pics onyour blog, I'm referencing it in a blog post I'm currently writing! Will link to your blog!
gingerlemongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #33  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerlemongirl View Post
Are you still using the Pure Start GF foods program?? Would love to chat with you about it! I started using it a week ago, also GF, haven't met many other people who have used it... thanks for sharing the pics onyour blog, I'm referencing it in a blog post I'm currently writing! Will link to your blog!
I haven't had a delivery in a couple of months. I got bored with the options -- even though they're all tasty (or at least all the ones I continued to order) -- because there were so few for me to choose from, week after week. So, to give myself a little variety, I went off for a bit, and I seem to be doing okay.

I still have some more photos and reviews and need to get 'em all posted at another blog location (I reached the max on the photo storage at the 3FC official blog site), but life gets in the way, y'know.

Received a call from the PureFoods folks a couple of weeks ago that they've changed their menu and I should check it out. I logged on and saw two new gluten-free items that interested me, and the removal of one of my VERY favorite gluten-free items (boooooo) so I know I'll have to go back in and "shop" again, when I am ready to pick back up. Maybe later this summer. We'll see!

Hope things go well for you! Gluten-free eating is tough, but so worth it, for me!

Happy July!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote