3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Wonderslim #6 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/248286-wonderslim-6-a.html)

ExTex 01-15-2012 12:10 PM

Last post, I promise!!! ;)

I just wanted to say, Y'all are fantastic! Your posts have really made it easier to diet. Just knowing I'm not the only one doing this really helps!!

A big thank you!

TOY 01-15-2012 01:37 PM

LOL...had to laugh at the "shaking too hard"...

I've mentally been considering the shaking to be arm exercises. First I shake with one arm, then I switch to the other...LOL

I'm pretty sure I've over-shaking the drink but my arms are getting a work-out.

I also add a couple of small ice cubes to mine plus I think I probably put in more water than suggested. It's my "sneaky" way of getting more water in my day plus the drink takes longer...although if you saw me drink it, you'd believe I was drinking medicine. I don't savor it at all...just drink it like it's a race with the clock or something.

I woke up this morning hungry. I think that's supposed to be a good sign that the metabolism is firing up or something. Some mornings I'm not hungry at all when I awake. Could just be a carry over from the stomach upset yesterday and because I didn't eat enough yesterday. I think I must have had a low grade fever, too, because my lips are really chapped which is most unusual.

Anyway, I feel back to normal today...thankfully. (Forgot to mention that as I shake my WS, I can't help but think of that song, "Shake, shake, shake...shake your booty" LOL...since when I shake, everything tends to jiggle, I guess I am...unintentionally...LOL)

Shero 01-15-2012 02:31 PM

What is worse-shaking wonderslim all over the place or watching a raw egg sliding down the cupboard to the floor?

When I first started back on Wonderslim I thought about the hunger pains-I never feel them when I am not dieting. It was kinda exciting I knew I was doing a good job.

ExTex-you can never post to much. Seems like we have lost some people posting here lately though. Cant wait to see the monthly totals. I am so excited....

ExTex 01-15-2012 06:13 PM

Oh! Am I hungry today!!! :0p

I think I've tried just about everything in my package and definitely came up with some "never agains."

First off, the oatmeal. Oh my! I could barely choke it down. I couldn't handle the glue like consistency. It makes me shudder just thinking about it!

The chicken noodle soup-I so wanted to like this and I just didn't. I was really disappointed. I am wondering if I should even bother trying the cream of chicken....

The strawberry smoothie and yogurt. Too sweet for me! I don't mind the berry smoothie; it makes for a nice change from all the chocolate.

Peanut Butter bars. Eh. Not a fan of peanut butter so I figure, why bother? Might as well get something I like.

I am sending all of the above back for exchange as well as the chocolate cake and cheesecake. I really don't need them as the bars will do fine if I need a sweet treat.

All in all, I have ten boxes to exchange. I have some favorites to replace them with....

Spicy Pasta
Veg. Chili
Cereal-both kinds
Chocolate shakes-any sort

I am in love with the Spicy Pasta! Really, I think I could eat it every day for lunch. The Veg. Chili is not bad either after you spice it up a bit.

Do any of you have any favorites? What do your days look like as far as what you eat?

:0)

ExTex 01-15-2012 06:15 PM

Toy,

Love your "exercise." And I am sure I will now hear "Shake, shake, shake, shake your booty!" the next time I am shakin'!

~where is everyone anyway????~

ExTex 01-15-2012 06:25 PM

Oh, yeah...

Since I asked the question, thought I'd answer it myself!

8:00 - Cereal with a cup of black coffee (or two or three ;)
10ish- shake
12ish- Spicy pasta or Veg. Chili or bar
3ish- shake
5:30- 6 oz of baked cod with seasoning
2 c romaine
1/2 c cooked veggie (zuchinini, broccoli, etc)
1-2T low cal low carb dressing
5 green or black olives

anytime before 8- a shake, bar, or pudding. What ever I am in the mood for so I don't go to bed hungry.

Again, I am following Medifast with 5 replacement meals and 1 lean and green.

I also sneak in a hot dill pickle if I really hungry. It seems to calm down the hungries and I usually drink 16oz of water with it because they are so stinking hot!!

ExTex 01-15-2012 06:26 PM

Shero, your poor egg! and cabinets :0)

Toy, so glad to hear you're feeling better today!

ExTex 01-15-2012 08:30 PM

Toy,

I read your post Jan 1st in another thread; 19lbs in a month! That is amazing! Congratulations :)

REKP 01-15-2012 10:54 PM

The weekend

Toy: Thanks for your kind words about the game. You have an upcoming star in that Stokes kid. Wish we had him!
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hopefully it will continue.
I'm very excited to hear your results the first of next month.

I went to Big Lots today (love that store), I found some Nutrisystem brand soy chips. Bought one to compare to my bbq cheerio looking things I like so much from Diet Direct. The Nutrisystem ones have 2 gm less protein, but also 10 fewer calories and I think 1 less sugar. They are delicious! They are also $1.00 and my diet direct soy snacks are $1.50. I'll be stocking up on these.

This board is helping me as well. It does feel good to know you are not alone on the journey.
Good night all! Hope we all have a good (on plan) day tomorrow!

FattyFatFat 01-16-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExTex (Post 4172978)
Last post, I promise!!! ;)

I just wanted to say, Y'all are fantastic! Your posts have really made it easier to diet. Just knowing I'm not the only one doing this really helps!!

A big thank you!

:grouphug: LOL.

hellodiet 01-16-2012 03:17 PM

Day 3. It's just after 2PM and I'm soooo full. I don't even want to look at another shake today, LOL. I really really really like the vegetarian joe. At first I was like "Vegetarian? What the heck am I eating?" and then I really liked it. :P

I've been having headaches like some others mentioned. I think it's just from lack of caffeine...I used to down Mountain Dew like crazy...and I haven't had any since Friday afternoon.

I bought a few of those Healthy Choice steaming entrees in the frozen food section at Target and have been doing those for dinner. They are pretty good and it says the diet exchanges right on the box like 1 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable inside. I really can't cook so I don't know what else to eat...anyone have any suggestions?

TOY 01-16-2012 06:43 PM

Okay, FattyFatFat, come out, come out, wherever you are! Now we've seen you lurking, we've love for you to jump in and post. Of course, joining in our LOL's is good, too. Seriously, we welcome others to our support system here. Mainly we chat but it's encouraging to see others share the journey. You don't have to be doing WS to jump in.

HelloDiet, I'm not a good one to make recommendations about the lean and green because lately I'm not getting as much green as I should. I am trying to stay with chicken or fish as my protein (or eggs) since I learned in the past that I don't do as well with beef. I think it's only because I overeat the beef where I'm not tempted to overeat the chicken or fish. Pork has never been much of an interest to me since I had to help with hog killings when I was a kid. I pretty much don't like pork except bacon and once in a blue moon, ham. I wouldn't eat chicken until I was out of college because I watched my Granddaddy kill a chicken on his farm once. (Always said that if I'd ever seen a cow killed, I'd probably have been a vegetarian. What I have learned though from the dieting is that my lack of a strong protein amount in my diet is one of the reasons I am so fat now. Pity I didn't learn that earlier in life. I had no idea that protein really did keep you feeling full.)

Shero, are you giving your cabinets a facial? Had to laugh at your description of the egg mishap but I did feel for you. Can hardly think of anything messier to clean up than a slimy egg. Although I wouldn't want to clean up that shake mess that ExTex had either!

REKP, think you're right about the Stokes kid. I was impressed with his play...shoot, I was impressed with his shoe size (20!)...gosh, no wonder they have to special order his shoes. I think he's going to really be an asset as the season progresses. I was just proud we weren't totally blown out of the gym when we played your team. Must say though that I really don't like your coach...it's a left-over feeling from when he was at Memphis and dissed some of our players. I don't like that type of behavior from an authority figure period. Hopefully, you guys at KY can clean up his act!

Got to go...hear my hubbie come in from getting take-out at Outback. I'm having salmon with no salt, no seasoning and mixed veggies with no seasoning. I'm generally able to get two meals out of this one so it's a real good thing...LOL

Got a late, late start to the day since I didn't go to sleep soundly until after daylight. Somehow my days and nights have gotten screwed up...grrr.

Hello and hope your day went well to anyone I missed. Doubt if I'll be back on tonight but I'll check in tomorrow.

FattyFatFat 01-16-2012 10:56 PM

:-D Well, in that case. I've been doing pretty good myself! I don't use any of the programs anymore (though i've tried quite a few), now I just exercise a good bit and have been losing a lot of weight simply by drinking cold water and working on my rations. I DO eat much healthier than I used to, staying away from fried foods so much and all snacks except maybe twice a month. I figure as long as I still get my snacks to satisfy my cravings, I won't yearn for them so much later, you know? Not saying that will work for everyone, as it's still about portioning, but I'm just too busy to count calories. I eat ALMOST what I want (minus all the extras spices, sugars, etc.;.. pretty plain tasting but you get used to it and start to like the natural flavors of things) and just eat less food but more often. Like instead of me eating 3,000 calories in one meal. I'll eat 1,000 calories in 3 meals. I just make sure I am always doing something, whether it's on my exercise bike, walking up and down the steps over and over, or my personal favorite dancing while cleaning up!

ExTex 01-17-2012 10:00 AM

Good Morning, Ladies

Day 5....doing well. Haven't cheated and don't really have the urge either but I certainly still get hungry. I am fine all day and then around 7:00, I could eat a buffalo. I really hope that goes away.

HelloDiet, sounds like you're doing really well! Congratulations. I can't speak to frozen entrees for a lean and green meal; I generally cook all our meals. Sorry! I had very bad headaches too the first few days. Hopefully yours will dissipate as mine did.

Toy, I had a boyfriend in college whose family tradition on Thanksgiving was to butcher two hogs. When I would arrive to his grandmother's country home, I was faced with said hogs hanging in half off the trees facing the driveway. Yeah... seeing that could turn you off meat. I was vegetarian for years.

REKG, thanks for posting about Big Lots; I plan to run by there today and see if my store has the Soy Chips as well. Worth a shot!

You're doing this by yourself, Fattyfatfat? My hat is off to you. I know that is tough. I agree with you....eating less more often is the way to go. And water, you need to drink a lot of water always.

I tried the WS pancakes today. Pretty darn good and very filling. I topped them with Walden Farms Pancake Syrup. At no calories, fat or carbs, it is amazing how good it tastes.

Have a good day!

ashkunc 01-17-2012 10:11 AM

Hey everyone!

I am glad to see some activity on this forum! When I first started ordering WonderSlim products from Diet Direct in November of last year, there wasn't much activity on there. I have already lost about 8-9 lbs from this diet, but I have not been strict and have definitely cheated many times (dieting around the Holidays is tough!) I've always been good with the working out part, but not so much the eating right part :-)

Since I have tried a lot of their food now, I can comment on what my favorites are. I like to mix the shakes with my coffee in the morning (and I have never had anything explode, knock on wood) and then I follow the plan the rest of the day, as far as having 2 more shakes, a lean entree and bar/high protein snack for lunch, and then a lean and green meal for dinner. It seems to work pretty well for me and I don't get overly hungry as long as I am conscious of eating something every 3 hours or so.

My favorite shake is probably the Coco-Mint! Least favorite so far is the Strawberry Yogurt, but I haven't tried the Vanilla yet so I might like that even less, LOL! My favorite lunch entree is probably the Vegetarian Joe, but I also like the Spicy Cheese Pasta a lot. So far, I haven't been a big fan of the soups, but the Chicken Noodle is probably the tastiest of the three WonderSlim options. I'm not really into the desserts, so I have been substituting extra bars or entrees for them in my 2-week packs that I have been purchasing. The cereals and omelet are my go-to breakfast choices, I do not like the oatmeal or the pancakes at all.

I have started trying some of the snacks they offer on Diet Direct's website and so far my favorites have been:

WonderSlim Diet Cinna-Crunch 'n Chocolate
WonderSlim Protein Diet Chips (Especially the honey mustard...YUM!)
BariWise Protein Potato Chips (All Flavors--particularly Pizza & Salt and Vinegar)
Bariwise Fat-Free Biscotti (Almond Chocolate Chip is my favorite so far and they are great dipped in one of Diet Direct's diet hot drinks)

I have tried some of the candy options as well, but they are so addictive and i tend to over-indulge so I really should not be buying them frequently, LOL!

ProtiDiet Sugar Free Chocolate Dream Protein Bar (YUM)
Chocolite Sugar-Free Chocolate Bars (YUM!)
Atkins Endulge Bar (I tried Chocolate Coconut and it was like a yummy, low-card Mounds bar)

I also have found an AWESOME type of protein snack/candy that I LOVE! They are called OH YEAH! Protein Wafers--you can get them online at Amazon or Vitamin Shoppe and they are YUMMY! 220 calories for 2 but only 8g. of cars and low sugar. Try them! I particularly like the Vanilla & Peanut Butter Cup, but again they are so yummy you will just want more!!

Hope this helps some people that are new to the plan and looking to try out some new snacks!!!