Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #76  
TOY

Oops, I'm back for a quick note to REKP lest I forget. I did have to forego my favorite honey mustard dipping sauce. One little cup had 150 calories! I opted for the barbecue which only had 45. Who'd thought there would be that much difference?

We love getting food delivered especially when we watch sports so I have started making it a habit to pull up the nutritional facts on the laptop before I order. Otherwise, I just make do with stuff in the kitchen.

These are pretty expensive but I learned about them when I was on NutriSystem. If you add turkey pepperoni (yes...they do make it and it's actually tasty!), you do feel like you are part of the bunch eating pizza. Hold on...gotta go search for the URL because I can't even remember the name of the pizza. They come packed in dry ice...pretty neat. Just 248 calories for the whole pizza and they're slightly larger than a personal one you might get out... larger than a saucer, smaller than a plate. Anyway, they are cheese and you can add veggies and stuff. Expensive like I said but a treat http://www.pizzafree.com/

As usual, I wrote more than I meant to...LOL...but I happened to remember about those pizzas and didn't know if you had heard of them. I hadn't until I read it on the Nutrisystem boards when I was on their program. As I said once before, I have picked up ideas and such from all the different diets I have done so maybe I didn't totally waste my time and money. LOL...yeah, believe that and next I'll be selling swamp land...LOL
Old 01-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Default Dusting Off my Treadmill

Hello Ladies-

i have changed my weight day to Friday instead of Monday. So I am a few days short of a week-so since Monday I have lost 3 lbs. That means 13 lbs since 1/1/12. That is a pound a day. At first I was bummed because I had lost so much last week but now that I do the daily thing-I am excited. Funny how things can look when you see it at a different angle.

Pizza-who doesnt love pizza-maybe I will figure out a low calorie pizza. Though I did have it for supper one day. 1/10th of a Red Barons pizza with the pepperoni off. Why did I eat a 1/10th cause I read the label and the serving was 1/5. I did not want the calories of the 5th. I had lowfat cottage cheese on it. Wasnt bad.

I have increased my calorie intake this week-I am averaging about 1500 calories now. The calculation on my program is at 1600 calories and I would meet my goal weight of 150 by Feb 2013.

I would love to see a fast weight loss for the first three months. I would accept 15lbs a month which would be 45 lbs. According to what I read on this forum that would be realistic.

Gotta get busy around the house, my goal is to get that treadmill dusted off. I would love to get something that burns more calories but I think that will be a onelander dream. Nothing burns calories if you dont use it.
I have a nice treadmill and I am sure if I could to the preprogrammed walking it would really be a great program. I need to get up early in the morning and get it done before I go to work---this would be a big accomplishment for me..............Cant wait to be able to post a tracker on here/

Toy-I didnt get married until 34..

Talk to you later.

Last edited by Shero; 01-14-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #78  
TOY

It's not my usual time to post but I got this in an email today. Just read it and had to share before I forgot or lost it. LOL

Shampoo Warning

I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner!!!!!

I use shampoo in the shower!

When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and

Printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning,

"FOR EXTRA VOLUME AND BODY."

No wonder I have been gaining weight!!!

Well! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and

I am going to start showering with Dawn dish soap instead.

Its label reads,

"DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."

Problem solved!

If I don't answer the phone
I'll be in the shower!

LOL
Old 01-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Default UK vs TN

Toy: I'm very, very concerned about the game tomorrow. We have such a young team without much "away" experience. Indiana beat us. The game against Auburn was ugly, but at least it was a win :-)
The pizza sounds really good. Going to have to check on that.

Hope everyone has a great weekend...on plan!
Old 01-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #80  

Sooo I'm finally starting WS tomorrow! I went to a job interview this morning and got a call back not even half an hour after I left...so I'm debating on whether or not to leave the other part time job that I already had. The new job is only 12-19 hours a week and the other one is usually about 20-25 but pays less...but I know it would be so much easier to do the WS with the new job. Hmm. Decisions, decisions!

I just realized that I can make pretty much everything right in my bedroom...The oatmeal, the chicken and noodles...duh, boiling water straight out of my Keurig! So I hope I don't get off track especially when that Keurig is sitting only a few feet away and "normal" food is in a totally different room, haha
Old 01-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Default Week 10 weigh in

Good Morning all...
Weigh in this morning was good. Another 3 pounds lost. Although I always hope for more, I am very satisfied with that.

HelloDiet...Congratulations on your new job offer. That will be a good start to the new year if you take it! Sounds like you have a good plan to have the hot water for soups readily available.

Shero: Great job on dusting off the treadmill and getting on an exercise program. Walking is wonderful exercise. I lost all my weight before with walking and portion control. I'm certain, had it not been for my knee injury, I wouldn't be dieting again. I had a MP3 player full of music I liked and could just zone out and walk.

ExTex: Congratulations on going into nursing school. It's hard, but the rewards will make it worth while. Really good job security in nursing.
My husband and I are both RNs and spent 25+ years as travel nurses. I do case management and product education now.

Toy...Looking forward to the game today. Have a lot of errands to do before 11 am! I actually like UT, just not when they play UK :-)

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #82  

Day 1 went pretty well until 4PM when I had already had dinner and was starving...so I ate some dry cereal and then took a nap to get my mind off of food. I might have also accidentally had a drink from Starbucks...and maybe a fish sandwich. :P

I think I just didn't space my food out far enough throughout the day so by 4 all I had left was one thing and I didn't want to eat that and then starve all night. Tomorrow will be better, I'm sure...but right now I'm pretty disappointed in myself. On the bright side, I only had a small drink from Starbucks and at least I wasn't cramming my face with everything in sight, lol
Old 01-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #83  
TOY

REKP, congratulations on the weight lost! (Mumbling under my breath..."I can be a good sport"). Congrats on KY winning, too. I so thought we were going to pull an upset. Oh, well. Ordinarily I wouldn't have been surprised but they played so well and kept it soooooo close! Grrr...LOL

HelloDiet, don't beat up on yourself. Today is over...just start fresh tomorrow. Drink lots of water, too, as that will help you feel full as you transition. I personally think the shakes keep me feeling full longer than the bars but that may just be a personal thing. I never have understood it but it's almost as though the bars leave me wanting to eat more and I never have that inclination with the shakes.

I haven't done well at all today because I haven't eaten nearly enough. I have had an upset stomach since the wee hours and just haven't been hungry. I've slept most of the afternoon and I suspect I was just worn out from not sleeping well last week. Not sure exactly what but I do need to eat something else...stomach still doesn't feel settled so I'm a bit hestitant to eat.

Shero, congrats on the 3 pounds, too! Seems like that's the number this week. I hope I, too, have lost that much! Sometimes (especially when I don't feel well) I am a bit questioning of my resolution to only weigh monthly. I think it's more of a weird "pity party" because I feel yucky and think that a loss might pep me up. Oh well, the first of the month will be here before you know it.

Theoretically I can't imagine that I "haven't" lost weight but I really don't feel like I have. Of course, I've been in loose gowns all week so maybe if I changed into street clothes, I could see a difference. This has just been a "dishwater" week with the back first and now the stomach. It's been a new experience since until this week, I've felt so much better after starting the diet. I should be mature enough to realize that this diet isn't going to halt the daily aches and pains, etc. I've just never been a good patient and this is no different. I know that rest and sleep are important expecially when your body is undergoing the "stress" of a diet so I suppose this is my body's way of getting me to rest although fitfully.

ExTex, hope you're doing well. Anyone lurking? I hope you'll feel welcome to post, too. Maggie (and others who have posted)...hope all is well.

Tomorrow will be a better day, I'm sure. Everyone enjoy what's left of the weekend.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #84  

Height: 5'6

Hello All! I tried to post yesterday but in the middle of it, my computer just started to shut down. Of course I was too frustrated to get back on at that point. Technology sometimes makes me want to tear my hair out.

Congratulations to all of us for accomplishing another day, mistakes and all! HelloDiet, don’t worry about it! My first day I literally locked myself in my office, read tons of these posts, did about three meditations for weight loss and snapped at anyone who came near me. :0) My boy and hubby were great sports. The second day, I had such a bad headache I stayed in bed most of the day and again snapped at everyone. Lol Yesterday, my third, was pretty darn good. I actually got out of the house and watched my husband eat pizza at Sam’s while drinking my shake….and I didn’t want to kill him! He is one of those guys who is a real bear if he doesn’t eat. I had to beg him to feed himself but the darling didn’t want to derail me. I gotta say, I feel great today. You can do it, HelloDiet. Just take it one day, one hour at a time. Sounds trite, but it’s true. I am not really a meditation kinda gal but the ones on YouTube really helped.

Toy, thanks for your concern about the low caloric daily intake.  And I don’t take offense; I think most people advise others out of a good place. I agree with you, too. I am mixing it up from day to day. I am a great believer in tricking the body so it doesn’t think it’s starving. I had great success losing 90lbs seven, almost eight years ago by doing the same thing and hope to repeat it this time. I’m not as hungry on WonderSlim, thankfully. I tried Medifast in the past and hated it. I ended up devising my own plan to lose weight. This program is so much better!

I’ll miss teaching, Toy. I already do but couldn’t wait any longer for a job. It was too depressing. Knowing I have such great opportunities ahead of me is exciting and I really can’t wait. REKP, I am very interested in working as a travel nurse. I want to wait until my son graduates high school; he’ll be in eighth grade when I am finished with my RN program so hopefully, I can get a lot of experience in a hospital that would make me a more attractive candidate for the job. Any advice you could give would be much appreciated.

REKP, I am still impressed with your cycling! My husband is a killer on the bike. In the warm weather months he goes on 25-40 mile rides a few times a week with a cycling team and rides his trainer at home, too. I just laugh when he invites me on a ride. Even if it’s just us, I can’t keep up. The bike and I are not friends!

Shero, congratulations on your weight loss, you too, REKP! It’s so encouraging to read about success. Toy, I am sure you’re losing too! I plan to wait until Thursday to weigh in. It’s hard though as I am one of those obsessive scale jumpers and I am afraid if I don’t see the results I want it might derail me. If sometime in the wee hours of Thursday morning you hear a piercing wail, that’ll be me, anguished at the numbers not moving on my nemesis, my scale. :0)

Wishing everyone great success and good health today!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #85  

Default I have a Theory

Yesterday was also I hungry day for me. We go out for breakfast on Saturday's so that is always a challenge. The waitress at Bob Evans remembers us from the week before.

I also had more yesterday than should have-but I ate good things-salads and a pomagranite. The popcorn was the calorie bust.

When we are so hungry is it the bodies way of saying hey-I need calories. I dont mean to sound like we can binge on chocolate and chips but logically feed it. I think if we were to log it we would find out it's about the third day of "intense" calorie reduction. I am thinking of my program that is on the KF (Kindle Fire) that has me on a calorie intake of 1600 calories for a 2lb weight loss. That means that I am restricting my body of 1000 calories a day. So to maintain my weight I would be taking in 2600 calories a day. That is a big drop. Just my theory hope it makes sense. Basically I am asking-when we are so hungry is the body saying "it's ok I need a few more calories".

It has been 13 days since I had a regular pop. I would say that's great. I have had some diet pop-mostly 7-UP or Sprite. Not a daily thing but in the last week. It's usually when I go to the store after work. I am still claiming victory.

Remember weekends are always hard. I am finding that smells are just awesome-hope I cant gain weight from them. LOL.

Hellodiet-We are glad to see your post and a little slip is ok.

Looking forward to hearing from others.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #86  

I forgot!

I've already had two mishaps with my WonderSlim shaker.

The first I was standing in my upstairs living room shaking up a Berry Smoothie when it exploded everywhere. And I mean everywhere! The chess board, chess table and chairs, the floor, the wall, even my cat! Usually I would just laugh it off because really, a black cat with purple smoothie dripping off of her glossy coat with that look on her face?! Hilarious. But all I could think of was, that's my lunch and I am starving!!! I was almost in tears. (Yep, it was the first day ;0)

The second time, this time over the kitchen sink, I was mixing a chocolate shake with warm coffee. Should of have heeded the warning and used only cold liquids. Again, an explosion! Can I just say this stuff is the stickiest goo I ever encountered? Not easy to clean up at all.

So, ladies, make sure your caps are on tight and liquids are cold when shakin'!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #87  

Ex-Tex when you get on the scale it is not going to be wails of disappointment. [It's going to be screams of excitement and your husband dragging you out of the bathroom because you keep getting off and on the scale because you are in unbelief off the weight loss.....lol

Our glass is not half full------ it's full of Wonderslim
Old 01-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #88  

Ex Tex-maybe your shaking a little too much. If you stop and open it then go back to shaking does it help???? BTW I got a shaker at Walmart for $6 that has the metal thingy in it. Love it. I use the pure protein bars-has anyone tried these?
Old 01-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #89  

Shero,

I think you're right. Hunger is a sign of the body needing more calories, and also a sign that you're losing weight. This is a drastic program and we should expect to be hungry, some days more than others. I think drinking water is key as well as eating every two to three hours.

I am always the most hungry at night, less so in the morning, so I try to save at least one Wonderslim Meal replacement for after dinner. I also eat all of my lean and green at dinner time. I usually stumble if I am hungry when I go to bed and that's when I cheat. Finding my "pattern" has helped a great deal.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #90  

Shero,

Your post made me laugh out loud! Thanks!!

I think my explosion the first time was because the white cap was loose and the second because the liquid was too hot. But, you might be onto something! I am sure I am shaking it too hard as well. I blame it on the mad delirium of wanting to eat as quickly as possible! lol
Closed Thread