3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Wonderslim #6

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #31
TOY

Maggie, so glad you're here...the more the merrier!

To be so different, we're alike in other ways. I certainly don't have the challenges you do as a mother to a toddler nor the college classes. (Never had children to my dismay and I'm retired now.) I'm 59 but only until March (touchy subject since I'm already getting mail that says "now that you're 60...LOL). Actually, age has never been an issue for me...certainly not like weight has been but I am getting to the age where the weight is affecting my health (seriously, I KNOW that it's affected it in years past but I'm "feeling" it now if that makes any sense...one of those out-of-sight, out-of-mind kind of experiences in life.)

Where we are so alike is in height (still claim 5'7" but I think my bones have settled a bit and I may be closer now to 5'6". However, I need a foot more so I don't sweat the inch. Weight-wise, I don't have the courage to share but let's just say I'm close to where you are now that I've lost 19 pounds. There's still a bit more of me than there is of you but not a whole lot. I hope I don't offend you when I say that in some way that is comforting to me. Not that I would ever wish this on you, but that you know and understand the challenges and trials, etc. However, given what I guess your age is and such, I daresay your mobility far exceeds mine. That should really work to your benefit as you lose weight...as should your age. I try not to think about the excess skin I'm going to have because that's a worry for another day. Unfortunately, the thought does seem to haunt me somewhat.

I haven't tried the oatmeal yet. I have some though. I'm pretty set in my pattern of the few bites of cereal I get. I had considered cutting costs by using my own cereal from the grocery but I have a very heavy hand when I pour cereal so I'm better served by using their pre-packaged kind. The first morning I about freaked when I saw the amount...LOL...now it's just habit so I haven't ventured into the oatmeal or the hot cakes or the omelet. I think I'm in the mindset of as long as it's working and I'm satisfied, why mess with it mentality. Seems like routine always trumps over variety in my book whether it be healthy or not. Too many repetitions of the foods I liked led to this state of being over the years. Now I'm trying to use my "rut" to work for me rather than against me!

I wish you much luck as you continue your start of the program. Hopefully, the little incident with the vomit was from the vitamin. I used to have major problems with vitamins not wanting to set well in my stomach. Haven't had much problem with these although I detest that vitamin taste and after-taste. I take alot of pills for various health issues and have started taking that vitamin first so that I end up with many mouthfuls of water to wash away that taste as I take my other prescribed meds. (I'm also taking those Omega-3 pills they suggested. No complaint about those though because so far I've yet to taste them.) One of my goals though (besides the weight loss and mobility issues) through this diet is to get rid of as many pills as I possibly can. My first bloodwork will be three months after I started this plan so I'll be excited to see if my numbers reflect the dietary change like I expect them to but I keep reminding myself that I doubt my doctor will adjust the meds after only 3 months. (Basing that on so many tried and failed problems with diets in the past, etc. I think it will take more than 3 months to prove to him that I do mean business this time.)

My husband and Yorkie are both sleeping in this morning so I have written way too much, I think. It's so easy to get carried away when it's a quiet world around me...LOL...that translates to no CNN blaring in the background. He's not up so it's not on...LOL.

One more thing...meant to ask earlier...what's your major?
Old 01-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #32

Yes, Shero, I got the 2 weeks worth. I'm really excited to be starting this for myself, I can't wait to get my package! I'm going straight on the Wonderslim.

Maggie, I noticed that you are from WI. Which part? I am in western WI.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #33

S/C/G: 338/338/150

Height: 5'7

Love your post Toy You've been such an inspiration from reading your previous postings. I'm an English major with hopes to teach high school students someday. When I was researching Wonderslim I thought about just buy grocery products and then dividing them up, but that thought exhausted me, lol. I understand the trials of being this size all too well. I've done some incredible things with exercise when I'm in the zone, but right now everything just aches. Tonight I realized that my chest sits on my stomach and that my stomach sits on my legs (when I'm sitting back on the sofa)... akward. It was just another reason to tuck away into why I'm doing this.

Welcome hellodiet! I'm from southeastern Wisconsin close to the Illinois border. I wish you great success on the beginnings of your journey!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #34
TOY

Woo Hoo, we're getting a regular little cadre of WS people here! I think it helps when others share the highway. Then, there's someone coming by in case you have a flat tire.

HelloDiet, you will be shocked at how fast your package will get to you if you ordered from Diet Direct. I was amazed! So far I have nothing but praise for the company and have done all my ordering online. I had one phone contact with them when I washed the blender bottle in the top rack of my dishwasher and the lid top will not stayed locked down anymore. It pops in but pops right back up. They were wonderful and said that it was supposed to be dishwasher safe and they'd send me another one which I've already received. (I had bought an extra one to leave in the car so I'd not have a "ready" excuse if I got caught out needing food since I don't always remember to pack a bar or chips or something but so far, I've been good. Truth be told, I think I had a senior moment and forgot I won't be needing one for work since I always had the habit of getting something like that to leave at work instead of transporting it daily.) Anyway, the gist of the story is that they were super nice and sent me a complete replacement even though I only needed the top. Guess my dishwasher gets too hot or something or it could be how I placed it in the rack, I guess. I'm not going to experiment anymore so I'll never really know, I guess. The lady I talked to said she washes hers in the dishwasher so maybe I just had one of those crazy experiences I sometimes do that leaves me puzzled.

Shero, if there's one thing I do wish they would address is their "lack of" a website with a community message board, etc. I mentioned it to the lady and she told me about their facebook page. Only thing is, I don't want to talk about things there under my own name associated with my weight. I sorta live under this grand illusion that others don't have a clue how morbidly obese I am. LOL...gee, never realized how much of a fantasy life I really do live...LOL Anyway, I do enjoy this board but from the quotes in their WS catalog, there seem to be many who use the product. Just wish there was a community site where we could hear more success stories, etc. The ones on their catalog site seem heavily edited for brevity. Not complaining though since I have found "my people" on this thread!

Maggie, gracious compliment but I feel anything but inspirational when it comes to weight loss! It's been the bane of my existence since I was 9 or 10 and hasn't let up yet. However, I am so hopeful that this time is my time. I seem to have (finally) a more mature outlook on the whole experience so perhaps I can learn to deny myself a moment's pleasure on the lips so I can achieve the hips (and other parts) I want. I just want to be able to buy plus clothes in a regular store (even Wal-Mart!) and not have to use a speciality store to spend an enormous amount to buy something that looks like it came from Wally's. (Nothing against Wal-Mart at all...I'm serious when I say I want to be able to fit into their plus clothes for casual wear. However, I also want to be able to get something nice from an upscale place when I want to dress up. I've never been a label shopper per se but I would enjoy wearing clothes that "matched" the price I paid...if that makes any sense.)

I was a secondary English major, too. Did my student teaching in sophomore and senior English and then in the summer before my first teaching job added an elementary certification. Ended up teaching middle grade elementary for about 10 years until I moved to the love of my career...teaching junior high math. Miss that classroom to this day! The last three years I was a grant writer/books supervisor in Central Office. It was a promotion I couldn't resist but I missed my students terribly and even though I was out in the schools frequently, it wasn't the same because they weren't "my kids" anymore. You will love teaching, Maggie!

Folks, I promise I'll try not to write a book every time. I'm just so sleepy and trying so hard to stay awake long enough so that I'll sleep all night. (I have a horrible habit of sleeping an hour or two and then be awake in the middle of the night for a few hours before I can get sleepy again.) Somehow the wires in my bio-rhythm or whatever the latest buzz word is for your body's clock have gotten crossed or something and if it doesn't straighten out on its own, I'm going to have to resort to an Excedrin PM or something. When I do that, I should sell tickets because those pills put me to sleep and then when I'm awake, it's as though I'm sleepwalking through the next day. I have had conversations (or so they say) on the phone that I don't even recall and I wouldn't dare drive because my reflexes are affected.

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. I'm awaiting my order, too, because just like a kid, I eat my favorites first and keep pushing back the things I plan to try one of these days.

Last edited by TOY : 01-05-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #35

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Red face Hungry day

I am so excited about this Wonderslim Forum. We all seem to have things in common. I am fifty years old-dont tell anyone they still think Im 21 LOL
I have never had children. Have struggled with my weight most of my adult life. I believe there is an underlying issue but that's to long of a post for today and not really where my mind is.

So here goes for my day-

I was an hour and a half late for work because I overslept. The start to my day triggered a series of events. I didnt get all my Baratic Wise Chocolate shake down but most of it. This shake is so thick and it's compariable to two of the wonderslim shakes. I had my water and WS Berry Smoothie and ready for the work day. Usually I go out to cash my check on Thursday's. Off I go with my shake in hand. The shake was just not enough. When I stopped at the Gas Station I bought a diet 7-up. I have not had a drop of pop since I started my adventure on New Years day. I am a Pepsi drinker and have to confess sometimes I drink a 2 liter a day. (wow I wonder how come I am overweight). Back to work I go but I am hungry-so I buy a Ham and Cheese sandwhich on Wheat out of the vending machine-throw a catsup and mustard packet on it and walla.

By the way I work at a desk all day so no exercise for me except for the short trots across the office.

I stopped at Walgreens and did some after Christmas shopping. I love bargains and I am so good at finding them.

I get home around 7 after dropping by to see my Great Niece and nephew for a minute.

Now at home I am still hungry. Just couldn't think of a shake I needed food. Husband not really into eating. My mind is racing "I need food". So I think WS Spicy Pasta-one of my favorites. I did cook two packages which adds up to 230 calories. Oh and it was so good. I feel content and happy with myself. See my goal was to do all liquid for 6 weeks because I am convinced that if stomach surgery patients can do it there is no reason that a person that is not having the surgery cant follow the same regimen. But my head tells me today I needed calories and when I put them in my Kindle Fire I will find out my calorie intake was still low. Not as low as other days this week but still low.

I am so glad people are posting on this WS thread because I find myself very eager to hear how other people are doing with their Wonderslim dream.

Let's all remember that it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound and 3500 calories to gain a pound. That's basic-and yes there are variables like how your metoblism is and stuff.

Sorry for the misspells. I am just not going to take the time to fix them-though I should cause Im supposed to be a good speller LOL.......

Working to get rid of the bread loaf so I can tie my shoes.

Thanks all for reading this and let's make this a super support system for our Wonderslim dream.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:18 AM   #36
TOY

Grrr for two reasons.....

It's 4 am and I'm been fully awake since the 2 o'clock trip to the bathroom but I checked email and saw a new post so I was going to respond since I can't sleep right now but then.......

Double grrrr...I was typing away when I hit something on the keyboard that wiped out over half of what I had typed.

So now I'm going to pout a bit by turning off the laptop and trying to go back to sleep. I'll write later when I'm not angry at my new laptop! (Fairly new and the touchpad is off center so I end up on wrong keys. Of course, it could have something to do with balancing the laptop on my stomach while I'm flat on my bed but I had perfected it with the old laptop. Unfortuately, the old one didn't like that last full glass of water that drenched it.)

Have a good day, ladies...I'll talk to you later on in the day when I'm a bit more alert.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #37

Looks like I won't get my DD package until the 10th...if the FedEx estimated date is correct, anyways. I was hoping to start on Monday...hmm. If I would have just ordered the day before and not questioned it... :P
Old 01-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #38
TOY

Sorry, Diet, that you won't be getting your food as quickly as you first thought. It seemed like mine came a bit slower this week than usual. I suspect they are still catching up from the holidays, etc.

Time for a confession of a sort...just to keep it real. I ate a package of animal crackers last night. The calorie count was 240 and I had some leeway left in my calories for the day but those were really what I'd call empty calories and didn't advance me anywhere. I guess I could beat myself up and wallow in self-loathing but I'm not going to.

Normally, I would use that derail to keep on messing up but I promised myself this time it would be different. I'm one of these my-own-worst-critic type of person and unless I make myself realize that "less than perfect" is okay, I am doomed to fail again. Funny how in the wee hours of the morning I can think things through better than in the moment itself.

I'm reminding myself strongly of the one-day-at-a-time commitment that I have made to myself. It doesn't excuse my slip-up but it does help put it in perspective when I remember that tomorrow is another day to restart and continue my journey. One foot in front of the other...that's the only way I'll end up getting to where I'm going.

Have a good week-end!
Old 01-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #39

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Default I'd like to join your group!

Hi, I'm Rose, and I'm happy to find this forum.
I started the New Lifestyle Diet plan on Nov 11, 2011 @ 258 pounds. Due to cost and much better customer service I started buying Wonderslim products after the first month. (Do you know the shakes and food is the same nutritionally, just different packaging.
I'm so thankful to God that this diet is working so well!
I can beat myself up for not starting this earlier, or gaining back a lot of weight I lost in 2006...but that's not productive. I'm just pressing on now and taking it one day at a time.
As someone said "The weight loss sure makes these shakes taste a lot better!"
I look forward to us encouraging each other through this journey.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #40

S/C/G: 231/227.8/150

Height: 5'5"

So it has been a rough couple of days. My fiance and I have been talking a lot about me getting healthy (he is a healthy fit guy, and doesn't quite understand the overweight factor for women). He has been trying to be really supportive, but lately it has been comments like " I love you to death but I'm worried that you will be depressed after you have a baby." I'm not even pregnant, so he is really concerned.

Sorry...rambling Anyway, I have been searching and searching for the right plan for me. I tried calorie counting, and had some success, however, I have no self control...NONE!!! So I have decided that I really need a more concrete plan to follow. Eat this now, this later, ect. It looks like Wonderslim is a great plan. I think I'm going to try the 2 week package and see how things go.

Keep up the good work and encouragment...it's so nice to see.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #41

Default Hello Everyone it's the weekend

Well things have been going good but not great for me. I had kinda a binge Thursday-ate what I had posted and continue to eat 1/3 (individual pkg) of ritz crackers with some Frito Lays cheese. Then a white chocolate snowman (which was not worth eating) and a pomegranate. The snowman was small but still.

Funny how I call this a binge because there are so many positives to it.

A. Only a third of the pkg of ritz crackers-when it was brand new when I opened it.

B. There were two snowmen so I could have eaten both.

C. The pomegranate is a good food if you are watching calories not carbs.

Ok but still felt that I binged. Remember my goal is to wonderslim only.

I'll fix it. I didnt eat anything yesterday-no shakes nothing with the exception of 2 cups of popcorn. I went visiting so I go home very late and my stomach was burning so I figured I better eat something.

I know I should eat and just need to get back on track.

Saturday-yum yum-lets go out to breakfast hubby---my body is wanting calories and I can tell it.

So here is my Saturday morning breakfast at Bob Evans:

2 eggs-poached (they call it something else)
2 dry wheat toast with a little thingy of margerine on it.
1 bowl of fruit (I did not eat all the grapes so I had food to bring home).
2 mini whole grain pancakes.

So as we sit there and we are eating I am attempting to eat slowly savoring every bit. My husband and I are discussing this weight loss issue and he suggest "the walk away diet". See I am a clean your plate person-very seldom do I push food away.......

I did it today-I only ate one of the pancakes. I eyed that pancake until the waitress took it away. I was full but I could have ate it.

So I am claiming victory. I need to get a shake down tonight and get back to that routine I had established earlier this week.

Hoping to hear how everyone else is doing this weekend. BTW-this is not the typical Bob Evans Breakfast for me....I'm to hungry to list the items that I usually eat but believe me this was a "lite" breakfast for me.

Had to buy a new scale my old one went haywire on me. Just at the right time.............Ugghhh Obstacles. You know you are trying to do something good when everything keeps getting in your way.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #42
TOY

Wow, Rose! If I'm reading it right, you've lost about 40 pounds since November? Super wonderful! I had read somewhere else that things in several of these "liquid" diets were the same with just different packaging. Haven't done very much research myself on it though. I personally think WS has a better taste than Medifast and I haven't tried any of the other shakes, etc. on the market. I am just so happy with what I'm doing that I'm "almost" (I was taught never to lie...LOL)..."almost" eager to see the doctor and get bloodwork in March. I've been told I'm a diabetic in denial so I'm most interested in what the A1C average for the three months will be. So glad you've joined us here. It's not that "misery loves company" because I'm actually not miserable on this plan but it is definitely "the more the merrier" since not everyone can post every day. If there are enough of us who do, then we'll get some type of encouraging post just by peeking in the thread and that's a very good thing!

Oh, Desi, how I can relate. I think of my husband and myself as Jack Spratt and his wife and there's no telling what others think. He's 6 feet and soaking wet and fully clothed "sometimes" weighs 145. He has health issues that prohibit him from gaining weight while I can gain on aromas. It is so frustrating but he is supportive thankfully. This time his fear is that I'm not getting enough calories and there is a possibility he is right since I'm not nearly as hungry now that I'm getting all this protein. I think when I start the water exercising (supposedly next week) I'll add one fruit and a protein because I'm not sure I'll have the energy I need to participate if I don't.

Shero, I can totally relate to your attitude toward your eating...and personally, I think it is a victory when you can leave some of what you normally would have eaten still uneaten. At least, I know it is for me. Normally, I suck it all up like a powerful human vacuum cleaner and am only left with remorse. When I'm able to withstand the "pull" of what I'm indulging in and actually stop my behavior, that is a step toward freedom. Forgive me for this advice though but please do think of how you are confusing your metabolism when you skip meals. I know everyone's body is different but when my body can't count on getting its food, it starts storing what I do eat for those times I ignore it. It just doesn't work for me. Don't know whether to offer sympathy or congrats on your new scales...LOL. I had to do the same thing last year. I had 2 kinds that were weighing my husband accurately and couldn't get the same reading twice on either one for me. I finally (at his encouragement) broke down and bought one of those balance doctor-type scales...at least when I step on and off it, I get the same reading!

HelloDiet and Maggie, hope you are doing well. One day closer to your order being there, HelloDiet...bet you're getting excited and nervous at the same time! Maggie, I hope you're tolerating the food better now. Hopefully both of you will check back in soon.

Have a great rest of the week-end, everyone. I just realized I've got to get up and go throw the rest of the box of animal crackers away...been meaning to do that all day and haven't gotten around to it. Rather than trying to avoid thinking about them, I've got to toss 'em.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #43

Smile Research and Education

Hi Toy and other Wonderslim conquers-

I agree that I need to have shakes everyday. To be honest I am scared of food right now. My eating behavior was so compulsive that I am afraid to eat. Yesterday was an off day-Didn't have to work so I just didn't make a shake. I spent the evening visiting with my neighbor and cousin-just didn't do it.

I can tell that I go off track. I was doing good with two shakes a day.
Along with a meal or a meal replacement from Wonderslim. I really do believe in this product-I need to accept that this must become a daily routine. I bought a new shaker today so now I have more than just my 2 cup blender. The BariWise chocolate shake calls for 16 oz's of water so it is really thick in my blender.

For those that wonder how it is best blended. Here is how I do it-Put the water in the blender at 6 or oz for the berry or strawberry WS (Wonderslim) smoothies. Blend and then add ice cubes and blend it again. I believe my 2 cup blender was about $12.00 and it's a work horse.

I read an article on another forum and it kinda depressed me. I wish I knew how to do a link for you but sorry I'm a newbie.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #44

Is anyone doing any specific exercise regimen with WS? I know the Diet Direct website says that the kits come with a lifestyle guide with exercise and activities to do. I'm getting really antsy because I am super excited to start doing this and better myself. I've been setting goals in my head and trying to figure out if I should get myself a little something for each goal I reach.

My first goal is to get out of plus size clothes. I'm hoping it goes pretty smoothly as I'm currently a 1x. This is really my first try at weight loss. I'm 24 so it seems like it's constantly on my mind and I'm really dedicated to getting on the WS and not cheating myself out of the things I know it can do for me.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #45

Beginning in 2009, he and his team recruited 50 obese men and women. The men weighed an average of 233 pounds; the women weighed about 200 pounds. Although some people dropped out of the study, most of the patients stuck with the extreme low-calorie diet, which consisted of special shakes called Optifast and two cups of low-starch vegetables, totaling just 500 to 550 calories a day for eight weeks. Ten weeks in, the dieters lost an average of 30 pounds.

At that point, the 34 patients who remained stopped dieting and began working to maintain the new lower weight. Nutritionists counseled them in person and by phone, promoting regular exercise and urging them to eat more vegetables and less fat. But despite the effort, they slowly began to put on weight. After a year, the patients already had regained an average of 11 of the pounds they struggled so hard to lose. They also reported feeling far more hungry and preoccupied with food than before they lost the weight.

The Fat Trap-NYTimes.com
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.