3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Wonderslim #6

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #16
TOY

Shero, I'm following the WonderSlim program with a tweak now and then when we eat out or something. When I do "tweak" that dinner meal, I try my best to make sure that I don't overdo the calorie intake.

For the most part though, I am following their program as it is. I am only drinking water though even though I love diet Coke and Diet Pepsi. I find that they cause cravings for me. I know they are allowed but I choose to stick with water only. (I did buy some Crystal Light lemonade but haven't made it up yet because so far I am satisfied with water.)

You may have read what I wrote earlier, too, about my decision to weigh only once a month. It's quite a radical change for me but I'm finding it so much less stressful. I literally weigh on the first day of the month and then "allow" myself to forget the scales until the next month.

I couldn't be happier with the program. I like the taste, the convenience, and even the price when compared to various other programs I have tried in the past. I think this is a plan I can stick with for the multi-month journey I have ahead of me.

Good luck on your program! I hope to see you again on the boards.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #17

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Thanks for your response Toy. I have tried WS before and it did wonders LOl. As long as I stick to it. Right now I am only on the nutrition drinks- day two and I feel good. I am looking forward to success. I figure I will do straight WS for 6 weeks-and then slowly reintroduce food in the proper amounts, I know it sounds radical but if I slip and have a meal or two. I will not be disappointed. After all I figure if surgery patients go on a liquid diet for six weeks-why cant I. I will watch my nutrition intake so I do stay healthy.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #18

I found Wonderslim after purchasing some MWLC nutients-compared labels and realized they are mostly the same.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #19
TOY

Shero, I'm not familiar with MWLC. What is it?

Just be careful not to consume too few calories by doing only shakes.

Did you lose alot when you did WS before? I'm never done this particular program before so I'm not sure what to expect after that first month. Do you remember if the rate of loss changed drastically or just enough to account for the initial water weight loss?

I do wish there were more people conversing who had been on the program before. There is a facebook site but I don't feel very comfortable expressing my questions, etc. there since it's more public than a diet forum. (Of course, I know this is public, too, but you have to be pretty bored to seek out a diet forum when you're not needing it...at least it wouldn't be on my top ten list...LOL)
Old 01-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #20

Hi everyone. I've been reading the posts about Wonderslim and decided to make an account on here. I literally just purchased some of the shakes on eBay. I have been considering purchasing one of the packages from Diet Direct but I have a few questions about it. I saw that there are actual meals -- is it just a heat and serve kind of dehydrated thing? Also, when you order from Diet Direct does it come with "Diet Direct" plastered all over the box or is it more discrete? I'm concerned about my neighbors seeing it and taking it if I am not home at the time of delivery, especially if it's a large box and looks like it might have been expensive(sad, I know).
Old 01-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #21

MWLC-is Medical Weight Loss Clinic. I have never joined it but found some leftover and start them, then found diet direct and compared the labels. The packaging was the only thing different. I did wonderful on the diet direct last time. Currently I am doing diet direct only with a few ops-like a pomangrate and some popcorn.
This is my third day and I feel great. I am keeping track of my calorie and nutrient intake on my Kindle Fire.
Yes I am taking in less calories then I should but I am watching my nutrients and feel this is no less radical than having surgery. Hello Diet I do believe the box is plain brown. If you are worried about it being stolen cant you have it delivered to a friend or relative.
I am not eating any of the Diet Direct foods yet but have in the past and had my favorites. Of course the bars are excellent. The pasta is not too bad and I was thinking the omelet sounded good. Sometimes you can buy the Diet Direct items off ebay but then you get things you may not like.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #22

The meals are kinda dehydrated heat and eat.....
Old 01-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #23
TOY

HelloDiet, the boxes I've gotten are just plain brown boxes with no logo on them. The reason I even noticed is because around Christmas I was getting various presents in and had to look at the return address to know when my Diet Direct food came in.

Shero already answered about the meals but I will interject that when it says "microsafe bowl," I finally learned to interpret that as a large bowl so that the pasta can boil and cook. Ummm...had many microwave accidents until I realized I needed a much larger bowl to cook the tiny amount. I haven't tried the soups or omelet yet but I really like the pasta dishes. I'm probably the world's worst to eat a particular thing over and over until I tire of it so although I have an assortment of things, I haven't branched out yet to try them.

I've liked everything I've tried so far with the exception of the pretzels. For some reason their taste didn't appeal to me which is unusual since I love pretzels. My rule is I'll try them at least twice before I cross it off so my final decision is still pending. On the other hand, I love the other chips, etc.

Shero, you're exactly right on the surgery being radical. I had almost decided to go that route but I am a major wimp when it comes to going under the knife (or even going to the doctor for that matter...LOL). Sounds like you're doing really well. Keep it up and I love hearing about your success with the program in the past...gives me much hope for my future.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #24

Thanks for the info Shero & TOY. I just placed an order for the 2 week kit. I'm really hoping this works as well for me as it has been for others on this site.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #25

Another good day except for the 1/4 of a hotdog. I mean just the plain hotdog no bun no nothing. So I will make sure to add it to my calories. Today I have had 2 chocolate shakes-they are from diet direct but they are Bariatric Wise. And one Wonderslim Berry smoothie (love them). The chocolate shake is very thick but is packed with nutrients. I am also very excited that I walked on the tread mill for 11 minutes. Doesnt sound like a long time but it is more than yesterday. Toy I enjoy your encouragement and the others that are using wonderslim. I cant wait to hear how much people have lost at the end of January. Me included.

One thing I have noticed is my sense of smell is going wacko. I went to Meijers yesterday and the food smelled so strong. Of course I was by the deli. Tonight when I cooked supper for my husband I could smell those hotdogs. So when I had a 1/4 of one I was proud. I wanted to stuff the whole thing in my mouth-extreme but true.

I refuse to not cook for my husband. It's like I am testing myself. But I feel so empowered by the decision to do this. My fear is that I will not stick to it. That is why I need support on this forum. I will probably just post here because it is the program I have chosen. I sure hope to hear how everyone is doing.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #26

Hellodiet-I am excited for you. You will have to keep us informed on how it is going. I take it you bought the 2 week package. Are you going straight on the Wonderslim or are you going to eat something (other than Wonderslim) for the two weeks. I will have to find my stuff that came with the Medical Weight loss clinic nutrients. There was some good recipes that came with it. I am such a Balsamic Vinegar fan now.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #27

Lpn how are you doing?
Old 01-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #28

Ok-one more post. I was looking back on the post on this topic, and I saw that Toy had lost 19 lbs in one month. Toy-wow what an accomplishment. Stick with it cause I'm excited to see what the scale says for you at the end of the month. I am no young chick anymore so it was nice to see your age.

One thing I am doing is not telling many personal friends what I am doing. I have had years of sabatoge and if they dont know they cant do that. My husband, beloved adopted neighbor Mother and one person at work. I have a facebook and they dont know. Kinda fun-like keeping a dirty little secret. LOL
Old 01-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #29
TOY

I totally identify with what you said, Shero, about continuing to cook for your husband. I am lucky in that some of my husband's favorite foods are things I have no interest in whatsoever such as gumbo and real spicy foods. Sometimes I tell him he has an asbestos tongue since he seems to tolerate (and really like) hot, spicy food whereas I don't even want the temp of my bland soup very warm...LOL (Makes for an interesting dish though because I never know how his stuff tastes and sometimes I put too much of the hot stuff without meaning to...)

I haven't told many that I'm on this either. If I shared it with some of my friends, I know their response would be "which one are you on now?" because I have tried and retried so many times. I so hope and pray that this time I will have finally learned to apply everything I've learned from all those different plans and "graduate" to a healthy lifestyle once and for all. Strangely enough I do think I have gained at least some knowledge from each diet program I have done...trouble is I didn't practice what I learned.

I'm excited to have someone to converse with on this journey. Long roads seem so much shorter when there's someone to chat with along the way. I try so hard to not let my "diet" take over the conversations between my husband and myself and since he's the only one I'd really openly share the ups and downs with, I need this outlet, I think.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #30

S/C/G: 338/338/150

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone! My name is Maggie and I am a Wonderslim newbie. I just started this morning and I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. It's been a little rough with the outward support of my extended family- my uncle and my mom (whom I love dearly and know they love me) have made some really frustrating comments about how low the calories are and blah, blah, blah. No one cares about me shoving thousands upon thousands calories in my mouth, but this program has cause for "concern". I'm 340 pounds at 5'7. I need help. I won't starve, but it will be a drastic change for me.

Sorry for the vent, but I completely feel for you Toy and everyone else who has dealt with sabotage or unnecessary commentary. What we all need is to build one another up and encourage each other to continue on. I am so excited to be on a forum with other people doing this program.

Yesterday I got my box and I don't know about anyone else, but my super duper excitement was replaced by the feeling of "Oh wow, it's for real now". Last night I broke down the meals according to the plan into daily bags so all I have to do is grab a bag and I'll have everything ready to go. I'm a wife, mother to a toddler, and a full-time college student so simplicity is good. I'm back to my excitement but for that moment, staring at that box full of packets essentially, I got a little panicky.

My breakfast of apple cinnamon oatmeal and mocha java smoothie was pretty good. I took the Wonderslim multivitamin as well. I have to admit that I ended up (sorry for the info) throwing up just a little bit ago. I don't know if I am getting sick, or if it was the food, or maybe the vitamin threw me off kilter. What I do know is that I am going to keep on trucking!

I look forward to getting to know all of you on here- THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!! Praying that each and every one of you reach your weight loss and health goals
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.