Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

ExTex: I think the mayo would probably be really good with tuna. I hadn't thought of that yet. I dipped some chicken in it tonight at dinner and it's tasting better to me all the time. I may try some tuna salad with it tomorrow.
Nowisthetime: My day looks pretty much like ExTex and Speedofsound posted. I eat every 3 hours all day, from 7 am until bedtime. Tomorrow is my weigh day, I'm excited to see if my better choices are paying off.
Scissorhappy. I said a prayer for you when I read your post earlier. I'll keep praying until you tell me to quit :-)
ChattieOne, welcome!! Great attitude! This time WILL be your success story.
Toy: We miss you. Hope everything is ok. Maybe you're getting some much needed rest.
Shero: Will mail on Wednesday of next week. I've tried to send you a PM all day and it just won't go through.
Everyone else...hope you're having a good week. I'm so happy to have found this board and the support I've felt from you all! Thank you!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Good Morning all-

Missing Toy? Hope everything is going ok for her. Waiting to see a post from Toy.

ChattieOne-Welcome. My nickname as a child was yacky so we should get along great.

Scissorhappy-Sorry to hear about your medical issues. Hoping that everything goes good at ER.. Seems like whenever you try to do something good, monkeywrenches are thrown in.

REKP-thank you so much. I did get your PM. You are an inspiration to all of us.

As I posted earlier. This week has been a struggle and I think in the past this would be the week I give up. My victory is that I have not. I placed an order today on Wonderslim. I am going to try the Bariwise Variety packs of shakes. Ordered some of their juice drinks-hoping this will give me protein and something to drink that is good. I miss my regular pop.

The reality of this being a lifetime change is difficult. It's one thing to do this program for a limited amount of time to lose it, this is not all it is about. Someday we all will be at our goal weights and then going back to our eating habits of the past cant happen. In 2 to 3 years or shorter we will all be back on here.

I still have some wonderslim Raspberry Chocolate hot chocolate to give away, please let me know if you would like it.

Hoping this week will be a better one.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #258  

Nowisthetime: Sounds like you know that the mix is not working. Try only one system a week. Figure out which one you like and use that one.

Speedofsound: Do you like hot sauce? Try adding something to your dip.

Amelia-Excited to see your ready.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #259  
TOY

MIA again for a couple of reasons...and one reason is stupid, I know. Plus, the reasons "sorta" overlap as you'll see.

I just couldn't get over the disappointment I had over the weigh-in. It just knocked the breath out of me because I had my expectations so high. I should have known better but I felt like I'd been sucker punched and I reacted very childishly...I pouted and I ate. (If you remember, my husband wasn't around so I didn't have him as a safety net and I avoided you all, too, turning to my old routine of comfort from food.)

The only thing I could find to pig out on was some sugar-free candy I had bought for my husband. I ate the whole bag (250 calories...but that's not the problem)...I have a major food allergy to manitol and sorbitol but the reason I chose this particular bag of candy was because it plainly said made with Splenda. I'd never had a problem with Splenda before but then again, I hadn't ever eaten a whole bag of something made with it. Honestly though? What happened next was a miserable experience but a definite learning moment.

I have IBS and have learned the trigger problems like certain spices and other additives but as I mentioned, didn't realize Splenda candy was one of them. I have been soooo sick. Except for the first night my husband was gone, I have not been able to venture farther than the bed away from the bathroom. I am pretty sure that I was close to the point of dehydration by the time he got home because by then, I couldn't even keep a sip of water on my stomach. Even my meds were passing through my system like a fast express train.

Finally, I'm feeling better. It takes time to get over this after my system gets so screwed up. I was able to keep my food on my stomach yesterday so that helped the weakness and fatigue. The only thing I craved was diet Coke since I had developed a sinus problem from the weather changes and (I suspect) the tears. I had my husband pour it and bring it to me so that I wouldn't go crazy wild but that was the best tasting Coke I think I'd ever had! (I was afraid since I was craving it so badly that I'd try to substitute food for the taste and end up cheating some other way.)

For anyone who's reading this and doesn't understand...I know diet drinks are allowed but in the past they have always been a trigger food for me so I had given them up as I started this diet. (What a run-on sentence..LOL!) Anyway, I managed 64 days without a diet drink...only regret is that I wish my "cheat" had been diet Pepsi which I prefer.

This morning I decided that since I'd cheated so many other ways in the last three days (other foods before I scarfed the candy), I'd better weigh to see the damage. I mean...I'd already cheated myself in the harmful ways so why not weigh and make it 100%, right? I weighed the same as I did on February 1...whew...mercy, not justice, for sure.

I feel better. Realize I've lost three days I'll not get back but lesson learned (at least, I hope so!). I still feel very drained, still disappointed in last month, too, but I am ready to go forward and that's all that really matters.

Welcome to Amelia, Chattie, and Scissors...loved Shero's comment about not running with them...LOL You've found a great thread for support. I love that it's so active!

Speed, you had already ordered Walden before I had a chance to comment plus, everyone's tastes vary. However, that said...I didn't like their stuff personally. Never tried the syrup though since I'm not a big pancake fan in the first place.

Rose, my word! You guys didn't just beat us...you mopped the floor with us! Once I saw the score, I was glad I hadn't watched...LOL Your women's team is doing great this year, too. Now I've got to "worry" about them in the conference! It's good to see though...your coach has good ties to Pat and of course, "We back Pat!" We've been very saddened by her health issues.

Now and Ex, glad you are doing so well. It's encouraging to read your posts.

And Shero...I so appreciate you! Thanks for wondering where I am. It feels good to be missed.

You're all such a valuable part of my diet and conscience...LOL Notice I don't post when I'm faltering but I don't like to disappoint. I know...that's when I need to post the most. I always dread the "confession" post but it's such a relief to keep it real with folks who understand the struggle.

Have a good weekend, everyone!
Old 02-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #260  

Oh Toy-I was doing one last peek before I try to get motivated for the day. I wanted to dance because I saw you had posted.

Sorry to hear of your food reaction. Sounds like it was terrible. We all have times like this.

Toy-nothing is stupid. The victory is that you are here posting. Think about it. I looked back on some of the old WS post on the old threads and I though-were are all those people?

You didnt quit=a little awol. At least it's not prison-you can come back and not get solitary confinement. We are here for you with open arms and no judgements. I did so poorly this week I wanted to cheat on my food entries-(which yes I did to some point). I even had a regular pop one morning.

Toy-I am glad that you are back. Be good to yourself you deserve it.

Smile because not only God loves you but we do too.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #261  
TOY

Thanks so much, Shero...you'll probably never know how much I needed that!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #262  

Height: 5'6

We all missed you, Toy, and Shero couldn't have said it any better. So glad to see you back!
Old 02-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #263  

S/C/G: 237.0/232/160

Height: 5'6"

Well, Good morning new friends!

My package came yesterday and I started this morning. I had a shake for breakfast with the hot cakes (made 2 and added a tsp of sugar free grape jam to each one) .. I'm also a coffee lover, BUT I don't use milk (I use non dairy creamer - 1 tbsp) and I had 2 cups of coffee.

I was going to follow the WS plan as I read it .. but see that many of you follow the MF plan using WS foods. I was so happy to see that WS gave you a little more selection (I did do MF before, so I remember). Do you notice a larger loss following the MF plan?

I think, for the beginning, I'll stick with the WS plan and see how it goes...

I'll need some prayers today ... it's "Super Bowl" Sunday ... and here in NJ we are rooting for the Giants (although we are Jets fans) .. AND we are going to an afternoon birthday party (for my Godson), followed by a Super Bowl party!! (YiKeS!!) .. I plan on having my lunch before going to the b'day and munching on veggies while there ... then home for my smoothie. Will have a pc of grilled chicken breast with salad (bringing my own dressing) for my LG and will STEP AWAY from the snack table while there .... I can do this!

(after all! -I keep telling myself, "it's only food - and being thinner and healthier will look and feel better than ANY food will taste"!)

Talk to y'all later! Have a great day <3
(btw - my laptop keyboard is old and I have many letters that stick ... so if you see a post from me that has words with no "a", "s","w" .. or capital letters are not capitalized (like i for I) ... please don't think I've had a stroke (lol) ... no spell check, and sometimes when i post quickly - it looks bad)
Old 02-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #264  

Hi fellow WS-ers!

Newbie to the boards... I was on MF a few years ago and lost about 20lbs. Gained it back after a few years. Anyhow, I started MF Jan. 2 and was 100% OP with no cheats. Lost about 6 the first week, 2 the second and over the 3rd/4th week I GAINED 2lbs. Couldn't budge it.

I started to supplement with WS and the food is SO much better. I was following MF using a combo of both products but again, nothing moving. I decided that plan was maybe too restrictive for me. Not enough calories maybe?? Sounds crazy but hey, I was getting desperate.

So, I changed this week to WS way of eating. So far I've not been 100% every day (DD's bday etc) and I do find it difficult to eat SO much. Anyhow, I did drop one of those pounds I've gained.

I plan to follow for the next 10 days as close as possible to plan. After that, I am going on a holiday for a week and I refuse to be on plan there. I'm not going to oink out but I will have what I want when I want.

In addition, I belong to a food/wine pairing club and we meet every 3 months, that's coming up this Saturday, I will not be on plan that night either.

Once I get back from my holiday, there's no reason for me to stray off plan. There will be plenty of time for me to lose, I don't have far to go. The lbs I have left are those pesky ones that are impossible to lose. 10-14 would make me SO happy.

Anyhow, I'm LOVING the WS products. The company has been beyond fabulous to deal with (some companies make shipping to Canada SUCH a chore, they don't). One of the best companies I've dealt with in a long time (Diet Direct).

PS I've asked 3FC if there could be a subforum for us. I've been lurking for a while but it kind of gets lost in these big long posts.

Last edited by sassyh; 02-05-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: because I can't spell.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #265  

Default Hello

Toy: So good to see you back! I missed you. Don't worry about a slip...It's kinda like my learning to ride horses, you falter...you fall off...you get up, (sometimes with help from friends) dust off and get back on. Every time I got back on I got closer my goal of actually riding like I wanted to.

This is going to be a short post (for me anyway) since I've been having a lot not post due to "time out" issues on the site.

Big non scale victory this week! I have both wrist bones and collar bones that are visible! It's been a long time since I've seen either :-)

Welcome to our new poster..and Chattie, you can do anything you set your mind to! Enjoy the friends and events, but you sound like you have a great plan to control the eating aspect.

Have a great, on plan, week everyone!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #266  

Good Evening all-

Chattie One-do you know you can pop your keys off and clean under them.....may help your sticky keys.

Glad to see you here SassyH-good luck with your journey. What is a subforum?

REKP- just noticed your ticker- 50# lost. I would imagine you are at the point where people are commenting on your loss. Hope you arent having to deal with the do-gooders who give you the well meaning advice that turns into sabatoge.

Toy-Waiting on see more post from you. You were here when I first started and we have bonded so dont leave me now. We have so much in common-no natural children-the yorkies.

So glad the weekend is over and Monday is a new start. Like I posted this week has not been one of my best. So I am excited to get back on track and schedule with work. I seem to do much better on weekdays.

No superbowl for me. Not a football fan-watching ice age instead.
If we think we go through a lot think how bonded the squirrel is with that nut. LOL

Just a funny question -how many of you weigh more than once when you weigh and take the lowest number? My new scale is pretty accurate but sometimes it weights a little different.

I can tell you the scale is like a banker or realtor-it is not our friend.

Have a great evening guys.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #267  

Tools-I think the more tools we have the more successful we will be. What are those tools-education, a good calorie counting system-loseit.com is great. Common sense,, a sense of humor, support.

With all these things can we become successful at a goal of eating healthy, losing and not gaining back the weight we have struggled to lose?

I have found some wonderful websites=such as mayo clinic and web md.

Here is some info from Mayo clinic:

Question
Body fat: What happens to lost fat?
When you lose weight, where does the lost body fat go?
Answer
from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.

Body fat breaks down during a series of complex metabolic processes.

When you burn more calories than you consume, your body uses fat (triglycerides) for energy. This causes your fat cells to shrink. In turn, triglycerides are broken down into two different substances — glycerol and fatty acids — which are absorbed into your liver, kidneys and muscle tissue. From there, the glycerol and fatty acids are further broken down by chemical processes that ultimately produce energy for your body.

These activities generate heat, which helps maintain your body temperature. The resulting waste products — water and carbon dioxide — are excreted in urine and sweat or exhaled from your lungs.

I wanted also to talk about what I had to eat today. DH and I went to Bob Evans for breakfast/lunch. I pretty much have the breakfast thing down. But I was hungry for a burger. Since I havent done well this week-what the heck-Monday is a new start.

Some may say-sure not lean and green. Here are those victories I claim while eating that burger.

1. I had a salad no fries.
2. Coleslaw
3. No mayo on the burger.
4. I left some of the meat. This is a big one for me because I have a hard time leaving anything on my plate.

I was so full. This is the only meal I had today so my calorie count is in range. Though I dont advocate eating like this everyday. I think sometimes you just need to be logical about things. We have to live in this world of food and if we are to make a lifetime change we are going to have to make logical choices. When I had the burger I could have had the mindset that I blew it and ordered fries, then what the heck, had desert and continued the day that way, but I did not and this is victory for me.

I was reading a post about cheesecake on another thread-.. This person loves to make cheesecake-I say every once in a while have a serving of it and enjoy.

Do I sound like I have went off my rocker? This is a diet forum! If we are to have a lifestyle change-it has to be one we can enjoy.

I hope you understand my point.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:58 AM   #268  
1 fat guy on a diet

S/C/G: 260/ticker/190

Height: 6'0"

Week 1 completed on Wonderslim/New Lifestyle and I am down 8.4 lbs
Old 02-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #269  
TOY

Woo Hoo, Speed! Wonderful results on your first week!

Shero, I'm not going anywhere...promise. I wasn't exactly good during the Super Bowl but I did "save" calories so I could manage the splurge so I don't think I did much damage, if any.

On the up side of things, I am sleeping so much better since I've started eating a bit more. Maybe my husband was right and I wasn't getting enough calories. I do feel though that I need to reign it in a bit or I'll end up with another disappointing month.

Rose, my gosh girl...you're getting bony! I think your share is one of the best NSV's I've read in awhile. So proud of and for you.

Sassy, welcome! Personally I like these products better than the MF ones but I know some feel differently. It's all a matter of taste. Think I am going to dig out my Magic Bullet thingey like Speed suggested though. It's collecting dust somewhere in the house...LOL

ExTex, thanks for the encouragement from you and the others. I'm wondering whether I should shorten my weigh-ins to two weeks, too. Guess I'll play it by ear...probably stay like I am since I'm just beginning to recover from February's shocker.

Chattie, sounds like you're off to a good start with a solid plan. I think planning is a major part of the success and probably what I failed the biggest on lately.

NowIsTheTime, hope you're doing well.

If I missed anyone, please overlook it as it wasn't intentional. Anyone lurking? Please feel welcome to join us. We're all on the same journey and it helps to share the peaks and valleys along the way.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #270  

Congratulations on the loss Speedofsound! That's a great week!
(The loss sure makes those shakes taste better, doesn't it?)
Closed Thread