Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #196  
1 fat guy on a diet

S/C/G: 260/ticker/190

Height: 6'0"

I know how you feel TOY, I have rolling veins and usually end up in a lot of pain and bruised up from bloodwork. I always hope to get someone who is experienced at drawing blood, but usually it's the new girl that just cant get a hold of that pesky vein!

Hopefully some rest will help out with the swelling, don't forget that even if you are holding water it doesn't mean that you have not been burning fat. When it does all release you'll get that much more of a loss.

I'm like your husband, have never finished a fiction novel that wasn't assigned in school. I love biographies, history/politics, editorial/opinion genres when it comes to books ---- but I'm a pretty big comic book fan, so I get all my fiction in the form of superheroes! That's literary work at it's zenith! My wife can read fiction for hours on end, but hates political opinion type books.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 274/272/185 end of week 1, 266

Height: 5'9

Default new to wonderslim DAY1! :)

I have tried every diet under the sun and was wanting to try medifast. I am a teacher, and have a small child, so the budget just wasnt there. I stumbled on your thread and have been a "lurker" for a bit, as they say...ordered and got my stuff yesterday-began today. SO FAR...im kinda starving. I know i need to drink more water, thats always been my downfall. Do you HAVE to eat 7 of their meals a day to lose???? I was wanting to do it as 3 MR shakes a day, 2 supplements and 1 lean and green...keep my carbs around 50 a day and 100 grams of protein. Any thoughts or tips would be helpful...thanks in advance and I am so excited to be starting this with some folks who are familiar with it. ALSO- i came across the "impatient dieter" and I just have a hard time believing it. according to her she lost 25 pounds in a week....WHAT i dont even think so!!! thoughts?
Old 01-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #198  

also is there a way to save specific forums, like this one, in my profile so i can get to here easier?
Old 01-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #199  
TOY

Glad you joined us, Nowisthetime!

You definitely can lose on the program without all 7 items. I'm unsure as to whether any of us are actually doing it as written. I'm incorporating the shake and cereal for lunch, sometimes a bar or meal for lunch, and a lean and green for dinner. In between times but not scheduled, I use the protein snacks such as the chips, etc. I'm trying to get high protein but low calories in the other things I eat during the day.

As far as marking the thread...not sure how to do that but you can link the thread to your email. This lets you know when someone has posted. Use the thread tools tab that comes up under the page numbers when you first click on our thread. There's an option there that lets you "subscribe" to the thread.

Look forward to hearing more about your journey. Post whenever you can...I personally think it helps keep on track.

Speed, your choice of reading sounds like my husband's except for the comics. I've never even seen him look at the comics in the newspaper! (...but I get a thrill out of explaining something to him and then relating that I learned it in my "dime store" novels...his term for my fiction...LOL) His choice of reading matter doesn't bother me nearly as much though as the constant 24/7 of CNN...grrrr. I can lipsync their stories myself by the end of the day!
Old 01-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

NOW IS THE TIME-I currently am doing two to three shakes a day. I eat a lite meal for dinner or lunch-I do have some slips believe me. 25# a week-umm I've never done it. Under the "thread tools you can subscribe to this forum. Then when you come on you can look under quick links. I have found wonderslim to be a great base program. Lose-it.com has a wonderful calorie counting system.

Currently I have a bariwise chocolate shake in the morning it is compariable to two shakes. These are also sold by Diet Direct but it is more expensive.

Please let me know what you think of your Walden farms foods. I am waiting for taste test results.

Toy must have been visit with the children day yesterday. I went and visited with the grand children yesterday. Always enjoy their company.

Weekends are always hard.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Welcome Now is the time! So glad you joined us. I found the first couple of weeks to be harder than any of the following weeks have been. As far as the person that has lost 25 pounds in one week....pretty sure I could gain that much if I half way tried, but haven't heard of that much of a loss without major surgery and removal of body parts :-)
Toy: Your visit with the little friend sounds delightful! So sorry you're paying for the ride with swelling. Keep legs elevated and keep drinking!
Speedofsound: Let us know how tomorrow goes. You're going to do great! Keep your eye on that goal! I didn't even think of the dips for fresh veges from Walden Farms. Let us know how those taste.
Shero: Will definitely let you know what I think of the stuff I ordered. I'll try anything and will generally like most things to eat...well, duh...look at me :-)
I'm not a fan of chocolate, or capers, but other than that I like almost everything.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #202  
TOY

Not even 5 am yet and I'm wide awake so I'll check in. Not planning to write a book though as I'm hoping to go back to sleep.

Just two days till weigh-in so I'm trying to mentally prepare myself. I know it won't be the huge number of last month but I am so hoping for at least ten. I'm trying not to focus on that but it is hard...LOL

I don't want to set myself up to be disappointed. That's the way the "old" version of myself on a diet went. I'd hope for a number then if it didn't happen, I'd have a pity party and drown my sorrow in food. OR...if I exceed the number (very rarely...LOL) I would relax my standards and push the limit by eating of the "forbidden." Either way was a disaster in the making because when I'd done that enough times, I just chucked the whole process.

I'm trying to change my mindset to "It is what it is." It's just an object that measures my weight and shouldn't be considered a barometer for my behavior! Not sure I'm totally on board with that yet as I have too many past experiences of set patterns. However, so far this time has been different in so many ways. Who would have thought I would have managed to say off said object for two whole months weighing only on the scheduled day? Not me...LOL!

This month has been more challenging in the aspect that the initial excitement has waned and the realization that I'm in it for a long haul has registered. Gotta keep reminding myself of the one-day-at-a-time concept so I don't look so far ahead that I get discouraged.

Hope everyone has a good day today! Looks like most of the swelling in my feet and legs is back to normal so hopefully I can get out of bed and have a normal day again. However, I'm still sleepy so back to dreamland I go. Gotta love that about being retired!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #203  
1 fat guy on a diet

S/C/G: 260/ticker/190

Height: 6'0"

I started Wonderslim at midnight last night. I work at night, so my schedule is a bit wonky at times. I'm off the next two days, so I go back to a "normal" living schedule for a couple days, then back to night owl mode.

Had the vegetarian joe to start things off and I found the flavor to be really good. A tad bit on the small size of a portion, but it was actually quite filling. The way I have my eating schedule set up allows me to have both the joe and a shake for lunch (at midnight, lol) so I made a chocolate shake. I just shook it up in some water with a couple ice cubes and it was good, reminded me of a drink called Yoo-hoo. I had a snack at 4:30 this morning (bar-b-que cheerio snack things) and they were fantastic!

Got home from work this morning at 8:30 and had a shake, but this time I prepared it using my magic bullet and a few ice cubes blended. Wow, what a difference that made! The shake was much much thicker and frothier, really good-- this will be my preferred method of making these shakes. Buy a magic bullet if you haven't already

I have some chicken breast ready to bake along with some iceberg salad for my lean and green tonight. I also have the charts to keep a running tally on everything I consume.

I am more than prepared for this diet because of forums like this, so I thank you in advance for helping me take this first step. I will weigh every Monday morning after work, fully dressed to keep the weigh ins consistent week to week.

First weigh in 258.8
Old 01-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #204  

Speedofsound: Sounds like you're off to a great start! I like the bbq cheerio things as well. One of my favorite snacks!
Look forward to your posts on how you're doing!

Toy: Glad the swelling has gone down some. Hope you're back to normal soon. You know UK and Tenn plays again tomorrow, right?

Have a great (on plan) night!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOY View Post
[FONT="Arial"

This month has been more challenging in the aspect that the initial excitement has waned and the realization that I'm in it for a long haul has registered. Gotta keep reminding myself of the one-day-at-a-time concept so I don't look so far ahead that I get discouraged.

[/FONT]
I agree TOY this is the first month for me and I already am challenged.

Had a big challenge today-a birthday at work so wa-la lots of Donuts. I resisted-boy did they smell good. But I was afraid if I had one I would give up and have two.

That is why the shakes and packaged foods are so good for me. Portion control.

Wednesday a.m. is on my mind alot-keeping me on track.

Here is some great info on yogurt-Greek Yogurt

What makes Greek yogurt a delicious tool for weight loss is its protein content. It has twice as much as other yogurts. "Protein takes longer to leave the stomach," says sports nutritionist Leslie Bonci, MPH, RD. "That keeps you satisfied longer." As a bonus, Bonci tells WebMD, the body burns more calories digesting protein than carbs. Non-fat, low-fat, and low-sugar types keep a slim profile. Found this info on Web MD.

My coworker also brought in some info from her husbands nutritionist-It has a guide of protein: 60g for women, 75g for men. If you want more information on the foods it list let me know. It has a list of 15g protein meals and a grocery list. I would also suggest that you research to much protein.

Hoping and praying for a 15# loss for the month. I would be so excited. When will I be able to see it?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #206  
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Cool Hey all!

Well..I've been lurking threads about Wonderslim for about three weeks now. I've ordered a four week starter kit and I have it now..actually got it within two days. I am planning on going grocery shopping tomorrow to get my veggies and stuff for my lean and greens and im really looking forward to getting started. This is my last attempt at getting this weight off which means i HAVE to make it work!!

Im also going to get a treadmill off craigslist so I can walk for an hour a day (hopefully every morning if i can get my motivation in check)...and do Zumba after work. i havent done my oficial weigh yet...239 is my best guess based on how much i weighed last time i did. Hope im not too far off! Well....im excited to get to know yall and uncover my skinny twin in the process! :-)

Sara
Old 01-30-2012, 11:21 PM   #207  

Height: 5'6

Hey y'all!!!

Sorry I've been MIA; the stomach flu hit my house Friday and I just haven't had a moment to post. I gotta say I've missed the chats!

I am ashamed to say that I totally fell of the wagon. Ice cream was brought into the house (my personal drug of choice lol) and I couldn't resist....so I begin again tomorrow. I kept the weight off thankfully and look forward to shaking again with my friends.

I finally got my pilates machine from my parents house and it is sitting here right next to me in my office. I cannot wait to jump on it tomorrow.

Walden Farms- I have their pancake syrup and it is amazing. I don't think I'll ever use anything else. I also bought the BBQ sauce and a salad dressing (Ranch I think) but I haven't tried them yet. Please post what you think about your selections.

Toy, I am excited as you are about your weigh in and glad to see your swelling has subsided. I love your resolve to take it one day at a time; if you don't see the number you expect...jump back on here and we'll support you through it.

Shero, thank you so much for your research! There is a Greek Yogurt based salad dressing in the produce section of our grocery store. I mentioned here before but the name escapes me now. Any way for 2 T it has 35 calories and 1 or 2 carbs and it is yummo. If you'd like, I can find out more about it for you.

Rose, Hi! Glad to see you're doing so well. I can relate to the way you gain and lose weight. I am the same way! lol

Speed, so glad you had such a great first day! Isn't it amazing how great these products taste? The pancakes are great!!

Welcome to every one else!!!! Keep posting!

Glad to be back!!! :0)

Last edited by ExTex; 01-30-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:51 AM   #208  

Height: 5'6

I've just read over a few of our posts...man, I have strayed from this plan several times already. Ridiculous!!! Toy, you and Rose are going strong. How do you do it? I just can't seem to get there mentally.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #209  

Default Good Morning everyone!

I wanted to welcome our newest poster...Sara. You look so pretty in your photo! I look forward to having you join this journey with us.

ExTex: Bummer that the stomach virus visited this weekend. You can't diet when you are feeling bad. I know that from past experience.
I'll have to check out the greek yogurt salad dressing. I love that stuff! Sometimes I will get the plain greek yogurt at Kroger and have it for my lean in the lean and green. It has the protein without many calories and minimal carbs.
You mentioned staying strong...I had the very best diet advice, ever, from a charge nurse in Arizona. He was in great shape (a cage fighter.) He said in order to make any change you have to have an equal amount of push and pull to change. I seem to have found that balance this time.
Push: I absolutely hated how I looked, my clothes were too small, airplane seats made me feel cramped, I had to ask for a seat belt extender, people would look at me in buffet lines with a sneer, I couldn't walk a block without feeling out of breath, my knee hurt....the list goes on and on.
Pull: Determination that each day is going to be better than the one before, I'm going to make sure two people in my life have to shut up about my weight. (Thankfully husband is not one of them :-) I want to be at goal weight before our family reunion in October, I want new, beautiful clothes. I want my mammograms to be easier to read. Apparently dense breasts are the reason some very small cancers are missed for a while. It was the reason mine didn't show up for a couple of years. (Thankful to God that it did finally show up in time for early intervention!) I hope my knee will allow me to walk on the treadmill again when the weight is off. I want to finish my exercise bike ride by July 4...4065 miles in 14 months!

I've tried to diet many, many times in the past 3 years since I started gaining my weight back, but I've found I was focusing on only the push or pull and was not successful. Everyone will have different reasons, but those are the ones I keep in mind daily.

Hello to everyone else! Hope you have a great, on plan, day.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:40 AM   #210  

Default day2 :)

Day one, 2 days ago was a practice day...yesterday i started and stayed on plan all day. it was hard....mentally i suppose. I was getting my 2 year olds supper ready and oh boy did i want a chicken finger BUT i didnt. I had my roasted chicken and salad, and it was OK....i know in a few says it will get easier. I do kinda feel like a food addict tho, reasoning to myself that a. this isnt practical so why not have a steak or cheese and call it low carb, etc....however, atkins never did teach me portion control or eating often, so I think its important to try this wonderslim route for a month or 2 before i try to go "atkins/ Wonderslim" Has anyone tried a combo of the 2 and done just as well or better as if doing just pure wonderslim? I am excited to be on here with you all, and am going to try an do daily check ins, even just for accountability and to see how you all are faring. good luck to all today and to the new folks like me, eyes on the prize
Closed Thread