Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #166  
1 fat guy on a diet

S/C/G: 260/ticker/190

Height: 6'0"

Alright, I ordered some snacks and entrees from Wonderslim to go with my new Lifestyle diet shakes and bars. The Wonderslim stuff got here quick, and I still have to wait until monday for the New Lifestyle package to arrive! Ugh, can't wait to get through this initial 2 week kit so I can just order through Wonderslim from then on. Also, Wonderslim is a good bit cheaper than New Lifestyle for the exact same products, wow.

In the meantime maybe I can get my post count up so I can get one of those fancy tickers that some posters have! How do you get those anyway?

Last edited by speedofsound; 01-25-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

So many have posted today. Glad you see all commenting.

Toy-you are always a joy to read-you are so diligent to talk to everyone. Sleep seems to be an issue with everyone as we greatly (LOL) age. My husband has the same issues as you. I was watching TV about it one day and they suggested staying awake for 24 hours to re-adjust your sleeping habits. Oh remember when-all night skates-sleep overs-late nights watching TV or visiting with friends.

REKP-did you realize that this site has a clothing exchange? You mentioned Goodwill pile so why not find someone who can use the clothes on this site.

I have some Wonderslim hot cocoa mixes and soups if anyone is interested in them. I would give them to you and ship them. Let me know and I will give you a list. I have had them too long to return them.

ExTex-what I wonderful bonding over calories-LOL. I find myself looking at calories and fat grams alot now-before I eat it even. I need to find a good ratio because when I do it on the Kindle-it is off because I am not taking in the calories it recommends-well this week at least. (LOL) For anyone that would like to know the program-it is Lose It-has a picture of a scale on it. I believe you can use it online and on Android based programs. I would like to know how many grams of protein, sodium, etc.

I have done well this week and find it nice to eat a "little something at lunch". I've been trying some soups-lite of course. Last night I tried a Nutrisystem BBQ Pork Wrap-that I got at big lots-it was too sweet. But it filled me while hubby ate his hamburger. Need to experiment with some home made lite items. I love balsamic vinegar and used to have some nice recipes that came from Medical Weight Loss clinic.

Went grocery shopping tonight which is always a challenge. They say to stay on the outer edge of the store-so I tried that. With a few trips down the other. So excited to have food in the house-and I tried very hard not to get junk. I did get some junk for my husband-need to find a system to let him have them without me getting into them. If it comes to locking them up. Than so be it.

Speed of Light-glad all of us didn't scare you away. The ticker is on your setup but I think you have to be here for a month and have 20 post-if I remember right.

Well January is almost over-Excited with reserve what the monthly total will be.

Have a great evening all.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #168  

Here is the link for the site were you can keep track-http://www.loseit.com/
Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #169  

Hello-I thought I would post my calories for the day-yes for some they may be low-please I know. These calories are close to a pre-op intake. 800-1200 is what I hear. No surgery for me. Just some tight calories.

730 calories. I could eat 845 more calories if I wanted to lose 2# a week. I would rather be closer to 2 1/2.

Fat-11.8g 14%, Carbs 103.2g 56%, Sodium 1825.3 mg., Protein 68.8g 31%. I have to adjust these precentages due to calories. My fat was low-so I got most of my calories out of Carbs & protein. You can tell I didnt have my shake at lunch. Hum. I know before when I lost a ton (lol-I have never weighted a ton but have realized I say that often); i counted fat and kept it around 30 grams. Hey the grams of fat, carbs and protein almost make up 100%---duh. Looks like I need to increase my protein and decrease a little on carbs. I like carbs-I admit I didnt have the most nutritious lunch-A sandwhich and baked chips........ Just would like some input.

Last edited by Shero; 01-25-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: correction
Old 01-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #170  

My ticker is cool but I was just brought to reality when I saw the 106 pounds to lose. Guess I didnt realize......
Old 01-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Default My nutrition for the day...

Shero:

You made me curious as to how my nutrition added up today, and today was a pretty typical day.

993 calories (give or take a few :-)
28 g fat
48 g carbs
133 g protein.

My calorie range probably goes from around a thousand to around 1200 depending on the type of lean and green I have for dinner.
This has been very successful for me. I know I can't have many more carbs than this, since I seem to be hungrier when I eat more.

I'll check out the clothing exchange!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #172  

REKP-What was your menu today. You were very high in protein and a lot lower in carbs.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #173  
TOY

Love those tickers you girls have added but most of all, I love your bravery! I would never be able to put that with mine. I am so self-conscious of the number which is why I now avoid the scales like the plague...just depresses me so much. Speed, I have no idea how to get that ticker thingey but I have read the same comments about it taking so many posts, etc. before you could attach. Come to think of it, I now remember that Shero sent you a link. They are really cool but the only time I've ever braved one was when I used a ticker for a short term goal. Just can't stomach the sight of the whole journey being there before my eyes. Makes me totally lose sight of the one-day-at-a-time, one-foot-in-front-of-the-other concepts. I think it's a wonderful tool though to illustrate one's journey...just don't have the vision to post mine.

Glad you got some of your goodies, Speed. It gets exciting to see those treats arrive. Today I got the Kay's cereal that I had ordered. It is definitely a nice change (although I really like the WS cereal alot). I still ordered it in individual bags even though I think some sites offer it in boxes (not sure about Diet Direct). I know my portion control with cereal and it is not normal! Anyway, I almost felt like I was cheating. I'd say the little bag has a generous three times more cereal than the WS and maybe even four times as much. Because the WS cereal is so few bites, I have been using a disposable coffee cup each morning (I know...styrofoam is bad for the environment but my husband got these at Sam's by mistake...even though now I'll have him buy them on purpose...). The half cup of milk doesn't get as lost in the coffee cup and my 4-5 bites of WS cereal (exaggerating a bit for effect but the cereal does satisfy me) is visible. This morning, I had to fill that cup up at least 3 times because when I eat the Kay's Apple Cinnamon cereal, I'm going to need a bowl...very surprised was I. It looks like Cheerio's and has a pleasant (but not overly sweet) cinammon taste. Other reviewers compared it to Apple Jacks but it's been so long since I've eaten that cereal that I'm not sure that's how I'd describe it. Apple Jacks are much sweeter...guess I could add sweetner for the effect but I liked them as they were. What I really liked was the sheer volume...nice alternative but like I said, I have been completely (and surprisingly!!) satisfied with the WS cereal...both flavors. (Came back to this paragraph to add that this cereal has 30 more calories but 4 more grams of protein).

Shero, where is that clothing exchanage you mentioned earlier? I'm still pretty much focusing on our little spot on the board. I did venture out this morning to respond to a heartfelt plea from a post I found by accident. Plus, I responded to someone else somewhere in our pre-packaged section. Invited both of them to join us but haven't seen them yet.

I agree with Rose or Tex (forgot who said it) about our community. Seems like we are a bit more active than some of the other threads on here. I like the personal connection. All that random ships in the night is good every once in awhile but I like to put down roots or nest somewhere. LOL...that song from Cheers..."go where everybody knows your name" just ran through my head...LOL I laugh because none of you "know" my name. It's Deborah but my friends use the nickname Debbie. Toy is a name that I use on another forum and I used it here because it brings back fond memories. I had a friend in college named Toy...have no idea where or how he is today but I always liked his unusual name. Always associated it with fun...LOL

Really, ExTex? Mussels? Pardon me while I choke...LOL Sounds like your Mother and you would really blend well with my husband. He loves mussels and I cringe. Never have forgotten that he ordered raw oysters on our honeymoon...thought I was going to lose it right there at the table. Amazing what a weak stomach I have...I can't see past the slime but he loves stuff like that. He has taught me to like fish though. When we first married I would only eat tuna fish and only in a sandwich...LOL I still don't do the exotic stuff he tries sometimes but I have branched out a bit over the years. (Makes it easy to cook while I'm dieting though because the things I fix him I would never want to eat...no temptation whatsoever which is a good thing if I can control the gag as I cook...LOL)

Rose, any relation to those who owned the Davis-Kidd bookstores in TN? I think several of them have sold to larger corporations but they were by far my favorite bookstores around. The one in Nashville (can't remember if it's closed or not) was my absolute favorite and I think it was the granddaddy store. It was near Vanderbilt's campus and had the neatest atmosphere ever. The only bookstore I have ever been to that rivaled the atmosphere was one in Denver. Oh my! I loved that city but it was primarily due to that bookstore. Love my Kindle but I do hope this move to ereading doesn't further erode the bookstores. (Think I read that sales were up though for "regular" books over Christmas.)

Boy, I am jumping all over the place this morning...stream of consciousness, maybe? In Southern speak, we would call this "chasing rabbits"...LOL

Changed my mind again about enrolling in the water exercise. I know...I think I'm getting on my husband's last nerve with all this mind changing. Anyway, my rationale this time is that I am so close to the first of the month weigh-in that I want to enroll afterwards. That way I can have a distinct "marker" from pre-exercise loss to compare. I totally thrown out the first month since it's that early water weight loss. I'm interested in seeing the February 1 loss and I want that to be pure diet only (if that makes any sense). LOL...in my mind it's totally logical...LOL. In other words, when I start there the next month, I expect to see a difference in loss from this month although I realize it's not really a scientific study. It's a personal "test" if you will. If I throw myself into this exercise thing and don't see a significant change in weight loss, I may rethink my exercise program. (Of course, I do expect to feel better, have a better range of motion, increase my energy, etc. so I do realize that not all benefit will show on the scale. Just interested in this little foray at first though to see its effect on weight change with all factors remaining about the same. I will up the calories by a fruit and protein though so I don't collapse at the pool.)

Had to giggle a bit, Rose, as I feel the exact same about that blasted vitamin. I have read comments from folks about "aftertaste" of the shakes, etc. but nothing gives me the aftertaste like that darn vitamin. No matter what brand I've ever tried, I still have that yucky taste in my mouth afterwards...talk about a gagging feeling...ugh. This is the absolute longest in my life that I have ever been consistent with taking vitamins. No telling how many expired bottles I have thrown out over the years. I still make a face every morning but I swallow the critter.

I'll close with a quick thanks of appreciation to each of you for your posts. I get so excited to see an email about 3FC indicating a post. It really does help to chat about the journey and be accountable to someone besides myself. This month is nearly gone and we've stuck it out...woo hoo!

To any past posters who may be reading and to any lurkers taking the scenic tour, jump on in. We welcome you to share, too. Whether you're just passing by or plan to stay awhile, pull up a chair and chat with us. Pour yourself a big glass of water and sip along with us as we start another day on our journey.

Have a good day, everyone!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:10 AM   #174  
TOY

Yikes! Didn't realize I'd written a novel!

I think I started it around 4 am and it's a little after 5 now...gotta get this sleep thing under control. I have developed diarrhea of the fingers...LOL

Bye again!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #175  

Default Good Morning

Shero:
I eat every 3 waking hours. 7-10-1-4-7-and around bedtime. Yesterday I had a shake/pudding at 7-1-4 and bedtime. I had a meal replacement bar at 10 am and chicken breast (baked-no skin and spinach for dinner at 7.) Pretty typical day. The days I have more calories are the days I have Wonderslim oatmeal or cereal for breakfast and spicy pasta for lunch. (Although the milk for the cereal also adds more protein those days.)

Toy: No relation to the Kidd in Kidd-Davis that I know of. We all seem to have originated from one Kidd that came to the US as an indentured servant from England. As best I can tell, he came to get out of jail :-)
I, too, love that bookstore. They had one on Hillsboro road in Nashville that I loved. (Living in Franklin TN at the time.) I hate to think that buying books for my nook is going to put a bookstore out of business, but it's just so easy to get what you want and never have to leave the house to do it.
I think your idea to wait until your next weigh in to join the water exercise is a very sound one. You will be able to tell if adding the activity speeds up weight loss (which I'm sure it will!) Sometimes personal research doesn't have to be scientific. If it works for you, that's good enough!

Shero: Would love to have your soups if you aren't going to eat them. I really like them! Let me know how you want to handle payment for postage or for the soups.

I so enjoy this message board and have been talking it up to my friend that is doing Wonderslim. Hopefully she will join us soon!

Hope everyone has a great...on plan...day.

Speedofsound: Have you started increasing your water intake yet? Excited for you to get your shipment and start this journey with us. I started New Lifestyle too, but found the customer service and shipping at Diet Direct to be SO much better. Haven't ordered from New Lifestyle since my initial months order. My "coach" at New Lifestyle didn't answer my email questions. This message board is lot more helpful than she was.

My best, non scale victory this week. Walking down the hallway in front of my husband last night, he said "Your butt is a whole lot smaller"
Old 01-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #176  

Height: 5'6

I thought I'd post my caloric intake too:

849 cal
10 fat
67 carb
108 protein

I usually stay around 700 but last night I ate a bar. Those bars are killers for me. 24 carbs is a lot of carbs for one item. I highly doubt I will reorder them although they taste so good.

Medifast 5 an 1 plan recommends:

800-1000 cal
<30 g fat
<100 g carbs
at least 70 grams of protein

The Lean and Green Meal should be:

250-300 cal
NA fat
>25g protein
<15 g carbs

I pretty much stay within these limits on a daily basis.

I'm tired today....think a nap is in order. i haven't been able to sleep the past few nights...getting only about 3-4 hours. I don't know if it has anything to do with the diet; I have periods where I just can't sleep.

I'll post more later!

Happy day, shakers!! :0)
Old 01-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #177  
TOY

Gosh, I hope you guys know I respect you as adults but I just had a "Mom" moment and I've never been a Mother!

I worry about the small number of calories you all are getting each day. I just wish you would each check with your doctor or something because it scares me. Probably because of things I've been told by a doctor in the past now that I think about it.

I'm just a worrywart, I guess. I know that once I was on a diet below 1000 calories and my doctor literally told me not to do anything more than breathe and minimal daily activity...absolutely no exercise. Plus, I had to go to the doctor every week and have bloodwork analyzed every month!

I don't want to offend any of you and I'll hush again but it scares me and I can't just not say it every once in awhile. I suppose it's just in my nature but I'm growing very fond of you guys and I don't want you to get sick or something.

Just ignore me when I get these panic/worry attacks about you. I know you're adults and I have no business meddling but I just can't help myself.

I do worry though about you though...
Old 01-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #178  
TOY

Okay, folks...I've spent the last hour reading research, etc. but I was mainly looking for an equation I remembered years ago which allows you to reasonably estimate your body's resting metabolism rate.

I've lifted the definition of the rmr from the source I indicate but I broke the equation down into more manageable steps as I did for myself. Found out that by not moving at all...total veg-out, at my weight and eating 1200-1500calories a day, I am under my calorie needs by over 800 per day which should (in a perfect world) give me a loss of 1.5 to 1.7 pounds per week doing nothing but breathing and living.

Here's how to figure out your calorie needs per day to live...not anything else but keeping your body's organs working, etc.

Quoted from the source given:

"Unless you are a highly trained athlete, your biggest daily calorie cost is something called resting metabolic rate (RMR), or the calories you need just to exist. Breathing, heart beat, cell metabolism, kidney function, and even thinking and dreaming uses calories. Muscle cells use calories even when at rest. Eating and digesting food, standing, sitting, talking, and surfing the Internet all burn calories beyond the basic RMR requirement."

(source: http://www.thedietchannel.com/what-a...-calorie-needs)

To calculate your RMR (resting metabolic rate)
Most accurate equation is Mifflin-St.Joer equation

Step 1: Change your weight from lbs to kg by dividing your weight by 2.2
Then multiply that number by 9.99 (Jot it down somewhere)

Step 2: Change your height from total inches to cm by multiplying the inches by 2.54
Then multiply that number by 6.25 (Jot this number down, too)

Step 3: Add the two numbers you jotted down and record the new number.

Step 4: Multiply your age by 4.92 and then subtract that result from the new number you got in the step 3.

Step 5: Differs by sex
Men add the number 5 to your result in step 4
Women subtract the number 161 from the result in step 4

This is a good estimate of your basic metabolism resting rate...the number of calories you need each day to live.

Now, I'm saving this in my documents so that when I reach my goal weight, I can recalculate to determine what calories I can eat with no activity, etc. and then hopefully be able to expand that number by physical movement, etc.

Okay...I feel better now...LOL
Old 01-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #179  

Default Decimal challenged :-)

Shero:
I liked your formula a lot better with my misplaced decimal point first time I figured it...I thought I needed 16,440 calories just to breathe

I have never, for a minute, bought into the idea that a calorie affects every person on earth the same. (Going against all kinds of medical science here.)
My sister in law looks like a string and eats like a horse. I, on the other hand, look like a rubber ball and eat minimal amounts. She will lose weight if she doesn't take in the (just an estimate) 20,000 calories I see her eat daily :-) If it was a certainty, we could figure the exact calories we need to cut to lose 2 pounds a week, and would lose it on that amount of calories without fail. Each of us has seen that plan go haywire, when we have eaten the exact number of calories and seen the scale stay the same or (gasp) gain a pound or two. There is very little talk of fluid fluctuation, and why, or hormone fluctuation, or why. It is one of the many things that drives me crazy about dieting.

Toy: Thanks so much for your concern for the amount of calories. The advice is noted :-) This diet is working really good for me, and following the New Lifestyle handout...the recommended nutrients per day for any woman is
1230 calories. I stay pretty close to that with my give and take food choices. 174 protein, I'm usually a little below that, 92 carbs, also a little below that and 23 grams of fat. Pretty much right on that one.

As long as I continue to see results and feel as good as I am feeling right now, I don't think I'll be changing anything except possibly adding a little higher carb vege to the lean and green meal.

I really love all the support on this board! You guys are great.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #180  
TOY

LOL...glad you gals aren't taking offense. Just consider it the retired math teacher in me...LOL

Thing is...I feel better for having shared it though...one of those "should I say nothing or speak up" kind of mornings. I hoped it would be taken in the spirit it was written. Just took me forever to find it since it had been quite some time since I'd seen it.

I totally agree that everyone is different. I'm reading a book right now that is making a great argument that much of obesity is associated with factors such as hormones, etc. Presents quite an interesting theory, too, since many thin women do gain weight post-menopause. Haven't read enough yet to know what the author considers other major factors. (Unfortunately, he also makes quite a valid point toward physical exercise increasing appetite rather than the reverse. Not what I needed to hear by any means since I'm always looking for an excuse to play like a rock.) The book is slow to read since I've primarily stuck to light fiction since retirement. The accompanying book by the same author is so technical I gave up on it entirely. Not interested in the medical field and research, etc. and I may just pass that on to my doctor for their clinic library.

I do think though that there is some validity in the transition from low calorie to normal causing rapid weight gain. Not so sure how I plan to address that (well, guess I do but don't want to think about it right now) when I reach goal. Of course, there are many miles still to go before I face that hurdle.
Closed Thread