Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:52 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 177/160/130 to 125

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 in

Hi all,

I am no longer doing the BMD, but I did have really good success, lost over 20 pounds in 3 months, and I have been playing around with a few other plans without much luck. If I could afford the freshology and money wasn't a factor I would be all over it. Started the zone the last Sunday, ordering his products which is a little cheaper than BMD, I have to add, fruit, veggies and meat. Thought I would try that for a month and then work off the zone classic when I get hang of things and in a routine. Good news is I only gained about 4 pounds, and I think I lost two of those in the first day

Lisa
LBBUGS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/135

Height: 5' 5"

Lisa, that is great success! Is cost the main reason you stopped BMD?
I agree that Freshology looks wonderful but I'm already pushing it with the cost of BMD. Hope the zone really works for you!
I'm going on a short trip this weekend and will have to count calories, so I'm hoping that goes well because I'm so close to my first goal.

My2Cats, if you check this thread again, how is it going?
seizetheday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #48  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Bistro MD is a GREAT frozen meal delivery service. The quality of their food is exceptional and the taste...devine! Sure...I had to allow Bistro MD to RETRAIN my tastebuds (loved salt and sugar). But the only way to allow this, was to eat what they sent me. I actually now love spinach and have it all the time! If you research spinach, you will see how its one of the most nutrient dense veggies out there and how it impacts your weight loss.

In all...I am a Bistro MD success story. I used them for 3 months and lost 30 lbs. But what I gained was so much more. By following their plan to the "T" and not resisting in any way (basically, I ate what they sent me like it or not), I allowed myself to learn about proper nutrition and in the process retrained my tastebuds to enjoy "different" types of foods.

I'd say, do it there way at first. Stick to the program. They send you a variety of meals, but if you cancel out meals that have brocolli or squash, etc., your gonna end up missing out on more than you give up. Remember, your paying ALOT of money to lose this weight and get healthy. These meals are designed with that in mind. IF you eat what they send you (barring any allergies), and stick to having your weekly cheat MEAL (not day), YOU WILL lose the weight.

Now anything aside from that...I cannot guarantee. I followed THEIR program...and with the exception of my egg allergy, ate every last bite they sent me...yup, including the gross brocolli soufle! 9 months later I'm 62 lbs lighter and at goal weight. Small price to pay for soufle...I think!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:57 AM   #49  
Closet skinny chick! :)

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I'm thinking about taking the plunge and ordering my first week of BMD meals... and was hoping to get some opinions about the snacks? Every other "prepared food" diet plan I've tried has had CRAPPY snacks that are either tasteless or about as appetizing as cardboard. I was considering just doing the 7 meal/no snack plan and adding in small salads inbetween meals instead. I could use some advice as to whether or not this seems feasible, please TIA!
Chantelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #50  
I'm a SWIMMER!

I did the 7 day no snack plan. I prefer my own snacks of fresh fruit and nuts.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #51  
Closet skinny chick! :)

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

joyfull - thank you! You're so good about answering stuff and helping people out Did you stick to any kind of fruit and nuts in particular that worked best for you with the plan?
Chantelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #52  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantelle View Post
joyfull - thank you! You're so good about answering stuff and helping people out Did you stick to any kind of fruit and nuts in particular that worked best for you with the plan?
Your welcome!

When I first started out, I was detoxing off the sweets, so my daily menu looked exactly like this:

B - Bistro meal
S - 1/2 Atkins Chocolate Peanut butter bar - 120 cals.
L - Bistro Meal
S - Fruit (banana, pineapple, etc.) & 30 oz cashews - 240 - 330 cals.
D - Bistro Meal
S - other 1/2 Atkins Chocolate Peanut butter bar - 120 cals.
Late night snack - small navel orange - 45 cals.

As I gained control over my sweet tooth and started venturing off Bistro into doing my own cooking, I left out the atkins bars and starting baking delishous, nutritious calorie controlled homemade goodies like pumpkin raisin muffins, pumpkin pie, cookies, carrot cake, etc. I use alot of flaxseed in all my baked goods, so I am sure to get my fiber.

But heck...start slowly, and remember...eat your favorite MEAL once per week....and don't feel guilty...it will help you lose weight without stall and will aid you mentally to succeed and readjust your mindset about food in general.

Now that I'm in maintenance...I find it completely easy, cuz I LEARNED what I needed to learn about myself and my relationship with food. This would not be possible if I didn't FOLLOW THEIR PROGRAM and not try to change it into MY PROGRAM. Clearly my program wasn't working (ergo the 60lb gain!)

All the best.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #53  

Thanks for all the great advice Joyful! I agree that this is helping me change my taste buds as well as my thoughts about healthy portions. In fact I had spinach and mushroom crepes this morning and enjoyed them a lot more than 3 wks ago. This weekend I went out of town and had to count calories and watch portions. I can say that it was already much easier for me to make smart choices and I made it to under 200lbs!
I did decide to only exclude individual meals, I am not saying don't send any spinach, or whatever, but just the meals that I really can't get down. Most of the food has been very good. Everything I have excluded has been replaced by something very similar in nutrients, cal, protein, etc. Customer Service and the dietician have been great too.

I am doing the 7 day meals and snacks. I enjoy having the snacks right now, they are very high in protein and usually low in calories. Seems to help me because I have insulin resistance.

Hoping the best for you Chantelle! I have lost 10lbs in 3 wks and that included getting me past a plateau weight that my body loves so I know this works!

Joyful- How do you handle your free meals? Do you count calories or just watch portions at your free meal?
Old 07-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #54  
I'm a SWIMMER!

For my "free meal", I actually ate what I REALLY wanted (fast food..lol!) I did still count the calories (because I was using BistroMD to transition into calorie counting, so I still needed to know how many calories I was ingesting), but focused on portion sizes. For instance I'd have the following:

1. Jamaican food (curried chix, peas and rice, cabbage). I'd take a giant scoop of each and weigh it. I'd keep the weight around 16oz (a lil more than regular bistro meals. Total calories for meal was about 900 cals.
2. Pizza (DiGiorno 3 meat pizza) - I'd have 3 slices - about 1100 cals.
3. Chinese food - beef brocolli, fried chicken wing - about 800 cals.

On cheat meal days, I'd eat as normal with bistro meals and snacks, but only I'd replace bistro meals with yummy cheat meal.

One thing to note: I have a CRAZY sweet tooth. Therefore, while on BistroMD, I avoided all full sugar sweets. I'd never have a full fat/sugar dessert on my free night. I'd only have the foods mentioned above.

I gradually reintroduced sugars/fats from goodies back into my diet around the 7th month (well into being done with Bistro and on my own calorie counting). Remember...must crawl before you walk. Identify your weakness early on and don't try to do too much all at once. Key is consistency. Eventually...and before you know it...you'll not only be at goal, but you will have conquered sometimes lifelong battles with food.

All the best!
Old 07-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

I agree with Joyful -- skip the BMD snacks!! I did the 7-day plan for 8 months and lost about 60lb. I always made my own snacks out of fresh foods because I didn't want to burn out on frozen stuff. SOmetimes a girl craves a little salad, ya know?! I made snacks out of string cheese, yougurt, salads, fruit, almonds, hummus, carrots, etc. I tried more carby snacks for a while (like pretzels, crackers, popcorn), but for me they weren't satisfying. They didn't stick with me or fill me up!
I stopped getting shipments the end of April and I've lost another 16lb since then. It's been a period of transition, but I think the stall in loss was due more to mental, emotional, logistical reasons than the food reasons. I've been making and freezing my own meals. Like Joyful, I highly recommend saving all the little black trays! I still have some BMD meals in my freezer... it's nice having some instant variety and sorta comforting to have one of the old meals that I ate so often!

Last edited by Jen516; 07-26-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:25 PM   #56  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Jennnnnnnn!!!!! I'm so glad your doing this gurl! AND I see the scale at an all time low. Before long you'll be in the wonderful world of ONE-DERLAND! Miss reading your posts!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #57  

Hiya Joyful!!!! Yep, I stalled out for a bit -- summer is always hard for me because I'm home all day... with nothing but time to fill. Hard not to fall back into old habits. But finally back on track. The last two weeks have been GREAT! And yeah, it's super motivating to be so close to 199. It's also a bit mind-boggling. I was like 18 or 19 the last time I weighed under 200! Thanks for the encouragement! I know you're still killing it!

PS -- I went and counted my black trays... I think I have like 120! I saved as many as I could because I figure they'll start to warp or get unusable... About 50 of those are in the freezer, full of food!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:25 PM   #58  

Jenn and Joyful, thanks so much for all the words of wisdom. I am going to start saving my little black trays! Thinking hard about what you said, Joyful, about the sweet tooth and not having that kind of stuff during your free meal. Not sure if that would make it harder or easier on me!
Keep going ladies, you are inspiring!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #59  

I am new here. I signed up with BistroMD yesterday (7/28), and am looking forward to it. The plan I will be using is the 5 day no snack plan. I would like to use the 2 free days to try balancing small portions on my own. At this time of the year, I love the really fresh fruits & veggies. Plus my mother makes a killer salad dressing (a vinaigrette-type). I tried Diet To Go for about 6 months and cancelled when I went on vacation for a week. Plus I just couldn't take the food after a while. I used their low-sodium low-fat 1200 calorie plan which had no red meatn, and I did lose 39 lbs. Then I tried NutriSystem and didn't care for that.

Anyway, am looking forward to getting started on BMD.

Julie (Doodie)
Doodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #60  

Hope you have a great first week julie!