Bistro Buddies New Thread

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • ... Forgot to add

Misstiff, congrats on the 12 pounds lists, way to go

Lisa
  • Hi anyone, LOL

Well I have finally decided after about a month of debating, that I will be switching to the Sonoma way of eating, when I end my BMD deliveries. I think this way will fit in with several upcoming trips and family vacations. This delivery will be my last shipment, will be contacting them today. It has been so easy, and I think really helped jump start me on the portions and plate sizes we should all be eating. I have relearned to eat smaller more frequent meals throughout the day and even my cheat meal is more thought out, only had two slices of pizza this week, by cutting them each in half and using a smaller plate. I have been using a dessert plate and putting my meals on those for the last few weeks.

Will pop in and see how you all are doing, and will be on this site.

Lisa
  • Good Luck with everything, Lisa. I also have been using dessert plates for my meals. I'm still calorie counting. Hope to hear again from you! I like this thread, but I have also been posting in some of the 'challenge' threads since I'm not really doing BMD anymore. I hope you lose lots =0)
  • Good luck Lisa! - Check in on us often, would love to hear how everything is going.

I received my first 5 day/no snack shipment yesterday. Will be using the weekends to cook my own meals - the work week is so hectic, I still need the grab-n-go approach for that. Will be using the weekends to figure out what works and doesn't. I may end up stopping my shipments all together by July so I'm not sure if the transition is from 5day/no snacks to 5 day/lunch-dinner only or to just flying solo, counting calories.

Golfing today and Saturday, so lots of walking - looking forward to it. Will check back in after the weigh in (Sat or Sun)

Have a great day, all!

Pluto
  • Hi all,

Been scouring the web for recipes, also addded BMD to facebook page, as they often have some good recipes. It is hard to find many that are not either high sugar or carbs. BMD does a great job with their meals keeping the protein so high. Found a few sonoma and belly fat ones on the web and prevention sites, but they all want to sell you stuff, LOL.

I know from past experience I need to keep the bad carbs and sugar out of my diet. Using the time until my food food runs out to get as prepared as I can, as I know that is the key for me.

This month is challenging as I have my dad's birthday @ restaurant on Saturday, mother day brunch Sunday, my birthday weekend out of town at the wineries the next weekend, another birthday party the following week and then 4 days of camping over the holiday weekend. If I can just maintain thru all that I will be a happy camper.

Did good at the office luncheon this past week, I had steamer clams, and a side of green beans. Even got on line to try and input the calories. I am also ramping up the exercise too.

Pluto, share what you are doing on your off days, and I sill share what I find. Would love to find a recipe for the cinnamon sweet potato pancakes, that is my goal to find a good one that I can freeze, grab and go and that is not full of bad carbs and sugar.

Kifli, are you following a certain plan or just tracking calories?

Keep up the good workI will check back in later this week,

Lisa
  • Lisa- Just counting calories. I might add, not doing such a great job of it lately. Still at the same weight these last 2 weeks b/c I have been going over. You are smart to research some recipes ahead of time. I have been cooking a lot lately for my husband and toddler who like totally different food. I have been eating their food which has been throwing me off with the calorie counting.
    Sounds like you have a lot of fun and busy things to start off your summer. Enjoy and talk to you later =0)
  • Hi all,

Weigh in day and I am down 2 pounds. About two weeks left on the food, as the last delivery was yesterday I have about 2 1/2 weeks of food in the freezer with missing some meals.

I did join a challenge group for five pounds in May. With all I have going on that is going to be challenging!

Kifli, I have been your route, that is tough, you don't want to make two meals, and it is hard trying to figure out calories. I always find it tough when you go out to eat to figure the calories, especially if it is not a big chain restaurant when you can look it up and then I have my doubts about how accurate those are.

Luckily my husband and son are older and they are pretty picky eaters, plus they don't have to watch what they eat and don't like "diet" food, so they are on their own. That also means I have stuff in my house that are real triggers for me, like chips.

Off to clean house as I am hosting mothers day tomorrow, have a great weekend!

Lisa
  • Just checking in Im still just moving along, one meal at a time 14lbs lost so far YIPPIE!! 2 more weeks before I leave on my cruise and then right back on track!
  • Hi All,

Down 1.5 lbs - extremely happy!!! Every little "pound" counts! Well, the 5 day lunch/dinner is going okay. I joined a walking "challenge" at work, they gave us pedometers and I've been counting steps... haven't make 10,000 per day yet, but that's the goal!

So with the 5 day, breakfast has never been an issue for me - best meal of the day and I have lots of choices/variety (waffles, pancakes, eggs, mini bagels, turkey sausage, oatmeal, etc etc). The challenge has been lunch and dinner variety... Since, I only have to cover a weekend, salmon with grilled veggies, grilled chicken with veggies, turkey spaghetti (makes a few meals), turkey or veggie chili.... well, I'm getting back into my cooking groove. Helps when you can fire up the grill!

Going to buy a "spinning" bike for home exercise - Anyone have one? Recommendations??

Have a great weekend!!
    Pluto
  • Hi all,
    Quick checkin ... Just got off a long birthday weekend, so glad I weighed in Friday, plus I have the whole week to get back on track. Did the wine tours in Eastern, WA, got some walking in on Friday. Last week of food, then will switch over to the other plan and hopefully some more weight lost. Just got off the treadmill, then off to work. Got to try and get a walk in later. Take care

Lisa
  • Hi All,

Well my plan to transition from 7 day/no snack, to 5 day/no snack, to possibly lunch/dinner only...... has gone by the wayside. I called BMD and my last shipment is next week. The primary reason for my switch is that I may have landed a new job (local to my home) so I can stop traveling 5 days per week (with only Fri,Sat and Sun morning spent at home). Now that I'll be home during the week, I can get back to cooking and exercising on a regular basis.

I will have a small "stash" of BMD meals to help me if I experience a challenge or two initially. Fingers crossed, but I'm joining the calorie counting/portion control/medium-low carb folks out there. Will still check in periodically to say "Hi". Wishing everyone Health and Success

Pluto
  • Pluto - Haven't been on the thread in a long while. Just read your post, so you probably won't get this message, but just wanted to congratulate you on your new job. I hope it is working out okay for you.
  • Seems this thread is a bit dead but just thought I would post in to say Hi!

I've been on BistroMD about 3 weeks now and so far it's going well. I used them for about 6 weeks last year but didn't customize my plans and got so tired of spinach I could barely stomach it, as well as those little breakfast sandwiches that I hated.

This time around I've been very forward about letting them know which specific meals I do NOT want, and they've been great about taking them out (with a couple minor hiccups).

No more nasty breakfast sandwiches, no more omelets, no more chopped spinach, no more pureed broccoli (gag). There are still some things I'm "less" crazy about (the smell of quinoa out of the microwave makes me feel vaguely ill), but I just keep adding 1-2 meals a week to the list I don't like, and it's already much better. I suspect I'll be with it for the long haul this time. Even with my limiting the selection I've only had a few repeats of meals in 3 weeks (!). (Not counting the berry crepes which I get twice a week and adore.)

So maybe it was only me who had this issue, but don't be afraid to tell them what you do and don't want! Since I started updating the online preferences in my account every week I'm getting more berry crepes (which I mentioned I like a lot), and more pork/beef/seafood (I really get tired of turkey pretty fast, and chicken is just a little better).

My only complaint about BMD is often the food seems somewhat bland. I suspect this is because they are making it for a broad range of palates and don't want to offend anyone, but I love spicy/rich foods, curries, hot peppers, etc. I've started liberally dosing certain meals with hot sauce and other very low or "0 calorie" condiments, and that's also helped quite a bit.

Anyway just my experience; the cost stings a bit but if I'm honest with myself I was spending just as much eating out 2 meals a day before I started...

Not gonna lie.. I'm planning a bit of a cheat night for "My Night" tonight. I have been dying for some baked brie with raspberry chipotle sauce for days, so I'm going to have about ~600 calories for breakfast/lunch and then probably 1000(!) for dinner. But overall 1600 one day a week isn't going to throw me off longterm, and it'll keep me from going crazy dreaming about Brie.
  • Just thought I'd check in to give this a bump

Still on BistroMD, total of.. 5 weeks now? And lost 13 pounds so far.

Still enjoying the food, I'm heating up some stuffed french toast right now for breakfast.
  • Hi!

I am new to these boards, have lurked for a few weeks, and decided it was time to introduce myself! I am 33, struggled with my weight FOREVER! Thyroid issues, PCOS, insulin resistance, and knee issues hinder me, but I am determined to find a way to get my weight under control.

Started Bistro about 2.5 wks ago and have lost about 8lbs. Started at 209, now at 201 and would like to be around 135. (I need to figure out the weight ticker thing)

I'm having a hard time with some of the food...how much spinach and mushrooms can one person eat! But seeing results is worth it and as I exclude the meals I don't like, I'm hoping it will get easier. There are a few things I really enjoy, like berry crepes and pork tenderloin with apple cider sauce. Sometimes I can't believe I'm spending the money, but I really need some help to get some momentum going, especially since I dislocated(again) and fractured my patella in Feb.

My2cats-looks like we have about the same goals, you have done great so far!