3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Anyone on Diet to Go?

Old 02-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #16

S/C/G: 258/246.2/140

Height: 5'4 1/2

I really like the turkey ham salad on the pretzel roll. That was surprisingly very good.

I like most of the breakfasts. The only thing that I really don't like is the fish and seafood. If I see any of that on the menu, I substitute.

Overall, it is okay. Though there is one or two seasonings that they LOVE to use, and I want a variety in taste. Because that seasoning is starting to make me not want to eat the food, i'm tired of it.

I'm finishing up on 5 weeks and my weight loss is at 14lbs. I lost 7lbs the first week.

I'm going to see how the next 5 weeks go.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #17

Okay, my first big issue with DTG today. First the place where I pick up my order didn't have power. The guy said the power had been out since 11AM. My food was not cold. I was worried about it being out that long without refrigeration.

When I got home to check my meals. One of my lunches was incorrect. I put in a substitution request and they didn't substitute. I do not like their seafood dishes so I substitute those every chance I get. Well they sent me the tuna anyway.

I'm not a happy camper right now. <
Old 02-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #18
mcz1970

S/C/G: 245/240/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caring4myself View Post
Okay, my first big issue with DTG today. First the place where I pick up my order didn't have power. The guy said the power had been out since 11AM. My food was not cold. I was worried about it being out that long without refrigeration.

When I got home to check my meals. One of my lunches was incorrect. I put in a substitution request and they didn't substitute. I do not like their seafood dishes so I substitute those every chance I get. Well they sent me the tuna anyway.

I'm not a happy camper right now. <
Aside from the tuna issue, do you think your food is still good?

Oh and my food just came. I'm starting with lunch. I'm doing Low fat traditional 1200 calorie.

Last edited by mcz1970 : 02-23-2011 at 11:38 AM.
mcz1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #19
mcz1970

S/C/G: 245/240/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Lunch

I had the Tomato Basil soup with the corn and spinach stuff. The soup was awesome!!! The corn and spinach stuff had a vinegar based sauce in it that made it taste weird. But it was a small amount and I wolfed it down lol. I am hungry again, but I realized that I didn't drink my yogart drink. Gonna go do that now.....
Old 02-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #20
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/182/155

Height: 5'9"

I am sooo frustrated! I've been on Diet to go for 9 weeks and have lost a total of 12 pounds, but I lost 8 pounds the first week and a half and only 4 pounds these last 2 months. I could understand it if I hadn't been sticking to it faithfully but I haven't cheated one bit! The Diet to Go food is all I've eaten. I expected to be able to lose around 2 pounds a week. Even though I HATE exercise, I've managed to work out at least a 2 to 3 times a week. My husband, on the other hand, has been on Diet to Go the same amount of time, has not exercised at all and has lost 26 pounds so far. I know that men lose weight faster and I don't expect the same results as him, but it's just so discouraging. I've read of other people not losing very well on Diet to Go. I think I'm just eating too many calories (I'm on the 1600 low fat plan, which is what was recommended for me). I could switch to their 1200 plan, but I'm going to switch it up a bit. I love their food but I'm going to switch to Bistro MD and see if I get better results. I did Bistro for a little while about 3 years ago so I know their food is good.
exactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caring4myself View Post
I think it does rotate back to week 1. I think we started on the same day. Do you do local pick up or mail order? My sister did mail order and she stated that she didn't like the food at all. I'm doing local pick-up and I've found some foods that are pretty good. There are some that i'm not fond of, which I switch out. But overall pretty good.
Yeah I didn't like the 1200 calorie mail order option with DTG. The meal's seasoning was not appealing to me. Also the meals were watered down after microwaving them. I followed the instructions of keeping day 1-3 meals in the fridge and then taking the rest of the meals out the freezer and placing them in the fridge on day 3. The low carb plan was okay the first week, I just found that my sugars kept dropping low(I am a diabetic). I didn't like that the breads that came with the low calorie plan were dry and crumbly so I threw them in the trash. So all in all I did have a bad experience with DTG mail delivery. I wish everyone good luck with it, and hope that you don't experience the things I did.
momo1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcz1970 View Post
Aside from the tuna issue, do you think your food is still good?

Oh and my food just came. I'm starting with lunch. I'm doing Low fat traditional 1200 calorie.

There are some meals that are good, but not enough to ofset the price I am paying. I'm deciding to end Diet-to-Go. It is going to be hard, but I'm going to try to do like other ladies here and just count calories. It's going to take a lot of planning on my part, but I can do it.

The fish is so terrible to me, I feel like throwing up thinking about it. There is a seasoning that they frequently use. That got old quick to me. The first few weeks I think I was sailing on excitement of starting something new. Now 8wks in, I don't think I can do it any longer. I am starting to waste the food, and eat out again. I gotta start planning quick because I don't want to gain back the weight I did lose on this program.

Good luck. Everyone's experience is different. That is why I went ahead and tried the program so that I would know for myself.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
I am sooo frustrated! I've been on Diet to go for 9 weeks and have lost a total of 12 pounds, but I lost 8 pounds the first week and a half and only 4 pounds these last 2 months. I could understand it if I hadn't been sticking to it faithfully but I haven't cheated one bit! The Diet to Go food is all I've eaten. I expected to be able to lose around 2 pounds a week. Even though I HATE exercise, I've managed to work out at least a 2 to 3 times a week. My husband, on the other hand, has been on Diet to Go the same amount of time, has not exercised at all and has lost 26 pounds so far. I know that men lose weight faster and I don't expect the same results as him, but it's just so discouraging. I've read of other people not losing very well on Diet to Go. I think I'm just eating too many calories (I'm on the 1600 low fat plan, which is what was recommended for me). I could switch to their 1200 plan, but I'm going to switch it up a bit. I love their food but I'm going to switch to Bistro MD and see if I get better results. I did Bistro for a little while about 3 years ago so I know their food is good.
I was doing the 1200 cal low fat. I did splurge outside of the plan here and there. I've lost about the same amount of weight. I'm going to go to calorie counting.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #24

I am finishing up week 2 in my second cycle of the 5 week cycle. One of the breakfasts is the Greek-stuffed mushroom (portobello, I think). Looking at it, I just about gagged and threw it out. I fixed a bowl of cereal and had a banana instead. The tuna salad tastes lousy to me. And all the vegetables with breakfast, there is only so much I can take. I've decided that when I have an omelet for breakfast, I'm heating it up and then fixing a slice of whole wheat toast with just a small spreading of butter and including a banana. I'm at the point where I'm eating about half of the dinners and throwing the rest away. Even the chicken sausage patty is unappealing now.

Wish I didn't have this reaction because I need to lose the weight, but will see how much more I can tolerate.

Julie
Doodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodie View Post
I am finishing up week 2 in my second cycle of the 5 week cycle. One of the breakfasts is the Greek-stuffed mushroom (portobello, I think). Looking at it, I just about gagged and threw it out. I fixed a bowl of cereal and had a banana instead. The tuna salad tastes lousy to me. And all the vegetables with breakfast, there is only so much I can take. I've decided that when I have an omelet for breakfast, I'm heating it up and then fixing a slice of whole wheat toast with just a small spreading of butter and including a banana. I'm at the point where I'm eating about half of the dinners and throwing the rest away. Even the chicken sausage patty is unappealing now.

Wish I didn't have this reaction because I need to lose the weight, but will see how much more I can tolerate.

Julie
I'm doing the same thing. I forgot to put in substitution requests for this week, and recieved fish, which will be going in the garbage. That mushroom thing was gross. I had the same reaction, and it went in the trash. I never liked that one.

They use mushrooms a lot which mushrooms have no nutritional value. The artichokes I don't like either. Certain parts are hard to chew. It is as if they didn't shell the outer hard layer and just cooked them whole. That Salmon burger I ate part of it because I didn't have anything else for lunch. It had the office at my job smelling like musty fish. I think it smelled so bad somebody started spaying air freshner. That was kinda embarrasing. Even though I'm eating some of the same foods when I first started, it seems that the quality took a drastic turn for the worse. They must have some new people working in the kitchen. I don't know.....

It's the end of the road for me.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #26

I agree, they use way too much mushrooms & artichokes. I throw away the brussels sprouts & tomato sauce when it comes with breakfast. I personally like the salmon filets & salmon burger, although I agree the salmon burger is too fishy. Maybe it's time for Weight Watchers or something else. At least I've gotten started on weight loss and hopefully started bringing the numbers down (glucose levels & liver enzymes).

p.s. -- where in Virginia do you live? Just curious. My sister & her family live in Fairfax.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #27

I'm in Fredericksburg. I agree, it has given me a jump start. I'm just trying to maintain and not go backwards. I'm having a difficult time, because i'm stressed out, but not going to give up.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #28

@Caring, if you can overcome it through the bad times, you will do even better during the good times. Just stay focused and you'll be fine.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #29

Tuesday lunch tomorrow (3/29/11) finishes my second 5 week cycle on Diet To Go. So far I have lost 26 lbs. I'm at the point where I'm throwing away about half my dinners because it's too much food. I hate to throw food out and it hurts to waste the food for as much as I'm paying for it. But I need to lose the weight so my doctor does not put me on medication for diabetes.

Will see how the third 5 week cycle goes with weight loss and how to handle the food. I used to like mushrooms & artichokes; not anymore. Hope you all on DTG are having better success!

Julie (Doodie)
Old 05-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #30

Okay, now it's getting to the point of no return. I am beginning week 16. This morning's breakfast was the blueberry pancakes with syrup & turkey sausage. When I opened the package there was a suspicious-looking green color on the pancakes. Couldn't tell if it was from the blueberry juice or if they were going moldy. Two lunches that have included apples were nothing to laugh at. One apple was gone brown in the middle, and the other one had a bad spot on it on the outside.

Guess it's time to change.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.