I'm like you...I HATE cooking AND I'm totally LAZY about cooking! I got fat eating FAST FOOD...not that I love it so much, but its quick and easy, so when I'm hungry...I'M HUNGRY and need to eat IMMEDIATELY!!
That's why I know I need to change the following:
1. Prepare my meals in advance (imperative for success)
2. Count calories (no winging it here...also failed in the past trying to!)
3. Continue to weigh myself once per week
4. Eliminate all WHITE foods (white potatoes, white rice, etc.) and replace with more vitamin packed starchy foods like sweet potato, peas, carrots, etc.
5. Exercise (running) at least 3 days/week, but preferably 5-6 days/week
One thing I've learned while on Bistro MD meal plan is that they give you plenty of SPINACH...so that will become a stape to my diet (on my own). You normally get a starchy veggie and a leafy veggie with about a 3 oz serving of chicken, turkey or fish. Fats are limited to healthy omega 3 or monounsaturated. SALT (now this is a biggie) limited to approx 1500 mgs/day. From now on, I will never use seasonings that have salt in them. I will stick with things like Ms. Dash (unsalted) and separately add my own sea salt (measuring it, of course). I used to be FREE WILLY about using salt.
Well..this is what I can think of now....perhaps I'll add to this later...as I'm about to venture out ON MY OWN very shortly.
Much success everyone!