3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Getting ready to start NL diet--any suggestions? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/216814-getting-ready-start-nl-diet-any-suggestions.html)

Gypsydancer 11-07-2010 08:39 PM

Getting ready to start NL diet--any suggestions?

Hi! I'm getting to start the New Lifestyle diet in 5 days. I tried the sample pack and really liked it! Any suggestions for how I can prepare myself for success while I wait for my order to come in? Thanks!

irishchik 11-08-2010 11:29 AM

Hi there! I started on the NL as well. Check out the wonderslim threads. This is the same exact food, just different labels. Many of these companies use the same manufacturer who slaps on a different brand label. Everyone there is really supportive and their is a lot of useful information. Just go to the top of the forums and do a search for wonderslim. I did that, then went through and subscribed to all of them so they would be bookmarked for me. Also, NL has a forum their members use called liquid diet discussion. Its not extremely active, but their are some great people over there to talk to as well.

As far as getting ready, I took the time to read the book that came with my sample pack. I read all the forum posts, made notes. Started to put more vegetables in my meals and less meat.

I printed the grocery list and meal plan off the diet direct site for the wonderslim plan and got my grocery shopping done and out of the way.

I basically used the time to plan ahead!

Gypsydancer 11-08-2010 07:04 PM

Thanks, Irishchick (hey--I'm in Michigan, too!). Very good suggestions. Were you hungry the first few days? Should I be cutting down on the quantity of food to make it easier?

irishchik 11-09-2010 11:30 AM

Yeah! Neighbors!!

I used New Lifestyle plan (800 to 1080 cals) with the sample pack I got and I was dizzy, light headed, and so on. Did NOT like that. So, I looked at the Medifast website and the Wonderslim/Diet Direct (1000-1200 cals) website. I find the Wonderslim MUCH easier to follow because their is a little bit extra to eat which helps me a LOT.

Since I am eating every couple of hours I find I am NOT hungry at all. This has been the best decision for myself. The meals are quick and I get to eat one meal with my family. It has been a great tool.

My loss is slow and I have had some parties here and there. So far, 5lbs in 2.5 weeks. Have a few more days before my next weigh in.

After I was done with my sample pack and was waiting on my order from New Lifestyle (love coupons) and WonderSlim (they have a few things NL doesnt) I started to cut down on portions, eating more salads and just following the WS meal plan with things I already had in the house to mentally prepare myself. I had about 5 days before my package arrived.

I ate 2x as many vegi as I was and cut my protein in half for dinner. Breakfast was oatmeal with splenda and lunch was usually a lean cuisine or soup.

I have some information in my blog (link below) and on the right click the tag Wonderslim or New Lifestyle and it should pull up all the posts about it. I have been really busy with work so I have not been able to post like I wanted but their are some menu, product reviews and tips.

justbeelieve 10-23-2011 07:03 PM

Are you still using New Life? I just ordered mine, it should be here Thursday. I hope I do okay on it, I am worried about still being hungry and about missing some of the starchy vegetables I love. But--I am looking forward to the loss and feeling my clothes feel better so hopefully I can stay focused.