3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Wonderslim #5

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #91

S/C/G: 234/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Off topic: everytime I see Kristi: as a post to Kristikins, I say to myself "I didn't post that, or say that", then I remember that none of you here know my name is Kristi! LOL. (well now you do!)
Old 11-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #92

Kristikins: Thank you for telling me your story too!! I want our love to last and part of me is scared, looking years ahead, I just pray that we always love each other like we do now. But I seem to love him more as we have more experiences together So I hope to have the years you have!!

Jennifer: Please tell me your food diet because obviously it is EXTREMELY effective! And the best part is that you feel better and in control and you lost that binge weight!! GOOD FOR YOU GIRL We can only take things one step at a time, one day at a time, and pick ourselves up when we fall. Cause we ALL fall.

I have another Thanksgiving meal planned UGHHH - fiancee just told me his mother is having Thanksgiving this Saturday for us since we will be with my family at the beach on the real holiday. I CANNOT eat too much, she will understand, I think..I can stick to turkey but this lady cooks at least 3 desserts at every meal. It is hard to pass up and the FUNNIEST part of this story is RIGHT after this meal, I have to go to the seamstress for measurements, and tailoring!! Please Lord give me the self control to not stuff myself so I cannot fit in my dress LOL
Old 11-15-2010, 10:38 PM   #93

Hello everyone, I basically have been a lurker for sometime now and am always inspired by everyones stories.
I started WonderSlim in July of 2010 but had to quit due to health reasons. I have Multiple Sclerosis and I had a small relapse and I needed to focus on other things. So I have over 188 packets left and am selling them on ebay. Just posted tonight. I know this is a no-no but felt I would chance it... wanted to give someone the chance here to get a good deal on products since Christmas is coming up and know lots of people need to save where ever they can... please feel free to PM me or search ebay for WonderSlim. Good luck and best wishes to everyone.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #94
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Heck, I'll jump in with my "love story." I didn't marry until I was 38 yrs. old. I joked that by marrying so late, we were avoiding that first divorce. However, the boy (and I use that word on purpose) that I married was not the man I dated. He sucked the life out of me for nearly three years until I booted him out of the house and out of our marriage. (he has narcassistic personality disorder). He moved back into his parent's basement (yes, when we married, he moved out of his parent's basement. Red flag, no??).

I took a year or more by myself. Recovering and regaining my life and spirit again. I had lunch with a former boss and he encouraged me to "get out there again." I started looking into on-line personals.

I was leaving for a month vacation in South Africa when I decided to do a "blitz." DH was one of the guys and he responded. I was very cautious (which bugged him, since he's not an axe murderer).

The first evening we met, he knew that he'd marry me. I knew that we were "long term" before we had our 2nd date. DH had had a very rough patch. His DW of 11 years died of cancer. He remarried too quickly to provide a mother for his son (yet another story of the person one dated is NOT the person he ended up married to). He filed for divorce 4 times and even at the last minute tried to make his marriage work because it killed him to be away from his sons.

We've been together 4.5 years and married for over 3. We don't fight, we don't argue. He said that he doesn't "do big." But he never saw me as "big." He tells me all the time how proud he is of me. I'm VERY Blessed.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:14 AM   #95
Yo-Yo

S/C/G: 130/129/100

Height: 5'3"

Aww, since we're sharing our loves of our lives, I feel like I want to contribute to.

I would like to believe that despite my age and unmarried status, I can feel loved, too. Like you, BrunetteAtty, I see my body as something it is not. After unexpectedly and reluctantly falling into a relationship, my s/o has spent the past two and a half years trying to convince me that I am something I do not believe I am. He doesn't point out other women and say, "You're more/just as attractive as she," but he does go out of his way to convince me that I am what he wants. Unfortunately instead of acquiescing, I've developed a counter to prove him wrong. He's none too keen on that, but he's steadfast; usually he offers his dissenting point of view. Recently he said, "It's not my fault you don't consider yourself attractive enough to eat," regarding what we would do if we wanted to go out to eat. It's resonating with me. I see room for self improvement, but he sees someone he'd love regardless. It's sweet, and I feel guilty I cannot see what he sees, or even agree with him. His support of me for me is essential, even if I try to brush it off.

Anyway, thankfully I did well in today's eating.

I have exams to study form. Ick.

BrunetteAtty, you could always exercise A LOT before going to dinner to justify the caloric expense of your meals.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #96

Oh Ladies, I LOVE all these stories of love, loss, etc.! It is amazing all the journeys we go through in life. And I never thought at this time last year I would be marrying mine in 18 days!

Downer: We are just like that with our men, at least some women like us, but I would rather be friends with HUMBLE women any day than these cocky ones I see running around where I live! My fiancee fell in love with me because I didn't look at him as a meal ticket. Before me, the women who were AFTER him and I mean AFTER him were money grubbers and plastic surgery queens (and many much older than him) so when he saw my smile and warmth, he fell...And I made him CHASE ME because I have NEVER chased a man in my life (I am a Southern belle whose mother taught her, let the man call you, don't call him). He was not used to that and LOVED IT!

I can tell you ladies are nice and I like that, we need to probably work on having a little MORE self esteem but at least we have some humility which makes us THAT more human and has taught us compassion.

I was OP yesterday but I did have one bite of fiancee's Chalupa - didn't show up on the scale, luckily. He can truly eat a bagful of TB after a burger lunch and a biscuit breakfast and have ABS - his sister is the SAME WAY. One weekend of eating their mother's food, I GAIN 5 lbs - QUICK. His sister eats more than me, and her size 4 bridesmaid's dress is GETTING BIG on her! Oh the luck of the genetic draw LOL

Last edited by BrunetteAtty : 11-16-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #97

That diet honestly looks absolutely delicious! Made my mouth water reading about it LOL.

I know that holding steady at your weight is probably a good goal because we are the EXACT same height, and if you have a medium-larger build, you must look amazing at 159-160. Oddly when I was at that weight, I could wear YOUTH XL's in clothes like Saints shirts and a football jersey. And I had a fitted pair of Misses Size 6 pants. Much of what I purchased was Small (4-6) and my Medium's were baggy. People are shocked about that, but probably much of it is Vanity Sizing.

Case in point, my mother and I had her wedding dress restored by a museum restoration company for my wedding. The dress is 30 years old, and she was a Size 8 - at my height of 5'7 and 135 lbs! I am having panels put into the side because obviously 135 isn't in my immediate future like in less than 3 weeks LOL but that DRESS WAS TINY! Even my teenage track star and cheerleader cousin couldn't fit into it so that made me feel better

But Jennifer you keep rockin that plan, girl! Your positive attitude will keep you getting healthy and staying that way. Doesn't control feel good!?!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #98

Wedding dress sizes have always been weird, usually bigger than our actual clothes size, I have no idea why, but that's the way they are. My wedding dress was 2sizes bigger than my clothes at the time and still had to be let out a tiny bit in order to zip comfortably.

my love story-My (now) husband and I met in 1997, online. We met on an online bulletin board system way before meeting online was cool! He was living in Minnesota and I was in North Carolina. He flew down to meet me for the first time on my 23rd birthday. A year and a day later I moved to St. Louis where he had moved not long after we met. We lived together for almost 12 years before getting married this past summer. I weighed 142lbs and wore a size 10-12 when we met and by the time we got married I was an 18/20. He will sometimes rub my tummy and tell me he loves my soft belly.
He's a big guy too, 6'6" and 365lbs.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #99
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Sweet Sweet stories!! I'm lovin' them too yall!!
Keziah - KRISTI????!!! WOW...how totally awesomely cool is that?? Our name spelled that way is few and far between! Groovy!! When I was a little girl (late 70's) is when the personalized stuff came out and finding something with my name spelled correctly was near impossible - unless it was special ordered...it was such a buz kill!

Hope yall have a good day today..it's rainy and super windy in TN today.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #100

I was born in 74 and I'm convinced that my dad (who is the one who named me) was on drugs, as my brothers name is Chris. My mom says that after I was born he said "Oh wouldn't it be cute to have a Chris and a Kristi, and lets spell it with a K and and i" 36 years later I still have to spell my name for everyone and just sigh when I get emails addressed to Christy, Christi, Cristi, Kristy (the list is endless)
Old 11-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #101

Funny you mention your Dad's naming...legend has it that my father named me Valerie after this beautiful Italian girl he grew up with, my Mama jokes it is his old gf...anyway, she became a lesbian so Dad says they were just friends..don't hurt that fragile Italian male EGO! LOL
Old 11-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #102

LOL, my cousin is named after the Police song Roxanne. So we tease her that she is named after a stripper (her 20something year old brother picked the name).

My middle names (yes, I have 2) are from singers on the Lawrence Welk show that my 3 year older brother was obsessed with.

I think the moral of the story is don't let men name children!
Old 11-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #103

I'm a daily weigher and know that there are ups and downs over the course of a week and am okay with that.
However, the past 4 days something has been off, scale is going steadily up, no ups and downs as usually happens with me.

Here is the breakdown for the past week, can you ladies look and see if you can see anything wrong?

11/10- Consumed 1389 calories, 20 minutes of yard work (164 burned) net 1225 calories weight (at 8am) 216.4

11/11 Consumed 1251 calories, 35 minutes of stationary bike (173 calories burned) net 1078, weight (at 8am) 217.2

11/12 Consumed 1189 calories, burned 632 (lots of yard work and stationary bike), net 557 weight (8am) 217.6

11/13 Consumed 1026 calories, fishing (99 burn), net 927, weight (10am) 216

11/14 Consumed 1125, burned 461 (yard work, bike, resistance bands) net 664 weight (10am) 215.6

11/15 Consumed 1026, burned 286 (bike and resistance bands) net 740 weight (8am) 216

11/16 Consumed 1081, burned 314 (bike and resistance bands) net 767 weight (8am) 216.6

weight as of 8am today 217.6

I drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water a day, the norm is more like 120-130 ounces.

MyPlate on livestrong is public so you can see specifics if you want http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...y/who/kmevans/

My weekly losses so far look like this
-8.50 week 1
-3.30 week 2
-2.20 week 3
-1.40 week 4
+6.40 week 5 (my birthday, a week out of town at training and Halloween)
-6.80 week 6
-2.00 week 7

Sorry for the long post.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #104

I don't mean to ask a stupid question, but this isn't your TOM is it?
Old 11-17-2010, 05:06 PM   #105
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by keziah23 View Post
I was born in 74 and I'm convinced that my dad (who is the one who named me) was on drugs, as my brothers name is Chris. My mom says that after I was born he said "Oh wouldn't it be cute to have a Chris and a Kristi, and lets spell it with a K and and i" 36 years later I still have to spell my name for everyone and just sigh when I get emails addressed to Christy, Christi, Cristi, Kristy (the list is endless)
:-) OMG for real...I was born in 72!! And my sisters name is Keri...so I thought my name was keri till I was 6!! (most of the time my sis and Mom call me Kris) Mom would call roll ya know I tell people my Mom was on drugs when she decided on my name spelling too! And my middle name...UGH...lets just say it's WORSE!!! Sounds like a french prostitute name!! Couldn't be something easy like Lynn or Lee or heck even Mae!!!
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.