Wonderslim #5

You're on Page 6 of 34
Go to
  • Hey Ladies, happy weekend, 3 weeks from today I will be dressing in my wedding dress! I am loving my WS right now, invented a new breakfast that made me feel like a decadent dessert eater..I take the berry chocolate cereal, add 4 oz of unsweetened almond milk (i am lactose intolerant), plus a mocha cream shake packet and a little water to thin it! This tasted GRAND. I was thinking creatively about my meal, and I realized I can have 2 pieces of diet bread, some fresh lettuce, tomato slices and delicious 4 oz of lean turkey, which is my favorite sandwich! I will add a little mustard as well but I am looking forward to this for the week. Tonight the fiancee and I are eating dinner out with friends, at an Italian place. Read the menu online and want to order a grilled chicken Caesar with no croutons and the dressing on the side..this is as close to a lean and green as i can get...and I will order water with lemon.
  • We're homebound today as we've had at least 8 inches of wet, heavy snow. DH is re-caulking the tub today. He's scraped out the old stuff and will start to add the new stuff. The tile grout keeps bleeding through and pissing him off. Once he's done with that, he'll get to tackle the driveway. And me, I've been doing laundry. Sometimes the jobs do even out!!

I "peeled" 2 pommegranites today so we've been snacking on the seeds. Yum! I tried the Jillian Michael's whey protein in a shake and YUCK!!!! I guess I'll continue on as a DD purchaser!!
  • Quote: Hey Ladies, happy weekend, 3 weeks from today I will be dressing in my wedding dress! I am loving my WS right now, invented a new breakfast that made me feel like a decadent dessert eater..I take the berry chocolate cereal, add 4 oz of unsweetened almond milk (i am lactose intolerant), plus a mocha cream shake packet and a little water to thin it! This tasted GRAND. I was thinking creatively about my meal, and I realized I can have 2 pieces of diet bread, some fresh lettuce, tomato slices and delicious 4 oz of lean turkey, which is my favorite sandwich! I will add a little mustard as well but I am looking forward to this for the week. Tonight the fiancee and I are eating dinner out with friends, at an Italian place. Read the menu online and want to order a grilled chicken Caesar with no croutons and the dressing on the side..this is as close to a lean and green as i can get...and I will order water with lemon.
    Ahh, I'm so happy for you (which just intensifies my self-disappointment). Your morning food sounds delicious, and I am jealous, lucky girl.

I know it doesn't sound as delish~ as dressing, but I order my salads dry with extra tomato. I use the tomato juices as a lubricant for the salad in place of dressing, so it's healthier. Maybe it's worth a try for your dinner tonight. ???

Yesterday, for me, was super bad. I was more than off-plan. I'm just not going to talk about it. BUT, you know how sometimes you order a box, and it turns out to be a total MISS? Oye, I have two boxes of those, plus a couple protein bars. That makes today DAY 2 (of six) of "Cho'kem Down Day." Since I was so off-plan yesterday, it makes these bad meals I have to eat seem like a punishment. A five more day punishment.

Is there a way to make the tomato soup taste not taste like vomit?

Good dieting today!
  • Quote:
    I too noticed the low fiber intake though (usually I eat a TON of fiber, 40-50grams a day). So I added three servings of benefiber per day for an extra 12 g on this plan, we'll see how that works. It really did have almost no taste at all in plain water.
    That is what I use. It is the best fiber supplement I have found. I have a lot of intestinal issues and I find the extra helping of fiber help keep me from having stomach problems all day. I toss a tsp in my coffee, another in a couple of my shakes, and so on.
  • Hi, everyone! I'm on my second day of New Lifestyle. I did two days of the sample pack a week ago, and liked it, but I got extremely itchy on the second day. It was weird! So far, no itchiness this time.

I really like the food! Seriously! My plan is to focus on following the plan and not to weigh myself (I didn't even weigh myself to get a start weight, but I believe I weigh around 260). My first goal is to follow the plan for two months and see how it's going (meaning evaluating whether I am still following it consistently).

I look forward to getting to know everyone!
  • Hey downer!

I am impressed that you order your salads dry, I WISH I had that kind of self control...Last night, I had every good intention of ordering what I had planned but was having so much fun with friends and they ordered appetizers and desserts. Fiancee and I did at least only split an entree, and oddly enough, I am back down to 172..Dying to get to 158 in 19 days which is the weight I met him at and where my clothes fit. I have nothing getting in my way until the wedding except one more shower and then Thanksgiving "MEAL" - as I remember one poster saying her trainer called it - what a novel idea - not as per my usual a 5 day gorge yourself and gain 10 lbs extravaganza! I do need to drink more water today cause as usual I am dehydrated...it is my chronic state and I think a result of my surgery 4 years ago along with my crushing anemia.

On another note, has anyone ever gotten a MysticTan? I am thinking of trying the LIGHTEST setting today since it is 2 and 1/2 weeks til the wedding and if I hate it, it will wash off...this would be a trial run but i am terrified of that orange Christina/Paris tan they all seemed to have 5 years ago...
  • I've never had a MysticTan, but I pay for unlimited ones every month as a part of my tanning package. The salon I go to doesn't have one. Let us know how it goes.
    Want to have a weight loss competition? I'd like to drop15 lbs ASAP, too.

OMG! I figured out how to make the soup and the oatmeal TOLERABLE!!! And I decided to have them for breakfast and lunch so that I get rid of them faster.
  • I do mystic tan's fairly often. I am VERY fair skinned (i.e. white as a ghost) and I get a #2 which is the medium setting. Get the tan 3 days!!! BEFORE the wedding. I learned this through trial and error. Enough time for any weirdness to fade away (if there are any spots that are uneven) and leave a nice healthy looking tan. I recommend doing it at least once before the wedding so you can get the hang of applying the blocker lotion and getting everything even.

I got married in July and I did my tan on Wednesday afternoon/evening for my Saturday morning wedding.

Get the nose plugs if the place has them, the stuff stinks to high heaven. And remember not to shower for 12 hours after you get it (you'll smell a little wierd for that 12 hours).
    The stuff has an instant tanner in it as well as the stuff that tints your skin, so you'll look pretty dark right away, but when you shower most of that will wash off, just leaving the tinted skin which is lighter but still more tan than you were before.
  • downer, please tell how to make the oatmeal and soup tolerable, lol, i am up for any and every hint! And I WOULD LOVE a competition, absolutely love one! I am doing WS except for a bridal shower this Sunday and then Thanksgiving "meal" but other than that, I AM 100% on plan! As silly as it sounds, that 158 means so much to me, although my long term summer goal is 135 and ripped for the beach since I live at the beach. I live in Destin, FL and did NOT like being chubby at the beach this summer, I am just not comfortable. I want to be comfortable in my own skin, enjoying this beautiful place that I live. Going to the beach here is like going to the mall, and it's so hot, I want to wear shorts! Another part of my long term goal, and what I am asking for as a Christmas present is to do P90X, one cycle of it, mainly cause I want to see if it works and I need a good challenge.

Well ladies, thanks so much on the Mystic Tan advice, I tried it today on the Medium setting. It kinda freaked me out for a minute, being so dark and that stuff shooting at you! And they didn't have nose plugs so I could not figure the breathing out at all. Another weird thing for me, I am sweaty, like I sweat more than most. It was hot in the salon today from the beds and I was sweaty so the backs of my legs have some streaking. But I like the color so far, very glowy, although my face seems a bit darker but when I wash it again I am hoping it will die down. The package I bought was for 2 Mystic's and I have to use the other one by Friday so I am going to get a second spray Friday morning. I am thinking about trying the dark one although this medium is pretty darn good as is. I have jet black hair and blue eyes and fair but olive skin as odd as that sounds...my groom is strawberry blonde and blue eyed, with very fair skin. So I am thinking of getting him a light Mystic...sometimes I self tan him myself with a high end self tanner and it looks great on him so I may just use a light coat of that. He feels so confident when I self tan him! Well ladies I hope everyone has a wonderful, OP week ahead!
  • Quote: downer, please tell how to make the oatmeal and soup tolerable, lol, i am up for any and every hint! And I WOULD LOVE a competition, absolutely love one! I am doing WS except for a bridal shower this Sunday and then Thanksgiving "meal" but other than that, I AM 100% on plan! As silly as it sounds, that 158 means so much to me, although my long term summer goal is 135 and ripped for the beach since I live at the beach. I live in Destin, FL and did NOT like being chubby at the beach this summer, I am just not comfortable. I want to be comfortable in my own skin, enjoying this beautiful place that I live. Going to the beach here is like going to the mall, and it's so hot, I want to wear shorts! Another part of my long term goal, and what I am asking for as a Christmas present is to do P90X, one cycle of it, mainly cause I want to see if it works and I need a good challenge.
    Well, with the maple oatmeal, I add 1-2 tsp of maple cream to my not more than 3 oz water. I boil them on the stove and add the packet once the water starts rolling. Then I stir and allow it to sit on the stove until it becomes super thick. Eat as quickly as possible.

The tomato basil soup was fun, haha, too. I boiled my 6 ounces of water, stirred in the mix; it actually dissolved throughly. Next I added a 35 cal wedge of Laughing Cow tomato basil cheese, some fresh ground pepper and garlic, and cooked a little while longer. It tasted so much better, and it didn't give me the impression of vomit.

So the challenge starts tomorrow, then! I'll be here daily, keeping you and me on our toes, er feet, to ensure we lose our 15-ish pounds in just a couple weeks. Wonderslim, gym, and Brazil Butt Lift here I come! I'm banking for some weight around 115 lbs.

Regardless, I'm sure you'll look lovely by your wedding date. No self-deprication - he loves you with or without that 15 lbs lost by your big day!
  • I don't have a problem with the oatmeal (only have cinnamon apple), but do add a little milk to it. The entrees are killing me. I add fresh veggies, but haven't found a really great solution yet.

Going to be a tough work week, but hoping to keep on track. I finally lost a pound that had been lingering. Need to get some exercise in this week!

Have a good week all!
  • downer, funny you mention that he loves me even with the weight on...i have a terrible, horrible body image. my friend has called me body dysmorphic, maybe i am, but never formally diagnosed. with the weight, i feel absolutely huge, but my fiancee..well, he will see women out and about, at the grocery store or the outlet mall while we are together and he will say, "that girl looks like Butter" (Butter is my nickname). and the woman will be thin and beautiful and i am so shocked he sees me that way cause i think i'm awful looking and couldn't hold a candle to that woman.

i really am so lucky to have him. it was a miracle we met, i was totally not into guys, just finishing my last year of law school. you see, i had a boyfriend of six years who died suddenly of an enlarged heart in 2006 at 33 years old. and i figured he was the love of my life, and that until i died one day, i would never know love again...

i was watching a football game with my gf at a sports bar and my fiancee walked in. he says he knew the second he laid eyes on me that i was the woman he was going to marry. he will be 32 in Jan and I just turned 29, and we have never been married before. but we were certainly 2 people whose paths crossed because of a much greater force...and my life has never been the same.

the anniversary of my first love's death is still a horrible and sad day for me, but i had a dream of him once and he was beautiful and told me he loved me....and it gave me such peace, i really believe he is in Heaven....

anyway, i know i have poured my heart out on this diet board but really when that love finds you, he does see you in a light that you may not see yourself in...but i am working on that!
  • BrunetteAtty - WOW...what a story...I definitely believe that your "Love" see's you in a different way than others do...at my heaviest weight (279) my womderful hubs would see someone who I saw as WAY smaller than me - and he'd say "look at that girl..that's what size you are"..I'd say "HA..I wish"...to me "that" girl looked 180 tops! He makes me feel sooo beautiful and SOOO sexy!! I too was NOT looking for love when I found him - I'd been thru a yucky divorce (a total cheating, drug using, idiot terd!) and had decided I was done with men - was content to just be me and my son...Hubs too was trying to rid himself of a bad relationship. A friend of a friend insisted on introducing us - and we both finally gave in. It took a couple meetings for the sparks to fly - cause we both were soooo resistent...but boy o boy when those sparks started...they still haven't stopped 14 years later! He adopted my son - and we are still as happy in love as we ever were! Oh sure - we have our ups and downs - but WAY more ups than downs!! And when we are down - it's not for very long and is always something really stupid!! Yep - I've got a gem too!! Good luck with your weight loss - I know you'll be a beautiful bride and your fiance is one lucky dude!!

Here's a funny about being a closet binger...On Sunday afternoons hubs goes for a bike ride and is usually gone for 2 hours provided the weather is nice. Well...while he's gone is usually when I scarf! LOOK out kitchen here I come...well yesterday he left about 1:45 (it was cold and dreary, but he was wanting to do a good 30 mile or so ride anyways)....I was busy in my craft room playing and about 2:30 I sat down at the computer to check emails - thought hhhmmm now'd be a good time for a big bowl of Froot Loops w/ Almond milk...so I go into the kitchen get the cereal - bowl, spoon and am just about to pour on the milk...KNOCK knock KNock at the door...it's HIM..he's back already...UGH...what to do...so I start shoving the cereal back into the box - loosing lots of it on the floor - scooping it up and into the trash, stick the cereal box back on the shelf - and toss the bowl into the sink giving him just enough time to dig out his key and is walking in the door (seems no one showed up for the club ride and it's was too cold outside to go far)..whew...that was close!! So needless to say - I didn't get to binge on my weekly 1/2 box of cereal - and almost got caught being a doofus! It's funny now that I think about it...why do I feel like I need to hide from him to eat junk??? Oh well...here's to Monday! A cold and rainy one at that! MEG - SNOW...really?? Already??
  • Last week I had a horrible sinus headache, so bad I had to leave work early and go home. On my way home I stopped at the gas station to get a big bottle of water and well i also bought a toblerone candy bar. After I ate it I hid the wrapper!
    Ugh, this is not a healthy thought process for us, but it seems a lot of us do it.
  • Kristi: This is for you: a store 50 miles from me had TRIPLE coupons yesterday. I drove there and did my deal. The original total was $218. I paid out of pocket: $60!!! Can you believe it? I hope to go to another of their stores this coming Sunday, provided my house is spotless for my guests who arrive next Monday.

I'm still in a downward cycle (yeah!) and weighed in at 158.8 this morning. Sometimes I defy logic!

I did a big DD order: $250. I was getting low on dessert puddings.